The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:28 am

After seeing that scan of Super 17 with 16 absorbed, I'm just calling him Super Beefcake. Also Herms, any translation on that SSJ3 Broly scan I uploaded would be greatly appreciated. It may possibly say how he got it or something.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
Gonstead
I Live Here
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Gonstead » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:37 am

Sorry to ask this again but could somebody please translate the text on these two Goku toy images?

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9523 ... okusl3.jpg

and

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/445 ... 414721.jpg

Thanks!
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

User avatar
Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Oregon, United States

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Could I have this translated? (I apologize if this was posted before.)

Image
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

User avatar
valfranx
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by valfranx » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Could I have this translated? (I apologize if this was posted before.)

http://i44.tinypic.com/u0x9w.jpg
already been posted, says that 1 kili = 50 000 bp.

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Goku had a reading of 3,000 kili, so at Super Saiyan shouldent he be at 150 million? 3,000 X 50,000 is 150 million right?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 pm

valfranx wrote:
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Could I have this translated? (I apologize if this was posted before.)

http://i44.tinypic.com/u0x9w.jpg
already been posted, says that 1 kili = 50 000 bp.
Well, given Goku's battle power of 150 million as a Super Saiyan in the Freeza arc, divided by his 3000 kiri rating in the Buu arc. That seems pretty tenuous at best, given the implicit assumption that he hasn't improved at all since then.

But far more importantly, it seems that Lunch's final manga appearance was in an end-of-year short published in the same issue as chapters 305 and 306. Will have to make a note of this for the next time I meet up with Peking Duck....
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10309
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
valfranx wrote:
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Could I have this translated? (I apologize if this was posted before.)

http://i44.tinypic.com/u0x9w.jpg
already been posted, says that 1 kili = 50 000 bp.
Well, given Goku's battle power of 150 million as a Super Saiyan in the Freeza arc, divided by his 3000 kiri rating in the Buu arc. That seems pretty tenuous at best, given the implicit assumption that he hasn't improved at all since then.

But far more importantly, it seems that Lunch's final manga appearance was in an end-of-year short published in the same issue as chapters 305 and 306. Will have to make a note of this for the next time I meet up with Peking Duck....
Does the Q & A on the right have anything interesting in it?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:25 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:But far more importantly, it seems that Lunch's final manga appearance was in an end-of-year short published in the same issue as chapters 305 and 306. Will have to make a note of this for the next time I meet up with Peking Duck....
The Christmas short, correct?

Image
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:09 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:Well, given Goku's battle power of 150 million as a Super Saiyan in the Freeza arc, divided by his 3000 kiri rating in the Buu arc. That seems pretty tenuous at best, given the implicit assumption that he hasn't improved at all since then.

But far more importantly, it seems that Lunch's final manga appearance was in an end-of-year short published in the same issue as chapters 305 and 306. Will have to make a note of this for the next time I meet up with Peking Duck....
Does the Q & A on the right have anything interesting in it?
SaiyaJedi wrote:But far more importantly, it seems that Lunch's final manga appearance was in an end-of-year short published in the same issue as chapters 305 and 306. Will have to make a note of this for the next time I meet up with Peking Duck....
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10309
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:Well, given Goku's battle power of 150 million as a Super Saiyan in the Freeza arc, divided by his 3000 kiri rating in the Buu arc. That seems pretty tenuous at best, given the implicit assumption that he hasn't improved at all since then.

But far more importantly, it seems that Lunch's final manga appearance was in an end-of-year short published in the same issue as chapters 305 and 306. Will have to make a note of this for the next time I meet up with Peking Duck....
Does the Q & A on the right have anything interesting in it?
SaiyaJedi wrote:But far more importantly, it seems that Lunch's final manga appearance was in an end-of-year short published in the same issue as chapters 305 and 306. Will have to make a note of this for the next time I meet up with Peking Duck....
Oh, I thought that was what was said to the left of the pictures of Lunch. My bad. :oops:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:37 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Oh, I thought that was what was said to the left of the pictures of Lunch. My bad. :oops:
Oh, that? That's just explaining what the section is about. Apparently, the most common question they got was about characters' ages.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

User avatar
Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Oregon, United States

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:21 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Goku had a reading of 3,000 kili, so at Super Saiyan shouldent he be at 150 million? 3,000 X 50,000 is 150 million right?
And that 150 million is low. Seems to me that either when Babidi said 3,000 that it was Goku's base or maybe Goku was just suppressing his SSJ very low, mostly to create "light" when he fought Yakon? Because when Goku and Gohan mastered SSJ they could still be in that form at a calm/relaxed state. Goku was 150,000,000 during his fight with Frieza, so he was most likely not showing his full SSJ power in front of Yakon. The saiyans are easily into the billions by the Cell Games. Even at 30,000 kilis, this measurement is far too low for Goku.

Could also be that the 1 Kili > 50,000 PL measurement is just flat out wrong as well. :?:
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

User avatar
Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Kakarot88 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:43 pm

what is this? If it has not already been translated would anybody mind explaining what it says about Bulma in the Turtle Hermit gi...thanks!
Image
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

User avatar
JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by JeffJarrett » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:56 pm

I think that's how the different Dragon Ball characters want to see Bulma: Launch wants to see her with weapons, Battle Suit for Dr. Brief, Turtle Shell for Turtle, Schoolgirl for Puar, wedding dress for Yamcha, Turtle School uniform for Goku, and Rabbit Costume for Roshi. Where is it from?

User avatar
Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Kakarot88 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:36 pm

JeffJarrett wrote:I think that's how the different Dragon Ball characters want to see Bulma: Launch wants to see her with weapons, Battle Suit for Dr. Brief, Turtle Shell for Turtle, Schoolgirl for Puar, wedding dress for Yamcha, Turtle School uniform for Goku, and Rabbit Costume for Roshi. Where is it from?
I was thinking along those same line. I have no idea where it is from I just happened across it on the interwebs.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 pm

It's from the Dragon Ball Adventure Special guidebook.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
valfranx
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by valfranx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 pm

gohan fpssj in buu saga?

Image

gotenks ssj2?

Image

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 am

Where exactly do these pages come from? I actually own these.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

User avatar
Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus
Posts: 10550
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Jupiter
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Herms » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 am

valfranx wrote:gohan fpssj in buu saga?

gotenks ssj2?
Those scans don't specify.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Where exactly do these pages come from? I actually own these.
Daizenshuu 5.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

User avatar
TheMightyOzaru
Banned
Posts: 6255
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Capsule Corp

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Sweet! I own some D5 pages :mrgreen: .
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Post Reply