The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Smilodon wrote:No rules for these fights, and until one is dead:

Jaco vs Kid Trunks?
Kid Goten (base) vs Kuririn?
Pual vs Oolong?
Kid Boo vs ROF Freeza Final Form (not golden)?
Dabura vs Tagoma?
Dai Kaio Sama vs Kid Gohan SSJ2? :D
Tamborine vs Shula?
Raditz vs Generic Namekian Warrior?
- Um what? In his manga, Jaco stated that he'd be able to handle a Saiyan child, but that an adult would definitely be too much for him, and this was back in the day when the average Saiyan had a power level of at least 1,000. Trunks is thousands of times stronger than that without Super Saiyan. Jaco faints of Trunks looks at him funny.
- In the same way that none of the Saiyans (besides Gohan and Fusions) have reached Freeza's full power without transforming, I don't think any of the Earthlings ever reach First Form Freeza's power. Kuririn himself only gets about as strong as Vegeta during the beginning of the Freeza fight. So Goten has this in the bag.
- Oolong, because he was actually a character at one point.
- I've basically given up doing any form of power scaling for Super's characters. So I don't know.
- Dabra spits on him.
- Grandpa Kaio (my personal nickname for him) was nervous about the prospect of training either Goku or Paikuhan, because both of them had long surpassed him. Gohan wins with zero effort.
- Shula? That guy from Dragon Ball filler who was only a little stronger than Kid Goku? Yeah he dies if Dabra looks at him funny.
- I'll say that the two are probably equals. But Tambourine can fly and I don't think Shura/Shula can do that. So Tambourine wins.
- Raditz is about half as strong as those young Namekians that butchered Freeza's men. Unless it's a full moon, you have a dead Raditz.
Pan (Z) vs Nappa and Raditz Tag Team
- Given how strong Goten and Trunks were when they were kids, I'd say it's a fair bet that Pan is several hundred, if not thousand times stronger than Nappa and Raditz put together.
New fights:

No rules. Until one is dead:

Babidi vs Chaos
Tambourine vs Shula (I'm Still waiting :D)
Dende vs Satan
Olibe vs Kuririn (from Cell games)
Yakkon vs Future Trunks (who defeated Freeza) (same conditions that Goku fought him)
Goku SSJB from U6 tournament + Mystic Gohan (potara fusion) vs Beerus at 100%
Ginyu + Reecom (potara fusion) vs Piccolo after absorb Nail
Kid Gohan vs Dai Kaio Sama (I'm still waiting :D)
Vegeta vs That Big Worm inside Majin Boo (fighting inside boo of course)
- Who is Chaos? Oh do you mean Chaozu? If so, he probably wins. I don't think he has enough evil in his heart to be manipulated by Bobbidi and the evil wizard is pathetic physically.
- See above.
- Dende is overall more powerful. Goku didn't want to merge with Dende because A) That would get rid of the Dragon Balls. B) It's a safer bet to combine with someone with some fighting experience and with somewhat similar biology rather than face the unpredictable side affects of merging with a strange alien who isn't fit for fighting. Or at least that's what I tell myself.
- If it's filler Kuririn, then he definitely wins. If it's manga Kuririn, then Olivue doesn't exist and Kuririn wins by default.
- Yakon is a smidge weaker than Freeza in my book. Super Saiyan Trunks should win easily if he doesn't let Yakon eat his energy and kills him quickly.
- I generally avoid Super match-ups. Adding a hypothetical fusion into the mix and I'm avoiding this one like the plague.
- Ginyu and Recoome are probably not an optimal fusion pairing, and I don't see them getting terribly strong. Piccolo crushes Ryu.
- See above. Again.
- Vegeta freaks out, goes SS2 and Final Flashes the thing 100x before he calms down.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:50 am

Jaco vs Kid Trunks?
Pual vs Oolong?
Dabura vs Tagoma?
Tamborine vs Shula?
Jaco EDIT: is a weakling who was scared of a big fish and some falling rocks. Trunks swats him like a fly.

Goten isn't much weaker than Buu arc Gohan or Vegeta in the same form, judging by the sparring matches. He kills Krillin by accident.

Already happened, Puar won.

Base Goku > base Freeza, per ROF. Pure Buu > base Goku, per the EOZ. Buu mauls him.

Dabra was at least around the same strength as SS Gohan, if not SS2 Gohan. SS Gohan wrecked Tagoma. So Dabra will have no issues.

No way to tell.

Shula was stronger than, but not dimensions above, Goku from around the end of the RRA arc. Tambourine is waaaaay stronger than 22nd Budokai, who was confident that he had surpassed Goku from back then and was strong enough to equal him even after three additional years of training (he was wrong, of course, but still). Tambourine has this in the bag.

Those three at the village are probably a pretty good benchmark. They had battle powers of 3,000 each, compared to Radiz's 1,500. Yeah, the Green Machine wipes the floor with Raditz.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:53 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:

Jaco vs Kid Trunks?
Pual vs Oolong?
Dabura vs Tagoma?
Tamborine vs Shula?
Jaco
Um what?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:08 am

Bullza wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
Bullza wrote:People really think Golden Frieza could beat Hit without his Time Skip ability?

What about him being tough enough to withstand SSJB Goku Kaioken x10's attacks? Or even hurt him?
if this is before improvement hit, he is weaker than SSB
Wasn't Hits only improvement in extending his time skip? He was still strong enough to hurt SSJB Kaioken x10 and take hits from him.
It is heavily indicates that hit improved in power too. He goes from being weaker than SSB to being stronger than SSB.
He said he can't power up by transformation, only by improvement. Goku says hit's powered up hits are stronger, etc. If he was already stronger than SSB, there will not be any need for even time skip.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 am

Jaco vs Kid Trunks?
Pual vs Oolong?
Dabura vs Tagoma?
Tamborine vs Shula?
- Trunks and goten do what trunks did to mr satan.

- Puar is smarter in combat, thanks to experience with yamcha.

- Kid buu is too weak to compete with FF freeza.

- Tagoma turned to stone. Every battle with dabra will end that way.

- Dai kao was implied to be far above piccolo, who's ~= SS gohan. There is nothing to put dai kaio above perfect cell, or at best adult gohan. Kid gohan one-shots.

- Namekian stomps.
Smilodon wrote:
New fights:

No rules. Until one is dead:

Babidi vs Chaos
Tambourine vs Shula (I'm Still waiting :D)
Dende vs Satan
Olibe vs Kuririn (from Cell games)
Yakkon vs Future Trunks (who defeated Freeza) (same conditions that Goku fought him)
Goku SSJB from U6 tournament + Mystic Gohan (potara fusion) vs Beerus at 100%
Ginyu + Reecom (potara fusion) vs Piccolo after absorb Nail
Kid Gohan vs Dai Kaio Sama (I'm still waiting :D)
Vegeta vs That Big Worm inside Majin Boo (fighting inside boo of course)
-Babidi makes him his slave doll
-Dende
-Krillin
-Trunks slices Yakon in 135 pieces and burns them off.
- Goku becomes twice as strong, good , and kaioken x10 can now surpass beerus, but he also gets the jobber aura of gohan and therefore loses.
- Piccolo one-shots
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:27 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Jaco vs Kid Trunks?
Pual vs Oolong?
Dabura vs Tagoma?
Tamborine vs Shula?
Jaco
Um what?
I literally started that thought, went away to do something, came back, and continued my post without remembering that I never finished that sentence. Then I clicked "submit" without reviewing.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:59 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:I literally started that thought, went away to do something, came back, and continued my post without remembering that I never finished that sentence. Then I clicked "submit" without reviewing.
I see. That had me horribly confused.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:44 am

Vegeta vs Lord Slug (Gauntlet style)

All the versions of Namek Saga Vegeta will run the following Gauntlet how far does each version get?

Round 1: Slug's Henchmen
Round 2: Old Lord Slug
Round 3: Young Lord Slug
Round 4: Giant Lord Slug
Round 5: Every character from rounds 1-4 at the same time

Versions of Vegeta-

Vegeta (Vs Cui) Vegeta (Post Zarbon Zenkai) Vegeta (Post Recoome Zenkai) Vegeta (Post Nap Zenkai) Vegeta (Post Krillin/Dende Zenkai)

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:18 am

Pocket-God wrote:Vegeta vs Lord Slug (Gauntlet style)

All the versions of Namek Saga Vegeta will run the following Gauntlet how far does each version get?

Versions of Vegeta-

Vegeta (Vs Cui) Vegeta (Post Zarbon Zenkai) Vegeta (Post Recoome Zenkai) Vegeta (Post Nap Zenkai) Vegeta (Post Krillin/Dende Zenkai)
Stops at 1
Stops at 2
Stops at 3
Stops at 4
Clears
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Blocky

Post by Blocky » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 am

SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta vs Golden Frost and SSGSS Cabba

EX-Fusion of SSGSS Goku-SSGSS Vegeta-Hit-Golden Freeza vs Beerus.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:13 am

Blocky wrote:SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta vs Golden Frost and SSGSS Cabba
RF Freeza was able to match base Goku in his final form, Frost only needed his third/assault form to do that. So Golden Frost would presumably be waaay higher than Golden Freeza, like "the difference between 3rd and final form Freeza" higher. Even with a Kaioken I don't think Goku's winning this one.

Vegeta, meanwhile, should be evenly matched in power with his opponent but have considerably more stamina, so he'd win in the end.

Ultimately I think the difference between hypothetical Golden Frost and basically everyone else here is too much to overcome, even if he does suffer an energy-drain.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:53 am

Vegeta vs Lord Slug (Gauntlet style)

Versions of Vegeta-

Vegeta (Vs Cui) Vegeta (Post Zarbon Zenkai) Vegeta (Post Recoome Zenkai)
Slug's minions managed to beat Piccolo (who would pretty much have to be the "fused with Nail" version seeing as Freeza is known of/mentioned in the movie.) None of these Vegetas are going to do much against them, especially not fighting them all at once.
Vegeta (Post Nap Zenkai)
This is when he has his brief hand-grabbing clash with first-form Freeza right? Maybe he manages to take out the fat winged guy (his name was something like Dorodabo right? for some reason I see him just named as "Wings" in some places, but pretty sure that was never his name...) with some effort, based on how utterly outclassed he seemed to be by Piccolo... but either of Slug's other minions would still crush him.
Vegeta (Post Krillin/Dende Zenkai)
Beats all the minions.

Puts up a bit of a fight against old Slug (who told Goku that he might have had a chance before Slug was restored to his prime) but ultimately can't win unless he gets super lucky with a major blast (Gallic Gun/Final Flash type) or manages to pull Super Saiyan out of his ass. Or if Slug forgets to take his weird little vitamin pills that day and randomly drops dead from old age mid-fight, I suppose. XD

Young Slug beats the crap out of him, like he did to Goku but even worse; if he manages to luck out and transform into a Super Saiyan he should be able to win without too much trouble, but with how much stronger young Slug is, it's unlikely he'll get a chance before he's too badly wounded to keep fighting at all. Oh, and he'll need to actually maintain the transformation until Slug is dead -- if he goes back to base form and can't transform again right away (like Goku in the movie) he's screwed since he can't use the Spirit Bomb or Kaio-ken like Goku could. I don't think Vegeta would be as surprised to see that Slug is a Namekian as Goku was though, so if he does transform he probably wouldn't snap out of the form in that situation.

Same as above with Giant Slug, except Vegeta probably has even less of a chance of holding on long enough to transform into a Super Saiyan. Giant Slug seems to be very hard to kill even if you do have a power advantage over him based on how much Goku had to do to finally finish him off, though, so Vegeta (being weaker than Goku at this point in the story) might have to put forth some serious effort to finish him off even if he does go Super Saiyan during the fight. So you blasted a hole through his chest? Better look out behind you when you fly up in the air to finish him off with another blast (or the traditional Vegeta "barrage of regular blasts" move), there's gonna be a big green arm coming after you in a couple seconds...

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Captain Space wrote: RF Freeza was able to match base Goku in his final form, Frost only needed his third/assault form to do that. So Golden Frost would presumably be waaay higher than Golden Freeza, like "the difference between 3rd and final form Freeza" higher.
Well, we know it can't be quite that big. Freeza's final form is at 120 million, while his 3rd form was far inferior to post-zenkai Vegeta (he was confident in facing what he sensed from Freeza's initial final form power level, which should be way higher than that of his third form). Post-zenkai Vegeta was far inferior to base Goku, who was at 3 million... so 3rd form Freeza was probably under 2 million. Meaning the difference between 3rd form and 4th form is more than x60. Frost, on the other hand, goes from a bit stronger than base Goku in his Assault Form, to MUCH weaker than SS Goku in his final form. Goku has him beat in just a few punches, and Goku was heavily holding back.

Going by that, the difference between Frost's Assault Form and true form can't even be x40 or anywhere near it (as that'd put him on the same level as SS Goku, if he's slightly stronger than base Goku; a far cry from "Goku effortlessly trounces him in 1 minute with less than full power"). It might not even be x10. It's definitely not x60+, in any case.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:39 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Captain Space wrote: RF Freeza was able to match base Goku in his final form, Frost only needed his third/assault form to do that. So Golden Frost would presumably be waaay higher than Golden Freeza, like "the difference between 3rd and final form Freeza" higher.
Well, we know it can't be quite that big. Freeza's final form is at 120 million, while his 3rd form was far inferior to post-zenkai Vegeta (he was confident in facing what he sensed from Freeza's initial final form power level, which should be way higher than that of his third form). Post-zenkai Vegeta was far inferior to base Goku, who was at 3 million... so 3rd form Freeza was probably under 2 million. Meaning the difference between 3rd form and 4th form is more than x60. Frost, on the other hand, goes from a bit stronger than base Goku in his Assault Form, to MUCH weaker than SS Goku in his final form. Goku has him beat in just a few punches, and Goku was heavily holding back.

Going by that, the difference between Frost's Assault Form and true form can't even be x40 or anywhere near it (as that'd put him on the same level as SS Goku, if he's slightly stronger than base Goku; a far cry from "Goku effortlessly trounces him in 1 minute with less than full power"). It might not even be x10. It's definitely not x60+, in any case.
I think it's easier to go with the idea that Freeza's forms don't have set power boosts.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:50 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Well, we know it can't be quite that big. Freeza's final form is at 120 million, while his 3rd form was far inferior to post-zenkai Vegeta (he was confident in facing what he sensed from Freeza's initial final form power level, which should be way higher than that of his third form). Post-zenkai Vegeta was far inferior to base Goku, who was at 3 million... so 3rd form Freeza was probably under 2 million. Meaning the difference between 3rd form and 4th form is more than x60. Frost, on the other hand, goes from a bit stronger than base Goku in his Assault Form, to MUCH weaker than SS Goku in his final form. Goku has him beat in just a few punches, and Goku was heavily holding back.

Well...that logic only works if you use the 120 million and the x50 thing. But if that's what you go by, then yeah, I guess. I don't personally, but there's nothing to say they're outright wrong so whatever work.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Versions of Vegeta-

The first 2 Vegetas can't get past 1
The third Vegeta can get past 2, but loses badly to 3
The fourth and fifth Vegetas can't get past 4
Blocky wrote:SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta vs Golden Frost and SSGSS Cabba
Golden Frost solos

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Versions of Vegeta-

- Vegeta doesn't make it past Slug's goons until after the Ginyu fight.
- Vegeta (vs Jheese and first form Freeza) makes it past old Slug and hits a wall at young Slug. He needs that final healing boost, but once he gets it, he clears the list.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:18 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

I think it's easier to go with the idea that Freeza's forms don't have set power boosts.
That's what I go with. The forms are just arbitrarily ordered shells that Freeza created to make himself weaker. He can make them exactly as strong as he wants. The same should go for other members of his species.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

hellobooboo14
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hellobooboo14 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:24 pm

East Kaioshin
vs.
1. Ssj Grade 3 Trunks (Big Hulk version).
2. Three Cell Jrs.
3. Ssj Goku at 50% during Cell Games.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:27 pm

hellobooboo14 wrote:East Kaioshin
vs.
1. Ssj Grade 3 Trunks (Big Hulk version).
2. Three Cell Jrs.
3. Ssj Goku at 50% during Cell Games.
Kaioshin one shots all of them.