The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fox666
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Fox666 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 am

But even if Dabra supposedly should go all out against Again, it's very common for characters to not fight with all of their power. For example, Goku told Freeza he won't forgive him for killing the namekians, saiyans and all other species, and still player with Freeza a LOT before fighting serious.

Or is it just me because Goku said Dabra was equal to Cell in strength, so I am imagining Dabra doing the same as Cell (not using all of his power).

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Adamant wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote: In both scenarios, Panput's stronger than Videl, so he wins in scenario 1. However, in scenario 2, Videl can fly, which gives her an advantage and means she has less of a chance of recieving ring-out. So Videl wins in scenario 2.
I dunno... I assume Panputto is much faster than Videl too, so how much is her ability to fly going to help her? She'll have to get close to him to get in any hits, at which point he'd dodge/block and hit her instead, if she plays keepaway, he'd probably be able to catch her if she stays over the ring, and if she doesn't, he'll just have to wait for her to either return, or exhaust her qi and be forced to land on the ground.
Yeah, you're right. I've changed my mind; Panput would win in both scenarios.

As for whether or not Dabra was using full power against Gohan, I think he was. His mission was to deal as much damage to Gohan as possible to generate power for Majin Boo's resurrection, so why would he betray his master's orders and just hold back for no apparent reason?

Now for the Super Ginyu Tokusentai Battle Supreme!!!

Recoom vs. Butta
Gurd vs. Jheese
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote: His mission was to deal as much damage to Gohan as possible
The very first minute of their fight?

Even though Babidi wanted to resurrect Boo ASAP, Dabra was confident in his power so there was no big rush for him. Basically, according to Dabra the resurrection of Boo was guaranteed already, so why not play with his victim bit?
Last edited by hleV on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:44 pm

hleV wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote: His mission was to deal as much damage to Gohan as possible
At the very first minute of their fight?
Probably. He knew how important it was to Bobbodi to have Boo resurrected as soon as possible. Why would he just fuck around for the lulz?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
hleV wrote:
At the very first minute of their fight?
Probably. He knew how important it was to Bobbodi to have Boo resurrected as soon as possible. Why would he just fuck around for the lulz?
Resurrecting Boo that particular day was already soon enough (I believe that's stated). Dabra wasn't controlled to an extent of not acting like an arrogant prick who wants to display his abilities, as long as the victory is guaranteed.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:14 pm

hleV wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
hleV wrote:At the very first minute of their fight?
Resurrecting Boo that particular day was already soon enough (I believe that's stated). Dabra wasn't controlled to an extent of not acting like an arrogant prick who wants to display his abilities, as long as the victory is guaranteed.
Dabra didn't know that the victory was guaranteed. Maybe there is room for speculation that, in the very first minute of the fight, he held back somewhat, but afterwards, I think he'd be at full power. Hell, he tried to turn Gohan into stone, and by the end of it, he was as winded as him.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote: Recoom vs. Butta
Gurd vs. Jheese
Burta was specifically pointed out to be extremely fast, and nothing was ever said about him being physically weaker than Jeese and Recoom, so his speed advantage should make him win against either of them.

As for Ghurd... both he and his comrades believed he would be able to easily take Vegeta when they were "debating" who got to fight who, and once he stopped underestimating them, he was about to win against Gohan and Kuririn until Vegeta butted in. He knows how strong Jeese is, so there'd be no reason for him to want to toy around. If he pulled off that paralyzing technique of his right away, he should take the win easily enough.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Bobbodi
Eh?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:36 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Eh?
"I" is right next to "O" on keyboards(that I know of). I think he uses Viz spellings, so it should be Bobbidi IIRC.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:56 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Eh?
"I" is right next to "O" on keyboards(that I know of). I think he uses Viz spellings, so it should be Bobbidi IIRC.
Yeah, that's right. Just a typo. :)

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Adamant wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Recoom vs. Butta
Gurd vs. Jheese
Burta was specifically pointed out to be extremely fast, and nothing was ever said about him being physically weaker than Jeese and Recoom, so his speed advantage should make him win against either of them.

As for Ghurd... both he and his comrades believed he would be able to easily take Vegeta when they were "debating" who got to fight who, and once he stopped underestimating them, he was about to win against Gohan and Kuririn until Vegeta butted in. He knows how strong Jeese is, so there'd be no reason for him to want to toy around. If he pulled off that paralyzing technique of his right away, he should take the win easily enough.
Yeah, Recoom, Butta and Jheese are all close in strength, but Butta has the advantage of speed. However, Recoom's a tank, so I wonder if he'd be able to take Butta's blows long enough to wear him down and take the win. But Recoom could've just appeared so durable because it was Vegeta, who was weaker than him, he was fighting.

But for Gurd vs. Jheese, I'm not sure. Jheese knows Gurd, so he wouldn't be stupid enough to attack him head-on like Gohan and Kuririn, which Vegeta warned them not to do (although he could've just been underestimating Gurd, as it's not as if he was fighting him). It's possible that Jheese, with his superior speed and power, could win over the physically weaker, panicky Gurd, who may not be fast enough to pull out his paralysis at the right time.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Considering Vegeta couldn't even see Guldo moving, probably he would be able to overcome Jhess as well with by freezing the time or paralyzing him. The question is if he has enough power to actually kill him. I suppose anyone dies if you open his mouth and fire a blast?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Fox666 wrote:Considering Vegeta couldn't even see Guldo moving, probably he would be able to overcome Jhess as well with by freezing the time or paralyzing him. The question is if he has enough power to actually kill him. I suppose anyone dies if you open his mouth and fire a blast?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But yeah, I also wonder if he has enough power to kill him. Jheese would likely be well into the 40,000s, while Gurd is probably far below 10,000. That's a huge difference there.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Guldo could still keep up with the rest of the Ginyu Tokusentai while flying, so I suppose he still fast for his mediocre battle power. Even so, I also wouldn't put him far behind Kuririn and Gohan in terms of battle power.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But yeah, I also wonder if he has enough power to kill him. Jheese would likely be well into the 40,000s, while Gurd is probably far below 10,000. That's a huge difference there.
If he was completely paralyzed, Ghurd could choke him to death with a finger. Power differences won't matter much.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:08 am

Adamant wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But yeah, I also wonder if he has enough power to kill him. Jheese would likely be well into the 40,000s, while Gurd is probably far below 10,000. That's a huge difference there.
If he was completely paralyzed, Ghurd could choke him to death with a finger. Power differences won't matter much.
Yeah, perhaps.

@Fox666: When you say Vegeta couldn't see Gurd moving, couldn't it be that the fact that, well, he literally stopped time to grab the Dragon Ball from Kuririn, went back and then resumed time? And, I don't know whether or not this is worth mentioning, but Vegeta had only heard rumours that Gurd could stop time.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 am

Yes, he stopped the time. But you was talking about if he could put his special abilities before Jhess could attack him, and because of that I guess he does.

I mean, anyone, be Ginyu or Freeza, still would theorically take some time to reach Guldo. While Guldo would only take the speed of thought to reach his opponent.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:17 am

Fox666 wrote:Yes, he stopped the time. But you was talking about if he could put his special abilities before Jhess could attack him, and because of that I guess he does.

I mean, anyone, be Ginyu or Freeza, still would theorically take some time to reach Guldo. While Guldo would only take the speed of thought to reach his opponent.
Ah, OK. Understood.

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:17 am

Freeza vs. Android 19
and
First form cell (without absorbing human energy) vs. Android 19

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:33 am

For the 1st battle, I'd go with #19. At one point, I thought both #19 and #20 were a joke to Freeza before they absorbed energy, but now I believe they started out stronger. I don't think there's anything Freeza can do here, outside of a planet destroying attack.

The 2nd battle is hard to tell. Cell likely got much weaker after reverting to his larva form, but there's no telling how strong he is before he starts absorbing humans. Kami did have a bad vibe about him, but unlikely that it's power related. Since he was above all of the Super Saiyans after absorbing the humans of Gingertown, I'd place him somewhere around the Super Saiyans before absorbing, so he'll still be more than enough to handle #19 in battle.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~