The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 am

Goten and Trunks [Both post RoSaT] vs Vegeta [Pre Majin boost]. No SSJ1 or SSJ2.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:51 am

Team Super

Whis, Beerus, SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta and Golden Frieza

Vs

Team GT

Omega Shenron, SSJ4 Goku, SSJ4 Vegeta, Super 17 and Golden Oozaru Baby

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:18 am

Noah wrote:New matches:

- Mr. Satan x General Blue (No Psychic)
- Dodoria x Guldo
- Zarbon (Monster) x Guldo
- Janemba x Fat Boo
- Super Janemba x Kid Boo
- Second Form Freeza (RoF) x LSSJ Broly (M10)
- General Blue does to Mr Satan what Tao Pai Pai did to General Blue
- Assuming Guldo could use his psychic powers, Guldo wins. If not, Dedoria
- Same thing as above
- Janemba wins.
- Super Janemba wins easily
- Oh God, that's not even close to fair. 1st Form Freeza would take it effortlessly.
Zombie wrote:Goten and Trunks [Both post RoSaT] vs Vegeta [Pre Majin boost]. No SSJ1 or SSJ2.
In my head, Goten and Trunks would be around Cell Junior level. Based on that, Vegeta takes it rather easily. Even if they are stronger, they're still inexperienced kids, whereas Vegeta has years of experience on the battlefield, and is a pretty ruthless fighter. So, once again, Vegeta.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 am

Bullza wrote:Team Super

Whis, Beerus, SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta and Golden Freeza

Vs

Team GT

Golden Freeza alone could one shot all of Team GT. Throwing in Whis, Beerus, SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta is beyond overkill.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:09 am

Murasaki vs Mr. Satan? I think most would automatically go with Murasaki but I'm not recalling anything that really puts him above the champ. Let's say anime versions with filler.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:12 am

Son Edo wrote:General Blue vs Dracula Man

Both defeated post 21st tournament Kuririn.
100%/0% - General Blue is too strong. He win in one punch.
Zombie wrote:Goten and Trunks [Both post RoSaT] vs Vegeta [Pre Majin boost]. No SSJ1 or SSJ2.
5%/95% - I have Vegeta as the strongest base Saiyan, much stronger than the kids. The young ones, have a shot if they coordinate an attack while Vegeta lowers his guard due to his cockiness, consequence of fighting kids.
nickzambuto wrote:Murasaki vs Mr. Satan? I think most would automatically go with Murasaki but I'm not recalling anything that really puts him above the champ. Let's say anime versions with filler.
It depends if Murasaki has his weapons and home advantage. If he does, Mr.Satan is toast.
Hand-to-hand combat, Mr.Satan would pull of a win while still taking some damage. Murasaki while above average is a gimmick fighter who relies on tricks.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Kazuya Mishima & Heihachi Mishima & Jin Kazama vs. Tenkaichi Budokai finalists

1. Spopovich
2. Pamput
3. Giran
4. Nam
5. Akkuman
6. King Chappa
7. Chiaotzu
8. Jackie Chun
9. Chi-Chi
10. Cyborg Tao
11. Yamcha
12. Krillin
13. Tien
14. Shen (Kami)
15. Piccolo
16. Goku

Rules: They all fight one-by-one.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Kazuya Mishima & Heihachi Mishima & Jin Kazama vs. Tenkaichi Budokai finalists

1. Spopovich
2. Pamput
3. Giran
4. Nam
5. Akkuman
6. King Chappa
7. Chiaotzu
8. Jackie Chun
9. Chi-Chi
10. Cyborg Tao
11. Yamcha
12. Krillin
13. Tenshinhan
14. Shen (Kami)
15. Piccolo
16. Goku

Rules: They all fight one-by-one.
None of them make it past Giran. No Tekken fighter, as far I know, has shown to have superhuman strength, durability, speed etc. For which I rate Giran to be the benchmark for in that list.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Dabra vs. Vegeta (before being powered-up by Babidi)

Could Vegeta have defeated Dabra if he had substituted Gohan? That is without using Super Saiyan 2. I think Gohan and Vegeta had about the same powerlevel when they were on the same forms, but since Gohan couldn't use SS2 anymore he was surpassed by Vegeta. So what do you think?

SuperSaiyan2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyan2 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Dabra vs. Vegeta (before being powered-up by Babidi)

Could Vegeta have defeated Dabra if he had substituted Gohan? That is without using Super Saiyan 2. I think Gohan and Vegeta had about the same powerlevel when they were on the same forms, but since Gohan couldn't use SS2 anymore he was surpassed by Vegeta. So what do you think?
Vegeta stated that he could destroy Dabra, and that was before it was revealed that he had SSJ2. SSj Vegeta > Dabra.

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:No Tekken fighter, as far I know, has shown to have superhuman strength, durability, speed etc.
Kazuya and Heihachi were both thrown out of the giant cliff and survived, the latter also survived a huge explosion from a self-destructing military robot, previously destroying lots of them with his bare hands.

Jin and Kazuya are also cursed with the devil gene, allowing them to transform and gain lots of power.

I'm pretty sure they could beat Giran.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:08 pm

SuperSaiyan2 wrote:Vegeta stated that he could destroy Dabra, and that was before it was revealed that he had SSJ2. SSj Vegeta > Dabra.
Yes, he said that, but he still had SS2 to assure his victory. Not to mention the plot suggested two times that Vegeta was capable of using SS2, by Bulma and by Vegeta himself when he saw Goku defeat Yakon. So, is there any other reason to believe Vegeta is stronger than Dabra even without it?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Dabra vs. Vegeta (before being powered-up by Babidi)

Without SSJ2? Dabura murders Vegeta in seconds.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Zombie wrote:Without SSJ2? Dabura murders Vegeta in seconds.
Hmm.. He wasn't even damaging Gohan badly. It's unlikely that Dabra could do this kind of stuff against SS Vegeta.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Zombie wrote:Without SSJ2? Dabura murders Vegeta in seconds.
Hmm.. He wasn't even damaging Gohan badly. It's unlikely that Dabra could do this kind of stuff against SS Vegeta.
Gohan was a SSJ2 there as stated by Daizenshuu 7.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
SuperSaiyan2 wrote:Vegeta stated that he could destroy Dabra, and that was before it was revealed that he had SSJ2. SSj Vegeta > Dabra.
Yes, he said that, but he still had SS2 to assure his victory. Not to mention the plot suggested two times that Vegeta was capable of using SS2, by Bulma and by Vegeta himself when he saw Goku defeat Yakon. So, is there any other reason to believe Vegeta is stronger than Dabra even without it?
Goku didn't question Vegeta saying he could defeat Dabra, and was later shocked at Vegeta going SS2. So in Goku's mind, SS Vegeta > Dabra.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Zombie wrote:Gohan was a SSJ2 there as stated by Daizenshuu 7.
If you go by what is depicted in the manga, Gohan is weaker than himself as a SS2, whereas he was just a SS. Not to mention the original content makes a consistent difference between the respective auras of each form. Also, the Daizenshuu's books contradict themselves saying Gohan was a Super Saiyan in the second volume, if I recal.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Goku didn't question Vegeta saying he could defeat Dabra, and was later shocked at Vegeta going SS2. So in Goku's mind, SS Vegeta > Dabra.
Goku also said it was not like Gohan was losing against Dabra, like it would take a long while to decide who would win, so Vegeta could have a chance as a SS (remember Goku and Vegeta saying Majin Boo could be defeated with SS3 while the fight was even)? SS2 Vegeta though is likely as powerful as SS2 Gohan, since he remarked Goku the strongest among the three SS2 and wasn't entirely sure about how he would go against Gohan.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Zombie wrote:Gohan was a SSJ2 there as stated by Daizenshuu 7.
If you go by what is depicted in the manga, Gohan is weaker than himself as a SS2, whereas he was just a SS. Not to mention the original content makes a consistent difference between the respective auras of each form. Also, the Daizenshuu's books contradict themselves saying Gohan was a Super Saiyan in the second volume, if I recal.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Goku didn't question Vegeta saying he could defeat Dabra, and was later shocked at Vegeta going SS2. So in Goku's mind, SS Vegeta > Dabra.
Goku also said it was not like Gohan was losing against Dabra, like it would take a long while to decide who would win, so Vegeta could have a chance as a SS (remember Goku and Vegeta saying Majin Boo could be defeated with SS3 while the fight was even)? SS2 Vegeta though is likely as powerful as SS2 Gohan, since he remarked Goku the strongest among the three SS2 and wasn't entirely sure about how he would go against Gohan.
Vegeta iria derrotar Dabura em SSJ; Vegeta afirmou ter superado Gohan e até mesmo disse que Dabura não é um adversário difícil, basta ter atenção com a sua saliva. Além disso Bejita disse que Gohan SSJ2 estava muito, muito mais fraco que ele mesmo no Cell Game, logo Gohan o seria também em SSJ... não vejo em hipótese alguma Vegeta tão mais fraco que Gohan do Cell Game.

Goku SSJ >> Vegeta SSJ > Gohan SSJ~Dabura.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Quando Bulma sugeriu que Vegeta poderia se transformar em SS2?

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:53 am

Bullza wrote:Team Super

Whis, Beerus, SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta and Golden Freeza

Vs

Team GT

Golden Freeza reverts back to his Final Form and casually one shots all of the GT team.