How can Broly remember since he was a baby?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

How can Broly remember since he was a baby?

Post by Z-Dragon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:56 am

How can Broly still remember that Goku’s cry made him cry ever since he was a baby when he was next left to Goku? That make no sense to me. I mean, the babies doesn’t remember until they grow up to be kids who learn to how to remember. Is that Broly’s father told him about his name, Kakarrot (Goku) who made him cry or not?

cpd12589
Beyond Newbie

Re: How can Broly remember since he was a baby?

Post by cpd12589 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:03 am

lol Good point but Saiyans do so many other crazy things remembering something that truly pissed him off isn't totally crazy to me.

But I know what you mean. Maybe Broly just had like a 6th sense about Goku. I mean his power level was 10,000 at birth so maybe he could sense Kakarot? Idk just trying to come up with something :/

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 am

Well Raditz says that Saiyan babies are supposed to remember their mission to conquer the planet they are sent to, so maybe Saiyan babies have really good memories?

cpd12589
Beyond Newbie

Post by cpd12589 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:56 am

Yeah maybe idk. I kinda thought their ship may have reminded them of their missions though. Like when Goku's ship projected that fake moon and said something about his mission.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:53 am

I don't see why he couldn't remember. I remember stuff from when I was just a baby.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:56 am

Maybe he doesn't remember, but the incident makes him instinctively hate Goku.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:57 am

cpd12589 wrote:Yeah maybe idk. I kinda thought their ship may have reminded them of their missions though. Like when Goku's ship projected that fake moon and said something about his mission.
But that was anime filler, which creates a plothole, since Goku's spaceship was completely destroyed, but Bulma's father found it intact.

Super Vegito
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Vegito » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Saiyans remember everything from the moment of birth. This also explains how Goku was given orders to whipe out Earth, when he was only a baby, but lost his memory due to hitting his head.

Otherwise, it would have been useless to send Goku as a baby there, if he couldn't remember who he really was and his mission.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Herms wrote:Maybe he doesn't remember, but the incident makes him instinctively hate Goku.
That's actually what I always thought it was. I never figured he just remembered him. Something about Saiyans being born on the same day... something like that... :?

roidrage
Beyond Newbie

Post by roidrage » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Maybe it left some kind of subconscious imprint. I actually feel a little sorry for Broli, because he seems more insane and out of control than consciously "evil".
SAD 4 U

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:45 pm

roidrage wrote:Maybe it left some kind of subconscious imprint. I actually feel a little sorry for Broli, because he seems more insane and out of control than consciously "evil".
Thank you. I've been saying that for ages. He's not really evil, he's traumatized and driven insane by his own insane father.

This is just my vision of it, but if you take his power, his clothing, the whole of the Legendary Super Saiyan mith amongst the Saiyan race and the fact that it's been stated in a Daizenshuu that the Legendary Super Saiyan pretty much acts as a Kami of sorts, take away his insanity and traumas and BLAMO, you got a the true Legendary Super Saiyan, the Saiyan Messiah, the Planet Saiya's Kami, and quite possibly the true person who was supposed to defeat Freeza and lead the Saiyan race to a prospering new era of conquering planets, pillaging, rape and eating random aliens. This is just my vision of it.

Zarathustra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zarathustra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 pm

I never believed he actually remembered it, but it was a traumatising incident that led him to hate Goku by instinct.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 pm

I think I should put it into my signature:
Why do people tend to think about Sayians like a stronger humans with tails?

Goku is expected to "remember" his mission. Brolly remembers his infancy. Kid Vegeta is told to be 5, but he behaves and is treated as an adult. Gohan is able to survive alone, even if he was raised as regular child. Maybe genes, maybe culture, but it forms clear pattern: Sayians don't grow like humans. "Shortening" of childhood and young age suits warriors very well.

BTW have you noticed that their navels are already formed right after birth?
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:50 am

Goku is expected to "remember" his mission.
I am not sure if that is the case. I would say he was expected to accomplish his mission by killing all humans.
Gohan is able to survive alone, even if he was raised as regular child.
He got super powers. :P At the beggining, he does acts as a regular child. He only began to survive alone after he began to gain control of his strength.
Brolly remembers his infancy.
I never liked that idea from the 8th movie. How lame can it be, Broly hates Goku because he couldn't sleep at night as Goku cries, seriously? :P

Perhaps Vegeta killed Zarbon & Dodoria because they stole candy from him at school when they were 5

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:29 am

It's lame, but it suits other situations that clearly shows that their physic is sightly different than ours. And I must say that Vegeta had really better reasons to act that way.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:13 am

Also, Raditz expected Goku to remember him, even though he was dispatched to Earth as a baby. I guess Saiyans just have good memories, even at birth.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 pm

This may be my memory that is failing me, but if Broly's memory of Goku is subconscious, how does he know that Goku's name is Kakarrot? Or did they introduce Goku with his Saiya-jin name?

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:10 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
cpd12589 wrote:Yeah maybe idk. I kinda thought their ship may have reminded them of their missions though. Like when Goku's ship projected that fake moon and said something about his mission.
But that was anime filler, which creates a plothole, since Goku's spaceship was completely destroyed, but Bulma's father found it intact.
That is not a plothole. They specifically patched that up by having Dr. Brief say that he found the spaceship in pieces, but was able to salvage enough to create a new one.

In fact, that line even made it into Kai, despite Kai not having the aforementioned filler...
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Puto wrote:That is not a plothole. They specifically patched that up by having Dr. Brief say that he found the spaceship in pieces, but was able to salvage enough to create a new one.

In fact, that line even made it into Kai, despite Kai not having the aforementioned filler...
In the manga too Goku notes that Dr. Brief fixed and restructured his ship. Presumably it needed fixing simply by virtue of having sat around for decades.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:28 pm

I'd go with the idea that Broly instinctively/subconsciously hates Goku. He learns Goku's name when Vegeta addresses him as Kakarot... by the time Goku explains to him that "Goku" is his real name, he wasn't listening anymore :P
It's all GOOD