Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p123
Advanced Regular

Re: Was Ultimate Gohan stated by Toriyama to be the stronges

Post by p123 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Agreed. I don't see Base Vegetto anywhere on par with Buuhan, evidenced by the manga. Vegetto's immediate SSJ transformation says it all IMO...

ANd I am a 5x base supporter. Lol. I have Base Vegetto a bit weaker than Super Buu/SSJ3 Gotenks...

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:24 am

CatouttaHell wrote:Well yeah, it didn't kill him because of his Instantaneous Movement. Judging by his facial expression when he freaked out and teleported the heck out of there I wouldn't say that was a harmless attack to him.
Are we talking anime here? Because in the manga, SSj Vegetto effortlessly shakes the Ghosts.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

jackjack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jackjack » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:22 am

CatouttaHell wrote:I am not trying to argue that Manga Chibi Boo is anywhere near SSjin Vegetto, and possibly not even as strong as Boohan or Bootenks.
Possibly?

Dabooyaka
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dabooyaka » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:57 am

p123 wrote:Agreed. I don't see Base Vegetto anywhere on par with Buuhan, evidenced by the manga. Vegetto's immediate SSJ transformation says it all IMO...

ANd I am a 5x base supporter. Lol. I have Base Vegetto a bit weaker than Super Buu/SSJ3 Gotenks...
So you have Chou Gohan stronger than Base Vegito? You have SSJ3 Gotenks stronger than Base Vegito?
Care to show me some evidence to back up your believes?

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:42 am

CatouttaHell wrote:Shin Boo got holes in his body from somebody firing a GUN at him.
That example is irrelevant. When I said "Boo's entire body gets caved in against itself" I was merely mentioning the moment so you can easily reference to it. Boo states Vegetto's attacks actually hurt him moreover. The last thing any Boo enjoys is pain. No Boo would ever hold back such power only to get their ass kicked with pain being involved.

CatouttaHell wrote:Boohan was holding back massively, regardless of what he said.
How does that make any sense?
CatouttaHell wrote: Base Vegetto effortlessly deflected his ginormous Ki ball and Boohan just smiled happily after he did it. And not to mention he seemed to be powering up after Vegetto beat him up, despite saying before that he was going all out.
Well of course. He powered up to make that huge Ki sphere. We see that happen all the time when a character attempts a concentrated Ki attack. That doesn't mean Boo wasn't trying before, especially when coupled with his own statement.
CatouttaHell wrote:The whole incident where Vegetto feared for his life and used Instantaneous Movement to escape Boohan's Kamikaze Ghosts at the last moment shows that he wasn't all that far above Boohan in his SSjin form, much less his base form.

You have got to be joking right? Surprised look = enemy is near my power, now?
The guy had 10 extremely powerful Ghosts rush up at him while trying to fire Kamehamehas at him from point blank range. I'd have a little "whoa wtf" expression as well. Is that why he had a huge grin on his face while he was taunting Boo afterwords?

You act as if Vegetto was trying any harder either. Even IF Boo was massively holding back(which holds next to none credit), normal Vegetto clearly would be too. Applying the Razor and statements, a holding back Vegetto ripped a holding back Boo apart. It stands with good reason, normal Vegetto is overall stronger.
-Otherwise known as The God of DBG.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:49 am

Watch the attitude, folks. There's really no need for dismissive remarks like, "You're joking, right?"

If you don't want to have a friendly conversation, please don't post here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:08 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:Well yeah, it didn't kill him because of his Instantaneous Movement. Judging by his facial expression when he freaked out and teleported the heck out of there I wouldn't say that was a harmless attack to him.
I'd say it would be harmless to him, however it wouldn't be harmless to his clothes...

And I think Manga Vegetto is as strong as his anime counterpart. He just didn't start out in base, because he realized, that even though his base is stronger and he would be winning the fight, Buu would be too stupid to realize, that he was outclassed and it would take all day before he became desperate enough to absorb him.

So instead of wasting his time on that, Vegetto just turned Super to speed things up.
That's just my opinion on that.

As for the original purpose of this topic.
No, Toriyama never stated that.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:51 pm

I think

Buuhan >>>>> Base Vegetto

Based on Vegetto immediately transforming, and not even attempting to play around in Base, is quite fair for the manga version of Base Vegetto..

The anime's version Base Vegetto ~ Buuhan, is fine as well. But it's quite possible the anime looks at Vegetto differently than the manga, as how they view Kid Buu differently than the manga as well...

Either way, either is plausible.

I prefer to go by the manga, which makes no suggestions of Vegetto not needing to transform. We know SSJ Vegeta, might not have needed to transform to USSJ, when facing Initial Semi Cell, suggested by Trunks. We know Freeza, didn't need Final Form at that point, based on the manga evidence.

But with Vegetto, we are left to assume the logical POV, which is one only transforms, because one needs to. IMO of course. But that's how I see it.

Dabooyaka
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dabooyaka » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:09 pm

I think the anime got it right. Base Vegito is a beast. There is no way a Potara fusion of Goku and Vegeta is going to produce something weaker than Boohan.