Lionel wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:40 pm
What if the matches in the 21st DB tournament were switched around and most characters battled against different opponents?
1. Goku vs Bacterian
2. Krillin vs Nam
3. Yamcha vs Giran
4. Jackie Chun vs Ran Fan
Since the touranments afterwards became progressively streamlined from a mechanics standpoint it's difficult to find interesting match ups that wouldn't end up with one character predictably dominating the other. Here's a few that might work though...
1. Goku vs Chaozu
2. Krillin vs Yamcha
3. Pamput vs Man-Wolf
1. Krillin vs Tao Pai Pai
2. Tenshinhan vs Hero (trying to keep in mind the Taiyoken and Kikoho here)
3. Yamcha vs Chichi
1) Goku has an accute sense of smell, he should struggle quite a bit, but eventually learn to not smell the guy and take him out.
2) Krilin, this is the closest to Goku he ever was.
3) I think Giran. Goku had a tough fight.
4) Jackie, of course.
1) Goku would defeat Chaozu in a different way than Krilin.
2) I love early DB Krilin, I'm with him here.
3) I want to say Pamput but the Man-Wolf was kinda scary IIRC.
1) I think Krilin is out of his league here.
2) Tenshinhan, he won that tournament, so...
3) Yamcha had overcome his social anxiety, and probably would have to do more than just an air-punch, but he should win.
Yuji wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:15 pm
How about some team matches?
Firstly, a battle royale:
- Team 1: MSS Goku (Cell Games), MSS Gohan (Cell Games), Perfect Cell
- Team 2: Frost, SS Cabba, Magetta
- Team 3: OG73-I, Granolah, Gas
Secondly, a 1v1 knockout tournament in the same fashion as the Champa arc:
- Team 1: Piccolo, Artificial Human #17, Gohan (all current)
- Team 2: Super Perfect Cell, Gotenks Boo, Golden Freeza (RF)
Finally, a good old fashioned gauntlet for current Mr. Boo:
- Super Boo
- Gotenks Boo
- Gohan Boo
- SSG Goku (BoG)
- Golden Freeza (RF)
- SSR Goku Black
- Merged Zamasu
- CSSB Goku (ToP)
All of these for the manga, of course.
1) nice one. My money is on the U6 team, they fought DBS SS. Too soon to tell where Team 3 stands, but in a battle royale, OG73 should grab a neck pretty easily, but even then, he can be defeated by teamwork.
2) Piccolo takes Cell, loses to Buutenks (I still don't believe he is blue tier or that he can solo Z). 17 takes Buutenks easily, probably loses to RoF Golden Freeza. Gohan takes it home.
3) After seeing him beat up old Moro, who seemed to be somewhat below SSG (aside of his magic), I think Buu defeats every Buu iteration in front of him. Due to power inflation, I guess BoG SSG should also go down, or at least put up a great fight.
Mr. Buu loses to everybody after SSG Goku.