The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:15 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Chi-Chi and Cyborg Tao (23rd Budokai) vs. Piccolo Daimao

How do these ponytail-sporting beauties do against the Demon King?

Scenario #1: Chi-Chi fights Elderly Daimao alone

Scenario #2: Tao fights Elderly Daimao alone

Scenario #3: Chi-Chi fights Young Daimao alone with Kamehameha and Basho Fan as options

Scenario #4: Tao fights Young Daimao alone

Scenario #5: Chi-Chi and Tao fight Young Daimao together

Lunch (Blonde) vs. Ronda Rousey
#1. Daimao stomps
#2. Daimao stomps
#3. Daimao stomps
#4. Daimao stomps
#5. Daimao stomps

Also, I have no idea who Ronda Rousey is, so....
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:19 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
Lunch (Blonde) vs. Ronda Rousey
Also, I have no idea who Ronda Rousey is, so....
This wasn't the best match-up IMO. Ronda's a top-class MMA fighter and a former UFC Champion (but not a DB character, so bullets have full effect). Blonde Launch is a psychotic piece of eye-candy who only knows how to shoot a gun and rob things. With gun, Launch takes it. If no weapon, Ronda.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:39 am

Lunch was able to knock out a burly RRA soldier with one punch, which also launched him a few feet.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:47 am

Battles:

1. Kaioshin vs cell (i havde shin b/w CG goku & FP PC, so 3 rounds):
- shin vs suppressed cell (vs goku)
- shin vs FP cell
- shin vs PC (equal stats)

2. Buu [janemba absorbed] vs hirdugarn (2nd form)

3. King cold vs piccolo pre kami fusion (i think they are close)

4. Piccolo x Nail vs Piccolo x Kami (both fusions post king kai)

5. Dodoria , cui vs Zarbon (no transformation)
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:00 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Lunch was able to knock out a burly RRA soldier with one punch, which also launched him a few feet.
Oh wow. Somehow I completely forgot about that. Nvm, I stand corrected. :mrgreen:

She seems to have quite a lot of unprecedented power in her blonde state. She'd most likely be able to overcome the average woman fighter, but Ronda has more experience in her Martial Arts/Judo background. If she can submit her well, Ronda wins 6/10 times.

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:32 am

apex_pretador wrote:Battles:

- shin vs FP cell

1. I'd give it to Cell for all 3 rounds. His battle smarts and regen give him a huge advantage.

2. Hirudegarn

3.I'd say Piccolo

4.Probably Piccolo x Kami, since they were one whole being.

5. Dodoria is really close to Zarbon. Adding Cui might give the 2 fighters the win over Zarbon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:57 am

- shin vs FP cell

- I have Kaioshin winning all of those matches easily. I peg Kaioshin at the low tier of of SSJ2 in terms of strength considering he was able completely paralyse SSJ2 Teen Gohan and survive severe beating from pre-split Majin Boo.
- I have Hirudegarn at the high tier of SSJ3 considering that SSJ3 Goku was able to withstand nearly every he threw at him. And if the form of Majin that is absorbing Janemba is Super Boo of tier or higher, Hirudegarn is done for. But if it's any form weaker, that I'm backing Hirudegarn.
- If it's Piccolo prior to the three years of training in preparation for the Android, I have King Cold as stronger. But if this after the the three years of training Piccolo stomps, considering that Piccolo treated Dr Gero (post-absorption), who is way stronger than 100% Final Form Freeza, as a joke.
For whatever reason Piccolo fusing with Kami resulted in a huge boost in comparison to fusing with Nail, as fusing with Kami lead to being on par with #17 while fusing with Nail only boosted his power to be able to challenge Second Form Freeza.
- Zarbon gets overwhelmed easily.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:32 am

- shin vs FP cell

1:
- Kaioshin wins after a long battle.Kaioshin wins 6/10
- Kaioshins gets one shotted.Cell 10/10
- Cell wins but Kaioshin goes down fighting hard.Cell 6/10

2: Even if this is Super Buu,he would not be even close to Buutenks which i have Hirudegarn at least since how he defeated U.Gohan easily.I see Movie 13 Goku as Toei wanked/haxxed like Otherworld Tournament Goku.

3: Piccolo one shots.Before they met the Androids #20 and 19,he tells Goku that he can beat them easily despite seeing Trunks easily killing Cold and Freeza and hearing that Trunks got beaten up by the Androids.

4: Piccolo went up from at least Nail tier to 2nd Form Freeza tier,thats more than 10x boost.Even if it deosnt make sense,Piccolo x Nail would win.

5: Zarbon should at least be equal or slightly stronger than Dodoria.Zarbon gets overwhelmed easily.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:16 pm

- shin vs FP cell

1. I see Kaioshin as being equal to a Cell Jr. so Cell wins all the fights. Even with equal power levels, he still has regeneration, whereas Shin does not.
2. Hirudegarn is stated to be weaker than Janemba on Toei's website, to adding his power to Boo's makes this one pretty easy.
3. Assuming this is Android Arc Piccolo, Piccolo is stronger than Freeza, who is stronger than Cold. So Piccolo wins.
4. I'm guessing merging with a super powerful Warrior Type Namekian would probably equate to bigger gains than merging with a relatively weak and old Dragon Type Namekian, so Piccolo + Nail wins.
5. If it's untransformed Zarbon, than Kiwi and Dedoria could possibly pull off a win.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Bluper Saiyan Turles runs a gauntlet, which number does he stop at?
if he can't clear a stage on his own then add bluper saiyan nappa and bluper saiyan raditz to his team.

1. 100% Frieza (namek saga)
2. Androids 16,17 and 18
3. Perfect Cell
4. Fat Buu
5. SSj3 Gotenks
6. Super Buu
7. Ultimate Gohan
8. Buuhan
9. Base Vegito
10. Super Vegito
Last edited by Pocket-God on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Pocket-God wrote:Bluper Saiyan Nappa runs a gauntlet, which number does he stop at?

1. 100% Freeza (namek saga)
2. Androids 16,17 and 18
3. Perfect Cell
4. Fat Buu
5. SSj3 Gotenks
I'd say he stops at Fat Buu.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:29 am

Pocket-God wrote:Bluper Saiyan Tullece runs a gauntlet, which number does he stop at?
if he can't clear a stage on his own then add bluper saiyan nappa and bluper saiyan raditz to his team.

2. Androids 16,17 and 18
3. Perfect Cell
4. Fat Buu
5. SSj3 Gotenks
6. Super Buu
7. Ultimate Gohan
8. Buuhan
9. Base Vegito
10. Super Vegito
Clears the list with absolute ease

SSJG gives the user the power to destroy the entire universe + kai realms.

No one on that list has the power to hurt Turles

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Pocket-God wrote:Bluper Saiyan Tullece runs a gauntlet, which number does he stop at?

2. Androids 16,17 and 18
3. Perfect Cell
4. Fat Buu
5. SSj3 Gotenks
6. Super Buu
7. Ultimate Gohan
8. Buuhan
9. Base Vegito
10. Super Vegito
I'd say Bluper Tullece can't beat Fat Buu, but with Bluper Nappa and Bluper Raditz, he can. Then, the 3 guys get stomped by SSJ3 Gotenks.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:

2. Androids 16,17 and 18
3. Perfect Cell
4. Fat Buu
5. SSj3 Gotenks
6. Super Buu
7. Ultimate Gohan
8. Buuhan
9. Base Vegito
10. Super Vegito
Clears the list with absolute ease

SSJG gives the user the power to destroy the entire universe + kai realms.

No one on that list has the power to hurt Tullece
Agree with this, or at least most of it. Given how Goku and Vegeta achieve Bluper in Super, I'm inclined to believe low-level Saiyans can't just achieve it unlike SSG, which is achieved pretty easily though with that time limit.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:35 pm

SSG being so obscenely above everyone else based on the universe-shattering punch is seemingly debunked by 1st form Freeza< enraged SS Gohan (as well as the difference between 1st form Freeza and normal SS Gohan being implied to be relatively small, as Roshi couldn't immediately tell Gohan had no chance) + 4th form Freeza not being much weaker than base Goku who is not octillions of times weaker than his Blueper Saiyan form. As well as raging SS2 Vegeta making Beerus use 10% of his power (inb4 "being angry makes Vegeta centillions of times stronger").
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:39 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:SSG being so obscenely above everyone else based on the universe-shattering punch is seemingly debunked by 1st form Freeza< enraged SS Gohan (as well as the difference between 1st form Freeza and normal SS Gohan being implied to be relatively small, as Roshi couldn't immediately tell Gohan had no chance) + 4th form Freeza not being much weaker than base Goku who is not octillions of times weaker than his Blueper Saiyan form. As well as raging SS2 Vegeta making Beerus use 10% of his power (inb4 "being angry makes Vegeta centillions of times stronger").
Why does everyone keep bringing up that feat from episode 12 like that's the only universal feat in Super?

Their ki blasts were going to destroy the universe and Beerus nullified it.

The narrator said Goku and Beerus were hitting each other again and again with the power to destroy the universe.

Goku surpassed SSJG when he was a SSJ and his aura was so bright it could be seen from the kai realms

The same thing with Beerus sphere of Destruction attack,it was seen briefly from the kai's realm.

Then finally Goku punched away a universal attack. (Beerus attack was made up of Goku's Kamehameha and his atom attack that was previously said by the narrator to destroy the universe)

SSJG is obscenely strong the feats are all there.

SSGSS Vegetto

Post by SSGSS Vegetto » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:14 am

- shin vs FP cell

1. Cell wins because of his regeneration ability and fighting skills.
2. Buu (Janemba absorbed) wins.
3. If Piccolo is pre-3 years training, King Cold wins, if not, Piccolo loses.
4. Piccolo x Nail wins.
5. Dodoria and Cui win.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:01 am

SSGSS Vegetto wrote: 3. If Piccolo is pre-3 years training, King Cold wins, if not, Piccolo loses.
Is that a typo or a joke?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 am

SSGSS Vegetto wrote:3. If Piccolo is pre-3 years training, King Cold wins, if not, Piccolo loses.
ROFL

New matches:

- Vegeta (Namek Arc) x Slug

- Kamiccolo (Daimao Arc) x Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta

- Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) x 5 Cell Juniors

- Yamcha (23rd TB) x Tenshinhan (22nd TB)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Noah wrote: New matches:

- Vegeta (Namek Arc) x Slug

- Kamiccolo (Daimao Arc) x Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta

- Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) x 5 Cell Juniors

- Yamcha (23rd TB) x Tenshinhan (22nd TB)
- Slug should take this pretty easily

- Hmm, this one is tricky. I'd say he'd be able to stomp Raditz, but would lose to Nappa or Vegeta

- Another good one. Going by my PLs, Gotenks should lose, but PLs aren't the best thing for this. Since the manga does imply Base Gotenks being really damn strong, I'll go with him.

- I'd say Yamcha for this