The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 am

How strong would a hypothetical Super Saiyan Rage Gohan be? Who would be the strongest character he can defeat?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 pm

wolflonnie wrote:Piccolo (ToP) vs Buutenks.
Piccolo one shots.
Bullza wrote:Super Saiyan Berserk Kale vs Pirina
Well, Kale was going to lose to a tired SSG Goku while Pirina held is own against Gohan and the latter rivals SSB Goku.

Pirina wins after a good fight.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:01 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Piccolo one shots.
Well, Kale was going to lose to a tired SSG Goku while Pirina held is own against Gohan and the latter rivals SSB Goku.

Now answer my question up above your comment
Caulifla best girl! :)

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Piccolo one shots.

How can Gohan rival SsjB Goku if a heavily suppressed Toppo took the crap out of him. And the first one is so wrong, there's no way Piccolo's stronger than Buutenks.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:How strong would a hypothetical Super Saiyan Rage Gohan be? Who would be the strongest character he can defeat?
He would be much stronger than SsjR Trunks and would probably be the strongest fighter in the tournament aside from Jiren, Goku, Vegeta and Toppo's full power (which is God of destruction tier).

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:How strong would a hypothetical Super Saiyan Rage Gohan be? Who would be the strongest character he can defeat?
I don't think it would stack on Mystic, but if it does... oh boy oh man. I think he would be perhaps as strong as Jiren, or even Angel tier.
Given that Gohan ultimate is comparable to Godku, and so is base Kefla, SS Rage is a huge boost compared to SSJ2. It propelled Trunks to SSJ3 tier to Blue tier, so Gohan's jump would be quite big as well.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
Piccolo one shots.

How can Gohan rival SsjB Goku if a heavily suppressed Toppo took the crap out of him. And the first one is so wrong, there's no way Piccolo's stronger than Buutenks.
Citation needed

Piccolo is that strong, even stronger in fact. Base Goku was barely able to endure his shockwave in E90 and that Goku is way stronger than base Copy Vegeta who trashed Gotenks.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 am

Who has better damage soak;

Goku vs Luffy
Vegeta vs Batman
Goku vs Superman
Gohan vs Spider-Man

These aren't fights, but specifically comparing damage soak, i.e. the determination, will power, and pain threshold to fight through physical pain and fatigue. This isn't a contest of durability, imagine the same damage is dealt to each character, i.e. if Spider-Man can fight after being shot in the stomach, can Gohan also fight if he is pierced by a death beam?

Also these aren't any specific version of each character. Just the character and your perception of them in general.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:20 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Who has better damage soak;

Goku vs Luffy
Vegeta vs Batman
Goku vs Superman
Gohan vs Spider-Man

These aren't fights, but specifically comparing damage soak, i.e. the determination, will power, and pain threshold to fight through physical pain and fatigue. This isn't a contest of durability, imagine the same damage is dealt to each character, i.e. if Spider-Man can fight after being shot in the stomach, can Gohan also fight if he is pierced by a death beam?

Also these aren't any specific version of each character. Just the character and your perception of them in general.
Idk about round 1 since i don't watch OP.

Round 2 goes for Vegeta. His multiple feats of surviving, especially on the Saiyan Arc, are above anything Batman ever showed.

Round 3 goes for Superman. Abin Sur's ring originally chose Superman over Hal Jordan, what implies he has the willpower of a Green Lantern. I don't remember much feats of outright damage soaking though, but his amout of willpower should be above Goku's feats.

Round 4 is Spiderman, easily. Gohan wanted to give up during the beam struggle with Cell, whereas Spiderman found the force to lift tons in "If this be my destiny'.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: Piccolo one shots.

Citation needed

Piccolo is that strong, even stronger in fact. Base Goku was barely able to endure his shockwave in E90 and that Goku is way stronger than base Copy Vegeta who trashed Gotenks.
So Ganos is stronger than Ssj3 Gotenks? Tupper? Zoiray? Basil? And all those fodders who were giving Goku trouble in the tournament?

I don't know why you underlined my sentence about Toppo. Gohan isn't Blue tier at all and his fight from last episode shows it.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

I agree. Gohan is not blue tier. Gohan was said to be equal to Android 17 by a writer, and in the manga we have Android 17 fighting SSJ3 Goku equally. Then we have Toppo being superior to both Android 17 and Gohan together. That certainly implies that neither Gohan and Android 17 are SSJ Blue Goku level at all, let alone Blue Kaioken X2.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 pm

SSJ2 Kafla vs SSJB Vegeta(Pride boost)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:54 am

Zamasu55 wrote: So Ganos is stronger than Ssj3 Gotenks? Tupper? Zoiray? Basil? And all those fodders who were giving Goku trouble in the tournament?

I don't know why you underlined my sentence about Toppo. Gohan isn't Blue tier at all and his fight from last episode shows it.
No.

Ganos never gave Goku trouble.

Tupper only have gave him trouble because he grabbed Goku and increased his weight. Zoiray just tag along and attacked while Goku was grabbed.

The U9 guys gave him trouble because they tag team him.

Show me where it was stated that Toppo was "heavily surppressed".

Gohan is Blue level. If you have a problem with that argue with the narrator.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:45 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: So Ganos is stronger than Ssj3 Gotenks? Tupper? Zoiray? Basil? And all those fodders who were giving Goku trouble in the tournament?

No.

Ganos never gave Goku trouble.

Tupper only have gave him trouble because he grabbed Goku and increased his weight. Zoiray just tag along and attacked while Goku was grabbed.

The U9 guys gave him trouble because they tag team him.

Show me where it was stated that Toppo was "heavily surppressed".

Gohan is Blue level. If you have a problem with that argue with the narrator.
Ganos, whose base was getting humiliated by Master Roshi, traded blows with Base Goku.

Still gave him trouble.

And? If the three earthlings who showed up at the Cell Games attacked Cell together, do you think they woul have survived for more than 5 seconds?!

Toppo will fight seriously in a couple of episodes. The current one is the same who was losing to both Goku and Vegeta, but it is indeed a suppressed Toppo because his real power rivals a God of destuction.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Ganos, whose base was getting humiliated by Master Roshi, traded blows with Base Goku.

Still gave him trouble.

And? If the three earthlings who showed up at the Cell Games attacked Cell together, do you think they woul have survived for more than 5 seconds?!

Toppo will fight seriously in a couple of episodes. The current one is the same who was losing to both Goku and Vegeta, but it is indeed a suppressed Toppo because his real power rivals a God of destuction.
Goku was obviously not going all out against both of them, come on.

You can give stronger oppontents trouble with abilities, there's nothing wrong with that...

You are forgetting that this is a tournament where you cant kill and need to conserve energy.

Toppo is not as strong as a GoD. [spoiler]Yet.[/spoiler]

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Ultimate Gohan vs Dyspo vs Android 17.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Spider-Man wrote:Ultimate Gohan vs Dyspo vs Android 17.
Android 17 is likely the strongest as far as power goes.

Feats:

Android 17 blitzed straight through an attack that was pushing back 5 SSB-tier fighters, after pushing it back a good amount.

A suppressed Android 17 (suppressed by a good amount going by facial expressions) gave a suppressed SSB Goku a great match.

Android 17 was able to briefly tangle with Toppo, while Gohan, despite initiating a sneak attack, was thrown aside like nothing.

Android 17 was able to tank Gohan's Kamehameha (no barrier halfway through) without a scratch.

In short, Android 17 is more or less close to Universe 6 SSB-tier in my opinion. Could be a tad stronger or weaker, but that realm of power seems about right.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 pm

'ASSB' Vegeta [ep. 123]

VS.

UI Goku [ep. 110]

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:47 am

Galan007 wrote:'ASSB' Vegeta [ep. 123]

VS.

UI Goku [ep. 110]
Goku

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
place your bets fellas..

For a UI user, power shouldn't be a concern
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:43 am

SSJ2 Kefla vs SSJKKx20 Goku