The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jda95
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by jda95 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 am

Kid Buu wrote:Does anyone know what Kami says in the original version?
That translation is pretty much spot-on - but just clarifying because it's kinda poorly worded, it's talking about technique as in move, specifically Yamcha's Soukidan.

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:35 pm

Please could someone translate this text about broly?
I know of the content, just wanted a more accurate translation.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:17 pm

It's a description of the plot of Z movie 8, up to the point where Paragus tells them about this mysterious "Legendary Super Saiyan" who's been laying waste to the South Galaxy. Apparently it possesses the power to destroy New Vegeta... which I assume is what you're getting at? (Wasn't this mentioned in the movie proper?)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:18 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:It's a description of the plot of Z movie 8, up to the point where Paragus tells them about this mysterious "Legendary Super Saiyan" who's been laying waste to the South Galaxy. Apparently it possesses the power to destroy New Vegeta... which I assume is what you're getting at? (Wasn't this mentioned in the movie proper?)
Thank you very much. I know what was said in the movie, just wanted to know this too was said in guidebooks to support these informations. this confirms my suspicion that broly not destroyed a galaxy in a one-shooter more over time (days). how much less speculation better to understanding of the facts.

Clearin

Post by Clearin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Can someone translate this page?

FireFly
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FireFly » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:10 pm

The title reads "The spite of the universe pierces Freeza," or something to that effect. The phrase "urami" could mean anger, rage, wrath, hatred, or something else similar too.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Can anyone translate the Krillin and Piccolo texts?

Sorry for the size.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:17 pm

So, about Gotenks. Herms said before that this is what it says:
Herms wrote:The middle scan is from the SEG: Story Guide, and describes Fusion as giving birth to a warrior that has multiplied the two's power together.
So wait... does this really say that Gotenks' BP is equal to Goten's & Trunks' BPs multiplied? :shock: What is the exact statement?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:18 pm

When did Herms post that?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:21 pm

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, well well...
I must say it's very surprising, that no one here picked up on that until now, when most of the translation requests are strength related(I think). :P

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 pm

The irony in that is if Vegetto is Goku x Vegeta and Gotenks is now Goten x Trunks, then Gogeta is Goku x Vegeta too...and both fusions are the pretty much the exact same strength (maybe a bit of a difference for having to match powers exactly). Which most people in the battle power discussion community seem to think isn't true. xD
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:39 pm

That's true.
If it really says that, it looks I got to stop hating on Gogeta so much :wink:

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Is it talking about battle power units in particular?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:33 pm

hleV wrote:Is it talking about battle power units in particular?
What else could it be?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Here we go...
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:19 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
What else could it be?
Any kind of units the Fusion technique uses. It's obvious from the series that it's not BPxBP, so I'm wondering if the guidebook is talking about BP and is wrong or is not talking about BP and doesn't contradict anything.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:19 pm

If it really says that Fusion is AxB, then I really doubt they had anything other than battle powers in their mind.

And how is it obvious in the manga that it doesn't work as BPxBP?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:12 pm

It just says "power" (力). Anyway, the full line is:
A merging technique that’s possible when power and physique are close, if successful then a super warrior that has multiplied the two peoples' power is born.
For the record, the word for "multiply" here is kake-awaseru[/u], while the word for "multiplication" in the Vegetto thing was kakezan. Though "multiply" is the primary meaning, kake-awaseru does have a secondary meaning of "crossbreed/hybridize" (you can even use it to describe crossbreeding pigs and boars), while near as I can tell kakezan only means "multiplication".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks Herms.
As I said earlier it really is amusing, that no one here brought your original summation of this part to the attention of this community given the high amount of strength related translations request.
I'm sure this will be interpreted in numerous different ways just like the one about Vegetto/Potara.