The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Google Translate should not be used for these kinds of questions. Trying to isolate certain characters and thinking you’ve figured out a meaning without understanding the rest of the context is what leads to things like “I was flown down here.”

(And the off chance that you might end up getting something right is just bad validation for the next time!)

Anyway, the weird preemptive strike (?) against having a thread locked (?) is... weird? There was nothing wrong with the other one, even if this might also be an appropriate place to ask.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheMysticalRanger

Post by TheMysticalRanger » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:58 pm

Translation? Hopefully the image isn't pixelated too much.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 am

TheMysticalRanger wrote:Translation? Hopefully the image isn't pixelated too much.
What part? Why?

Also, this is a selection from the Chinese edition/translation of the Dragon Ball Forever guide book.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheMysticalRanger

Post by TheMysticalRanger » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
TheMysticalRanger wrote:Translation? Hopefully the image isn't pixelated too much.
What part? Why?

Also, this is a selection from the Chinese edition/translation of the Dragon Ball Forever guide book.

I just want these parts to be translated!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Those parts are dialogues from the respective characters.

GOHAN: "I'm sorry, Dad... I failed to protect the Earth... I was supposed to save it and yet I was unable to stop Cell..."

CELL: "He he he, it's over. I'm going to put an end to this fight!!"

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:55 pm

What's Goku saying here? I know this was translated in the Strength Checker, but Steve Simmons' translation has Goku saying "Super Saiyan size" in the second balloon rather than just "Super Saiyan". Is that an accurate translation as well or was it just an addition from the producers of the Anime?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

TheMysticalRanger

Post by TheMysticalRanger » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Those parts are dialogues from the respective characters.

GOHAN: "I'm sorry, Dad... I failed to protect the Earth... I was supposed to save it and yet I was unable to stop Cell..."

CELL: "He he he, it's over. I'm going to put an end to this fight!!"
Thanks!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Image

What's Goku saying here? I know this was translated in the Strength Checker, but Steve Simmons' translation has Goku saying "Super Saiyan size" in the second balloon rather than just "Super Saiyan". Is that an accurate translation as well or was it just an addition from the producers of the Anime?
My guess is that the anime covers the exact manga dialogue and the "size" part was just infered from the context, since Goku implied that the huge muscles have disadvantages just before. Since it's implied that the big muscles are the reason you lose speed for something ultimately unbalanced, Steve Simmons probably deduced and specified that the regular Super Saiyan is better to keep it all balanced due to the size of the body. So he clearly talked about the regular Super Saiyan size being better to balance all statistics.

It's not wrong according to me, it's just specifying the implicit, saying "the regular form's size is better to keep your speed" rather than just "the regular form is better to keep your speed".

Otherwise, the dialogue simply goes:

GOKU (1): Besides, that form burns up way too much energy.
GOKU (2): When it comes to balance, the first stage of Super Saiyan is more advantageous.
GOKU (3): I'm certain of it now...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:42 am

Yo! May someone please translate this? I would like to know if there is anything I don't know yet. :)

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:35 pm

What’s being said in this entry from Daizenshuu 5?

Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm

What I'm about to ask for is only tangibly related to Dragon Ball, and is more of a reverse translation than anything else, but this still feels like my best place to hopefully get something accurate as an answer.

The long and short of it is this - I'm working on writing a novel, and in it there's a character who's very Freeza-like. Not in the "evil space emperor, conquering and blowing up worlds" kind of way, but more the "leader of an organization who's faux-polite attitude is only hiding their more sinister nature" sort of way. And the character is Japanese, and as such I have at least one line of dialogue planned for them in their native tongue. That's where I run into the issue and need a translation into Japanese for this line of dialogue, but I don't exactly trust Google Translate to give me something that's both serviceable and grammatically accurate, while also having the tone that Freeza would use.

So...yeah, that's basically it. At any rate, if anyone would be kind enough to oblige, this is what I need translated into Japanese would go something like this: "My my, if it isn't Vincent! Tell me, what did I do to deserve an unexpected visit from one such as yourself? Surely you didn't come all this way just for a drink."
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

nicrimo

Post by nicrimo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:23 am

Hello everyone. Can someone translate this little text about Goten please? :D

Zのウワサ・・・似た境遇のトランクスと仲良しだが何度対決しても負けてばかりだったとか?!

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:16 am

Can anyone translate this video from 0:00-0:45 and 04:13-05:11
https://youtu.be/JoKdHXc_V3o

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:46 am

Theres nothing we didnt already know and obvious things like "Goku needs to go golden oozaru in order to trasform in ssj4", "vegeta has shorter hair" and " the blutes waves made vegeta transform into a ssj4"

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 pm

So no info about the forms such as multiplier or requirements or anything?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:18 am

QuakingStar wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 pm So no info about the forms such as multiplier or requirements or anything?
Exactly. The only info about the multiplier is indirect and it's in gt perfect files.
Talking about baby vegeta's forms :
Base baby vegeta = ssj
Super baby = longer hair, similar to ssj2
Super baby 2 = longer hair than the previous, no eyebrows, similar to ssj3

So we kinda have oozaru baby = x80 base baby vegeta, and ssj4 being x100 ssj3 going by this

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:29 pm

Fearless wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:16 am Can anyone translate this video from 0:00-0:45 and 04:13-05:11
https://youtu.be/JoKdHXc_V3o
First part: Goku just explaining how he was able to come thanks to the Dai Kaiosama because it's a special day (end of the year). Chichi berates Goku for being late. Goku asks the audience to watch some clips from Z.

Second part: Goku just talking about how there were many strong fighters in the Other World, including Pikkon. Then Gohan says that the next year will start off with the 25th Budokai Tenkaichi, and how all the Z fighters will be participating. Goku tells the audience to look forward to it.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:51 pm

@p-hyvo GT Goku's Super Saiyan 3 was still somewhat weaker than Baby Vegeta's Super Saiyan... but this confuses me some.. how did you get the math for SS4 being 100X SS3 and such? I must be missing something

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed May 01, 2019 4:26 am

QuakingStar wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:51 pm @p-hyvo GT Goku's Super Saiyan 3 was still somewhat weaker than Baby Vegeta's Super Saiyan... but this confuses me some.. how did you get the math for SS4 being 100X SS3 and such? I must be missing something
Just replied your message and explained. Check inbox