The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Who do you think is the strongest character a hypothetical saiyan saga Vegito could beat?

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm

At bare minimum he could end Freeza's first form. At max he could take on about 6% of Freeza's maximum. This is disregarding Kaioken. With Kaioken, assuming he could get up to 20x after fusion, he could beat Freeza outright at max.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:28 pm

The Monkey King wrote:Who do you think is the strongest character a hypothetical saiyan saga Vegito could beat?
In base, he would be roughly equal to SS Goku on Namek. With Oozaru, he could hang in right up to Fat Buu, beating all the SS2 characters, Cell and Dabura.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:42 pm

I'd like to see you try and make a BP list where Buu has a BP of 1,500,000,000. It won't work out for you, and before you say fan made BPs mean nothing, this is simple math. The Cyborg arc scales in such a way that makes this pretty much impossible.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:35 am

Someone who could stomp all the SS2s at the same time being below 1,500,000,000?...yeah, I'm just gonna ignore that one.

Anyway, if you want to get really excessive, you could go with SS3 Goku < SS Gotenks pre <<<<< SS Gotenks post (expected) < base Gotenks <<<<<<<<<<<<< SS Gotenks post <<< Super Buu < SS3 Gotenks < Gohan < Buutenks < base Gokhan < base Vegetto =< Buuhan, which would make base Vegetto something like six hundred thousand times stronger than base Goku. Then the weakest character who could actually take Saiyan Saga Super Vegetto would be Super Buu, and the weakest that could take base Vegetto would be full power Perfect Cell. It's unknown how much of a difference their (Goku and Vegeta) larger power disparity will make, though, when considering the final result (Vegetto).

I choose to be more conservative; a hypothetical saiyan saga Vegetto, in base, would for me be second form Freeza tier. If Goku and Vegeta just so happened to have the same power level of 18,000, he'd be exactly as strong as Initial Final Form Freeza, i.e. comparable to base Goku at the end of the Namek Saga. Though maybe I should revise that position, as a non-absurd multiplier more or less requires ignoring what Old Kai said about Buutenks.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:42 am

Piccolo (DBUniverse/Eoz) vs Dabura.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:07 am

Zombie wrote:Piccolo (DBUniverse/Eoz) vs Dabura.
Dabra smashes him like a bug.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 am

Kid Buu wrote:Based on the "Yajirobe" thread - Yamcha Vs. Yajirobe at the end of DB.

For the sake of the fight, let's ignore the whole "Yamcha can only win a fight if it involves Chichis or someone called Chichi" rule.
Yo?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Zombie wrote:Piccolo (DBUniverse/Eoz) vs Dabura.
Dabura.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 pm

So 10-20 years are not enough for Piccolo to catch up to SSJ Gohan?

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Zombie wrote:So 10-20 years are not enough for Piccolo to catch up to SSJ Gohan?
It's just 10 and no. Not even GT Piccolo is strong enough to beat Dabura. He's close, but still weaker.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:18 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I'd like to see you try and make a BP list where Buu has a BP of 1,500,000,000. It won't work out for you, and before you say fan made BPs mean nothing, this is simple math. The Cyborg arc scales in such a way that makes this pretty much impossible.
Super Vegeta is roughly double SS Goku on Namek.
Cell Games Goku is roughly double Super Vegeta.
The Super Saiyan 2s are roughly double Cell Games Goku.

2 x 2 x 2 = 8, and Oozaru is x10.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:36 pm

SSJ Goku on Namek vs. SSJ Trunks (pre ROSAT)
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Rocketman wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:I'd like to see you try and make a BP list where Buu has a BP of 1,500,000,000. It won't work out for you, and before you say fan made BPs mean nothing, this is simple math. The Cyborg arc scales in such a way that makes this pretty much impossible.
Super Vegeta is roughly double SS Goku on Namek.
Cell Games Goku is roughly double Super Vegeta.
The Super Saiyan 2s are roughly double Cell Games Goku.

2 x 2 x 2 = 8, and Oozaru is x10.
Nope.
Semi perfect Cell = FP Imperfect Cell + Android 18
Super Vegeta only being double Namek saga SSJ Goku makes no sense.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:15 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Zombie wrote:So 10-20 years are not enough for Piccolo to catch up to SSJ Gohan?
It's just 10 and no. Not even GT Piccolo is strong enough to beat Dabura. He's close, but still weaker.
I included Universe in there, even if it's not canon.

I really don't see why he couldn't beat Dabura or at least be close to him at EoZ.

And lol GT Piccolo destroys Dabura. He solos DBZ except Vegetto.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:52 pm

GT Piccolo was controlling Hell. Ridlo was down there, and he's at least stronger than any Z-era SS2 aside from Gotenks.
SSJ Goku on Namek vs. SSJ Trunks (pre ROSAT)
Trunks stomps. So. Hard.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Arm wrestling contest

LSSJ3 Broly vs Birsu vs Whis vs SSG Goku vs Buff Roshi vs USSSJ Vegeta vs Buff Garlic vs 100% Freezza

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:57 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Arm wrestling contest

LSSJ3 Broly vs Birsu vs Whis vs SSG Goku vs Buff Roshi vs USSSJ Vegeta vs Buff Garlic vs 100% Freezza
...I'm convinced this is not a serious match-up. I don't know why. I just get the feeling.

Anyway, Whis rips everyone else's arms off and beats them to death with them. Thereby winning the arm wrestle. That's how you play, right?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Wonder what's the purpose of muscle mass in DB? I mean Vegeta(Saiyan Arc) muscle is VERY smaller than Nappa's.

Nappa vs Vegeta arm wrestlings

^ Saiyajin Arc

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 pm

I figure that ki is sort of like a multiplier. So Nappa with a power level of 100,000 vs Vegeta with a power level of 100,000 would end with Vegeta being a bloody stain because Nappa is so much bigger and buffer. Similarly, kid Goku with a power level of ten was much stronger than a human with the same power level because of his physically tough Saiyan body.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: