The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Sūpāsaiya wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:41 pm A Few Battles I Came Up With Because I'm Bored...

1) Base Gogeta (Broly Movie) Vs SSjB Goku (Broly Movie)
2) Base Vegito (Buu Saga) Vs Hypotheatical SSj Gogeta (Buu Saga)
3) SSjB Goku (Pre ToP) Vs Base Goku (Post ToP)
4) Ultra Instinct "Omen" Goku (Ep. 110) Vs SSjBE Vegeta (Ep. 127)
5) Hypotheatical SSjG Vegito (Broly Movie) Vs SSjFP Broly

That's it
1. Gogeta, due to the ease he seemed to be blocking and dodging ssj Broly's attacks.
2. Vegito and Gogeta were recently stated to be about the same strength. Even if they weren't exact the same strength, ssj Gogeta would still be stronger than base Vegito.
3. Post ToP base Goku wouldn't even be able to beat pre ToP ssj Goku.
4. If Goku doesn't run out of time he would eventually win due to his ability to dodge, but if he has the time limit Vegeta will win.
5. Could go either way, but I might lean Vegito if he doesn't have a time limit due to his skill, but Broly might have the raw power advantage.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:58 am

Tai Lung wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:20 am Next Battle

Nuova shenron VS Hit
Goku Black VS Broly ikari
Frost VS Frieza GT
Tam Universe 2 VS Team Universe 9 VS Team Universe 10
Tagoma (Ginyu) VS Pan
R1 i can go with nuova
R2 broly rapes
R3 I'm going with Frost
R4 who were in team u2?
R5 Pan (gt)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:44 am

ruler9871 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:19 pm
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am
Show me in the daiz where it says that, he Buuhan must have been stronger or he wouldn't have gone SS in the first place.

Vegito merely went SSJ just to troll Buuhan, not because he absolutely needed to.
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am I know they aren't tiers but in the of manga base fusions never achieve anything and boosts from, base Gotenks pre is weaker than ss3 goku.(although how you rate the kids compared to adults can vary wildly.)
Base Vegito in the DBS manga causally shot off half of Merged Zamasu's body, showing that he is clearly stronger than SSB Goku/Vegeta in that saga. Its the same thing as Base Kefla beating up SSG Goku in the anime.
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am I always had Vegetto maybe around SS3 Goku, weaker than Gohan or Buuhan anyway. (Buuhan is only about 2 and a bit Gohans.) And SS1 is a huge boost.
There's nothing to suggest that Buu arc Base Vegito was weaker than Ultimate Gohan.
The wording of that doesn't preclude him needing super saiyan.

It allowed him a power up so great that he could [when using his super saiyan] bully Buu.

The bullying and gum stuff it goes on to mention all occur after he turns super saiyan. It doesn't say “and he could have done the exact same things in base.

Fusion is Huge but Buuhan is billions of miles ahead of either saiyan alone. 50x is a huge multiplier too. I think he needed both.

If his aim was to humiliate buu base would be better because it uses less energy and he could rub salt in the wound and say “damn you so weak I don't need to transform even!”

We know about Veggetto cutting zamasu means nothing, there's 2 things to note here:

1. As I recall, Zamasu was rushing in expecting to find two half dead base saiyans.
Veggetto uses a sharp ki blade. You don't think Kuririn was stronger than Freeza because his kienzan cut off his tail.
2. Many people think, due to base Gogetas fucking insane showing in the new movie that base fusion is somehow tethered to max power of the fusees.
This isn't word of god, but explains the speculated and never contradicted BoG Red God > BoG Veggetto and reconciles it with Base Gogeta > Blue Goku.
So a post God era fusion is a different thing to Buu saga Veggetto

There is nothing to suggest he's weaker than Gohan but there's nothing to suggest he isn't.

SS Veggetto > x >Buuhan > x >Gohan > x=\=SS3 Goku.

The x's are the 3 places Base Veggetto could have o fit. You think that excerpt means he's the first X I'm saying I think it could be any of the 3 but lean towards the last two.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:32 am

TobyS wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:44 am
ruler9871 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:19 pm
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am
Show me in the daiz where it says that, he Buuhan must have been stronger or he wouldn't have gone SS in the first place.

Vegito merely went SSJ just to troll Buuhan, not because he absolutely needed to.
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am I know they aren't tiers but in the of manga base fusions never achieve anything and boosts from, base Gotenks pre is weaker than ss3 goku.(although how you rate the kids compared to adults can vary wildly.)
Base Vegito in the DBS manga causally shot off half of Merged Zamasu's body, showing that he is clearly stronger than SSB Goku/Vegeta in that saga. Its the same thing as Base Kefla beating up SSG Goku in the anime.
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am I always had Vegetto maybe around SS3 Goku, weaker than Gohan or Buuhan anyway. (Buuhan is only about 2 and a bit Gohans.) And SS1 is a huge boost.
There's nothing to suggest that Buu arc Base Vegito was weaker than Ultimate Gohan.
The wording of that doesn't preclude him needing super saiyan.

It allowed him a power up so great that he could [when using his super saiyan] bully Buu.

The bullying and gum stuff it goes on to mention all occur after he turns super saiyan. It doesn't say “and he could have done the exact same things in base.

Fusion is Huge but Buuhan is billions of miles ahead of either saiyan alone. 50x is a huge multiplier too. I think he needed both.

If his aim was to humiliate buu base would be better because it uses less energy and he could rub salt in the wound and say “damn you so weak I don't need to transform even!”

We know about Veggetto cutting zamasu means nothing, there's 2 things to note here:

1. As I recall, Zamasu was rushing in expecting to find two half dead base saiyans.
Veggetto uses a sharp ki blade. You don't think Kuririn was stronger than Freeza because his kienzan cut off his tail.
2. Many people think, due to base Gogetas fucking insane showing in the new movie that base fusion is somehow tethered to max power of the fusees.
This isn't word of god, but explains the speculated and never contradicted BoG Red God > BoG Veggetto and reconciles it with Base Gogeta > Blue Goku.
So a post God era fusion is a different thing to Buu saga Veggetto

There is nothing to suggest he's weaker than Gohan but there's nothing to suggest he isn't.

SS Veggetto > x >Buuhan > x >Gohan > x=\=SS3 Goku.

The x's are the 3 places Base Veggetto could have o fit. You think that excerpt means he's the first X I'm saying I think it could be any of the 3 but lean towards the last two.
In my opiniom, Vegito needed to go SSJ.

I personally place Base Vegito at a level of ×500 Base "Gokus". Above SSJ3, but kinda hard to say if he surpasses Ultimate Gohan as well.

Now, now, we never got to see how Gohan would perform against Buuhan (for obvious reasons). As such, we can't say that Vegito is certainly weaker or stronger, although his fight with Buu may suggest the latter.

As such, Base Vegito wasn't able to surpass Buu's might and raw strentgh. Rather, his techniques were the key. Plus, the fact that Buu was pretty certain that a Metamoran Fusion between Goku and Vegeta wouldn't be enough to defeat him (it is unknown if he referred to Base Gogeta or Super Gogeta).

When Buu was cornered, he got enraged at Vegito's tricks. It was when Vegito realized that the gap in power was now far too great for him to toy with Buuhan. Subsequently, he went SSJ. He was forced to do so. Of course, this form could have offered Vegito a boost great enough to not only match Buu, but to overwhelm him.

I have my owm headcannon as to why Vegito didn't get 50 times stronger as a Super Saiyan, however this shouldn't complicate things more.

Anyway, ultimately, the real question is where Gogeta would be placed during the Buu Saga events. I think that his Base form is much weaker to Vegito's, however his SSJ would provide for a boost that would elevate him at SSJ Vegito level. Neither of them would get 50 times stronger though.

Lastly, when Daizenshuu suggested that Vegito was perhaps stronger to SSJ4 Goku, I think that it referred to Super Vegito from Z. That is because, if my assumptions are correct, SSJ4 (who is ×10 SSJ, however keep in mind that GT's empowered SSJ has a multiplier of ×100 Base), then Super Vegito would be somewhere above that level, with Super Gogeta following with a small gap.

Gogeta has the advantage of growing stronger much faster, whilr Vegito has greater starting power as a Fusion.
P O W E R

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:46 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:32 am

I personally place Base Vegito at a level of ×500 Base "Gokus". Above SSJ3, but kinda hard to say if he surpasses Ultimate Gohan as well.

Now, now, we never got to see how Gohan would perform against Buuhan (for obvious reasons). As such, we can't say that Vegito is certainly weaker or stronger, although his fight with Buu may suggest the latter.

As such, Base Vegito wasn't able to surpass Buu's might and raw strentgh. Rather, his techniques were the key. Plus, the fact that Buu was pretty certain that a Metamoran Fusion between Goku and Vegeta wouldn't be enough to defeat him (it is unknown if he referred to Base Gogeta or Super Gogeta).

When Buu was cornered, he got enraged at Vegito's tricks. It was when Vegito realized that the gap in power was now far too great for him to toy with Buuhan. Subsequently, he went SSJ. He was forced to do so. Of course, this form could have offered Vegito a boost great enough to not only match Buu, but to overwhelm him.

I have my owm headcannon as to why Vegito didn't get 50 times stronger as a Super Saiyan, however this shouldn't complicate things more.

Anyway, ultimately, the real question is where Gogeta would be placed during the Buu Saga events. I think that his Base form is much weaker to Vegito's, however his SSJ would provide for a boost that would elevate him at SSJ Vegito level. Neither of them would get 50 times stronger though.

Lastly, when Daizenshuu suggested that Vegito was perhaps stronger to SSJ4 Goku, I think that it referred to Super Vegito from Z. That is because, if my assumptions are correct, SSJ4 (who is ×10 SSJ, however keep in mind that GT's empowered SSJ has a multiplier of ×100 Base), then Super Vegito would be somewhere above that level, with Super Gogeta following with a small gap.

Gogeta has the advantage of growing stronger much faster, whilr Vegito has greater starting power as a Fusion.
You perhaps don't know that Base Veggetto versus Buuhan was anime only? He went Super straight away in the manga.
I don't see any reason why the SS1 multiplier should be lower for fusions.
You know what Akira Toriyamas like why would he think "I'll make base fusions stronger than makes sense but their super saiyan multplier will be lower than usual for no reason to compensate" this is absolutely not something he'd do. He likes to keep things simple. and I'll never mention this in the story or interviews" There's certainly no reason to think Gogeta also gets different multipliers to Veggetto either, that makes even less sense.

All we know is that Potara is stronger, according to elder kaioshin (how much by exactly we don't know) than the dance is. Ergo Vegetto > Gogeta in the same form.
It's fair to say that if Potara was x50 or more better than dancing Kaioshin would probably have stressed that to convince them to do it.
Therefore Base Vegito shouldn't be close to Super Gogeta imo.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:16 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:46 am

You perhaps don't know that Base Veggetto versus Buuhan was anime only? He went Super straight away in the manga.
I don't see any reason why the SS1 multiplier should be lower for fusions.
You know what Akira Toriyamas like why would he think "I'll make base fusions stronger than makes sense but their super saiyan multplier will be lower than usual for no reason to compensate" this is absolutely not something he'd do. He likes to keep things simple. and I'll never mention this in the story or interviews" There's certainly no reason to think Gogeta also gets different multipliers to Veggetto either, that makes even less sense.

All we know is that Potara is stronger, according to elder kaioshin (how much by exactly we don't know) than the dance is. Ergo Vegetto > Gogeta in the same form.
It's fair to say that if Potara was x50 or more better than dancing Kaioshin would probably have stressed that to convince them to do it.
Therefore Base Vegito shouldn't be close to Super Gogeta imo.
Just because simply is "anime only" doesn't mean it doesn't count (especially if its backed up by official guides, like Buuhan nearly destroying the universe.)
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:18 pm

Your headcanon is baseless. Transformation multipliers are the same for everyone. There's nothing in the series saying that they aren't.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:46 am

ruler9871 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Your headcanon is baseless. Transformation multipliers are the same for everyone. There's nothing in the series saying that they aren't.
Can i say I love you for saying that? XD

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:06 am

ruler9871 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:18 pm
And so what? Did I force you to learn my headcannon? My headcannon, my issues.
P O W E R

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:59 am

Gine vs all of OG Dragon Ball? Gine may be pretty weak for a Saiyan, but is she an absolute BEAST compared to at least most of OG Dragon Ball?
Caulifla best girl! :)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:11 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:59 am Gine vs all of OG Dragon Ball? Gine may be pretty weak for a Saiyan, but is she an absolute BEAST compared to at least most of OG Dragon Ball?

Yeah I mean Raditz was a combatant at 1000 something.

She was on the battlefield before being transfered to meat handling, bardock had to save her a bunch of times but I imagine she'd have been speedblitzed If she was that weak like 200pl....

I'd say weaker than Raditz.... I can't picture her blowing up the moon.... But maybe she could.

Perhaps as weak as 21st budokai Goku but no stronger than BoZ Goku...

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:44 am

-Hearts vs. Merged Zamasu
-Candy Vegito vs Zeno’s Candy

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:32 am

Rebel_Yeh wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:44 am -Hearts vs. Merged Zamasu
Hearts is slamming hit and vegeta into the ground effortlessly. Zam is weaker.

Zenos candy?

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:25 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:32 am
Rebel_Yeh wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:44 am -Hearts vs. Merged Zamasu
Hearts is slamming hit and vegeta into the ground effortlessly. Zam is weaker.

Zenos candy?
Yup, it’s the candy Zeno gave to the Grand Priest.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:59 am Gine vs all of OG Dragon Ball? Gine may be pretty weak for a Saiyan, but is she an absolute BEAST compared to at least most of OG Dragon Ball?
Gine easily. I have her a little weaker than Raditz at 1,200.

There's no Gohan and Makankosappo to save the DB crew from her.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:22 pm
Gine easily. I have her a little weaker than Raditz at 1,200.

There's no Gohan and Makankosappo to save the DB crew from her.
Raditz was third class but he stayed in the battlefield from being an even weaker kid to Piccolo...

Gine literally had to quit or got fired because she was so much more useless than average.

So surely that's too small a gap between her and adult Raditz.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 am Raditz was third class but he stayed in the battlefield from being an even weaker kid to Piccolo...

Gine literally had to quit or got fired because she was so much more useless than average.

She quit because she has a gentle personality and that makes her unsuited for battle. Nowhere is it stated she was actually weak physically.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Yes, a weak DBZ character such as Gine would absolutely slaughter everyone from OG Dragon Ball, just as a generally weak DBS character would slaughter anything from DBZ.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:29 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 am Raditz was third class but he stayed in the battlefield from being an even weaker kid to Piccolo...

She quit because she has a gentle personality and that makes her unsuited for battle. Nowhere is it stated she was actually weak physically.
Didn't it say Bardock had to keep rescuing her?
Can't imagine saiyan society would let her drop out if she was useful.

Goku was still an adult saiyan by BoZ and he trained an liked fighting. I just don't see a deliberate drop out being as strong as him.

But yeah just being an adult saiyan with some combat experience probably puts her above 22jd budokai level. I just struggle to see her blowing up the moon or slapping king piccolo about....

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Prum vs. Dr. Rota