The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu May 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Rage Trunks vs RoF Golden Freeza, Who is stronger?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:53 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:
supercat wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:Videl vs Ranfan
Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super) vs Nuova Shenron
#18 (Universal survival saga) vs Perfect Cell
Piccolo (Universe survival saga) vs SSJ Cabba
This is a total mismatch Cell would be completely destroyed in a matter of seconds. Android 18 is comparable to Base Goku, who by that point should be stronger than a hypothetical SSJ3 Vegetto from the Buu saga. She also defeated Giant Ribrianne, who is presumably a good deal stronger than she was when she tangled with Base Goku. Even if we assume Base Goku was holding back, Ribrianne shouldn't be that far off as Goku did appear to have had some trouble. So going off of that we can deduce that Android 18 is on the low end a tad weaker than Base Goku, and on the high end, a bit stronger than him.

Piccolo is only comparable to Base Goku (ToP) at best. He would likely get wrecked after a decent fight.

Base Goku (ToP) / Base Vegeta (ToP) > SSJ3 Vegeto (Buu saga) > / = Android 18 (after flashback) > Giant Ribrianne > Piccolo > Android 18 (before flashback) > Ribrianne > / = SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga)
Is 18 really that strong now? I didn't know that i'm so sorry.
Yeah things have gotten really crazy really fast in the ToP arc. Almost anything from Z is a fly compared to a lot of the characters in Super at this point in time.
Zamasu55 wrote:
supercat wrote:
This is a total mismatch Cell would be completely destroyed in a matter of seconds. Android 18 is comparable to Base Goku, who by that point should be stronger than a hypothetical SSJ3 Vegetto from the Buu saga. She also defeated Giant Ribrianne, who is presumably a good deal stronger than she was when she tangled with Base Goku. Even if we assume Base Goku was holding back, Ribrianne shouldn't be that far off as Goku did appear to have had some trouble. So going off of that we can deduce that Android 18 is on the low end a tad weaker than Base Goku, and on the high end, a bit stronger than him.
So Android 18 is stronger than Vegetto now. After a 5 minute spar with Krillin. What a time to be alive.
I mean I'm sure it wasn't from a 5 minute sparring match with Krillin. Android 18 seeing significant screen time/fighting time was 13 in-universe years ago so for her to gain that much power in 13 years isn't really THAT outlandish. Look at what 17 did in those 13 years. the Androids have insane potential that is just what it is.
Videl can fly and what not so I think she wins.
It depends if we are discussing Super Saiyan Rage Trunks or not. If we are, then he wins fairly easily. If we are talking SSJ2 Future Trunks, then he gets slaughtered.
18 one shots with her pinky finger accidentally.
I think Cabba wins. He was even with SSJ Vegeta during the U6 arc for the most part and I don't think you could say the same about Piccolo.
Last edited by PFM18 on Thu May 31, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu May 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Future Trunks destroys anything from GT and thats in his normal ss2 form not even needing rage.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu May 31, 2018 7:00 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Rage Trunks vs RoF Golden Freeza, Who is stronger?
Even without Frieza's stamina issues, Trunks wins with minimal difficulty. Trunks was able to tangle with Goku Black and Future Zamasu, while showing that he wasn't that far behind Goku and Vegeta, both of whom had powered up drastically since RoF.

Trunks vs Golden Frieza from the Tournament of Power would be a completely different story though. Both Android 17 and Golden Frieza were roughly on par with an SSB Goku that had gotten at least 10x stronger since the universe 6 tournament.

SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (start of ToP) / Android 17 / Golden Frieza = Super Saiyan Rose Black (after losing to Vegeta) > Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black (before losing to Vegeta) > SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (before final Zamasu battle) > / = Super Saiyan Rage Trunks > SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (Universe 6 tournament) > Future Zamasu > / = Golden Frieza (RoF) > SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (RoF)

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Even without Frieza's stamina issues, Trunks wins with minimal difficulty. Trunks was able to tangle with Goku Black and Future Zamasu, while showing that he wasn't that far behind Goku and Vegeta, both of whom had powered up drastically since RoF.

Trunks vs Golden Frieza from the Tournament of Power would be a completely different story though. Both Android 17 and Golden Frieza were roughly on par with an SSB Goku that had gotten at least 10x stronger since the universe 6 tournament.

SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (start of ToP) / Android 17 / Golden Frieza = Super Saiyan Rose Black (after losing to Vegeta) > Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black (before losing to Vegeta) > SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (before final Zamasu battle) > / = Super Saiyan Rage Trunks > SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (Universe 6 tournament) > Future Zamasu > / = Golden Frieza (RoF) > SSB Goku / SSB Vegeta (RoF)

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 31, 2018 8:50 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Future Trunks destroys anything from GT and thats in his normal ss2 form not even needing rage.
SS2?
Pff! 0.00001% base is enough! Even DBS Krillin can beat Gogeta SSJ4!

Oh god...
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu May 31, 2018 9:01 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Future Trunks destroys anything from GT and thats in his normal ss2 form not even needing rage.
SS2?
Pff! 0.00001% base is enough! Even DBS Krillin can beat Gogeta SSJ4!

Oh god...

Except krillin never fought future zamasu or goku black multiple times in his ss2 form. Trunks did and that alone puts him above anything in gt

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:01 pm

I lean towards Rage Trunks in a close one. It would be cool to see that fight though.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 am

Current Golden Freeza absolutely destroys any mortal not named Goku or Jiren..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:53 am

PFM18 wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
supercat wrote:

Piccolo is only comparable to Base Goku (ToP) at best. He would likely get wrecked after a decent fight.

Base Goku (ToP) / Base Vegeta (ToP) > SSJ3 Vegeto (Buu saga) > / = Android 18 (after flashback) > Giant Ribrianne > Piccolo > Android 18 (before flashback) > Ribrianne > / = SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga)
Yeah things have gotten really crazy really fast in the ToP arc. Almost anything from Z is a fly compared to a lot of the characters in Super at this point in time.
Zamasu55 wrote:
supercat wrote:
So Android 18 is stronger than Vegetto now. After a 5 minute spar with Krillin. What a time to be alive.
I mean I'm sure it wasn't from a 5 minute sparring match with Krillin. Android 18 seeing significant screen time/fighting time was 13 in-universe years ago so for her to gain that much power in 13 years isn't really THAT outlandish. Look at what 17 did in those 13 years. the Androids have insane potential that is just what it is.
Are you joking? She did nothing during those 13 years, she only had a 2 mins spar with Krillin before entering the ToP.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:16 am

BlueVegerot wrote: Except krillin never fought future zamasu or goku black multiple times in his ss2 form. Trunks did and that alone puts him above anything in gt
That's just shitty writing and stupid plot armor to make weak characters somewhat relevant.
It's not just about Trunks being strong. Goku and Vegeta are just weak. Goku basically uses Blue for everyone and in base he struggles with weaklings like Roshi. Goku actually needed protection suit to go into Earth's core saying he will die otherwise.

And who said Goku Black could beat everyone in GT? I can't see him beating Super 17 (in his powered-up state), he would beat Baby at best.
Trunks clearly confirmed that Dabura was TOUGH. And even if it was long time ago, he still lives in destroyed world without anyone to train with and without time chambers and other things like that. You can't seriously believe that Trunks could beat fused SSJ4, even with Rage.

DBS Trunks SS2 wouldn't survive a second against Omega Shenron just like GT Goku SS2 wouldn't beat Fused Zamasu and that's a fact.
Saying Trunks could beat Gogeta is as dumb as saying Pan could beat Golden Frieza.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:38 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: So Android 18 is stronger than Vegetto now. After a 5 minute spar with Krillin. What a time to be alive.
Are you joking? She did nothing during those 13 years, she only had a 2 mins spar with Krillin before entering the ToP.
Do you know that for certain? No you dont. It has been 13 years. Thats a very long time. Even if she trained casually periodically it would amount to massive gains based on what we know about the Androids now.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Yeah no. Hit, Vegeta and Toppo would clobber him

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:05 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote: Except krillin never fought future zamasu or goku black multiple times in his ss2 form. Trunks did and that alone puts him above anything in gt
That's just shitty writing and stupid plot armor to make weak characters somewhat relevant.
It's not just about Trunks being strong. Goku and Vegeta are just weak. Goku basically uses Blue for everyone and in base he struggles with weaklings like Roshi. Goku actually needed protection suit to go into Earth's core saying he will die otherwise.

And who said Goku Black could beat everyone in GT? I can't see him beating Super 17 (in his powered-up state), he would beat Baby at best.
Trunks clearly confirmed that Dabura was TOUGH. And even if it was long time ago, he still lives in destroyed world without anyone to train with and without time chambers and other things like that. You can't seriously believe that Trunks could beat fused SSJ4, even with Rage.

DBS Trunks SS2 wouldn't survive a second against Omega Shenron just like GT Goku SS2 wouldn't beat Fused Zamasu and that's a fact.
Saying Trunks could beat Gogeta is as dumb as saying Pan could beat Golden Frieza.

But its not dumb, goku in base in the ft arc was > SSG Goku from BoG arc. trunks was a match for ss2 goku at the start of that arc which would instantly put him above gt characters

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:09 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Naah, Freeza is way tougher than any of those, the amount of beating he can take and hakai's he can resist is next to none, Hit is a different story, the fight can go anywhere depending on Freeza's knowledge of his techniques..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Current Golden Freeza absolutely destroys any mortal not named Goku or Jiren..
Naah, Freeza is way tougher than any of those, the amount of beating he can take and hakai's he can resist is next to none, Hit is a different story, the fight can go anywhere depending on Freeza's knowledge of his techniques..

Toppo made freeza his personal toy in episode 125, Vegeta then overpowered that same toppo who casually bodied freeza.

Freeza couldn't even handle dyspo speed, hits techniques would wreck him especially if he was allowed to kill

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:30 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:

But its not dumb, goku in base in the ft arc was > SSG Goku from BoG arc. trunks was a match for ss2 goku at the start of that arc which would instantly put him above gt characters
If base Goku was anywhere near his SSJG from BoG then he would beat Beerus using SSJ or SSJ2 at best.

And again, who said SSJG from BoG is even in GT characters tier?

And if Goku is so strong why he struggled with weakened Gohan? Why his SSJ couldn't handle Ultimate Gohan? Why was he struggling with characters like Roshi?
Why was he afraid to go into Earth's core without protection suit? He clearly said that he would die there. If his base was so strong he would do that considering SSJ4 Goku pre limit-break was said to be able to survive sun's temperature which is even higher. Not to mention that he could just use SSJ Blue. He uses it for everything anyway, even to use instant transmission and catch #17 in space.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:42 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Do you know that for certain? No you dont. It has been 13 years. Thats a very long time. Even if she trained casually periodically it would amount to massive gains based on what we know about the Androids now.
Mate, you're seriously grasping at straws.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:58 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:

If base Goku was anywhere near his SSJG from BoG then he would beat Beerus using SSJ or SSJ2 at best.

And again, who said SSJG from BoG is even in GT characters tier?

And if Goku is so strong why he struggled with weakened Gohan? Why his SSJ couldn't handle Ultimate Gohan? Why was he struggling with characters like Roshi?
Why was he afraid to go into Earth's core without protection suit? He clearly said that he would die there. If his base was so strong he would do that considering SSJ4 Goku pre limit-break was said to be able to survive sun's temperature which is even higher. Not to mention that he could just use SSJ Blue. He uses it for everything anyway, even to use instant transmission and catch #17 in space.

beerus wasn't even trying vs goku in bog. this was made clear when whis compared goku and vegeta to tree stumps and beerus to a castle way in the sky

Gohan got a lot stronger via his training with piccolo

Goku vs ssj gohan was a casual sparring match

Goku was holding back massively vs roshi unless you think goku wanted to kill him.

goku spamming blue doesn't cheapen its power, full power of ssb is enough to impress gods of destructions, most of the time he just uses it to test his opponents/motivate them.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:51 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
beerus wasn't even trying vs goku in bog. this was made clear when whis compared goku and vegeta to tree stumps and beerus to a castle way in the sky

Gohan got a lot stronger via his training with piccolo

Goku vs ssj gohan was a casual sparring match

Goku was holding back massively vs roshi unless you think goku wanted to kill him.

goku spamming blue doesn't cheapen its power, full power of ssb is enough to impress gods of destructions, most of the time he just uses it to test his opponents/motivate them.
Still, Beerus was forced to use some power and it was obviously more than just 1%.
Gohan trained for few hours. It was clearly stated he got his old power back. Piccolo wanted to see the same power he used on Buu and he got that. He isn't that much stronger. Don't try to tell me he got like 500 times stronger in matter of few days just because he trained with Piccolo. He barely could turn SSJ year before that.
Even Future Trunks said that Cell saga Gohan was stronger than him.

And everything still doesn't change a fact that Goku is scared of Earth's core and can't survive such heat.
"Goku was holding back" is the common excuse for DBS shitty writing. Especially when you can clearly see him struggle and iirc Tien was in danger.

The fact is, Goku and Vegeta in Super are weak without their god forms.

Also, explain to me, why was it said that Kibitokai can't heal someone as powerful as SSJ4 Goku, yet unexperienced, unfused and mortal Future Trunks could heal SSJ Blue Goku? He used almost all of his power, but he did it. Future Zamasu also easily healed SSJ Rose Goku Black. But Kibitokai couldn't.

And remember, healing and just giving someone your power isn't the same thing.
Just because Future Trunks might be stronger than Kibitokai doesn't mean his healing powers are stronger as well.