The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:11 am

From the Shintani interview from the Broly movie's theatrical program, he stated that:
The only designs I received were up to him wearing his armor, and it gave off a very different impression than the Broli of the past.
The way it's worded is a bit ambiguous. Could anyone who has the program, or access to the japanese text, clarify if he means that the designs he received included Broly with armor? Assuming that this is made more clear in japanese, that is.

xm0c

Post by xm0c » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:07 pm

If at all possible, I would really like to know what the 2 questions being asked on the upper left hand side of the page are.

Q1 I have no idea, but Q2 I think is a poll of who fans wanted on Team Universe 7. From what I can make out, they are Yamcha, either Future or Kid Trunks, Majin Buu, Cell, Mr. Satan, Mercenary Tao, Goten, Yajirobe, Grandpa Gohan, and Pikkon.

Awesome_Gotenks

Post by Awesome_Gotenks » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:59 am

What does Merus say when Mr. Boo unlocks Dai Kaioshin's power in Chapter (I think) 47?

A Japanese translator I contacted beforehand told me his statement went like this:

[*]"It appears the memories triggered some sort of hidden power inside Boo"

Is that accurate?
Super Gotenks is Born | SSjin3 Gotenks > Super Boo | SSjin Gotenks Pre > SSjin3 Goku

Base Gotenks(Pre) = SSjin2 Tier
Base Gotenks(Post) > SSjin Gotenks(Pre)
SSjin2 Gotenks > SSjin Gogeta
SSjin3 Gotenks >>> SSjin2 Gogeta

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:11 am From the Shintani interview from the Broly movie's theatrical program, he stated that:
The only designs I received were up to him wearing his armor, and it gave off a very different impression than the Broli of the past.
The way it's worded is a bit ambiguous. Could anyone who has the program, or access to the japanese text, clarify if he means that the designs he received included Broly with armor? Assuming that this is made more clear in japanese, that is.
I translated that one, so I can clarify. Yes, he did mean that Toriyama's designs included the one with armor, so it was just what came after that (Berserk Broli and such) that wasn't designed by Toriyama, but Shintani himself.

(sorry this is long after you made the request; I hadn't checked this thread in a long time!)
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:50 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:28 pm(sorry this is long after you made the request; I hadn't checked this thread in a long time!)
No problem, thanks for the clarification.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:30 am

Based on the way it is said, I rather assumed that Toriyama's designed included all of Broly's designs as long as he still has the armor.
He didn't do the one at the point where his armor has broken: the Full Power form.

This is why in Toyotaro's manga, we only see the maximum design given by Toriyma: Broly as a Super Saiyan.
So I think this statement rather means that Toriyama made all Brolys except the Full Power one (with Toriyama designing him as a normal Super Saiyan in appearance, just like he did Kale pretty normal, and Shintani saying "but I still wanted his iconic form from the first movie being featured so I designed it myself for the end of the battle").

So you should rather consider that even the Super Saiyan form of Broly is by Toriyama if you ask me. That's what the sentence likely mean; "up to the designs that still include the armor".

J. Williams

Post by J. Williams » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:13 pm

Can someone translate the lowest panel left?

https://mega.nz/#F!cLYUlZ4Y!GyDjAu1u3Vd ... A!pKhzVRZC

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:09 pm

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:48 pm

It's extremely unlikely that anyone is going to give you a full translation of multiple pages of Final Bout coverage across multiple issues of V-Jump (some of which is just ads) without you asking any kind of question about them, providing a reason why you're asking, saying which parts you're interested in, etc.

Y'all can't just dump massive archives with zero context and expect something!

(I have all of these issues in the archive, and some day we'll do something with them. I always like sharing the fact that this is where the import gaming ads in American magazines sourced their screenshots.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:35 am

Could anyone inform me of what’s stated in this scan, and where does it come from?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:13 pm

I noticed that DBGT Perfect Files 2 translations on Vegeta and Super Saiyan 4 are not on here.. do any of you have them?? I want to know what it says for Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta in the volume 2..

SSJGAffleck
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGAffleck » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:25 am

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked but I was rewatching GT and was wondering if there was ever clarification on the pun for Goten's date's name in the show. Is it Paris or Palace, like I know it's Paresu, but that could be either.
"Your father was an average fighter, but a bRiLlIaNt sCiEnTIsT!"- Brian Drummond's pitch-perfect voice

München X Cisf

Post by München X Cisf » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Was stated that SSJ Goku is powerful than Hyper Rildo in GT? What are GT Perfect files saying?

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Anyone who owns or has any access to the original Daizenshuu 2 can give me insight on this entry?:
Sounds worded pretty poorly. Is it really this ambiguous or was the translation sloppy?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:19 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:11 pm Anyone who owns or has any access to the original Daizenshuu 2 can give me insight on this entry?:
Sounds worded pretty poorly. Is it really this ambiguous or was the translation sloppy?
最強同士にしかわからない、悟空の気持ち。
The wording in the translation isn't great, but it's not really any more ambiguous than the original wording, no.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:40 am

Can someone translate me this Pic?

https://images.app.goo.gl/Fkc56QnXzCaeVuw39

Thanks. I really what to know what's written on here in detail

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:32 pm

herms translated this on twitter, if you look at his tweet history you should find it

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:15 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:32 pm herms translated this on twitter, if you look at his tweet history you should find it
I don't use Twitter

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm

I do use Twitter, and it's absolutely insane to suggest someone just blindly scroll through a user's endless stream of posts hoping to find what they're looking for.

Luckily, I was part of the ongoing conversation about this piece, so I knew where to look.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1156803300940845056

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1157314954350878720

Long story short, we don't actually know where that image comes from. We own A LOT of Dragon Ball stuff, and everything that it's said to supposedly be from... well, we own, we looked at, and it's not there. It's not in the theatrical book, it's not in the anime comic, it's not in the Weekly Jump people say it's from, and so on and so forth.

Maybe it's real and maybe it really does say what it says. We can't independently confirm that, though.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:43 am

There's nothing like a complete translation of It around?