The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:51 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:47 pm I don't really think that the gap between these fighters are such that equal BPs are necessary. Maji Kayo and Boo shouldn't be too different in strength if Maji Kayo is in his normal and speed form, if anything Boo is probably stronger. If he's in his muscular form then the gap in strength increases a lot in Maji Kayo's favor but Boo's weird abilities could help circumvent it. Magetta's main thing is being very durable and he's slow, so I don't really see him easily beating Boo or Maji Kayo regardless of equal PLs. If anything Magetta is susceptible to candy beam or being absorbed by Boo.
Maji Kayo gave trouble to SS Goku. Kid Boo is an ant to him.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:35 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:51 pm
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:47 pm I don't really think that the gap between these fighters are such that equal BPs are necessary. Maji Kayo and Boo shouldn't be too different in strength if Maji Kayo is in his normal and speed form, if anything Boo is probably stronger. If he's in his muscular form then the gap in strength increases a lot in Maji Kayo's favor but Boo's weird abilities could help circumvent it. Magetta's main thing is being very durable and he's slow, so I don't really see him easily beating Boo or Maji Kayo regardless of equal PLs. If anything Magetta is susceptible to candy beam or being absorbed by Boo.
Maji Kayo gave trouble to SS Goku. Kid Boo is an ant to him.
I acknowledge the strength gap, but that's in his muscular form only. He would likely need to switch forms during the match to fit the situation. And it was acknowledged that Maji Kayo being a tricky fighter is why he got the drop on Goku instead of it just being a case of raw power.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:50 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:35 pm I acknowledge the strength gap, but that's in his muscular form only. He would likely need to switch forms during the match to fit the situation. And it was acknowledged that Maji Kayo being a tricky fighter is why he got the drop on Goku instead of it just being a case of raw power.
Why wouldn't he use his muscular form and just one shot Boo?

Even if he trapped Goku by trickery, Goku still needed something stronger than Super Saiyan to break free. Maji Kayo is in the SS tier which makes him dimensions apart from Kid Boo.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:06 am

ZombieVito wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:50 am
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:35 pm I acknowledge the strength gap, but that's in his muscular form only. He would likely need to switch forms during the match to fit the situation. And it was acknowledged that Maji Kayo being a tricky fighter is why he got the drop on Goku instead of it just being a case of raw power.

Even if he trapped Goku by trickery, Goku still needed something stronger than Super Saiyan to break free. Maji Kayo is in the SS tier which makes him dimensions apart from Kid Boo.
Because he doesn't necessarily have parity to SSJ Goku just because he trapped him. Maji Kayo isn't some weakling, his power is relevant to the TOP, but his performance vs Goku is mentioned to be due to trickery. There are instances like Zamasu holding both Trunks and SSB Goku in place simultaneously even though he's weaker than Trunks whom wasn't close to SSB level at that point.

There's also Goku going Blue to shake off Nink at the beginning of the tournament. Does that mean that Nink is above everything below Blue? No.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:01 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:06 am
ZombieVito wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:50 am

Because he doesn't necessarily have parity to SSJ Goku just because he trapped him. Maji Kayo isn't some weakling, his power is relevant to the TOP, but his performance vs Goku is mentioned to be due to trickery. There are instances like Zamasu holding both Trunks and SSB Goku in place simultaneously even though he's weaker than Trunks whom wasn't close to SSB level at that point.

There's also Goku going Blue to shake off Nink at the beginning of the tournament. Does that mean that Nink is above everything below Blue? No.
I mean, later on Goku Black sent Future Zamasu to torture and kill Super Saiyan Rage Trunks. Either Goku Black is a complete idiot who utterly failed at reading power levels (impossible, since he's Canonically stated to be a fighting genius), or Future Zamasu isn't as weak as we thought, and is indeed powerful enough to torture and kill SSR Trunks (as we know, Immortality didn't boost his power level).

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:18 am

Probably been debated a million times, but SS Gogeta had a bit of trouble with Broly's final form while blue Gogeta mopped the floor with him.

Which level of SS for Gogeta would have been an even match?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:27 am

MrGohanks wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:11 pm MUI Goku (Start of Z) vs SSJ1 Vegito (Buu saga)

SSBE Vegeta (Start of BoG) vs Golden Freeza (RoF)

Base Gogeta (Saiyan saga) vs 2nd Form Freeza (Namek arc)

Krillin (ToP anime) vs Android 18 (Z)
1) Seems to be too big of a gap for the technique to close with a BP of 400. Not sure how big is the UI boost, but I doubt is that big to make the weakest Goku, beat the strongest Z fusion. Vegito probably in base can oneshot.

2) Freeza was above a RoF SSB, so a BoG SSB would be dead, however SSBE might be enough to put them on equal grounds. I think Vegeta takes it before SSBE doesn't drain like the Golden form.

3) Gogeta would be 18k with the capacity to four-fold his power, let's go with 20k. That's not enough to beat Ginyu. If Gogeta has a tail, he can go ohzaru, become 200,000. Vegeta's control over the ape form might let Ohzaru Gogeta use KK. I reckon a fusion might be able to take the toll of higher versions of KK, so I doubt his limit is 4x. For simplicity sake, let's say he can do a KKx8 at best. That'd be 1,600,000, hardly enough to fight 2nd form Freeza. And also the tail, Freeza cuts it and the fight is over.

4) 18 beats Krilin enough so he can still go to work and pay the bills on time.
Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:18 am Probably been debated a million times, but SS Gogeta had a bit of trouble with Broly's final form while blue Gogeta mopped the floor with him.

He wasn't instantly killed by Broly, wasn't seriously injured either. SS2 should've let him trade blows even if he is on the losing end, and SS3 should definitely give him back the edge, even if it's like when they were both SS. Although, that's never a good choice, SS3, with the stamina drain and all.
Broly powers up a couple of times later, so SSG should've worked at least until the very end, having a fight much closer than as SSB.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:29 am

Who would win in a fight between Xicor from Dragon Ball AF, Super Saiyan God Goku from God to God, and SSJ5 Rigor from Dragon Ball New Age? (Super Saiyan God lasts the entire fight and does not run out after barely 5 minutes like in the movie)
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:12 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:29 am Who would win in a fight between Xicor from Dragon Ball AF, Super Saiyan God Goku from God to God, and SSJ5 Rigor from Dragon Ball New Age? (Super Saiyan God lasts the entire fight and does not run out after barely 5 minutes like in the movie)
Hasn’t Rigor actually beaten Xicor before? I’d say he takes it and Xicor comes in second because AF.
Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:18 am Probably been debated a million times, but SS Gogeta had a bit of trouble with Broly's final form while blue Gogeta mopped the floor with him.

Logically Gogeta went to his strongest form because his second strongest wouldn’t be enough, and it doesn’t look like he went for the overkill since Broly took quite a beating without serious damage and made Gogeta go all out to finish him. So it’s gonna take SSJG Gogeta to just maybe rival initial LSSJ Broly I’d say.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:46 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:12 pm Logically Gogeta went to his strongest form because his second strongest wouldn’t be enough, and it doesn’t look like he went for the overkill since Broly took quite a beating without serious damage and made Gogeta go all out to finish him. So it’s gonna take SSJG Gogeta to just maybe rival initial LSSJ Broly I’d say.
Actually according to promotional material LSS Broly = SSB Gogeta. The only reason Broly lost was because he went berserk.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:04 pm

SSj3 Vegito vs

Super Baby Vegeta 2
Golden Oozaru Baby
Super 17
Yi Xing Long
Super Xing Long

This is a Vegito from a timeline where he never defuse in Buu's body. Seeing that he has 15 years of training, how far does he go?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:49 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:04 pm SSj3 Vegito vs

Super Baby Vegeta 2
Golden Oozaru Baby
Super 17
Yi Xing Long
Super Xing Long

This is a Vegito from a timeline where he never defuse in Buu's body. Seeing that he has 15 years of training, how far does he go?
With 15 years of training? He one shots them all with ease. I don't think he would even need to go past Super Saiyan.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:04 am

ZombieVito wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:46 pm
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:12 pm Logically Gogeta went to his strongest form because his second strongest wouldn’t be enough, and it doesn’t look like he went for the overkill since Broly took quite a beating without serious damage and made Gogeta go all out to finish him. So it’s gonna take SSJG Gogeta to just maybe rival initial LSSJ Broly I’d say.
Actually according to promotional material LSS Broly = SSB Gogeta. The only reason Broly lost was because he went berserk.
That's interesting. Do you have the source for that?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm

Goku9001 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:04 am
ZombieVito wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:46 pm
That's interesting. Do you have the source for that?

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Super Baby Vegeta 2
Golden Oozaru Baby
Super 17
Yi Xing Long
Super Xing Long

15 years is too much. I think it would just take him one to surpass Baby and maybe Super 17. For Yi it would take what, 3 years?
ZombieVito wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm Image
I was going to agree if they just said Broly = Gogeta, but saying they fought evenly is not only a bit different but also outright false. Broly couldn't lay a finger on Gogeta Blue the whole fight.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:04 pm

Orange Piccolo and Final Gohan vs. Granolah

How does this battle go?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:56 pm

Master Roshi (TOP) vs. Future Zamasu

Future Trunks vs. Champa's team (Botamo, Frost, Magetta, Cabba, and Hit) in 1v1's

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:47 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:44 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm Image
I was going to agree if they just said Broly = Gogeta, but saying they fought evenly is not only a bit different but also outright false. Broly couldn't lay a finger on Gogeta Blue the whole fight.
They did fight pretty evenly in that odd dimension. It could just be referring to that.

It's also possible that these guides are just retroactively adding certain details that were never really shown in the movie given that the novelization as far as we know makes no implication of Broly being equal to Gogeta Blue.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Base Gogeta (Cell Games) vs All 7 Cell Jr's.

SSJ2 Cabba vs Present Zamasu

SSJ3 Goku (17 arc) vs SSJ2 Vegito (Buu saga)

Orange Piccolo vs Full Power Jiren (no limit breaker)

Final Gohan (Late Saiyan saga) vs SSJR Goku Black (anime)

Yamcha (Cell Games) vs 3rd form Freeza (Namek arc)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:27 pm

Peach wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:56 pm Master Roshi (TOP) vs. Future Zamasu

Future Trunks vs. Champa's team (Botamo, Frost, Magetta, Cabba, and Hit) in 1v1's
1- Zamasu makes Roshi his pet. Like Paris Hilton with Butters Stotch, Zamasu has a book with all the pictures of Roshi dressed as a bear or as cute little puppy. Eventually, Roshi dressed as a koala bear or something will get murdered.

2- Trunks beats all of them but Hit. He'd need to tenfold his power to keep up with the time skip.
Goku9001 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:47 am
They did fight pretty evenly in that odd dimension. It could just be referring to that.
It was only even when they were both SS, once Broly hulks up, SS Gogeta stands his ground decently, but once he goes SSB, Broly spams ki attacks, Geta dodges and kicks him back to his dimension. Green vs Blue was only "even" when Gogeta was dodging ki blasts. Whatever that scan refers to, wasn't on the movie. Blue was untouchable for Broly.

Super Baby Vegeta 2
Golden Oozaru Baby
Super 17
Yi Xing Long
Super Xing Long

Vegito should stomp easily. Even Goku after all that time was able to defeat or fight those guys. He should be in base or SS, as strong as SS3 Goku. Make him go SS3 and nobody has a chance.
MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:22 pm Base Gogeta (Cell Games) vs All 7 Cell Jr's.

SSJ2 Cabba vs Present Zamasu

SSJ3 Goku (17 arc) vs SSJ2 Vegito (Buu saga)

Yamcha (Cell Games) vs 3rd form Freeza (Namek arc)

1) Gogeta should be around SS Goku, stronger I guess. One Cell Jr. shouldn't be a problem, two probably some effort needed. But 7 sounds like too much. Now, with KK, he can do it with his eyes closed.

2) Cabba was even with Vegeta, and Zamasu wasn't strong enough to take SS2 Goku. Cabba wins.

3) I'm guessing it's the GT arc. If Goku's base, arcs prior to the S-17 arc, was on par with Z SS3, similar to Base Vegito's, then his SS3 should clear SS2 Vegito.

4) He was mistaken with a pre-Namek Goku. I think at best he can take 2nd form Freeza and with help from the gang. No way he got stronger than Piccolo+Nail on his own in such a short time.