A "who'd win" topic, but not your average one

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:24 am

Hey, here's a plot hole. If only elite warriors can make those false moons, how does that explain Taurus' ablility to do it in movie #3? Those cursed DBZ movies strike again! :twisted:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:10 am

Yeah, but after this moon blew up, Gohan stayed Oozaru. Hence, it was a silly moon that made no sense.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:34 am

Now there's a statement I never thought I'd hear, a "silly moon". "Don't go into an eclipse, silly moon!" :P

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:04 am

Aww... I really wanted Bardock to be able to do it. Who cares about logic, I'm saying that he can.

Yikes... I just had the misfortune of highlighting a twisted smiley. On this crappy school computer, that's a very scary highlighted smiley. Oh, shit... what am I supposed to be doing?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:01 pm

Ha, ha! Your teacher must be coming down your row! Naughty, naughty slacker! :mrgreen: And hey Zacko, if you want Bardock to be able to logically create a false moon, just put him in a movie since none of them follow the rules anyway. :wink:

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:38 pm

Hurray for movies!

Yeah, she was. Basically we were doing some typing thing where we had to type out a marriage invitation from our textbooks, so whenever she came, I just switched to the Word window that said something in big letters, I think it was "THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!! AND THEY ARE THROWING A PARTY FOR ALL THE SOMETHING SOMETHING EFDKJASFDLJAFGDSLNSFD!". Hey, it fooled her. Man, I'm such a genius.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:01 pm

Oh Lord! I remember those stupid typing exercises! The paragraphs were always about such stupid things! Hey why can't they have paragraphs about Goku fighting Freeza? That would've kept my attention! *whispers*- Hey, keep that sneaky mind handy for when the Fangirl Hunters do their subterfuge work. :wink:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:40 pm

It would keep your attention? Surely it would span 20 novels, and have about 10 pages of action per book?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:47 pm

Well, there you go! It would last for the whole curriculum! Perfect! :D

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:43 am

SSJ2 Majin Vegeta vs Back-from-the-dead SSJ2 Vegeta: the Majin boost is what helped him along to SSJ2 I believe. So after he died the boost in power was still there but the extra enhancement from Babidi's magic was gone. I'd say cuz of the insane edge that Babidi's magic gave him SSJ2 Majin Vegeta would win out. I might be contradicting myself but, meh.

Chibi SSJ2 Gohan vs. Adult SSJ2 Gohan: Yes, Adult Gohan did go SSJ2. Kibito asked for Gohan to max out his power to lure Yamu and Spopvich to him so we did see him attain said level. SSJ2 Chibi Gohan would smoke his adult counterpart due to Gohan's "laziness" over the 7 years between Cell and Buu. Plus, Chibi SSJ2 Gohan was so wicked cool...I mean the very ground he was standing on shattered and dropped like a good foot when he hit the level, that's madness.

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:48 am

TGDweezl wrote:SSJ2 Majin Vegeta vs Back-from-the-dead SSJ2 Vegeta: the Majin boost is what helped him along to SSJ2 I believe. So after he died the boost in power was still there but the extra enhancement from Babidi's magic was gone. I'd say cuz of the insane edge that Babidi's magic gave him SSJ2 Majin Vegeta would win out. I might be contradicting myself but, meh.
IMHO, "Majin" is a specific form and isn't a permanent power-up like the type the Elder Namek and Old Kaioshin were capable of granting. I really don't see any reason to believe that Vegeta retained the power he received from Babidi after he died and lost the other characteristics of the Majin form. Super Saiya-jin 2 Vegeta (after returning from the afterlife) is probably significantly weaker than he was as a Majin. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that Vegeta was only as powerful as he was at the beginning of the Buu Saga -- back when he realized that he wasn't strong enough to fight Goku without Babidi's assistance.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 am

And he didn't even know about SSJ3 then.

Between Goten and Post-Namek Gohan... I'd say Goten, just because of blatant favoritism.

And all fanfiction people should check out Project AFTER before deciding on typing anything...

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:20 pm

SSJ2 'Cell Games' Gohan would beat Adult SSJ2 Gohan no problem.

Dabura and Perfect Cell would probably be evenly matched but Super Perfect Cell would stomp Dabura.

Goten's several times stronger than Post Namek Gohan and would win, hands down.
Jerseymilk wrote:Hey, here's a plot hole. If only elite warriors can make those false moons, how does that explain Taurus' ablility to do it in movie #3? Those cursed DBZ movies strike again! :twisted:
I'd thought Bardock invented the False Moon?

And finally, Legend of the Super Sai-jin and Of Angels and Demons are my favorite self-written Fanfics (see my FF.net page link in sig), whileThe Return by The Smooster is my favorite Fanfic written by someone else :D
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:41 pm

Xyex wrote:
BZZZZZT! That was dub-only. There's no mention WHO invited the technique in actual canon.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:01 pm

Well then, since there's no contradicting information, I'll just except that as fact then. :twisted:
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:12 pm

Xyex wrote:Well then, since there's no contradicting information, I'll just except that as fact then. :twisted:
Dub Vegeta also claimed that Goku's father was a brilliant scientist, and that was obviously a load of shit.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:05 pm

That depends on the general inteligence of the Saiya-jin race. If most of them are like Nappa and Goku then yes, Bardock would be a brillaint scientist. Well, maybe not a scientest, but at least 100x smarter than everyone else :lol:
<Xyex> Good point.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:13 pm

Xyex wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:Hey, here's a plot hole. If only elite warriors can make those false moons, how does that explain Taurus' ablility to do it in movie #3? Those cursed DBZ movies strike again! :twisted:
Daizenshuu EX - Rumors Guide - Dub Mistakes

:P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:19 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Xyex wrote:
Daizenshuu EX - Rumors Guide - Dub Mistakes

:P
Heh, I was about to do that, Julian.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:30 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Besides, if Kuririn actually realised that he could do a Solar Flare, and THEN a Kienzan, he'd be chopping people up left, right, and centre.
That's exactly what he should have done to Frieza, but no he had to check on Gohan.