The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:52 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Not what i had i mind exactly. The Kili Meter indeed can only pick up one Ki signature, but it would pick the strongest one, as it did when Babidi used it to measure SSJ Goku's power.
Not to mention they can sense energy based on what they did when the Z Fighters were hidden behind the mountain. There's no reason to assume they don't know how strong Roshi is when they certainly have the means to do so. They don't even have to know who Roshi is.
That just sounds like a big leap of faith. I doubt Toriyama thought about that at all. They were expected to be able to beat regular humans, which they could, nothing else was shown.
Not stronger than Nappa, but certainly stronger than Raditz. Stuff like Babidi sending them to collect energy to the Budokai supports them being quite strong for Pre Z standards. As for him being > Radiz, don't see anything that even contradicts it. It's not like we ever saw Spopovich fighting at full power.
I would say getting beaten up even while suppressed contradicts it. Videl probably wouldn't even be able to budge a suppressed Raditz. She wouldn't even be able to beat beginning of series Goku. Raditz could casually bust mountain ranges, Spopovich's blast was puny.
Gotenks and Boo are definitely on the same tier, but Gotenks would be on the top of the tier, whereas Boo would be on the bottom. Gotenks must have a considerable advantage if he can supposedly overcome Boo's regeneration while having no significant fighting skill or techniques. I think it goes like this:
Majin Boo: 84
SSJ3 Goku: 90
SSJ Gotenks: 125
I don't think ssj Gotenks would be above ssj3 Goku. Goku was able to fight kid Buu, and ssj Gotenks never proved he could fight on that level.
ssj2 Vegeta<fat Buu<supressed ssj3 Goku<=ssj Gotenks<=kid Goku<=ssj3 Goku max power<super Buu<=ssj3 Gotenks
And Vegeta knew he would have to die to kill Boo based on him taking down those 3. Goku told Chi-Chi Goten wouldn't die if he masters fusion. That's 1 point for Gotenks here.
He didn't. He really didn't. Boo didn't even bother to defend himself from Vegeta, and when Vegeta actually hurt him with that blast Boo went batshit and pretty much crippled Vegeta by powering up.
Buu practically never bothers to defend himself and that wasn't Buu powering up, it was an AOE attack, similar to Vegeta's final explosion. Those are not power ups, they are just attacks that go in all directions.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Who's the strongest character 20x Kaioken Piccolo (Boo arc) could beat?
Piccolo was not far off from Vegeta or Trunks at the Cell Games, and should be even stronger by the Buu saga considering that he pretty much never stops training (though he wouldn't be getting enormous gains now like he did before the Androids, since he's training by himself rather than with a Super Saiyan sparring partner.) SSj2 Goku and Vegeta in the Buu saga seem to have only just barely surpassed raging SSj2 kid Gohan from the Cell Games -- so we know that the Saiyans didn't get tens of times stronger during the 7-year gap. Goku most likely didn't even double his power; the main thing he gained during those seven years of training was the ability to use SSj2 and SSj3 (plus Metamorian fusion), not a huge pile of raw power to his base form. The gap between Piccolo and Vegeta in the Buu saga is probably a bit wider than it was in the Cell Games, but he's not ten times weaker than the Super Saiyans or anything crazy like that. So Kaio-ken x20 Piccolo would definitely be well within Buu Saga ranges of power.

Regular ol' Kaio-ken (x2) should put him above any of the regular Super Saiyans in the Buu saga. I figure he was around half of SSj Goku's power during the Cell Games, and since Goku didn't get drastically stronger since then (just closed the gap between him and Gohan and then got slightly stronger) Piccolo should be at least a little bit above half of SSj Goku's level in the Buu saga.

If Gohan was SSj2 during his fight with Dabura, then Piccolo might need Kaio-ken x3 to overpower the Demon King; otherwise, regular Kaio-ken would be enough for him, too.

Along the same lines, Kaio-ken x4 would be enough for him to surpass any of the SSj2s.

Somewhere in the range of Kaio-ken x10 to Kaio-ken x12 should put him right around Fat Buu's level of power.

Kaio-ken x16 has him surpassing SSj3 Goku in raw power, and if he can pull off a big enough blast while holding onto the Kaio-ken boost he'd be able to finish off Fat Buu or Kid Buu at this level.

Kaio-ken x20... probably wouldn't be worth using, actually, since the strain might be too much to use for very long and the increase over a sixteen-fold Kaio-ken still wouldn't be enough to reach the level of the higher-end Buu saga characters like Super Buu, SSj3 Gotenks, or Ultimate Gohan. I suppose Piccolo could use a quick burst of 20x Kaio-ken to knock SSj3 Goku out in one shot or something, or to guarantee that he'd be able to produce a powerful enough blast to wipe out one of the weaker Buus to the point where they couldn't regenerate... but unless Piccolo can maintain Kaio-ken x20 longer than Goku could, it wouldn't be much of an improvement over the 16x.

Puaru
Banned

Post by Puaru » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:43 pm

ToP Gohan vs Toppo.

I say Gohan because he beat Kefla. Not GoD Toppo though, just regular fatass Toppo. The anime made Gohan seem weaker than fatass Toppo but then the manga prooved that Gohan is in fact as strong as Kefla and that the anime deciption of Gohan was bullshit. So I say Gohan. But only against fatass Toppo, not GoD Toppo.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:52 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:1. Base Kale (manga) vs SSJ Vegetto ( Buu saga)
2. SS Rose Black vs Base Kefla
3. Base Toppo and SLSM Dyspo vs Golden Freeza and A17
1. Kale solos Z
2. Base Kefla wins if Black doesn't have his scythe.
3. Pride Troopers win.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Ssj Gohan cell games vs cell junior

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Trunhan (Future Trunks [from his arc] and Gohan [Survival Arc] potara fusion) vs GoD Toppo
Caulifla best girl! :)

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Trunhan (Future Trunks [from his arc] and Gohan [Survival Arc] potara fusion) vs GoD Toppo
That’s a toughie, I truly believe that both Goku and Vegeta in kk or ssjbe are individually stronger than merge Zamasu. So is GoD Toppo. However I believe the fusion would be greater than that of Kefla who is around those levels. So I have to say if Toppo doesn’t kill him using the Hakai. Than trunhan wins. Because Trunks was at least near blue level and so is Gohan now. So yeah they win, just barely

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:42 pm

1. Vegito, she wasn’t that impressive until she transformed.

2. Black easily, Gohan isn’t the strong and Kefla isn’t either in the manga. Toyotoro just wanted to give Gohan lovers something. Base Kefla is easily high-tier god. While Black is ssjblue+ tier. Not ssjbe, but not too far off either.

3. Toppo was Frieza level before turning into a GoD. However he got distracted by 17. Toppo should be able to beat Frieza with major difficulty. And 17 wins if he figures out Dyspo’s weaknesses.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Trunhan (Future Trunks [from his arc] and Gohan [Survival Arc] potara fusion) vs GoD Toppo
Trunhan stomps easily.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:49 am

3. When it comes to strength, all three are relatively close to one another with Toppo likely being the strongest of the groupwhile Dyspo (without his speed) is the weakest (strength-wise). I'd say Frieza and Android 17 (both ToP SSB-tier) could take this; Android 17 alone can take out Dyspo if he does so before the purple bunny taps into his speed. As for Toppo, Universe 7's finest (not including Goku and Vegeta) would have to approach him as strategically as possible as the Pride Trooper could likely demolish each one individually.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Vegetto wins barely.
Black wins easily.
The Pride Troopers win easily

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:04 pm

All fights are anime only:

1. Base Black (Scythe) vs ToP SSG Goku
2. True Golden Freeza vs Base Kefla
3. SSJ4 Goku (Late Namek arc) vs Super Perfect Cell
4. Base Vegito (Late Saiyan arc) vs Android 18 (debut)
5. ToP SSG Vegeta vs SSB Copy-Vegeta
6. Giant Ribrianne vs Tri De Dangers
7. SSJ3 Goku (King Piccolo arc) vs Ginyu
8. KKx20 Tien (Buu saga) vs Semi-Cell

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 pm

ricky84 wrote:All fights are anime only:

Goku wins
Golden Freeza one shots
Goku one shots
Vegetto wins with mild difficulty
Copy Vegeta one shots
Trio De Dangers
Extremely even. I think Ginyu wins because of SSJ3's stamina issues
Cell one shots

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:46 pm

1. ssj Vegito stomps
2. Black
3. Frieza and 17 due to Dyspo being a weak link imo
Puaru wrote:ToP Gohan vs Toppo.
I say Gohan because he beat Kefla. Not GoD Toppo though, just regular fatass Toppo. The anime made Gohan seem weaker than fatass Toppo but then the manga prooved that Gohan is in fact as strong as Kefla and that the anime deciption of Gohan was bullshit. So I say Gohan. But only against fatass Toppo, not GoD Toppo.
In the manga Toppo is about equal with mastered SSB Vegeta and Goku, and Krillin said Goku is stronger than Gohan still. I would say Toppo at full power wins.
ricky84 wrote:
1. Kale solos Z
2. Base Kefla wins if Black doesn't have his scythe.
3. Pride Troopers win.
How does base manga Kale solo Z?
Ssjcell wrote:Ssj Gohan cell games vs cell junior
Gohan
The fusion should be above Kefla and could possibly go mystic/ssj3, so they should win.
1. Goku
2. Frieza, base Kefla was below SSB tier.
3. Goku
4. 18, I would say base Vegito at that point could beat suppressed final form Frieza.
5. Copy Vegeta
6. Tri de danger
7. Ginyu should be a bit stronger going by power level and multiplier guides.
8. Cell, Tien wouldn't even be as strong as Namek Goku and his kaioken x20 couldn't even beat 50% Frieza.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 pm

Anime only:

1. SSB Goku & Vegeta (Both RoF) vs SSB Copy-Vegeta
2. Present Zamasu vs SSJ3 Goku (RoF)
3. Base Dyspo vs U6 Namekians
4. SSJ1 Vegito (ToP) vs Aniraza
5. SSJ4 Vegeta (Cell Games) vs Super Buu
6. SSJ4 Goku (Cell Games) vs SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu arc)
7. Shin vs Perfect Cell
8. SSJ2 Goku (Beginning of Z) vs Recoome

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Buu Saga - Mystic Gohan Vs. SS3 Gotenks, but this Gotenks is the result of potara and not fusion dance.
Gotenks is stronger but a moron. Gohan can wins this with smarts.
ricky84 wrote:Bojack and crew vs Perfect Cell and the Cell jrs.
Light Speed Dyspo vs Rose Black (scythe)
Future Zamasu vs Hit (Champa arc)
Android 16 vs Kamicollo & 17 (Z)
Merged Zamasu (halo) vs KKx20 Goku (ep.123)
Turles vs 1st Form Freeza (Z)
Kamicollo vs Future 17 & 18
SSB Vegeta (Black arc Post-Rosat) vs Hit (Champa arc)
Cell has this in the bag.
Dyspo wins this thanks to his speed but If Black manages to trap him then it's over.
Zamasu wins thanks to his immortality.
I always thought Goku used the highest form of Kaioken (KKx10) he had access to at the moment he destroyed his Halo, since this is times 20 then he wrecks him but since Zamasu is immortal he wins at the end.
Turles wins if he has his Tree of Might power ups.
The androids still win thanks to their infinite stamina.
Vegeta one shots.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Jaco vs Muten Roshi (No Super Manga included)
Post Cell Roshi stomps him.
Berserker1921 wrote:-New battles-

1. Majin SP Cell vs Ssj2 Gohan (Cell)?

2. Buu (absorbed Vegito, Gohan, Gotenks. No time limit) vs SSj God Goku (buu saga)?

3. Hit vs Kalifa (base)?

4. G. Frieza, SsjR Trunks, Hit, and GoD Toppo vs Beerus and Champa? (No Hakai)

5. 17 (ToP) vs Beerus (BoG)?
Cell.
Goku wins this very easily.
Hit spanks her to death.
Beerus is enough to deal with them.
17 wins.
Noah wrote:Who's the strongest character 20x Kaioken Piccolo (Boo arc) could beat?
SS2 Gotenks.
I have no fucking idea.
Black finger flicks.
Team U7 wins after a tough battle thanks to Dyspo's speed.
SSB Vegeta ~ Toppo > Ultimate Gohan.
Toppo gets destroyed.

I have the exactly the same power wise. Black wins thanks to his clones.
Freeza very easily wins.
Cell.
Commeson Vegeta finger flicks.
Ribrianne beats Lavender and Basil but loses to Bergamo's ability.
SS3 Kid Goku would be at 104,000. Ginyu beats him after a good fight.
Tenshinhan still loses.
ricky84 wrote:Anime only:

1. SSB Goku & Vegeta (Both RoF) vs SSB Copy-Vegeta
3. Base Dyspo vs U6 Namekians
4. SSJ1 Vegito (ToP) vs Aniraza
5. SSJ4 Vegeta (Cell Games) vs Super Buu
6. SSJ4 Goku (Cell Games) vs SSJ3 Gotenks (Buu arc)
7. Shin vs Perfect Cell
The duo wins.
Zamasu can't win this.
Aniraza wins easily.
Evil Boo.
Goku.
Cell one shots him.
Very close match. I give this to Recoome thanks to his endurance.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Vados said Kefla was possibly the strongest fighter there after sensing Toppo and Vegeta go at each other for a long time resulting in both of them becoming severely wounded. Gohan knocked out Kefla after a long battle. Barring Toppo having any tricks, I think Gohan wins. Toppo does appear to power up in the latest chapter, which may change things, but it can't be too big of a no-strings-attached change or else Toppo just becomes an idiot for letting himself get hurt this badly already.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Didn't the present Zamasu fight SSj2 Goku, coming across as being at least a little weaker than he was? I can't imagine Goku would've randomly gotten four times stronger between Resurrection F and the time he met Zamasu, so I'd say SSj3 Goku completely flattens him, probably knocking him out in one blow.
7. Shin vs Perfect Cell
Dabura seemed to be too much for him to handle alone (both in the regular timeline and in Trunks' future), and Dabura was compared to Cell... but he was struggling to keep up with a rusty Gohan, who may or may not have been SSj2 at the time. If you figure Gohan was a regular Super Saiyan, then Dabura would have to be significantly weaker than Super Perfect Cell (maybe around full-power Perfect Cell level, or even a bit weaker?) and Shin definitely could not beat Perfect Cell, even before he went Super Perfect.

I don't think he'd even be able to match the level of power Cell was using against Goku, honestly. And even if they were similar in power, Shin doesn't really seem to use huge blow-up-everything type blasts of the sort that would be required to destroy Cell thoroughly enough that he couldn't regenerate. The best he could do is paralyze him and get someone else who's actually strong enough to fight Cell to finish him off.
This Goku's SSj2 power level ends up at 41,600, slightly inferior to Nail's. The Ginyus (minus Guldo and the Captain) are all around 40,000ish most likely, considering that Jeice and Burter are described as "at least as strong as Recoome" and Ginyu guessed that a power level of 60,000 would be more than enough for Goku to utterly humiliate all three of them in no time like he did upon arriving on Namek.

So I'd say Goku would win this one, though with their levels being so close it'd definitely be a more drawn-out fight rather than a "one punch" kind of situation.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Pantalones wrote:
Didn't the present Zamasu fight SSj2 Goku, coming across as being at least a little weaker than he was? I can't imagine Goku would've randomly gotten four times stronger between Resurrection F and the time he met Zamasu, so I'd say SSj3 Goku completely flattens him, probably knocking him out in one blow.
Goku trained for 3 years in the ROSAT with Vegeta after RoF to prepare for the U6 arc. So he should be much stronger at the start of the Black arc than he was in RoF.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Vados said Kefla was possibly the strongest fighter there after sensing Toppo and Vegeta go at each other for a long time resulting in both of them becoming severely wounded. Gohan knocked out Kefla after a long battle. Barring Toppo having any tricks, I think Gohan wins. Toppo does appear to power up in the latest chapter, which may change things, but it can't be too big of a no-strings-attached change or else Toppo just becomes an idiot for letting himself get hurt this badly already.
But Krillin did say that CSSB Goku>Gohan.

The manga forces you to choose between two explicit statements....