The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:50 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Normal SS Gohan stomps Goku flat.
...There is absolutely no way I will ever believe that.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Goku VS The Saibamen.

How would it all go if Goku arrived from the start? Would most of the group still die? Or would Goku being there prevent that?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:56 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Goku VS The Saibamen.

How would it all go if Goku arrived from the start? Would most of the group still die? Or would Goku being there prevent that?
Goku one-shots, then one-shots Nappa, then loses to Vegeta.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Goku VS The Saibamen.

Goku one-shots, then one-shots Nappa, then loses to Vegeta.
But wouldn't Yamcha, Tienshinhan, Chioaztu (hope I spelled it right), and Piccolo still be alive? Id think their efforts combined with Goku's would have made Vegeta a much easier fight.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Gohan didn't get dat much weaker. I have him as exactly the same as Perfect Cell that fought Goku.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
According to the Daiz, CG SS Gohan = Buu arc SS Gohan. CG SS Gohan completely and utterly outclassed his father, and could stomp him easily.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Buu Arc SS1 Gohan would win, Cell Arc Gohan would refuse to fight. :lol:
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:54 pm

He might be the same power wise, but his skills are rusty. Goku would be able to out fight him.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Post by Captain Sauza » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Vegeta after his power nap on Namek vs Cooler's Armored Squadron.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Captain Sauza wrote:Vegeta after his power nap on Namek vs Cooler's Armored Squadron.
Salza managed to fight with the fused Piccolo. I'd imagine any of them could beat Vegeta.

Or, if you want to take their V-Jump numbers into account, then all together, they may be able to accomplish something. I'd say that Vegeta would still win, though.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Captain Sauza wrote:Vegeta after his power nap on Namek vs Cooler's Armored Squadron.
Salza managed to fight with the fused Piccolo. I'd imagine any of them could beat Vegeta.

Or, if you want to take their V-Jump numbers into account, then all together, they may be able to accomplish something. I'd say that Vegeta would still win, though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Vegeta cap at around 250k on Namek? And, arent the Squadron's levels at least a million?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Any single member is many times stronger than Vegeta is here.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:46 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Vegeta cap at around 250k on Namek? And, arent the Squadron's levels at least a million?
Some magazine (V-Jump, I believe) put him at 250 thousand. Some people don't accept that due to how he performed against Freeza, who was at 530 thousand, but whatever.

The armored squadron have official numbers putting them in the 100 thousands, with all of them being somewhat stronger than Ginyu. But, like you pointed out, due to how they perform against Piccolo (especially Salza), one would think that they would be at least around his level of strength.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:59 pm

There's also them giving base Goku trouble, and Salza one-shotting Gohan, who by the end of the Namek arc was heavily implied if not outright stated to be over one million without rage (and was put at 200K at the start of the Freeza battle in that same magazine- supposedly much stronger than Salza).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Post by Captain Sauza » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:02 pm

I think the official power levels could work, although the only thing that bugs me is Doore being listed with a higher PL than Sauza due to Sauza deflecting Goku's ki blast easier than Doore did and being able to deflect two ki blasts from Piccolo while Doore got killed by one.

Using their official numbers and using the 250,000 PL listed for Vegeta, I think it could be a good bout. Neiz has his evasiveness and electric attack thing going on and Sauza's Sauza Blade could give Vegeta trouble due to working like a kienzan in a way.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 pm

Captain Sauza wrote:I think the official power levels could work, although the only thing that bugs me is Doore being listed with a higher PL than Sauza due to Sauza deflecting Goku's ki blast easier than Doore did and being able to deflect two ki blasts from Piccolo while Doore got killed by one.
So Salza was somehow able to one-shot someone way stronger than him...? And effectively committed suicide by attacking someone he thought to be stronger than at least 1st form Freeza?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Post by Captain Sauza » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:55 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Captain Sauza wrote:I think the official power levels could work, although the only thing that bugs me is Doore being listed with a higher PL than Sauza due to Sauza deflecting Goku's ki blast easier than Doore did and being able to deflect two ki blasts from Piccolo while Doore got killed by one.
So Salza was somehow able to one-shot someone way stronger than him...? And effectively committed suicide by attacking someone he thought to be stronger than at least 1st form Freeza?
The numbers seem low to me as well due to how they performed in the movie, but if the numbers for the squad are official then you can come up with explanations for those numbers to make sense.

As far as I remember from the Japanese dub, Neiz saw that Goku's PL was low and Sauza figured he was one who was able to increase his battle power when needed, so they decided to confirm it by testing him. They probably didn't entirely believe themselves that a Saiyan could have killed Freeza, just like Cooler was in disbelief at the beginning. Goku was likely suppressed the whole time in the beginning which would account for his struggle with Sauza's ki blast or Doore's bear hug. Gohan might have just been weaker in the movie. They gave him back his tail weakness for one.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:04 am

Captain Sauza wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
The numbers seem low to me as well due to how they performed in the movie, but if the numbers for the squad are official then you can come up with explanations for those numbers to make sense.

As far as I remember from the Japanese dub, Neiz saw that Goku's PL was low and Sauza figured he was one who was able to increase his battle power when needed, so they decided to confirm it by testing him. They probably didn't entirely believe themselves that a Saiyan could have killed Freeza, just like Cooler was in disbelief at the beginning. Goku was likely suppressed the whole time in the beginning which would account for his struggle with Sauza's ki blast or Doore's bear hug. Gohan might have just been weaker in the movie. They gave him back his tail weakness for one.
They're not as "official" as the Daizenshuu or something like that. It's a magazine that has previously assigned very questionable and downright contradictory ratings to characters before.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 am

Captain Sauza wrote:The numbers seem low to me as well due to how they performed in the movie, but if the numbers for the squad are official then you can come up with explanations for those numbers to make sense.
My sentiments exactly. They might seem sketchy at first, but they're not unworkable. And I prefer to work with such numbers whenever possible instead of just throwing them out.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:43 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
According to the Daiz, CG SS Gohan = Buu arc SS Gohan. CG SS Gohan completely and utterly outclassed his father, and could stomp him easily.

Doesn't that directly contradict Vegeta noting Gohan had gotten weaker?