The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
dragon boss z
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:48 pm

p-hyvo wrote: That means nothing.
Exactly like when he faced hit, goku saw the fight between broly and Vegeta, and simply adapted to broly's movements.
Your point proves nothing.
Plus, whatever the ssj multiplier is, ssb is god times that multiplier In the anime, and the proof of that has already been exposed there previously.
Stop imposing your broken headcanon
This is so ironic because you are the one imposing your headcanon.
I'm saying ssj doesn't have to have the same multiplier on god forms, I'm not saying it doesn't.
You are saying it has to be. So you are the one imposing something, while I'm the one leaving options open.
And you can't just adapt and fight someone hundreds of times stronger than you. Goku literally clashed fists with Broly, if the multipliers you are saying are true, then Broly would have been over 1,000 times stronger than Goku and Goku's arm would have torn off.
ruler9871 wrote: 1. Multipliers are the same at all times. Its pure headcanon to assume otherwise.
Wrong, the super exciting guide was never completely canon to begin with, and I believe it also said potara fusion was A x B, which was wrong.
On panel feats>>>>>multipliers given from an old guide.
2. SSB Goku was able to put up a better fight against SSJ1 Kefla than SSG Goku did against Base Kefla. That right there is evidence of a 50x boost over SSG on the anime. And the "Goku was fatigued" argument has been debunked several times already.
So you ignoring the fact ssj Kefla beat kaioken SSB Goku? That would mean ssj Kefla was at least 10-20x SSB Goku, and then her ssj2 form even gave UIO Goku some truoble.
3. The newer Transformations of Super don't have the same power and boost between anime and manga. The biggest example is SSJ Rose. In the anime its only as strong as SSJ1 (on top of Goku Black's extremely powerful Base), while in the manga it's equal to normal SSB (and Black's base there is only equal to Goku's).
It was never stated it was equal to regular ssj in the anime. And in the manga it clearly didn't give much of a boost either, as it was barely stronger than his ssj form, considering post zenkai ssj Black had a slight advantage over SSB Vegeta, and then after going SSR he just started to win a little easier instead of just one shotting him.

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:57 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
p-hyvo wrote: That means nothing.
Exactly like when he faced hit, goku saw the fight between broly and Vegeta, and simply adapted to broly's movements.
Your point proves nothing.
Plus, whatever the ssj multiplier is, ssb is god times that multiplier In the anime, and the proof of that has already been exposed there previously.
Stop imposing your broken headcanon
This is so ironic because you are the one imposing your headcanon.
I'm saying ssj doesn't have to have the same multiplier on god forms, I'm not saying it doesn't.
You are saying it has to be. So you are the one imposing something, while I'm the one leaving options open.
And you can't just adapt and fight someone hundreds of times stronger than you. Goku literally clashed fists with Broly, if the multipliers you are saying are true, then Broly would have been over 1,000 times stronger than Goku and Goku's arm would have torn off.
ruler9871 wrote: 1. Multipliers are the same at all times. Its pure headcanon to assume otherwise.
Wrong, the super exciting guide was never completely canon to begin with, and I believe it also said potara fusion was A x B, which was wrong.
On panel feats>>>>>multipliers given from an old guide.
2. SSB Goku was able to put up a better fight against SSJ1 Kefla than SSG Goku did against Base Kefla. That right there is evidence of a 50x boost over SSG on the anime. And the "Goku was fatigued" argument has been debunked several times already.
So you ignoring the fact ssj Kefla beat kaioken SSB Goku? That would mean ssj Kefla was at least 10-20x SSB Goku, and then her ssj2 form even gave UIO Goku some truoble.
3. The newer Transformations of Super don't have the same power and boost between anime and manga. The biggest example is SSJ Rose. In the anime its only as strong as SSJ1 (on top of Goku Black's extremely powerful Base), while in the manga it's equal to normal SSB (and Black's base there is only equal to Goku's).
It was never stated it was equal to regular ssj in the anime. And in the manga it clearly didn't give much of a boost either, as it was barely stronger than his ssj form, considering post zenkai ssj Black had a slight advantage over SSB Vegeta, and then after going SSR he just started to win a little easier instead of just one shotting him.
1. Literally every official guide says that SSJ1 is 50x base, including Daizenshuu.

2. SSJ1 Kefla power up more after Goku went SSBKKX20, so what kind of argument are you making?

3. The stuff with Goku Black in the manga merely shows how bad the manga's scaling is after the U6 arc.

4. Feats from the anime show that SSB is at least 50x SSG. SSJ1 being 50x Base is never contradicted at any point in Z and Super.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

User avatar
dragon boss z
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 pm

ruler9871 wrote: 1. Literally every official guide says that SSJ1 is 50x base, including Daizenshuu.
2. SSJ1 Kefla power up more after Goku went SSBKKX20, so what kind of argument are you making?
3. The stuff with Goku Black in the manga merely shows how bad the manga's scaling is after the U6 arc.
4. Feats from the anime show that SSB is at least 50x SSG. SSJ1 being 50x Base is never contradicted at any point in Z and Super.
1. Wasn't the daizenshuu statement in reference to namek Goku? And I do believe ssj is usually a 50x boost, it's just special cases like god ki and fussions where I think it's different.
2. Yeah, because she wasn't using her full ssj power. By your own logic the ssj multiplier can't change, so that must mean she just wasn't using her full power before. You need to be consistent with your argument.
3. The manga and the anime both have bad scaling.
4. No, there is no proof of SSB being that big of a boost. There is a little evidence at best, and as for ssj multipliers in super, base Goku was able to match ssj2 Caulifla and then he went ssj2 and didn't completely stomp her, so that definitely didn't seem like a 100x multiplier.

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:24 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
ruler9871 wrote: 1. Literally every official guide says that SSJ1 is 50x base, including Daizenshuu.
2. SSJ1 Kefla power up more after Goku went SSBKKX20, so what kind of argument are you making?
3. The stuff with Goku Black in the manga merely shows how bad the manga's scaling is after the U6 arc.
4. Feats from the anime show that SSB is at least 50x SSG. SSJ1 being 50x Base is never contradicted at any point in Z and Super.
1. Wasn't the daizenshuu statement in reference to namek Goku? And I do believe ssj is usually a 50x boost, it's just special cases like god ki and fussions where I think it's different.
2. Yeah, because she wasn't using her full ssj power. By your own logic the ssj multiplier can't change, so that must mean she just wasn't using her full power before. You need to be consistent with your argument.
3. The manga and the anime both have bad scaling.
4. No, there is no proof of SSB being that big of a boost. There is a little evidence at best, and as for ssj multipliers in super, base Goku was able to match ssj2 Caulifla and then he went ssj2 and didn't completely stomp her, so that definitely didn't seem like a 100x multiplier.
1. The multipliers given for all SSJ forms in the Daizenshuu were for all times. Nowhere was it ever said that it only applied to the Namek arc, nor that God ki and Fusion makes them different. That's pure headcanon.

2. And yet the fact that SSBKKX20 Goku was able land a strong hit on a full powered SSJ1 Kefla shows that SSB has to be at least 50x SSG in order for that to happen, since SSG Goku was complete fodder to Base Kefla.

3. The manga's was worse, with the stuff with Black being the biggest example outside of the manga's ToP.

4. Base Goku vs SSJ2 Caulifla was outright said by Whis to be a skill thing. Once Caulifla was able to adapt to Goku's skill level, that's what forced Goku into using SSJ2 against her, showing that their base power levels where around to same. So to use that fight to argue that the SSJ multipliers have changed is a fallacy.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

User avatar
dragon boss z
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:04 am

ruler9871 wrote: 1. The multipliers given for all SSJ forms in the Daizenshuu were for all times. Nowhere was it ever said that it only applied to the Namek arc, nor that God ki and Fusion makes them different. That's pure headcanon.
2. And yet the fact that SSBKKX20 Goku was able land a strong hit on a full powered SSJ1 Kefla shows that SSB has to be at least 50x SSG in order for that to happen, since SSG Goku was complete fodder to Base Kefla.
3. The manga's was worse, with the stuff with Black being the biggest example outside of the manga's ToP.
4. Base Goku vs SSJ2 Caulifla was outright said by Whis to be a skill thing. Once Caulifla was able to adapt to Goku's skill level, that's what forced Goku into using SSJ2 against her, showing that their base power levels where around to same. So to use that fight to argue that the SSJ multipliers have changed is a fallacy.
1. According to this website's battle power guide, the daizenshuu states

"The warrior of legend, the Super Saiyan, finally awakens. In addition to having battle power 50 times that of his normal state, he now overwhelms even Freeza."

And this is what it states about the super exciting guide

"On p.62-63, it says that Super Saiyan 2 is twice as strong as regular Super Saiyan, and that Super Saiyan 3 is four times as strong as Super Saiyan 2. It also repeats Daizenshuu 7′s statement about regular Super Saiyan increasing the battle power by a factor of 50. Somewhat interestingly, the comment on regular Super Saiyan is the only one that uses the term “battle power”, while for 2 and 3 it simply says “strength”. This may be to go along with Daizenshuu 7′s statement that the increase in the character’s strength past the battle with Freeza cannot be measured in battle powers."

And saying it's pure headcanon when the manga has SSB less than a 50x multiplier is laughable. I agree that the manga and anime have different scaling, but you are acting like ssj being a x50 multiplier is some unbreakable rule. If it isn't an unbreakable rule in the manga, what makes you think it is in the anime? The super manga is a canon continuation of the story, just as canon as the anime. If SSB doesn't have to be 50x SSG in there, it doesn't have to be that way in the anime either. Now I'm not saying SSB isn't 50x SSG in the anime for sure, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be. You are acting like the guide book numbers are some holy numbers we have to use, when I can almost garuntee you Toriyama doesn't even remember them...

2. SSG Goku barely fought base Kefla. He was just surprised by her strength and then went SSB realizing how much of a threat she was. We don't know if ssj works the same for fussions, and she beat kaiken SSB Goku.

3. I don't know about that. The manga has a couple really bad moments, like Roshi dodging Jiren, but the anime has Goku and Vegeta spamming SSB against everyone, and the power creep really messed things up. Besides a few examples, the manga actually keeps the fodder as fodder and keeps the god forms strong, and is overall more consistent. If it wasn't for Goku Black, Roshi, and Gohan in the ToP the manga's power scaling would have been fine. However there are dozens of examples for the Super anime.

4. Except skill doesn't make your punches clash evenly... Goku clearly showed he was matching her somewhat in power. It doesn't matter how much of a better fighter you are, when your enemy is more than a few times stronger you can't even budge them like 16 vs semi perfect Cell.

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ruler9871 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:52 am

dragon boss z wrote:
ruler9871 wrote: 1. The multipliers given for all SSJ forms in the Daizenshuu were for all times. Nowhere was it ever said that it only applied to the Namek arc, nor that God ki and Fusion makes them different. That's pure headcanon.
2. And yet the fact that SSBKKX20 Goku was able land a strong hit on a full powered SSJ1 Kefla shows that SSB has to be at least 50x SSG in order for that to happen, since SSG Goku was complete fodder to Base Kefla.
3. The manga's was worse, with the stuff with Black being the biggest example outside of the manga's ToP.
4. Base Goku vs SSJ2 Caulifla was outright said by Whis to be a skill thing. Once Caulifla was able to adapt to Goku's skill level, that's what forced Goku into using SSJ2 against her, showing that their base power levels where around to same. So to use that fight to argue that the SSJ multipliers have changed is a fallacy.
1. According to this website's battle power guide, the daizenshuu states

"The warrior of legend, the Super Saiyan, finally awakens. In addition to having battle power 50 times that of his normal state, he now overwhelms even Freeza."

And this is what it states about the super exciting guide

"On p.62-63, it says that Super Saiyan 2 is twice as strong as regular Super Saiyan, and that Super Saiyan 3 is four times as strong as Super Saiyan 2. It also repeats Daizenshuu 7′s statement about regular Super Saiyan increasing the battle power by a factor of 50. Somewhat interestingly, the comment on regular Super Saiyan is the only one that uses the term “battle power”, while for 2 and 3 it simply says “strength”. This may be to go along with Daizenshuu 7′s statement that the increase in the character’s strength past the battle with Freeza cannot be measured in battle powers."

And saying it's pure headcanon when the manga has SSB less than a 50x multiplier is laughable. I agree that the manga and anime have different scaling, but you are acting like ssj being a x50 multiplier is some unbreakable rule. If it isn't an unbreakable rule in the manga, what makes you think it is in the anime? The super manga is a canon continuation of the story, just as canon as the anime. If SSB doesn't have to be 50x SSG in there, it doesn't have to be that way in the anime either. Now I'm not saying SSB isn't 50x SSG in the anime for sure, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be. You are acting like the guide book numbers are some holy numbers we have to use, when I can almost garuntee you Toriyama doesn't even remember them...

2. SSG Goku barely fought base Kefla. He was just surprised by her strength and then went SSB realizing how much of a threat she was. We don't know if ssj works the same for fussions, and she beat kaiken SSB Goku.

3. I don't know about that. The manga has a couple really bad moments, like Roshi dodging Jiren, but the anime has Goku and Vegeta spamming SSB against everyone, and the power creep really messed things up. Besides a few examples, the manga actually keeps the fodder as fodder and keeps the god forms strong, and is overall more consistent. If it wasn't for Goku Black, Roshi, and Gohan in the ToP the manga's power scaling would have been fine. However there are dozens of examples for the Super anime.

4. Except skill doesn't make your punches clash evenly... Goku clearly showed he was matching her somewhat in power. It doesn't matter how much of a better fighter you are, when your enemy is more than a few times stronger you can't even budge them like 16 vs semi perfect Cell.
1. "Battle Power" and "Strength" are the same thing. That quote you posted never said that SSJ1 was no longer a 50x boost, especially since every other guide says that its 50x also.

2. Barely fought? She clearly rag-dolled SSG for a awhile before he transformed. And it was never stated in any DB media of any kind that transformations are different for fusion, the assumption that it does is pure headcanon. People use that idea to deny that Gotenks was way stronger than Goku in the Buu saga for example.

4. You are using your headcanon to deny Whis's official explanation for Base Goku vs SSJ2 Caulifla. You are also ignoring the fact that the U6 girls were stated to by getting stronger ad the fight with Goku went on, and that Goku was forced into using SSJ2 as Caulifla adapted to Goku and improved.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

User avatar
dragon boss z
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:22 am

ruler9871 wrote: 1. "Battle Power" and "Strength" are the same thing. That quote you posted never said that SSJ1 was no longer a 50x boost, especially since every other guide says that its 50x also.
2. Barely fought? She clearly rag-dolled SSG for a awhile before he transformed. And it was never stated in any DB media of any kind that transformations are different for fusion, the assumption that it does is pure headcanon. People use that idea to deny that Gotenks was way stronger than Goku in the Buu saga for example.
4. You are using your headcanon to deny Whis's official explanation for Base Goku vs SSJ2 Caulifla. You are also ignoring the fact that the U6 girls were stated to by getting stronger ad the fight with Goku went on, and that Goku was forced into using SSJ2 as Caulifla adapted to Goku and improved.
1. Stop strawmanning me. I'm not saying it isn't a 50x multiplier anymore, I'm saying it doesn't have to be in all scenarios. The writers don't think about the multipliers when writing the story.
2. Base Kefla was definitely stronger, but Goku was able to block her moves for a bit. But ssj Kefla was unquestionably stronger than SSB kaioken Goku. So if Goku was using kaioken x20 like he most likely was the scaling would go something like this.
SSG Goku: 1 base Kefla: 1.5-2 SSB Goku: 2-5 SSBKKx20: 40-100 ssj Kefla: 75 -100
If SSB Goku was 50x SSG, that would make a 1,000, which would be at least 10x stronger than ssj Kefla, and clearly not the case.
4. I'm not denying anything. Goku was BEATING her with skill, even though she was a bit stronger. There is a point in which skill doesn't matter anymore, like how Goku couldn't even budge Jiren as he just stood there. Another example of Goku using skill to fight against a stronger opponent is base and ssj Goku fighting oozaru power Broly, however he was still somewhat relative in power, or else he wouldn't have been able to do anything.

User avatar
AvatarReiko
Regular
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:46 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by AvatarReiko » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:07 pm

SSJB Vegito (FT Arc) vs Ikari Base Broly
SSJB Vegito (FT Arc) vs SSJ Broly

dragonball0900
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:28 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:SSJB Vegito (FT Arc) vs Ikari Base Broly
SSJB Vegito (FT Arc) vs SSJ Broly
1. SSJB Vegito wins easily.
2. SSJB Vegito takes it easily too.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by PFM18 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:45 pm

dragon boss z wrote:He said base Goku was equal to SSG Goku
No, he didn't. This is the quote you posted alongside mine:
Goku absorbed the power of ssg into his ssj form in BoG , then after training with whis he got a bunch stronger and then his ssb which stacks on top of his base which was boosted absurdly was inferior to golden freeza in F let alone ToP version.
Says nothing of his Base being equal to SSG. He specifically says otherwise, actually.
2. But that would imply Goku's ssj3>SSG which makes no sense.
Does that not make sense? Considering that it was stated multiple times, both by the narrator, the episode title and Beerus, that SSJ>SSG held true after Goku had adapted to and infused the power of SSG. So unless you are implying that SSJ1>SSJ3, then it does make sense.
3. He still had the six good hearted saiyans on Earth, so they literally could have just done the ritual again, no need for Whis training, lol.
I mean sure, but that's kind of missing the point of the fight, considering Beerus spared them after he got the entertainment he wanted, and it doesn't seem aligned with your original point.
1. My point was if the writers though it made sense then, they probably thought it made sense when they made it again. There is no logical reason Goku should have been able to automatically get stronger after losing the SSG form. He kept the power, but that's it, he could not surpass 100% SSG until after training.
You're just speculating about the writer's intentions now. And yes, Goku did automatically get stronger after losing the SSG form. That was the entire point, his body learned from experiencing it, infused it within himself, and made it his own. His SSJ3 went from being flicked and knocked out, to his normal SSJ being demonstrably stronger than SSG. He most definitely DID get stronger after losing the SSG form. And again, that's factually incorrect considering that he surpassed SSG DURING the fight, as he progressed as a SSJ.
2. BoG wasn't retconned, it just isn't the anime versions of the events. If anything it's actually more canon to the original manga than the anime version of the arc.
We are talking about DBS. DBS is more relevant to itself than a movie that came out 6 years ago. If we were talking about the original manga, then maybe. Not sure how this could possibly be disputed. The movie's events are to be disregarded considering we have an entire arc that exists to replace it.
SSG Goku should still be somewhat relative to Golden Frieza in the RoF arc.
If that were true, then SSB would only be marginally stronger than normal SSJ and Goku would have gotten negligible gains during his time training with Whis. Both premises are not supported in any capacity whatsoever.

User avatar
dragon boss z
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:00 pm

PFM18 wrote: No, he didn't. This is the quote you posted alongside mine:
Goku absorbed the power of ssg into his ssj form in BoG , then after training with whis he got a bunch stronger and then his ssb which stacks on top of his base which was boosted absurdly was inferior to golden freeza in F let alone ToP version.
Says nothing of his Base being equal to SSG. He specifically says otherwise, actually.
I was talking to multiple people, I thought one of them said that, idk.
Does that not make sense? Considering that it was stated multiple times, both by the narrator, the episode title and Beerus, that SSJ>SSG held true after Goku had adapted to and infused the power of SSG. So unless you are implying that SSJ1>SSJ3, then it does make sense.
I think his ssj was either weaker than when he was actually SSG (which was implied in the movie version), or due to the fact he just lost god form he was able to temporarily access his full power while in ssj.
You're just speculating about the writer's intentions now. And yes, Goku did automatically get stronger after losing the SSG form. That was the entire point, his body learned from experiencing it, infused it within himself, and made it his own. His SSJ3 went from being flicked and knocked out, to his normal SSJ being demonstrably stronger than SSG. He most definitely DID get stronger after losing the SSG form. And again, that's factually incorrect considering that he surpassed SSG DURING the fight, as he progressed as a SSJ.
Yes, Goku learned from the experience and no longer needed SSG to reach that power. It never said now Goku is multiple times stronger after losing his form. Beerus flat out said he was at 100%, so if Goku could have went ssj2 and ssj3 to surpass that 100% power, he would have since he didn't know Beerus was lying. Goku used everything he had to try and beat Beerus in that fight, there is really no question about that.
If that were true, then SSB would only be marginally stronger than normal SSJ and Goku would have gotten negligible gains during his time training with Whis. Both premises are not supported in any capacity whatsoever.
We don't know how much stronger Whis training made them. We know it allowed Vegeta to catch up to Goku, but after that we don't know. In the Black arc Vegeta said he felt like they were reaching their limits, so most likely their gains weren't huge at that point. I doubt Goku got much more than a few times stronger, or at the very least there is no proof their gains were more than that.

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2576
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Angel) (Majin Buu Saga) vs. Uub (28th World Tournament).

User avatar
TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:07 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Angel) (Majin Buu Saga) vs. Uub (28th World Tournament).
Goku outskills him.

Rage Broly vs Merged Zamasu

User avatar
p-hyvo
Regular
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:10 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Angel) (Majin Buu Saga) vs. Uub (28th World Tournament).
Goku outskills him.

Rage Broly vs Merged Zamasu
Since rage broly > ssg goku and ssg goku(movie)≥ssb sotdp, if that's initial merged zamasu goku wins easily
remember fellas, anyone in gt after m2 >>>anyone in z (bog + rof excluded obv)

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2576
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:13 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Angel) (Majin Buu Saga) vs. Uub (28th World Tournament).
Goku outskills him.

Rage Broly vs Merged Zamasu
False Super Saiyan 4 Broly: BR would just have been barely holding his own against any form of Merged Zamasu, but if a certain look-alike of Yamcha manages to turn into his Super Saiyan form, then Merged Zamasu is screwed beyond belief. Especially, if the angry Super Saiyan Broly powers up even more.

dragonball0900
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Angel) (Majin Buu Saga) vs. Uub (28th World Tournament).
SSJ2 Goku wins I think. Uub still doesn't have enough strength and skill at that point.
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Rage Broly vs Merged Zamasu
Rage Broly was only stronger than SSJGs, and close to SSBs. Merged Zamasu, meanwhile, manages to go toe to toe with SSJB Vegito. However, that would be Corrupted Merged Zamasu, but I think normal Merged Zamasu would still win.

User avatar
Tai Lung
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Next Battle

Kefla VS Majin 21
Goku Black base VS Baby Vegeta base
Caulifla and Kale VS Majuub
cocotte VS Ribrianne
basil VS Majin Vegeta
Dyspo VS A17
Trunks Rage VS Golden Frieza

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:07 pm

Tai Lung wrote:Next Battle

Kefla VS Majin 21
Goku Black base VS Baby Vegeta base
Caulifla and Kale VS Majuub
cocotte VS Ribrianne
basil VS Majin Vegeta
Dyspo VS A17
Trunks Rage VS Golden Frieza
1. I have A21 being around Goku Black in his prime level (based on when DBFZ's story takes place) so Kefla easily wins at SSJ1 and beyond.

2. Black one shots all of GT.

3. Literally anyone how is at least Base Goku level in Super after BoG could one shot Majuub.

4. Cocotte wins, mid-difficulty. Based on feats in the anime, I'd say she is easily above the SSJ1's of the ToP, while Ribrianne is only SSJ1 level at best in her peak.

5. Basil one shots

6. A17 wins, mid-difficulty

7. Future Trunks chops him up again if this Golden Freeza is from the ToP or before. If he's from the Broly film then Golden Freeza wins (unless Trunks can use the Spirit Sword).
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

ruler9871
Regular
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:24 pm

1. SSG Vegeta (DBS Broly) vs SSJR Goku Black (before he pulled out his scythe)
2. Videl vs Chichi (23th TB arc)
3. Hope Sword Trunks vs SSj1 Gogeta (DBS Broly)
4. A17 (ToP) vs SSG Goku (DBS Broly)
5. Base Toppo vs Rage Base Broly
6. Buuhan vs SSJ1 Goku (Baby arc)
7. SSJ1 Vegeta (Late Namek arc) vs 100% Freeza (Namek arc)
8. Piccolo (Buu arc) vs ASSJ Vegeta (when he fought Semi Perfect Cell)
9. Ultimate Gohan (ToP, has knowledge of Hit's abilities) vs Hit (U6 arc)
10. SSJ2 Kefla vs SSBKKx20 Goku (End of ToP)
11. SSJ1 Future Gohan (peak, both arms) vs SSJ1 Goku, SSJ1 Vegeta & SSJ1 Trunks (all when the Androids first appeared.)
12. Pan (Baby arc) vs Perfect Cell
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

User avatar
TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:43 pm

ruler9871 wrote:1. SSG Vegeta (DBS Broly) vs SSJR Goku Black (before he pulled out his scythe)
2. Videl vs Chichi (23th TB arc)
3. Hope Sword Trunks vs SSj1 Gogeta (DBS Broly)
4. A17 (ToP) vs SSG Goku (DBS Broly)
5. Base Toppo vs Rage Base Broly
6. Buuhan vs SSJ1 Goku (Baby arc)
7. SSJ1 Vegeta (Late Namek arc) vs 100% Freeza (Namek arc)
8. Piccolo (Buu arc) vs ASSJ Vegeta (when he fought Semi Perfect Cell)
9. Ultimate Gohan (ToP, has knowledge of Hit's abilities) vs Hit (U6 arc)
10. SSJ2 Kefla vs SSBKKx20 Goku (End of ToP)
11. SSJ1 Future Gohan (peak, both arms) vs SSJ1 Goku, SSJ1 Vegeta & SSJ1 Trunks (all when the Androids first appeared.)
12. Pan (Baby arc) vs Perfect Cell
-Vegeta should stomp him quite badly. He powered up quite a bit since then.
-Videl gets utterly annihilated. Chichi is several classes above her.
-Trunks gets stomped beyond belief.
-I suppose Goku should be able to pull out the win, maybe.
-Rage Broly should beat him quite easily, he should be superior to ToP SSBs.
-Don't know about this one. Could go either way.
-I think Piccolo should win, I imagine he probably surpassed 50% FPSSJ Goku.
-Hit should kill him easily. Gohan isn't nearly as skilled as his father.
-I don't know. It's vague how much Goku powered up, he could stomp or get stomped.
-SSJ Vegeta should win. If Goku isn't sick, he might have a chance too.
-Pan probably thrashes him like nothing if she's mad.

Post Reply