The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by JeffJarrett » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:13 am

What's the relation between Goku and Turles, and between King Vegeta and Paragus?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:40 am

JeffJarrett wrote:What's the relation between Goku and Tullece, and between King Vegeta and Paragus?
Low power Saiyans would often look similar in appearance to each other. Tullece just got stronger through eating the fruit. That and he looks like Goku because he was essentially written as a what if Goku never bumped his head as a baby.

Paragus was just a Saiyan under King Vegeta. Just a subject and king relationship.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:15 pm

JeffJarrett wrote:What's the relation between Goku and Tullece, and between King Vegeta and Paragus?
Goku and Tullece are enemies; Paragus is King Vegeta's subordinate.

The color code for the relationship arrows (as given in the lower right of the page) is as follows:
Blue: parent and child
Orange: siblings
Pink: allies
Purple: enemies
Green: subordinate

I suppose it's notable that Toma and co. are color coded as Bardock's allies, rather than his subordinates. Fans naturally think of Bardock as the leader of that group, but as I realized when comparing the Japanese and Funi dub versions of the Bardock special, in the Japanese version there's really nothing to indicate that Bardock outranks the others in any way. He doesn't even know the reason why the group is sent to attack Kanassa (whereas Toma does), and when he's injured the others think nothing of moving on to Planet Meat without him.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:27 pm

What does Goku say here?

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

Can someone translate me the tree of might to English?

(link removed by administrator)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am

Kakashi wrote:Can someone translate me the tree of might to English?

What?! This is what you were trying to get...?!

Beyond the fact that linking to this type of material is firmly against the community rules (which you agreed to twice prior to registration), this movie has been legally and constantly available in English since 1998 on VHS and DVD multiple times over with incredibly competent translations.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:27 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Kakashi wrote:Can someone translate me the tree of might to English?

What?! This is what you were trying to get...?!

Beyond the fact that linking to this type of material is firmly against the community rules (which you agreed to twice prior to registration), this movie has been legally and constantly available in English since 1998 on VHS and DVD multiple times over with incredibly competent translations.
I am asking for an exact translation and not dub errors

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:29 am

What dub errors does the Tree of Might have? The only one I'm aware of was the remastered version where Goku says Kaioken x20 as opposed to Kaioken x10.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 am

Kakashi wrote:I am asking for an exact translation and not dub errors
OK, but I'm not talking about an English dub. It's been officially released in Japanese with English subtitles since 1998. Buy the movie if you want to see it.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:34 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:What dub errors does the Tree of Might have? The only one I'm aware of was the remastered version where Goku says Kaioken x20 as opposed to Kaioken x10.
The Funimation dub made a terrible dub, none of the power levels are even mentioned in the movie

VEGETTOX: I don't know where to get it which is why I aam asking if any of you have the quotes for it

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am

Kakashi wrote:VEGETTOX: I don't know where to get it which is why I aam asking if any of you have the quotes for it
Again, it's been available since 1998 on VHS and DVD. There are multiple releases of it. If you did even the tiniest search for "Tree of Might" on any site that sells FUNimation's releases of the series and movies, you would find it.

This discussion is over. Moving on to other requests.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Kakashi wrote:The Funimation dub made a terrible dub, none of the power levels are even mentioned in the movie

VEGETTOX: I don't know where to get it which is why I aam asking if any of you have the quotes for it
Do you just want a properly translated version of the movie in English? If you own the movie on DVD from Funimation then go to set up, set the voices to Japanese and turn on English subtitles, the subtitles are translated from the Japanese audio and have nothing to do with the dub.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:30 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Kakashi wrote:The Funimation dub made a terrible dub, none of the power levels are even mentioned in the movie

Do you just want a properly translated version of the movie in English? If you own the movie on DVD from Funimation then go to set up, set the voices to Japanese and turn on English subtitles, the subtitles are translated from the Japanese audio and have nothing to do with the dub.
How can I do it?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Kakashi wrote:How can I do it?
You're clearly not reading. Either that, or your grasp of the English language is not at a high enough level to understand.

Every single DVD release of the movie from FUNimation since 1998 has included the original Japanese version. There are English subtitles that accompany the movie. They are properly translated, and have absolutely nothing to do with the English dub.

Put in the DVD. Switch it to Japanese. The end.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
You're clearly not reading. Either that, or your grasp of the English language is not at a high enough level to understand.

Every single DVD release of the movie from FUNimation since 1998 has included the original Japanese version. There are English subtitles that accompany the movie. They are properly translated, and have absolutely nothing to do with the English dub.

But I don't have a disk to put in the DVD, I need to buy the movie, no?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Kakashi wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:

But I don't have a disk to put in the DVD, I need to buy the movie, no?
Yes, purchasing the DVD would assist you in the process of physically putting it into a DVD player.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 am

kuartus4 wrote:What does Goku say here?
"This... this is bad...!! H-he turned back........!!"

Why on Earth did you want a translation of this?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Adamant wrote:
kuartus4 wrote:What does Goku say here?
"This... this is bad...!! H-he turned back........!!"

Why on Earth did you want a translation of this?
I wanted to see if it was similar to what Goku said to buu when he reverted to piccolo buu.

Chapter: 502 (DBZ 308), P10.4-5
Goku: “Hahha—ah! Piccolo’s coming out strong now! Looks like the Fused squirts have returned to normal! You ran out of time!

I was thinking maybe goku was reffering to gotenks returning to base inside buu. Which is why I wanted to know what goku said when gotenks returned to base vs super buu. Does he use similar wording to what he said here:

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:57 pm

kuartus4 wrote: Does he use similar wording to what he said here:
Not quite - in that instance, he says "moto ni modoru" (="turn back to mormal"), while in the first one he just says "modoru" (="turn back") and adds the "yagaru" suffix that makes the line more negatively laden (since he's not exactly happy that they turned back that first time).
kuartus4 wrote:I was thinking maybe goku was reffering to gotenks returning to base inside buu.
He says "the fused squirts have returned to normal". He never referred to Gotenks as two people.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Adamant wrote:
kuartus4 wrote: Does he use similar wording to what he said here:
Not quite - in that instance, he says "moto ni modoru" (="turn back to mormal"), while in the first one he just says "modoru" (="turn back") and adds the "yagaru" suffix that makes the line more negatively laden (since he's not exactly happy that they turned back that first time).
OK, so in the first instance goku says, " turned back"

And the second one he says, " turned back to normal"

OK, I just wanted to make sure. It seems that in both instances he could be referring to gotenks reverting to base from ssj3. I was just wondering because Herms said this in his note:

Goku: “Hahha—ah! Piccolo’s coming out strong now! Looks like the Fused squirts have returned to normal! You ran out of time! Tooo—oo bad! Your power’s fallen a whole lot. Cheh…I’m a little disappointed. This way, Gohan will be able to beat you even on his own…”
Note: presumably be saying that "the Fused squirts have returned to normal", Goku means that Gotenks has split back up into Goten and Trunks, not merely that Gotenks' reverted from Super Saiyan 3 to regular Gotenks. At the very least, Goten and Trunks are separate by the time Goku and Vegeta find them inside of Boo.

Herms thinks goku is reffering to gotenks defusing, not reverting to base.

Edit:

How does goku refer to gotenks here at the top of the page?

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dr ... -wMdLJ.jpg

Gotenks is still fused there.