The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Nappa vs. Dodoria

Balance power levels. Who wins?
Nappa's 7 feet tall and made of pure muscle. Dodoria is a fat pink guy with a spikey head. I give it to Nappa.
In addition to that, Nappa at least seems to be able to amplify his ki, while Dodoria didn't appear to be able to use any techniques aside from basic ki blasts and flight. As Vegeta points out, Dodoria also has gotten lazy and complacent as Freeza's lieutenant, while Nappa has been out there fighting battles, so he should be more experienced as well.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Nappa vs. Dodoria

Balance power levels. Who wins?
I believe that Nappa has a much higher battle experience and is more "in shape" so to speak, so he would take this.
Speed-wise I wouldn't see any difference, though.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Buuhan with a SSJ3 Gotenks vs SSJ2 Vegetto

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:45 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:Buuhan with a SSJ3 Gotenks vs SSJ2 Vegetto
Regular SSJ Vegetto takes this.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Id have to say Vegito, going off how much he was dominating Buuhan in SSJ1. His power will just double as a SSJ2.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna give this to Nappa too, for all the same reasons as everyone else. Dodoria's complacent and doesn't seem used to fighting anyone but people much weaker than him, while Nappa's a hardened and practiced warrior with enough skill and natural strengths to tango with someone much stronger than him.
That's like making a 2 into a 3 and expecting it to measure up to a 10. Vegetto still wins.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:31 pm

TheGiantHogweed wrote:Wanna see how powerful people think Pocus/Pui Pui is.

Pocus vs Saiyan arc Vegeta (without Oozaru)
Pocus vs Reacoom
Pocus vs First Form Freeza
Pocus vs Final Form Freeza (100%)
Pui Pui is able to fight in a gravity 10x greater than Earth's, much like an average Saiyan would do, but he thought such a feat was impressive. I think he was barely a match for Bardock, maybe he could handle Nappa. I give him powerlevel of 4,500.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:15 pm

That's like making a 2 into a 3 and expecting it to measure up to a 10. Vegetto still wins.[/quote]

Really? Not saying Vegetto would lose but you'd think a SSJ3 would make up quite a bit of difference.. but then all the power ups were just to serve the plot...

But then again I'm of the thought the final battle should have been Buu vs Vegetto.

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:04 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:
That's like making a 2 into a 3 and expecting it to measure up to a 10. Vegetto still wins.

Really? Not saying Vegetto would lose but you'd think a SSJ3 would make up quite a bit of difference.. but then all the power ups were just to serve the plot...

But then again I'm of the thought the final battle should have been Buu vs Vegetto.
Buuhan was made up of Super Buu, Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, and Mystic Gohan. Getting rid of Goten and Trunks and replacing with SSJ3 Gotenks would do little more than raise Buuhan's power by a third, max. Super Vegetto would still crush Buu.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Draken wrote:
JamesOwnz wrote:

Buuhan was made up of Super Buu, Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, and Mystic Gohan. Getting rid of Goten and Trunks and replacing with SSJ3 Gotenks would do little more than raise Buuhan's power by a third, max. Super Vegetto would still crush Buu.
Actually, one can plausibly say that absorbing Gotenks would bring Buuhan close enough to SS Vegetto to overwhelm him. Something like this:

Buu- 60
--Buuhantenks- 235

SS3 Gotenks- 75

Gohan- 100

SS Vegetto- 250

Vegetto doesn't need to be ten times stronger or anything to do what he did to Buu. He doesn't even need to be twice as strong.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:14 pm

When was the last time someone less than twice as strong defeated someone so utterly and completely without other factors in play? And there's Vegetto saying he underestimated his own abilities, which helps reinforce some people's opinion that the anime was right in making base Vegetto able to fight Buuhan.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Draken wrote:When was the last time someone less than twice as strong defeated someone so utterly and completely without other factors in play?
That's literally happened dozens of times dude. To name a few:

King Piccolo vs Goku

Ten vs Cyborg Tao

Krillin vs Saibaman

Ten vs Saibaman

Vegeta vs Dodoria

Vegeta vs Cui

Goku vs Jeice, Burter, and Recoome (okay, he actually was over twice as strong, but according to Ginyu he didn't need to be)

Freeza vs Vegeta

Freeza vs Piccolo

Piccolo vs Gero

Imperfect Cell vs 17

Semi-Cell vs 16

I can keep going.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Goku was hungry.
I forgot the Tien battle.
That wasn't exactly a fight.
I'll give you that one, but the battle wasn't exactly on the same scale.
Loss of Yuki and Shoki
Same thing
So yea.
Well we don't exactly know what Vegeta or Freeza's exact powers were at the time.
Wasn't a complete and utter humiliating defeat
We don't know powers
We don't know powers

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:41 pm

Draken wrote:Goku was hungry.
I forgot the Tenshinhan battle.
That wasn't exactly a fight.
I'll give you that one, but the battle wasn't exactly on the same scale.
Loss of Yuki and Shoki
Same thing
So yea.
Well we don't exactly know what Vegeta or Freeza's exact powers were at the time.
Wasn't a complete and utter humiliating defeat
We don't know powers
We don't know powers
What? Where do you get that?

Okay.

He fired one attack and killed 3 of them instantly. How is that not worse than what Vegetto did to Buu?

Okay, I'll give you that.

But we do know that Vegeta was stronger than 3rd form Freeza, who was much stronger than Piccolo, who was stronger than 2nd form Freeza, who was over one million. And Freeza was around 3 million. At the very least, it's highly unlikely Freeza was twice as strong.

Yeah it was.

But given the small scaling forced by BOG, it's very likely that neither of them had a gap of x2 or more. Them being 50% gaps would actually match up with the one-shot victories in the Saiyan and Freeza sagas.

Also: Ginyu said that to move faster than Burter could see and dispatch Recoome in just one blow, someone would only need to be 60,000. We know that Burter and Recoome are quite a bit over 30,000.

Another:

70% Freeza vs SS Goku

Trunks vs King Cold (again, just one of those "very likely" scenarios rather than 100% confirmed)
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:53 pm

I was wrong about the first one I'm sorry, I realized my mistake while eating. Was remembering the Tambourine vs Goku fight.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:27 am

So assuming SSJ Vegetto ~ SSJ4 Goku. Let's have them fight, without Vegetto being able to go SSJ2 or SSJ3.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:29 am

Kid Buu wrote:So assuming SSJ Vegetto ~ SSJ4 Goku. Let's have them fight, without Vegetto being able to go SSJ2 or SSJ3.
I'm gonna say Vegetto, just because I think he can maintain SSJ longer than Goku can maintain SSJ4. I can see it going either way though.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:30 am

Kid Buu wrote:So assuming SSJ Vegetto ~ SSJ4 Goku. Let's have them fight, without Vegetto being able to go SSJ2 or SSJ3.
Vegetto is a mastered Super Saiyan, which would remove the disadvantage of Super Saiyan taking a lot of energy (seriously, it seemed even more stamina draining than Freeza's own 100% form). So then it would basically come down to pure skill and nothing else. Vegetto has Vegeta's skills in addition to Goku's, and as arrogant as Vegeta is, he can be pretty devious in a fight, and has defeated or nearly defeated people stronger than him many times with his dirty tactics (Goku, Monster Zarbon, Cell). So I'll give it to Vegetto.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:38 am

I really would like to see where everyone has Spopo, so:

Spopovich Vs 21st Budokai Goku
Spopovich Vs Nam
Spopovich Vs Tao & Cyborg Tao
Spopovich Vs Roshi (Beginning of Saiyan saga)

Just trying to get a feel for his power. This is the enhanced Spopovich.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:42 am

In my headcanon I put Puipui, Yakon, and Dabura at Oozaru Vegeta, Freeza, and Cell power respectively. So I guess if we work back from that Spopivich would probably be around Ma Junior strength.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.