The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:10 am

New Battles:

Fat Buu (pre-training) vs Botomo

Android 18 vs SSJ Caulifla

Piccolo vs Magetta
Caulifla best girl! :)

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:00 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:New Battles:

Piccolo vs Magetta
- This fight would end in a tie because Botamo can't be damaged, but at the same time he's not strong enough to take down Good Buu.

- Caulfila should be superior.

- I can't really see Piccolo taking down an opponent like this tbf. Even SsjB Vegeta decided to insult him rather than fight him. Magetta wins.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Piccolo vs Magetta
- Its a draw

- Base Caulifla is enough, SSJ Caulifla stomps

- Magetta with high-difficultly

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Buu turns him to candy or absorbs him.
Caulifla. As a ssj she should at the very least be above perfect Cell.
Piccolo vs Magetta
Magetta is too durable, but if Piccolo insults him he can incapacitate him. Or maybe he can special beam canon him through the chest.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:32 pm

dragon boss z wrote:As you know I think base saiyans are weaker than Namek Frieza, but even if you ignore that, wasn't Piccolo able to put up a good fight against the Cell jr? And a stronger version of Piccolo said Shin was a dimension above him.
So that should mean cell games Piccolo<=Cell jr.<=>buu saga Piccolo<Shin
Also in the Super manga Shin survive a hit from Dabura who is perfect Cell tier end was able to hold him in place with TK so Trunks could kill him.
Not stated nor implied. Cell only says Vegeta and Trunks were fighting back. He was only standing, what doesn't mean much against a playful opponent. The earthlings survived multiple blows from the Jrs.

Surviving a punch doesn't mean much. A weakened Base Goku survived a headbutt from a enraged 50% Freeza. One shoting is rather inconsistent when needed by the plot.

Shin also paralyzed SSJ2 Gohan, who i think we both agree is far above the Kaioshin. Shin used the Paralysis art to stop Dabra, the same technique Chaozu and Blur used to stop Goku, Gurdo used to stop Gohan and Kuririn, etc.
kn83 wrote:The base saiyans (Buu arc) are not stronger than Shin (who is stronger than Buu saga Piccolo, who at least surpassed Semi-Cell in the ROSAT during the Cell arc), no way in hell.
And what says Base Saiyans can't be stronger than Shin, Piccolo or Semi Cell?

Nothing implies Piccolo ever surpassed #16, let alone 2nd form Cell.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:15 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:As you know I think base saiyans are weaker than Namek Frieza, but even if you ignore that, wasn't Piccolo able to put up a good fight against the Cell jr? And a stronger version of Piccolo said Shin was a dimension above him.
So that should mean cell games Piccolo<=Cell jr.<=>buu saga Piccolo<Shin
Also in the Super manga Shin survive a hit from Dabura who is perfect Cell tier end was able to hold him in place with TK so Trunks could kill him.
Not stated nor implied. Cell only says Vegeta and Trunks were fighting back. He was only standing, what doesn't mean much against a playful opponent. The earthlings survived multiple blows from the Jrs.

Surviving a punch doesn't mean much. A weakened Base Goku survived a headbutt from a enraged 50% Freeza. One shoting is rather inconsistent when needed by the plot.

Shin also paralyzed SSJ2 Gohan, who i think we both agree is far above the Kaioshin. Shin used the Paralysis art to stop Dabra, the same technique Chaozu and Blur used to stop Goku, Gurdo used to stop Gohan and Kuririn, etc.
kn83 wrote:The base saiyans (Buu arc) are not stronger than Shin (who is stronger than Buu saga Piccolo, who at least surpassed Semi-Cell in the ROSAT during the Cell arc), no way in hell.
And what says Base Saiyans can't be stronger than Shin, Piccolo or Semi Cell?

Nothing implies Piccolo ever surpassed #16, let alone 2nd form Cell.
Stop downplaying Piccolo. Piccolo in both the manga and the anime of the Cell games was abled to fight-off 3 Cell Jrs (who are relative to ASSJ level characters) for a little bit (Vegeta and Trunks only fought one each), so he is clearly already way stronger than Semi-Cell by feats in the Cell games and has obviously gotten even better in the 7 year gap (since he trains just as much as Goku and Vegeta as confirmed by Toriyama).

Meanwhile, the base saiyans in the Buu arc arguably haven't even surpassed 100% Frieza (I don't personally believe that but it's debatable). So there is no way in hell the base saiyans of the Buu arc are stronger than Piccolo and especially Shin.
Last edited by kn83 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Not stated nor implied. Cell only says Vegeta and Trunks were fighting back. He was only standing, what doesn't mean much against a playful opponent. The earthlings survived multiple blows from the Jrs.
Ya, I guess in the manga it didn't really show his fight with them. Though I think after the 7 year time gap Piccolo at the very least be close enough to Cell jr. level as to where Shin being dimensions above him plus having kai powers would give him the edge over a Cell jr.
Ya, but usually when the power difference is big enough stuff like that can be broken out of. I would say Shin is somewhere between Piccolo and ssj Gohan level, and if he is stronger than Piccolo and has the power to freeze ssj2 level opponents, I don't see why he can't freeze a Cell jr. and power up an attack to finish him off. Though Shin never gets any respect so if I could see him losing just because of that, lol.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 pm

kn83 wrote: Stop downplaying Piccolo. Piccolo in both the manga and the anime of the Cell games was abled to fight-off 3 Cell Jrs (who are relative to ASSJ level characters) for a little bit (Vegeta and Trunks only fought one each), so he is clearly already way stronger than Semi-Cell by feats in the Cell games and has obviously gotten even better in the 7 year gap (since he trains just as much as Goku and Vegeta as confirmed by Toriyama).
Just a little correction, in the manga the fight of Piccolo was never seen, the bit of him fighting 3 Cell Jrs was anime only.

However, I do agree with you and everyone else who thinks Piccolo is not as weak as some others think he is. We know that he is weaker than the Perfect Cell that Vegeta and Trunks fought (and to extent, 50% MSSJ Goku), and Goku saying that Piccolo was on an entirely different level, as well as him being able to stand the Cell Jrs, if he got similar increases to Vegeta in the first ROSAT training, then Piccolo should at least be around ASSJ Vegeta (1st ROSAT) tier, making him much stronger than Semi Perfect Cell and all the androids. 7 years of training, while the increases wouldn't be that big, he would reach the Cell Jr tier quite easily, but would still be outclassed by Shin, who should be close to MSSJ Goku from the Cell Games at most.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:03 pm

UI Omen Goku (first trigger) vs Vegito Blue
Frost (U6 arc) vs Great Ape Baby
Majuub vs Slim Buu
Future Zamasu vs Mastered Berzerk Kale
Current Gohan vs SSB Copy-Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:11 am

Piccolo vs Magetta
1. Is a draw like was mentioned before

2. Android 18 gets absolutely destroyed before Caulifla even goes SSJ but it doesnt really matter because 17 would come by and whoop her anyway in this hypothetical scenario.

3. Magetta wins easily

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 am

Piccolo vs Magetta

As someone already mentioned here, Fat Buu would just turn him into candy and eat him.

I think people are downplaying 18 here, especially the user above me. Base Caulifla is enough? Just no. Base Caulifla was getting destroyed by the pride troopers who a suppressed Android 18 was handing with ease. Caulifla also had to go SSJ against Napapa, who was previously defeated quite easily by Final Form Freeza, and Basil (who's around Base Goku level) was putting up a good fight against him. Caulifla also shouldn't be that much stronger than Cabba, and SSJ Cabba was getting destroyed by an opponent base Vegeta easily blew away. A love powered 18 managed to defeat Ribrianne's strongest form very easily, and while I know Ribrianne is very inconsistent when it comes to power scalling, even in her worst showing she was still blocking attacks from base Vegeta and made him serious and angry. And that was her worst showing. Imo, SS2 Caulifla > 18 > Ribrianne > SSJ Caulifla.

Magetta stomps.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:47 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:

Piccolo vs Magetta

As someone already mentioned here, Fat Buu would just turn him into candy and eat him.

I think people are downplaying 18 here, especially the user above me. Base Caulifla is enough? Just no. Base Caulifla was getting destroyed by the pride troopers who a suppressed Android 18 was handing with ease. Caulifla also had to go SSJ against Napapa, who was previously defeated quite easily by Final Form Freeza, and Basil (who's around Base Goku level) was putting up a good fight against him. Caulifla also shouldn't be that much stronger than Cabba, and SSJ Cabba was getting destroyed by an opponent base Vegeta easily blew away. A love powered 18 managed to defeat Ribrianne's strongest form very easily, and while I know Ribrianne is very inconsistent when it comes to power scalling, even in her worst showing she was still blocking attacks from base Vegeta and made him serious and angry. And that was her worst showing. Imo, SS2 Caulifla > 18 > Ribrianne > SSJ Caulifla.

Magetta stomps.
Caulifla clearly is a considerable degree above Cabba (at least in the anime). Remember that in the Champa arc that base Cabba was able to match base Vegeta (who surpassed BoG SSJG Goku), and Caulfila was introduced as being stronger than current base Cabba. Whereas nothing in the ToP suggest that 18 or Ribrianne are even BoG Goku level. Based on that, base Caulifla should easily stomp 18.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:09 am

kn83 wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:

Piccolo vs Magetta

Magetta stomps.
Caulifla clearly is a considerable degree above Cabba (at least in the anime). Remember that in the Champa arc that base Cabba was able to match base Vegeta (who surpassed BoG SSJG Goku), and Caulfila was introduced as being stronger than current base Cabba. Whereas nothing in the ToP suggest that 18 or Ribrianne are even BoG Goku level. Based on that, base Caulifla should easily stomp 18.
Yes, I know Caulifla is stronger than Cabba, but the gap between them shouldn't be that big. If Caulifla's base form is much stronger than Cabba's, why didn't Vados and Champa try to recruit her for the U6 vs U7 tournament, and not know about her at all? Base Vegeta is much stronger in the ToP arc then he was in the Champa arc. As I said, base Vegeta easily blasted an opponent away that was stronger than SSJ Cabba. Ribrianne in her worst showing was still able to block attacks from base Vegeta and make him angry and frustrated, and that's ignoring all of her other moments like going toe to toe against SSJ Vegeta while laughing, or breaking 17's barrier and fight with him on par. How does that not make Ribrianne above BoG Goku level? And 18 defeated Ribrianne's Strongest form incredibly easily without much of a difficulty. Base Caulifla was also unable to land a hit on Kettol, who fought on par with Shosa, who was weaker than 18. There's no way base Caulifla stomps 18.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:25 am

SSJG Goku vs 17 & Mystic Gohan

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:19 pm

kn83 wrote:Stop downplaying Piccolo. Piccolo in both the manga and the anime of the Cell games was abled to fight-off 3 Cell Jrs (who are relative to ASSJ level characters) for a little bit (Vegeta and Trunks only fought one each), so he is clearly already way stronger than Semi-Cell by feats in the Cell games and has obviously gotten even better in the 7 year gap (since he trains just as much as Goku and Vegeta as confirmed by Toriyama).

Meanwhile, the base saiyans in the Buu arc arguably haven't even surpassed 100% Frieza (I don't personally believe that but it's debatable). So there is no way in hell the base saiyans of the Buu arc are stronger than Piccolo and especially Shin.
How am i downplaying Piccolo is he's featless? Him facing 3 Cell Jrs is filler. Piccolo was fighting only one Cell Jr and even there he was barely holding himself up.

As for his gains on the 7 years, i dunno how strong he did get. Fusing with Kami clearly affected his personality, and Kami is known for neglecting his training. Not saying Piccolo didn't train, but his gains probably were little to none.

Gohan and Vegeta agreed on fighting in Base, even though both were aware that Piccolo was entering. That certainly speaks volumes about how they compare to Piccolo.

Shin was also considered fodder on the Spaceship, where the Saiyans fought in base for like 2/3 of the gauntlet. He acted like Base Saiyans and Babidi's minions were gods to him.
dragon boss z wrote: Ya, I guess in the manga it didn't really show his fight with them. Though I think after the 7 year time gap Piccolo at the very least be close enough to Cell jr. level as to where Shin being dimensions above him plus having kai powers would give him the edge over a Cell jr.Ya, but usually when the power difference is big enough stuff like that can be broken out of. I would say Shin is somewhere between Piccolo and ssj Gohan level, and if he is stronger than Piccolo and has the power to freeze ssj2 level opponents, I don't see why he can't freeze a Cell jr. and power up an attack to finish him off. Though Shin never gets any respect so if I could see him losing just because of that, lol.
Dunno. I think if Piccolo progressed that much in power it would certainly be implied. Last time we checked he probably maxs out at SSJG2 Vegeta level.

But yeah, Shin would definitely be able to beat a Jr with those techniques. That Kiai he used on Boo (The one that made his eyes glow) looked really powerful. I always forget how his skills would be useful against MSSJ/low SSJ2 characters. Mostly because Shin himself forgot his skills on the spaceship. Shin could probably win 1 or 2 out of 10 matches against a Jr.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:SSJG Goku vs 17 & Mystic Gohan
Based off the anime 17 probably solos. Together they should definitely win. To beat both of them together Goku would probably even need SSB kaioken.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:22 am

Both No.17 and Gohan should probably be able to dismantle SSJG albeit with some moderate difficulty. Gohan was having Dyspo, who's arguably around the ballpark of SSJG-SSJB speed aside, on his wits end in close quarters combat. No.17 was giving Pride Trooper Toppo some noticeable difficulty with his ki spam and is a rather pragmatic fighter in his own right. With picture perfect teamwork, I could see No.17 trapping Goku in his barrier while Gohan finishes the job.

Universe 6 Saiyans vs Trio De Dangers
Cabba v. Lavender
Caulifla vs Bergamo
SSJ (no Berserk) Kale vs. Basil

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
Both No.17 and Gohan should probably be able to dismantle SSJG albeit with some moderate difficulty. Gohan was having Dyspo, who's arguably around the ballpark of SSJG-SSJB speed aside, on his wits end in close quarters combat. No.17 was giving Pride Trooper Toppo some noticeable difficulty with his ki spam and is a rather pragmatic fighter in his own right. With picture perfect teamwork, I could see No.17 trapping Goku in his barrier while Gohan finishes the job.

Cabba v. Lavender
Caulifla vs Bergamo
I agree with your perspective about the match above.

Universe 6 Saiyans vs. Trio De Dangers? I think SS2 Caulifla or Kale would be able to handle all of them alone. Individually, even Cabba would do. Unless you are not counting Super Saiyan? Then, they would have more difficulty. Though, I believe Caulifla or even Cabba would manage something. Kale though probably needs Super Saiyan.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:

Cabba v. Lavender
Caulifla vs Bergamo
I agree with your perspective about the match above.

Universe 6 Saiyans vs. Trio De Dangers? I think SS2 Caulifla or Kale would be able to handle all of them alone. Individually, even Cabba would do. Unless you are not counting Super Saiyan? Then, they would have more difficulty. Though, I believe Caulifla or even Cabba would manage something. Kale though probably needs Super Saiyan.
True. Kale's base is lower than the other 2, though she may have gotten a big zenkai after that blast from Jiren.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 pm

did you mean the current SSJG goku or the when he just got the form?

If you mean the current iteration then I think it is close because of course I believe Goku is stronger than either of them but I think the two of them could probably find a way to handle goku. I think that Goku was moderately suppressed when he fought both of them during the recruitment arc and both of them could do absolutely nothing against Toppo outside of stall him with 17's infinite energy. They knew they had no chance of winning in an actual fight. So like I said I believe goku is stronger than either of them individually but he would probably lose against the pair.