Fanon Backstories

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Fanon Backstories

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:23 am

Does anyone have their own personal fanon backstories for characters that weren't otherwise given in the manga or guidebooks? I'll start off.

The child of Katatz adopted the name "Piccolo". This is based on, most specifically, Suupaa Gohan 2's post in this thread. I also think that his parent used "Piccolo" as the password for his ship because it means "another world", and he was travelling to another world.

Additionally, I think that Tsuru-sennin trained Taopaipai. Daizenshuu 7 says that Tsuru-sennin trained assassins and Taopaipai, his younger brother, knew the Dodonpa of the Tsuru-sen School.

For some reason, I've always thought that Tenshinhan and Chaozu were sort of raised to be assassins, rather than actively seeking to become ones.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanon Backstories

Post by Booney » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am

I wrote a bit of a backstory for Kuririn once.
It told about his time in the Oorin Temple and the reasons why he left and such.
And a bit about his training for the androids too.

I used an OC for it that was Kuririns brother, oh the time I spent making it all fit in the timeline and thinking about reasons why he is never mentioned!
But it worked out in the end.
[url=http://superbooney.deviantart.com/]My DeviantART[/url]

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:27 pm

I once thought about the backstory of the Saiyajin ,nothing deep though.I figured that they were space pirates once and then landed on Planet Plant and soehow forgot how to use the technolog they previously used (And all of this is implied in the anime anyway so its not really "my story" but rather me putting the pieces together)

I also once thought about the backround of Bibidi,Babidi and Boo.About how Bibidi created Boo (It was stated that he didnt create him on purpose) and how he got the idea to use him to conquer the universe.

I also once had a dream about how Lunch got her split-personality.I dont remember many detais but it was kinda like this: Lunch originaly was more like her good form, kind,innocent and whatnot.But because of her nature she was easily manipulated and useds by the people around her.She never showed it but deeply inside of her she longed to be stronger.One day trough a traumatic event (I cant remember what it was) her feelings reched their peak and minfested themselves as Lunch´s "bad form".Yeah something along those lines.
-凯

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:03 pm

I didn't know about Tien and Chiaotzu, so I assumpted Tien was on a long training journey when he met and resqued the little emperor Chiaotzu, who then swore loyalty to Tien by traveling with him.

That Tien learned kikoho and all that stuff by just training with his third eye.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Ahiru77 wrote: the little emperor Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu isnt an emperor
-凯

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 am

I have one about the Namekians before that storm ravaged their planet.
It was about them being a highly developed race, who was known throughout the universe for their high battle powers and magical abilities.

It involved female Namekians and the reason, why Dende didn't know, what a female is, is because Saichoro -the only survivor kept it a secret, that there once were Female Namekians. He did this, because if they knew too much of their back story, they wouldn't focus on developing their planet and would just abuse the Dragonballs or something like that.

But why does Namekians lay eggs then?
My explanation for that was, that being so highly developed and magical in nature as them, they sooner or later learned the ability to reproduce without the contribution of the other sex, but doing it greatly lessened their lifespan, so it wasn't used that much, only when wanting your kid to have a specific gender, since Male Namekians can only give birth to male Namekians, while Female ones can only give birth to female ones.

That's why Namek is populated by men only, since Saichoro - the only one left happens to be a male Namekian. And after having laid so many eggs, Saichoro's lifespan greatly lessened and he became a giant blob, due to using up all one's energy on laying eggs, makes you explode from the inside, just like Piccolo Daimao did after he created his offspring.

So if Saichoro had laid another egg, he would've exploded, probably taking the planet with him...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:02 am

I've thought that Launch's two forms were the result of some kind of Ranma½-esque type of curse (only different because she has two individual personalities too.)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:12 am

kaialone wrote:
Ahiru77 wrote: the little emperor Chiaotzu
Chiaotzu isnt an emperor

He is in DB movie 3, Mystical Adventure.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 am

I've thought of a backstory for Kami/Piccolo that I'm working on

In the story, Katas and his son are out exploring planets when they come across an evil sorcerer that puts a demon inside his son. The demon only manifests itself inside of him though at night time, during the day he is fine. Katas cant stand to see his son tortured by the demon anymore so he steals the dragon balls and wishes planet Nameks moon away, therefore getting rid of nighttime so the demon inside his son would never haunt him. But this causes the drought/natural disaster referenced in the series. The Namekians consider this act, without even telling them, a crime against their people so they plan to imprison Katas and his family, but Katas sends his son away on the ship so he doesnt have to live his childhood in prison, and thats how he got on earth.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:58 am

violadude wrote:I've thought of a backstory for Kami/Piccolo that I'm working on

In the story, Katas and his son are out exploring planets when they come across an evil sorcerer that puts a demon inside his son. The demon only manifests itself inside of him though at night time, during the day he is fine. Katas cant stand to see his son tortured by the demon anymore so he steals the dragon balls and wishes planet Nameks moon away, therefore getting rid of nighttime so the demon inside his son would never haunt him. But this causes the drought/natural disaster referenced in the series. The Namekians consider this act, without even telling them, a crime against their people so they plan to imprison Katas and his family, but Katas sends his son away on the ship so he doesnt have to live his childhood in prison, and thats how he got on earth.
Sooooo disregarding the fact that just having a moon doesn't make a planet have a night period, how does wishing away the moon stop Namek from having night when they have three suns to begin with?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:59 am

Whos to say they always had three suns?

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 am

violadude wrote:Whos to say they always had three suns?
Suns dont appear out of thin air you know (Wait actually they kinda do,but they're also meade from metal ....its been a long time since we had that topic in physics... Anyway ,I'm pretty certain they dont just "appear"
-凯

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:35 am

So..... It's the Dragon World, not real life. I'm pretty sure 80% of what happens in Dragon Ball doesn't happen in real life....

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:01 pm

violadude wrote:I've thought of a backstory for Kami/Piccolo that I'm working on

The main issue with this is that it's said to be humans that made Katattsu's son evil, as opposed to something else. And furthermore, getting rid of a moon probably wouldn't disrupt day and night cycles, but rather just eclipses if I haven't flunked my astronomy class. However, it should cause a lot of other chaos and disorder with a planet, particularly with the weather system, since without a large moon that's close by, the main force of gravity acting on the Earth would be the sun.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Yes, well I didnt explain my whole story, I was going to keep the son and father on Namek for a month or two before he sends the son off, therefore giving the demon spirit to reside within him and not come out, but I was going to have humans play a role in bringing it back to the forefront of his mind.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:15 am

Ehehehehe. Oby-kayby...

- Bibidi is from Makai.
- Back in the day, getting from Makai into... ur... uchuu...kai...? was kinda tough and not very practical. Maybe there'd ben trouble with demons, and so the Kaioshin decided to make a big deal about separating the realms.
- Buu broke that to pieces (we see Buu do something like this when he escapes the RoSaT, which may in fact be a special place in Makai, even). So Buu at max power + Bibidi = tearing holes in space. Enabling the seige on Kaioshinkai.
- There were four planets close to the center of the universe, where the four regions meet. Buu wiped out two of these. The first was completely gone--noone escaped. However, a few survivers escaped from the second. The third had it a little worse, but put up a decent resistance. So all three of these planets' refugees wound up on one planet, and Bibidi called Buu away before he could wipe out the fourth.
- The first planet... I think the Daizenshuu calls it Alpha? Or is that the planet that Buu destroys in search of Goku and Vegeta?
- The other planets were the planet of the three-eyed tribe (destroyed), Bojak's people (destroyed), and Freeza's race (refugee center).
- Oh, and when Buu entered the universe, it pulled Makyousei out of Makai and sent it flying through the universe.
- Bojak eventually got pissed and began to attack, and actually screwed up the path of Freeza's planet and sent it flying through space. The Three-eyeds banded together to create enough of an artificial heat-source to keep some people alive until they could do something more permanent. (AKA, Taiyouken)
- The Three-eyeds kind of become secret spiritual advisers to Freeza's family. Secret, because Freeza doesn't want people thinking he's supersticious. So they become the butts of jokes throughout the universe.
- I'd imagine Tenshinhan is descended of a refugee that didn't hang out on Freeza's planet.
- I also imagine that a prior Kami had three eyes, maybe the predecessor of the Kami we know, I dunno.
- I remember having some bizarre idea involving a DB equivalent of Buddha and Jesus, but I don't remember what that was about.
- Bah, forget Garlic creating the deadzone; it's that empty space in Makai where Makyousei used to be! And he's just creating a portal!
- Pilaf is actually related to Garlic Jr. Garlic Jr was doing his own thing and ignoring what Dabura wanted him to do, so Dabura had Shura have Pilaf release Piccolo. Turns out that Pilaf was doing his own thing, too, and didn't know what it was all about.
- The guy that wished to be king was one of Chaozu's ancestors, and there was a mess involving the demon clan and Tsuru-Sen'nin that led to the downfall of that empire.

... Hmm. I wonder if I forgot anything... XD
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 am

I like to think Choutzu is a brand of Chinese vampire in species.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:I like to think Choutzu is a brand of Chinese vampire in species.
Me too :D
-凯

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Jheese and Sauzer come from a Planet where everyone has accents. Iv always wondered if someone at Funimation knew about the whole Jheese and Sauzer coming from the same Galaxy thing.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:37 pm

I think Tenshinhan and Chaozu spent their childhood training under Tsuru Sennin and Tao Pai Pai and that Tsuru sennin was harsher than Kame Sennin.

As for Yamcha, one word: Elsewhere

http://www.rmkworld.net/ELSEWHERE/elsewhere.htm
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka