The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:43 pm

We have plans to translate everything. We know of everything and keep track of everything.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:57 pm

emperior wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:32 pm And the site still doesn’t have the Broly’s anime comic interview by Toriyama. The one where he commented on how he liked the Goku’s warm up scene etcetera.
It would be super helpful.
Alright, since I have the anime comics in my hand right now, I'll translate it for you so that you know where to check it until the site gets to it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:37 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:57 pm
emperior wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:32 pm And the site still doesn’t have the Broly’s anime comic interview by Toriyama. The one where he commented on how he liked the Goku’s warm up scene etcetera.
It would be super helpful.
Alright, since I have the anime comics in my hand right now, I'll translate it for you so that you know where to check it until the site gets to it.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your effort a lot. I remember reading that Toriyama praised the warm-up scene but I had no idea he also praised that nostrils scene.

I also totally forgot how once again he reiterated that Goku doesn’t really care about his children. And this also confirms that Bardock indeed had some affection for Goku and that this is very rare for a Saiyan. Not that it wasn’t obvious by the story.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Locutus

Post by Locutus » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello, this isn't so much asking for a translation but I feel this is still appropriate. Where can one find the translations for the Daizenshuu 6 that was hosted on Kanzentai back in the day? I want it because of how several movies used to be labeled being in a different dimension, while others such as Bojack are actually said to have taken place in the anime. I can't find it anymore on the way back machine, would be great help lf someone can help.

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Can someone tell me what the black letters near Broli's name in a red box says? I see it has the number 3 and it made me curious.

Also what it says here next to Gohan's base and SSjin state.

Thanks.

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:32 am

Please guys help me with my post above

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:23 pm

DBZ Expert wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:29 pm Image

Can someone tell me what the black letters near Broli's name in a red box says? I see it has the number 3 and it made me curious.
It's probably way too late now that I see this, but the black letters say:
"Born the same day as Goku, he's one of the rare survivors of the Saiyan race. He seems calm and peaceful at first glance, but once he becomes a Super Saiyan, he shows an astonishing level of brutality!"

No idea why the "3" appears in the Japanese text, close to the Sûper Saiyan mention, but it might be part of an expression or it is simply a piece of info that had no need being translated.

I can't help you with the one from movie 10 because I don't have that volume in my house currently, it's still at my parents' houses in another region. So no way to check. And probably to late anyway, sorry I didn't see it all sooner!

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:46 pm

Does someone know if there is a translation of this? If not, could someone translate what's next to the designs or the sketch?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:55 pm

:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:53 pm

DBZ Expert wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:29 pm Image

Also what it says here next to Gohan's base and SSjin state.
The red text reads "the worthy carrier of Goku's legacy has grown up!" and the blue text reads "He can turn Super Saiyan just like his father".

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:51 pm

I'm aware that this is probably skirting the rules a little, but considering it has been six years since Volume 'F' was released and no official English translation of the screenplay has been published, perhaps it is time for that old Herms translation that had been floating around in 2015 to finally be made public?

(If not, then I ask anyone who has it to PM the screenplay.)

Locutus

Post by Locutus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:46 am

I have a question regarding Dabura describing Yakons power. He says with Yakons Kili level, he could destroy 1 or 2 planets. My question is, is this referring to a single attack destroying 1 or 2 planets? Or could it mean something like him having the power to destroy a planet 2x over or even a planet that is 2x bigger than Earth?

Seems really vague and was wondering if anyone has the OG text to give proper context.

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:33 pm

Translation?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:09 am

DBZ Expert wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:33 pm Translation?
What are you specifically looking to learn about and for what purpose?

Furthermore, these images are a combination of tiny, cropped, and/or unreadable. I'm sure we have the original source material, but you give us literally nothing to go on here. The more information you can give, the more someone may want to take their time to go out of their way to help you with these requests. As has been mentioned quite a few times in this thread, translating is not just a quick little thing that anyone can do, so providing as much context and appreciation as you can upfront will go a long way.

DBZ Expert
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ Expert » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Can someone tell me what it says below the image of Gohan?

Also does someone have the full length of this page?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:21 pm

DBZ Expert wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:57 pm Can someone tell me what it says below the image of Gohan?

Also does someone have the full length of this page?
I really have to question if you're reading the responses here. Again, this image is (very clearly) cut off in the area you're asking about, so no-one would be able to read/translate it in full. You don't provide any context at all as to what it is or why you're asking about it. These concerns have been addressed with regard to several of your requests, which you don't ever seem to respond to (so how much do you really care about these items, I wonder?).

Anyway, you're in luck: I happen to know where this one is from, because that's a photo I took. Funny how things get around.

It's from the February 1993 issue of V-Jump, which was the second issue in its second trial run. There's a four-page promo for DBZ movie 8 spanning pages 34-37. The movie was out that next month in March.

And, again, as always, I have to preface this by saying: there's generally nothing of any value in any of these random magazine statements. They're introducing characters to readers and catching them up to speed and trying to get them to go watch the film. So with that said, we learn:

He's the child of the Saiyan Goku and the Earthling Chi-Chi. He's a Super Saiyan now. His special move is the Masenko, which he got from Piccolo. He's still a boy, but he's a Z Warrior, and has a lot of potential.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:07 am

VegettoEX wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:21 pm I really have to question if you're reading the responses here. Again, this image is (very clearly) cut off in the area you're asking about, so no-one would be able to read/translate it in full. You don't provide any context at all as to what it is or why you're asking about it. These concerns have been addressed with regard to several of your requests, which you don't ever seem to respond to (so how much do you really care about these items, I wonder?).
This person used to be a member of an old Portuguese Dragon Ball forum and he has a peculiar interest in Broly stuff. His concerns are probably battle power related.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:25 am

Does anyone know if the latest super chapter that said Namekians come from another “realm” is exactly the same as the way demon “realm” is referred to? Or was Viz just being fancy with “another place” because the implication varies a lot
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:04 am

TobyS wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:25 am Does anyone know if the latest super chapter that said Namekians come from another “realm” is exactly the same as the way demon “realm” is referred to? Or was Viz just being fancy with “another place” because the implication varies a lot
Herms has talked about this one on Twitter, here.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Harmozel

Post by Harmozel » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:59 pm

Howdy y'all,

Now, I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to request this, but since there is no official Japanese script of the Dragon Ball movies. Can anyone here possibly help me transcript a few lines by ear? Right now I only have one line from the Japanese side of the internet. I can post the timestamps for the scenes if that's alright.