Majin Buu in Mirai Trunks Era

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Majin Buu in Mirai Trunks Era

Post by Avenged » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:59 am

Questioned theory: Why didn't Majin Buu make an appearance in Mirai Trunks' timeline?

By the time Trunks traveled back to the "present" time to warn everyone about the Androids, he should have known about Babidi's plan to resurrect Buu since he was only a mere child in the main timeline when those events took place. Yes, it is given that none of the Z senshi survived in his timeline during the Android era other than Gohan. It is also given that him going back in time altered many events which in turn could have led up to Majin Buu's return.

So, Babidi needed the power of a "SSJ" to bring him back, but wouldn't Trunks battling the Androids and Cell in his timeline suffice? Trunks didn't even have the slightest clue of his existence. True, at that point a World's Martial Arts Tournament most likely would not have taken place since the Androids pretty much destroyed humanity. But you'd think Babidi would find another solution.

Any theories? Could it just be another obvious plothole?
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Majin Buu in Mirai Trunks Era

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:59 am

Babidi probably assumed there wasn't enough life there, so didn't really bother.

He may have grabbed Buu up and gone to another planet, leaving Buu to reach Earth at a later date.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:00 am

The official answer from Daizenshuu 7 is that there wasn't a sufficient amount of energy to revive Boo on Earth (after all, the population of Earth is only in the tens of thousands at that point), so Babidi took Boo elsewhere.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:02 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:The official answer from Daizenshuu 7 is that there wasn't a sufficient amount of energy to revive Boo on Earth (after all, the population of Earth is only in the tens of thousands at that point), so Babidi took Boo elsewhere.
:lol: Well.... good guess on my part.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Avenged wrote:Questioned theory: Why didn't Majin Buu make an appearance in Mirai Trunks' timeline?
Cause Toriyama. :mrgreen:

GamingBuddha
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GamingBuddha » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:25 pm

There was a what-if Shin Budokai game about this.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:14 pm

GamingBuddha wrote:There was a what-if Shin Budokai game about this.
Let's stick with the Daizenshuu on this one. The storyline for that game was.... :roll:
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:23 pm

GamingBuddha wrote:There was a what-if Shin Budokai game about this.
Hahaha....No

I guess the somplest answer is that Toriyama just hadnt thought of the Boo Saga yet,and just take the Daizenshuu explaination
-凯

Dabooyaka
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dabooyaka » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm

In universe answer would be that there was barely any life left on earth, hence no energy for Majin Boo.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:The official answer from Daizenshuu 7 is that there wasn't a sufficient amount of energy to revive Boo on Earth (after all, the population of Earth is only in the tens of thousands at that point), so Babidi took Boo elsewhere.
Is this really stated?
If Buu was taken elsewhere, he would awake elsewhere, destroy planets and eventually reach Earth. This don't sound as a "definitive answer" for me.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

GamingBuddha
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GamingBuddha » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:58 pm

I guess the somplest answer is that Toriyama just hadnt thought of the Boo Saga yet,and just take the Daizenshuu explaination
Yeah, I agree with that; I was just stating that there was a game about it.
Last edited by GamingBuddha on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:29 am

It would seem strange for me that Babidi wouldn't at least try resurrecting Buu on Earth. Even by the time Trunks was a teenager, there were still many people living normal lives in cities, and probably many strong fighters, somewhere. The main events had Babidi randomly send his minions to the tournament without knowing how strong the fighters would be there. If the androids would be a thread, they wouldn't survive against Dabura.

In my opinion, reviving Buu would just take longer, and he can easily show up after the whole time travel events. And we could have Broli become a Majin. :)
酷签名

dylanmorgan17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dylanmorgan17 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 am

Wobbuffet wrote:
Is this really stated?
If Buu was taken elsewhere, he would awake elsewhere, destroy planets and eventually reach Earth. This don't sound as a "definitive answer" for me.
Well if it wasn't for Goku asking Buu, 'if your so much stronger than him (Babidi) then do you take orders from him?' then Buu would not have killed Babidi therefore the evil and good in Majin Buu would not separate. Remember that Goku is a naive enough character to ask these sorts of dumbe question in the face of dangerous oponants so maybe Goku's presense in that era was the first thing that caused Majin Buu to burst of control. Hence maybe Babidi could take more control of his naive and innocent nature in order to better execute his evil intentions.

Broli becomign a majin? No offence but I don't see the need to take non-cannon character that hardly fit cohearently on the timeline into consideration.
The Dante diet: Beer, Pizza and a strawberry Sunday.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:55 am

Wobbuffet wrote:Is this really stated?
Sure, he might eventually come back to Earth. What's the problem there...?

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Sure, he might eventually come back to Earth. What's the problem there...?
He would eventually fight Trunks, so that's not definitive.
If the Daizenshuu say Buu was taken somewhere else, that doesn't explain a thing.
It's like saying "this and this happened, but not in the same way, and we won't tell how it ended".
This is My Anime List.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:08 pm

For all we know, it could take Babidi a hundred years to collect all of the energy needed. Or it could take just as long to get back to Earth. Boo hadn't appeared by the time future Trunks was in his twenties, even though the present Trunks was only seven when it happened. All the Daizenshuu had to do was explain that delay.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Personally, I like to think Buu's ball is still technically on Earth in Future Trunks' timeline. I imagine that Babidi took the necessary precautions to get the ball on his ship, but didn't want to risk waking Buu by taking off. He'd then used magic to change the interior of the ship to an alternate planet from which he could gather energy (which takes substantially longer).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Just to be clear, Daizenshuu 7 only says that Boo wasn't revived in Trunks' and Cell's timelines because there was no longer anyone on Earth with large energy. It doesn't say anything about Babidi taking Boo's ball from Earth in those timelines.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Herms wrote:Just to be clear, Daizenshuu 7 only says that Boo wasn't revived in Trunks' and Cell's timelines because there was no longer anyone on Earth with large energy. It doesn't say anything about Babidi taking Boo's ball from Earth in those timelines.
That sounds better to me.
Thanks for the information!
This is My Anime List.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Herms wrote:Just to be clear, Daizenshuu 7 only says that Boo wasn't revived in Trunks' and Cell's timelines because there was no longer anyone on Earth with large energy. It doesn't say anything about Babidi taking Boo's ball from Earth in those timelines.
Oops, my bad. Without the book in front of me, I was just going off my memory. So it's not implied that Babidi went off to gather energy elsewhere?