The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:35 pm

No, he showed he was able to heavily injure Gohan with a small Ki blast. Cell was toying with Gohan during that struggle. He could have ended it any time he wanted.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:39 pm

If we're going to assume that Cell was just magically handed a crapload of power from his regeneration a la Mystic Gohan, then fine, DBZ has worse affronts to logic out there.

And regardless of whether Gohan got angry, he still had vastly reduced power and lost the use of an arm. If he started as a 10 in SSJ2 and was cut down to a 5, we cannot sanely assume that he just magically vaulted up to a 15 when in such a terrible state. SSJ2 Gohan at 10 was kicking Cell around like he was Raditz - at best, we can assume that Cell managed to regenerate at something like an 8.5 or whatever.

As far as injuring Gohan, first of all, if that was a "small" blast then so is the Big Bang Attack. Secondly, it has been repeatedly shown throughout DBZ that characters who are off their guard can be injured by inferior fighters.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:If we're going to assume that Cell was just magically handed a crapload of power from his regeneration a la Mystic Gohan, then fine, DBZ has worse affronts to logic out there.

And regardless of whether Gohan got angry, he still had vastly reduced power and lost the use of an arm. If he started as a 10 in SSJ2 and was cut down to a 5, we cannot sanely assume that he just magically vaulted up to a 15 when in such a terrible state. SSJ2 Gohan at 10 was kicking Cell around like he was Raditz - at best, we can assume that Cell managed to regenerate at something like an 8.5 or whatever.

As far as injuring Gohan, first of all, if that was a "small" blast then so is the Big Bang Attack. Secondly, it has been repeatedly shown throughout DBZ that characters who are off their guard can be injured by inferior fighters.
It's not an assumption; we know that Cell got a huge power up. It's said so numerous times. And again, a 2x zenkai would be one of the smaller ones in the series. A huge difference was stated between Perfect and Super Perfect Cell.

As for your other point, off guard attacks have been shown to send stronger fighters flying, not injure them. Freeza wasn't hurt by Piccolo, and Buu wasn't damaged by Trunks.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:50 pm

That still doesn't change the fact that an injured Gohan destroyed a perfectly healthy "improved" Cell.

So which is it?

Did Cell get a "SSJ2" to his "SSJ" and Gohan just magically pulled a Buu arc-level blast out of his ass?

Or did Gohan just use up his SSJ2 reserves to vaporize a Cell who wasn't really THAT much stronger?

One of these things seems infinitely more likely to me.
Special Beam Cannon!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:That still doesn't change the fact that an injured Gohan destroyed a perfectly healthy "improved" Cell.

So which is it?

Did Cell get a "SSJ2" to his "SSJ" and Gohan just magically pulled a Buu arc-level blast out of his ass?

Or did Gohan just use up his SSJ2 reserves to vaporize a Cell who wasn't really THAT much stronger?

One of these things seems infinitely more likely to me.
By pure luck. As Oozaru mentioned above, Cell was toying with him.

Seeing as Cell is specifically said to be much stronger after regenerating, then it's apparent that Gohan utilized his dormant powers in the beam struggle. I don't see why you keep saying "magically pulling it out of his ass;" isn't that what Gohan has been doing for the entire series up until that point?
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Because he was severely injured.

That's kind of important.
Special Beam Cannon!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 am

Cursed Lemon wrote:Because he was severely injured.

That's kind of important.
And Cell wasn't trying. See how we can go back and forth with this? And Cell wasn't worried about facing Gohan even before he was injured, and proceeded to cripple him with one attack, again, without even trying. He was said to get a power boost like Gohan's, which was a 2x boost, which would make his Super Perfect state stronger than Gohan's SSJ2 form, as Perfect Cell was stronger than SSJ Gohan. Pretty much everything points to Cell being stronger than Gohan when the latter is not utilizing his dormant power.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:06 am

But there is no way Gohan got over his original power with his sudden increase in effort.

And, IMHOtep you're putting way, way too high of an emphasis on Vegeta's distraction.

If Cell was so insanely strong as you're postulating, he could've easily countered.
Special Beam Cannon!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 am

Last post before bed time.

Rage SSJ2 Saiyan Arc(Raditz) Gohan vs Kaioken x2 Goku(Ginyu arc)
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 am

Cursed Lemon wrote:IMHOtep you're putting way, way too high of an emphasis on Vegeta's distraction.

If Cell was so insanely strong as you're postulating, he could've easily countered.
Vegeta's distraction was what allowed Gohan to take Cell off guard.

And Cell didn't know it was coming. How could he have countered it?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:11 am

Okay...answer me this.

SPC vs. SSJ2 Gohan full on senzu beanage.

Who wins?
Special Beam Cannon!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 am

Cursed Lemon wrote:Okay...answer me this.

Who wins?
Depends. If Cell would just go all out, then he could probably take this, after a tough fight. However, if he acts in-character, then he'd probably mock Gohan about his inability to protect the Earth, and end up killing a bird or something, resulting in Gohan freaking out and annihilating him.

So... if he used common sense, Cell, and if he acted like he always does, Gohan. Unless a freak accident occurs, and Cell once again manages to have one of his cells survive. The resulting zenkai would allow him to crush Gohan.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:05 am

Probably been done to death but....

SSj2 Kid Gohan (with Goku holding his hand) Vs. SSj2 Vegeta pre-Majin.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:22 am

Kid Buu wrote:Probably been done to death but....

Gohan wins. Vegeta wasn't sure if he would be stronger than enraged SS2 Gohan, and after the Babidi's power-up, he was implied to be not much stronger than enraged SS2 Gohan.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:23 am

Who wins?
It's a fairly even fight. I think Gohan and Cell are equals without Gohan getting the rage boost he had during the Kamehameha. Cell has to be at least equal to Gohan cause such severe damage to Gohan with a relatively small attack.

Gohan wrecks him. Goku wouldn't even need to hold his hand.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Excluding the holding hands joke...Gohan would win without Goku's health...SSJ2 Kid Gohan is relatively in Majin Vegeta's league. SSJ2 Vegeta pre boost should be significantly weaker than that.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Who wins?
SPC is more skilled than Gohan. Could go either way!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:49 pm

SPC is a dumbass, but he's still more skilled than Gohan and has better abilities. He pounds Gohan's face in.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm still amused by the notion that Cell is a dumb ass just because he wants a challenge.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Based on the "Yajirobe" thread - Yamcha Vs. Yajirobe at the end of DB.

For the sake of the fight, let's ignore the whole "Yamcha can only win a fight if it involves Chichis or someone called Chichi" rule.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.