The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Noah wrote:- Vegeta (Namek Arc) x Slug

- Kamiccolo (Daimao Arc) x Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta

- Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) x 5 Cell Juniors

- Yamcha (23rd TB) x Tenshinhan (22nd TB)
-- Slug is probably stronger than Freeza (or at least stronger than 1st form Freeza). Vegeta would only stand a chance after Dende healed him.
-- The child of Katatz is suposed to be stronger than the Saiyans. I think he can take all at once.
-- Base Gotenks is barely stronger than Freeza. He would probably need Super Saiyan to take out 5 Cell Jrs. at the same time.
-- The guidebooks give them very close numbers, but I bet on Yamcha with his Sokidan. He was able to catch Kami off guard. I don't think Tenshinhan would have that chance.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Noah wrote:
SSGSS Vegetto wrote:3. If Piccolo is pre-3 years training, King Cold wins, if not, Piccolo loses.
ROFL

New matches:

- Vegeta (Namek Arc) x Slug

- Unless if it's post Ginyu Vegeta or higher, Slug wins.
- Assuming that Kami and Piccolo Daimao had just fused and had no time for training, Katatz Jr. would probably smoke Raditz, but have trouble against Nappa. Vegeta takes this pretty easily.
- Base Gotenks is probably weaker than a Cell Junior in the first place, so throwing another 4 Juniors at him is overkill.
- If the official power levels are to be believed, 22nd Budokai Tenshinhan (180) is stronger than Beginning Z Yamcha (177).
Last edited by DanielSSJ on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:07 pm

SSGSS Vegetto wrote:3. King cold vs piccolo pre kami fusion (i think they are close)
Piccolo is stronger than sick SS Goku, Cold is weaker than organic Freeza. Piccolo stomps.
Noah wrote:- Base Gotenks (Post RoSaT) x 5 Cell Juniors

- Piccolo thought Base Gotenks post had a chance against initial Evil Boo. Would he think that Freeza or even a Cell Jr. would have a chance against initial Evil Boo?

- Yamcha crushes Tenshinhan. Not even close to a fair fight, unfortunately.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Quincy King Yhwach from Bleach vs. Young Piccolo Daimao

Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:18 pm

apex_pretador wrote:1. Kaioshin vs cell (i havde shin b/w CG goku & FP PC, so 3 rounds):
- shin vs suppressed cell (vs goku)
- shin vs FP cell
- shin vs PC (equal stats)
2. Buu [janemba absorbed] vs hirdugarn (2nd form)
3. King cold vs piccolo pre kami fusion (i think they are close)
4. Piccolo x Nail vs Piccolo x Kami (both fusions post king kai)
5. Dodoria, Cui vs Zarbon (no transformation)
1. Kaioshin would put up a good fight against the Cell who fought Goku, but probably lose. He'd probably lose at equal powers, too.
2. Super Janemba's already stronger than Hirudegarn. Adding Boo's extra power and brains just makes victory a sure thing.
3. I disagree, I think Piccolo's way up there with the Super Saiyans with a PL of almost 200 million, while Cold maxes out a little below 100 million. So Piccolo's got this in the bag.
4. Piccolo's merger with Nail made him many times stronger, while his merger with Kami presumably only doubled his power. So the former merged Piccolo's got this in the bag.
5. Dodoria and Zarbon's powers are already close enough (24k vs 23k) that the former would already have a decent shot at winning. Adding Kwi as backup just tips the scales heavily in his favor.
Noah wrote:- Vegeta (Namek Arc) x Slug
— Vegeta as he was against 1st-form Freeza could take down Old Slug, and "not quite Super Saiyan" Vegeta could defeat Young Slug. It probably wouldn't be easy for him in either case.
— Re-joining with Kami would presumably only double his strength. He's not even going to be a match for Raditz alone.
— Gotenks does a lot of posturing and bragging, which leads the Cell Juniors to think he's a challenge for them. He goes down with the first punch. They all spend the next 10 minutes kicking him until he dies.
— Yamcha finds a way to lose, especially if they're fighting in the first round of a tournament.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Kaboom wrote:— Re-joining with Kami would presumably only double his strength. He's not even going to be a match for Raditz alone.
I dissagree. When fusions like this occur, I say that the closer the two characters are in power, the greater the power boost. Piccolo and Nail were both in the tens of thousands, so their strength increased 20ish times over. Piccolo and Kami were horrifically far apart, Piccolo being around a million times stronger than Kami, so his strength only doubled or so. This also applies to potara fusion. Goku and Vegeta were about even with each other(not counting SSJ3), so when they fused into Vegetto, their power skyrocketed. Kaioshin and Kibito were probably not at the same level, so they didn't increase that much. I could be totally wrong here, but this is how I rationalize fusions. Fusion dance doesn't do this, since the characters have to be at equal strength.
— Yamcha finds a way to lose, especially if they're fighting in the first round of a tournament.
I'm getting the feeling that you don't particularly care for Yamcha.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:53 am

DanielSSJ wrote:I dissagree. When fusions like this occur, I say that the closer the two characters are in power, the greater the power boost. Piccolo and Nail were both in the tens of thousands, so their strength increased 20ish times over. Piccolo and Kami were horrifically far apart, Piccolo being around a million times stronger than Kami, so his strength only doubled or so. This also applies to potara fusion. Goku and Vegeta were about even with each other(not counting SSJ3), so when they fused into Vegetto, their power skyrocketed. Kaioshin and Kibito were probably not at the same level, so they didn't increase that much. I could be totally wrong here, but this is how I rationalize fusions. Fusion dance doesn't do this, since the characters have to be at equal strength.
I think something similar happens for Potara, but this is Namekian Fusion, and we're not really ever given much insight into how the power boosts from it are determined. But there IS the line from the Elder Kaioshin saying that the son of Katatz's power was cut in half when he split himself. Then with how Piccolo's power ranking changes in the Androids arc (Somewhat behind the Super Saiyans -> A match for the Androids), his power inversely doubling from the re-joining makes a lot of sense.

Aside from that, lately I'm entertaining an idea that since normally only two Namekians of the same type can merge, the results may differ between types. Two warrior-types merging will result in a large boost of power, while two dragon-types merging increases their magic, healing, and other such abilities more than power. But Piccolo and Kami, putting aside that they're two different types, are just a single Namekian who are re-joining. In that case it'd just be re-doubling the power or abilities of whoever's dormant.
DanielSSJ wrote:I'm getting the feeling that you don't particularly care for Yamcha.
Nah, it's more that I'm indifferent about pre-Raditz power comparisons, and it's hard to resist jumping on the good ol' "Yamcha joke" bandwagon.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:01 am

SSJ2 Vegetto vs Final form Freeza [DBS; post training].
First form Freeza [DBS, post training] vs Buutenks.
Ginyu [Tagoma's body] vs Super Buu.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:25 am

Zombie wrote:SSJ2 Vegetto vs Final form Freeza [DBS; post training].
- Final Form Freeza.
- 1st Form Freeza.
- Super Boo.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:11 am

-I think SS3 vegetto will be better match. SS2 vegetto has no chance.

-They must be close in power, with a slight advantage to freeza. If he knows about the absorption ability in advance, then he can win.

-I have tagoma/ginyu weaker than fat buu, he was 1-shotted by SS gohan who was holding back to not kill him.
Noah wrote: New matches:

- I think namek arc means this is before freeza transforms. In that case, slug stomps. He was stronger first form freeza at least.

- As weird as it sounds, I have daimao x kami boost as large as a potara fusion boost. Still I doubt that will be enough to beat vegeta. Power ball seal the deal for saiyans.

- Cell Jr wins. "Jrs" is overkill.

- Yamcha has a chance here with a power advantage, but tenshinhan knows how to overcome it. Close battle to yamcha.
DanielSSJ wrote:
Kaboom wrote:— Re-joining with Kami would presumably only double his strength. He's not even going to be a match for Raditz alone.
I dissagree. When fusions like this occur, I say that the closer the two characters are in power, the greater the power boost. Piccolo and Nail were both in the tens of thousands, so their strength increased 20ish times over. Piccolo and Kami were horrifically far apart, Piccolo being around a million times stronger than Kami, so his strength only doubled or so
Even in the freeza arc, kami and piccolo were horribly far apart (over 42 k vs 200 or so), meaning piccolo was atleast 200x stronger than kami.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:23 am

-Still don't see any reason to assume Freeza's even stronger than Buuhan. Vegetto rips out his spine and beats him to death with it.
-Powered-up SS Gohan > 1st form Freeza; his ki could be sensed from Beerus's planet, Freeza's couldn't. Even regular SS Gohan was implied to not be too far off since Roshi didn't immediately decide things were hopeless. I think Cell could kick the shit out of this Freeza.
-Cell could bitch-slap Ginyu-Tagoma to death, to say nothing of any form of Buu. SS Gohan took him out in two hits.
Noah wrote:
SSGSS Vegetto wrote:3. If Piccolo is pre-3 years training, King Cold wins, if not, Piccolo loses.
ROFL

New matches:

-Yamcha (23rd TB) x Tenshinhan (22nd TB)
-Slug was a lot stronger than Freeza and SS Goku, according to Kaio. The weakest version of Slug murders the strongest version of Namek arc Vegeta.

-Guru was surprised that any Saiyan could kill the Nameless Namek, so I think he takes it.

-Gotenks was stronger than Piccolo at the very least. I think he's actually stronger than SS2 Vegeta which means he could one-shot the Juniors as easily as Gohan did.

-Tenshinhan is both stronger (180 vs somewhere below 177) and not as big of a moron. He's got this in the bag.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:06 am

Frieza has this in the bag and could wipe even SSJ3 Vegetto from existence.
Buutenks wins by being versatile and having regeneration.
Super Buu takes this because of his regeneration.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:47 am

-I'm going with Vegetto on this one

- Imo, Buutenks pretty easily

- Super Buu

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Zombie wrote:
SSJ2 Vegetto vs Final form Freeza [DBS; post training].
Vegito
Buu
Buu
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Quincy King Yhwach from Bleach vs. Young Piccolo Daimao
Who wins?
Yhwach easily, he is a lot faster with much higher DC

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:30 am

Super ROF Tagoma vs...

Coola Final Form
Super #13
Dabra
LSSj Movie 10 Broli
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
Fat Buu

How far does he go after 4 months of training
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:19 am

Dabra is, at the very least, in same the weight class as SS Gohan (I personally think he's close to SS2 Gohan). He bitch-slaps Tagoma just as easily as SS Gohan did.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:07 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Super ROF Tagoma vs...

Coola Final Form
Super #13
Dabra
LSSj Movie 10 Broli
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
Fat Buu

He beats Cooler and 13, 16 could go either way, everyone else on the list murders him.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:45 am

Coola Final Form
Super #13
Dabra
LSSj Movie 10 Broli
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
Fat Buu

After sparring a little, Coola offers the supreme command of his forces and Tagoma accepts with pleasure.

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:15 am

Coola Final Form
Super #13
Dabra
LSSj Movie 10 Broli
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
Fat Buu

Personally, I'd put him even with Broly, which is pretty damn high.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 am

Coola Final Form
Super #13
Dabra
LSSj Movie 10 Broli
Super Perfect Cell
Majin Vegeta
Fat Buu

Hits a brick wall at Broly.