The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:59 am

Just because he's afraid of Yakon doesn't mean that he's stronger than him. It just means that he's very strong, and as we see, he is, since, judging by their fight and Gohan's statements, he appears to be in the same tier as the base Saiyans. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, and people have different interpretations.

Some people think that Kaioshin was afraid of Pui Pui, and use that to justify their opinion that Pui Pui was stronger than Kaioshin (which I disagree with). Kaioshin was just cautious of anyone associated with Bobbodi, since he knew how dangerous Bobbodi's magic was, not to mention the fact that he has control over Boo, the guy that killed his older and stronger comrades. No wonder he thinks it best that they gang up rather than risk getting killed if they wing it by fighting alone.

And you didn't answer this:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:And how would Yakon be stronger than Kaioshin if he appeared to be in the same tier as the base Saiyans? Unless you believe "Base Saiyans > Piccolo".
Regardless of whatever Yakon's bio says, I don't see how you can twist that into making a lick of sense.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:11 am

That was already explained above by Kaboom. The only way the Saiyans could beat Yakon was to go Super Saiyan or even above that, if Yakon feels hungry, like Goku did.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:15 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I don't think they even mentioned that Goku had gotten stronger, unless you're talking about when he powered up, which could be explained that he was just releasing his power to the forefront (which is how I always interpreted it).
I take it that way as well.
Goku first revealing his power at that point makes sense in the context, that it was Coola and his squad's actions against Goku's son and friends(even Piccolo) just because of Goku himself, that pissed him off so much, he decided not to hold back any longer.

And yeah, nobody talked about a near death power-up, not even Goku himself.

As for Yakon vs. Piccolo, Piccolo takes this easily.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:22 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:I don't think they even mentioned that Goku had gotten stronger, unless you're talking about when he powered up, which could be explained that he was just releasing his power to the forefront (which is how I always interpreted it).
I take it that way as well.
Goku first revealing his power at that point makes sense in the context, that it was Coola and his squad's actions against Goku's son and friends(even Piccolo) just because of Goku himself, that pissed him off so much, he decided not to hold back any longer.

And yeah, nobody talked about a near death power-up, not even Goku himself.
Indeed. Why would he go all-out against a bunch of guys who he knows are far below him anyway? And I think he knew not to hold back against Coola either, so he used his full power. Did he already know that Coola was Freeza's brother at this point? If so, then he would know that Coola's not an opponent to take lightly.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:56 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Did he already know that Coola was Freeza's brother at this point? If so, then he would know that Coola's not an opponent to take lightly.
I'm not so sure, that Goku actually knew, that Coola was Freeza's brother. At most he could give an educated guess based on initially mistaking him for Freeza. Though he should know not to take Coola lightly based on how he easily put him out of commision in their prior encounter.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:59 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Did he already know that Coola was Freeza's brother at this point? If so, then he would know that Coola's not an opponent to take lightly.
I'm not so sure, that Goku actually knew, that Coola was Freeza's brother. At most he could give an educated guess based on initially mistaking him for Freeza. Though he should know not to take Coola lightly based on how he easily put him out of commision in their prior encounter.
Yeah, either way, he knows Coola's an opponent he can't take lightly.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:22 am

Vegeta after being healed by Dende.

vs.

Freeza:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:27 am

They'd be close in power, but I'm pretty sure Vegeta would win. He seemed pretty confident even after witnessing what 3rd-form Freeza could do, despite getting spanked by true-form Freeza.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:57 am

Kaboom wrote:So this says to me that Yakon is stronger than base Goku, but not strong enough that base Goku and Gohan couldn't take him down with a team effort. Then since I don't buy into the "base Saiyans > Kaioshin > Piccolo" thing, that means Piccolo could easily rip off both of Yakon's arm's and skewer him with his own retractable blades.
It could be that Yakon is a whole lot stronger than Goku. Dabra couldn't believe he was defeated. Looking at how Goku dodges his attacks is not exactly a trustworthy method to analyze how strong he is.

Or it could be that his light absorbing ability allow him to win battles he shouldn't with his strength alone.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 am

Vegeta wins that fight. I always saw him as the stronger of the two.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 am

Vegeta should by all means be decently stronger than 3rd form Freeza.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah, Vegeta believed that he could defeat true-form Freeza, even after seeing what third-form Freeza, so I think he'd easily win.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:06 am

I'm not sure if this was done, and I'm not sure what the majority believes on how the two compare, but here's one:

Monster Zarbon Vs Vegeta (2nd Battle)

Basically a replay of their fight, only this time Vegeta doesn't get the cheap attack on Zarbon this time. I've seen some people say they believe their powers are very close, and that Vegeta only won because of his cheap attack which weakened Zarbon--with others believing Vegeta is clearly the superior warrior, sneak attacks or not. Just want to see the consensus here.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:24 am

They are extremely close, but I'm pretty sure Vegeta would win even without the dirty tricks. He's just a much better fighter than the complacent Zarbon and Dodoria. That's what allowed him to dominate his earlier battles with them despite a small power gap. Not to mention he can sense and track Ki naturally at this point, another skill he has that they lack.
deviantART
[thread]

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 am

How about a full-blooded Saiyan battle royal? They are as follows:

- Bardock
- Borgos
- Kakarrot (during his battle against Vegeta)
- King Vegeta
- Nappa
- Paragus
- Raditz
- Scarface
- Seripa
- Shorty
- Shugesh
- Tarble
- Toma
- Turles
- Vegeta (Saiyan arc).

Who takes it?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:50 am

In Brightest Day wrote:How about a full-blooded Saiyan battle royal? They are as follows:

- Bardock
- Borgos
- Kakarrot (during his battle against Vegeta)
- King Vegeta
- Nappa
- Paragus
- Raditz
- Scarface
- Seripa
- Shorty
- Shugesh
- Tarble
- Toma
- Tullece
- Vegeta (Saiyan arc).

Who takes it?
Tullece, by far. He's definitely the strongest there.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:20 am

A direct hit 18,000 Piccolo's Mankankosappo can only make Tullece's hand sting. Tullece then defeats said Piccolo in one blast.

The strongest known(Tarble is still a mystery) opposition is an 18,000 Saiyan arc Vegeta.

Yeah, Tullece wins.
-Otherwise known as The God of DBG.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Tullece is way stronger than the others, but a "30,000 and rising" Goku was still enough to push him back, meaning he's probably around 40,000 or so. I don't think he could hold out if everyone ganged up on him, but in a true free-for-all he'd definitely come out on top.
deviantART
[thread]

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Who the fuck is "Scarface"? :?

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:35 pm

I think "Scarface" and "Shorty" refer to the two Saiyans who show up in the filler episode(s) where Kami sends Tenshinhan, Krillin, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu into that weird past-illusion-room thing to show them how strong the Saiyans are.

I have no idea if they have actual names or not, though. I know I've seen one of them called "Onion" or something like that somewhere before, but I think that might've been when their designs were reused as random enemies in one of the old NES RPGs...