The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 am

Angelus wrote:But I bet Super Buu could wreck this Great Ape SPC?
Yeah, I'd say so.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:19 am

Well in my books, Super Boo is dozens of times stronger than Kid Boo. So Super Boo stomps

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 am

Any Buu is enough.

GIGANTIC, arrogant guy + ki-ignoring OHK magic technique = delicious candy for all.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Angelus
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:21 am

Whoa so there is no middle ground for SPC in that match up. He either stomps Kid Buu or gets stomped by Super Buu. :lol:

Okay, let's have a few new match ups:

Kami (inside Shen/Hero's body) VS 23rd WMAT Tien, Krillin, Chiaotzu, Yamcha, Cyborg Tao

Cell Games Tien + Krillin Potara Fusion VS Imperfect Cell

Full Power Nappa VS King Kai, South Kai, East Kai, West Kai
[No kaioken or spirit bomb. No sealing magic like they "supposedly" did to Bojack]

Tarble and Gine VS Raditz
[No scouters. No tail grabbing/cutting]

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:54 am

Just one Match-up (more of a question actually):
  • Base Gotenks (Post ROSAT) runs the Gauntlet of everyone in DBZ. Who does he stop at?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:49 am

Stops at Fat Boo. I think he'd decimate any Super Saiyan 2. Base Gotenks ain't doing much more than that.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:31 am

Angelus wrote:Whoa so there is no middle ground for SPC in that match up. He either stomps Kid Buu or gets stomped by Super Buu.
I think Pure Boo would give him a hard time, but Evil Boo is still manageable.
Good matches
  • Unless Kami is in the tenkai and his original body, I don't see him winning against all these fighters.
  • Tienrin would cut Cell in many pieces after kohoenzan and vaporize him with a double-finger dodonhameha.
  • The four kais beat Nappa with teamwork, supposing all of them have 3.500 bp.
  • Gine teaches Tarble how to educate children. Raditz cries.
Darkron2151 wrote:Base Gotenks (Post ROSAT) runs the Gauntlet of everyone in DBZ. Who does he stop at?
At SS Goku (Freeza Arc).

mysticboy
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Since this has been pretty much overlooked...
mysticboy wrote:Yu Yu Hakusho (end of series) vs Dragon Ball (23rd Budokai) EQUAL POWER LEVELS

Yusuke vs Goku

Kuwabara vs Krillin

Kurama vs Ten

Hiei vs Yamcha

Genkai vs Roshi

Raizen vs Piccolo Jr

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:Just one Match-up (more of a question actually):
  • Base Gotenks (Post ROSAT) runs the Gauntlet of everyone in DBZ. Who does he stop at?
Super Boo

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Base Gotenks [pre] vs. Super Perfect Cell

Angelus
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Base Gotenks, anime-wise. Manga wise, SPC. In the anime, Gotenks stood a chance against a Fat Buu that powered up against SSJ3 Goku. There's no way SPC can beat that. However, manga wise, we see Gotenks beat up and looking far worse than SSJ2 Majin Vegeta. SPC should be in the same league, although weaker. Also, SPC can do an IT+Kamehameha combo.

HERE'S SOME MATCH UPS MYSELF:

23rd WMAT Chiaotzu VS Cymbal

Southern Kaioshin + Dai Kaioshin Potara Fusion VS Gohan-Buu

Super Perfect Cell VS Pikkon (every participant from the Other World Tournament and Cell Games MSSJ/FPSSJ Goku comes to help if Pikkon can't handle it)
[Rematch! SPC isn't off-guard this time. Takes place on Grand Kai's planet.]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:31 am

Angelus wrote:Okay, let's have a few new match ups:

Kami (inside Shen/Hero's body) VS 23rd WMAT Tenshinhan, Krillin, Chiaotzu, Yamcha, Cyborg Tao
Cell Games Tenshinhan + Krillin Potara Fusion VS Imperfect Cell
Full Power Nappa VS King Kai, South Kai, East Kai, West Kai [No kaioken or spirit bomb. No sealing magic like they "supposedly" did to Bojack]
Tarble and Gine VS Raditz [No scouters. No tail grabbing/cutting]
— My gut tells me that using the mortal human body will hold Kami back enough that he can't quite handle all these guys simultaneously. Two or three of them at once would be his limit.
— Tenshinhan is significantly weaker than Kuririn, and they're not similar in physique either, so I don't think they'd make an ideal match for the Potara, and at best they'd only get a few times stronger than either one alone. But even if they WERE a good match, they're still so much weaker than the likes of the Saiyans that even a Potara Fusion wouldn't let them catch up. They'd hang with true-form Freeza at best.
— This is basically Nappa vs 4 Piccolos who are less skilled and less suited for battle. If the rest are like Northy, then the Kaio are much better teachers than they are warriors themselves. They may still be able to overwhelm him with numbers, but it's not a sure thing. I'll call it a 50/50.
— We don't have power levels for Tarble or Gine, so it's hard to judge. But if Tarble was only "weak" by royal family standards, and then you factor in at least some moderate growth over the decades until we met him, then I'd bet a solid FIVE dollars (you read that right, FIVE) that he's already significantly stronger than Raditz on his own. Despite his general lack of talent for battle, he'd probably still be able to win pretty easily. Meanwhile, I personally think Gine is in the same general ballpark of power as her eldest son (her personality was said to be her fault in battle, not her power), and would at least provide good backup, if not be able to lay down some parental pwnage on her own.
Darkron2151 wrote:Base Gotenks (Post ROSAT) runs the Gauntlet of everyone in DBZ. Who does he stop at?
Super Saiyan Goku on Namek. Or at the very most, Super Saiyan Goku when he got back to Earth and met Trunks.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Base Gotenks [pre] vs. Super Perfect Cell
This ends essentially no differently than when Kuririn or Mr. Satan tried to fight Perfect Cell; facing him with a battle power in the single digits, hundreds of thousands, or 100+ million will all end the same way. Gotenks gets easily smacked away and KO'd. If Gotenks is allowed to go Super Saiyan, though, then as just a bit weaker than SS2 Vegeta, he's an even match for SP Cell, and can win if he doesn't dick around too much.
Angelus wrote:HERE'S SOME MATCH UPS MYSELF:

Super Perfect Cell VS Paikuhan (every participant from the Other World Tournament and Cell Games MSSJ/FPSSJ Goku comes to help if Paikuhan can't handle it) [Rematch! SPC isn't off-guard this time. Takes place on Grand Kai's planet.]
— Given Chaozu's track record, I'd bet Cymbal will win.
— We don't know much about the Kaioshins' power other than that East was the weakest and South was the strongest. No good way to know the strength of Grand Kaioshin, or how effective a Potara Fusion would be.
— Given a lack of any information to the contrary, I assume Paikuhan is just plain strong enough to beat SP Cell in a one-on-one fight, and the sneak-attack didn't give him all that much of an advantage. If he beat Cell once, he can do it again.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")

We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.
If Super wanted to be "canon," then it should have been good.
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:55 am

On the Kaios vs Nappa matchup, South Kaio was able to conjure up arm and legbands that Buu Arc Goku could barely lift. If nothing else, they could just crush Nappa under so much weight that he would have no chance of getting free. With Kaioshin being able to materialize katchin, there's really nothing stopping them from dumping a bazillion ton katchin block on Nappa's head.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Angelus
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:23 am

Ah! Kamiccolo9! These 2 are specifically just for you since you're the #1 fan of Rurouni Kenshin on Kanzenshuu. Everyone else, disregard this post. :lol:

Uonuma Usui (Kyoto Arc) VS Yamcha with sword (DB Chapter 7)

Seijuro Hiko XIII VS Yajirobe with sword (first appearance)

singsing
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by singsing » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:32 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:On the Kaios vs Nappa matchup, South Kaio was able to conjure up arm and legbands that Buu Arc Goku could barely lift. If nothing else, they could just crush Nappa under so much weight that he would have no chance of getting free. With Kaioshin being able to materialize katchin, there's really nothing stopping them from dumping a bazillion ton katchin block on Nappa's head.
And with no Vegeta around Nappa would totally let them do that.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:56 am

Kami (inside Shen/Hero's body) VS 23rd WMAT Tenshinhan, Krillin, Chiaotzu, Yamcha, Cyborg Tao
Cell Games Tenshinhan + Krillin Potara Fusion VS Imperfect Cell
Full Power Nappa VS King Kai, South Kai, East Kai, West Kai [No kaioken or spirit bomb. No sealing magic like they "supposedly" did to Bojack]
Tarble and Gine VS Raditz [No scouters. No tail grabbing/cutting]
Kami slaughters them. He was more or less even with weighted Piccolo, and Tenshinhan, the strongest of this group by a good margin, considered his power to be completely abnormal and out of this world.

Cell. As has been said, their fusion wouldn't be ideal due to their powers and physiques being very different. I could see it giving them quite a large boost, but only enough to hang with the Android arc Super Saiyans. Cell destroys them, as he was able to beat up 17 and Kamiccolo at the same time.

North Kaio is enough. He was only stated to never "master" the Kaio-ken- as the inventor of the technique, he'd at least be able to use it. A simple KK x2 would be enough to destroy Nappa.

Raditz murders them. He's an actual saiyan warrior, with a battle power far surpassing that of Freeza's standard thugs. Gine and Tarble, on the other hand, are considered pathetically weak relative to those same thugs. Heck, Gine was so worthless that she stopped fighting altogether and became a lunch lady. It'll go similarly to his fight with Goku and Krillin when he first showed up. Their only hope is getting Gine, as his mother, to talk him out of it. But since Raditz was enough of an asshole to attempt to kill his own brother even after said brother spared his life, I don't see that working.

Super Perfect Cell VS Paikuhan (every participant from the Other World Tournament and Cell Games MSSJ/FPSSJ Goku comes to help if Paikuhan can't handle it)
[Rematch! SPC isn't off-guard this time. Takes place on Grand Kai's planet.]
I dunno. The information about Cymbal's power is quite contradictory. I'll say that 23rd Budokai Chaozu could win... but I'm not sure about 22nd Budokai Chaozu.

Mega Kaioshin godstomps. I think that both of these guys are far stronger than SS Goku and SS Vegeta, and as we all know, SS Vegetto curb-stomped Gohan-Buu. Their powers are further apart, and their body types don't match, but I don't think that's enough of a detriment that they'd end up weaker than Super Vegetto despite their huge advantage over SS Goku and Vegeta.

I don't think it matters whether or not Cell is on guard. I mean, it helped, but the way everyone treated Pikkon and his feat indicates that he was just strong enough to do that. Pikkon still wrecks his shit with that flaming kick, he just might have to hit him more than twice to do it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:22 am

Angelus wrote:Ah! Kamiccolo9! These 2 are specifically just for you since you're the #1 fan of Rurouni Kenshin on Kanzenshuu. Everyone else, disregard this post. :lol:

Uonuma Usui (Kyoto Arc) VS Yamcha with sword (DB Chapter 7)

Seijuro Hiko XIII VS Yajirobe with sword (first appearance)
The Dragon Ball characters win. The Kenshin characters, while much more badass, are still essentially normal humans. The Dragon Ball characters could throw cars around and take bullets.

I'd say Hiko could beat Yamcha during his first appearance, but I don't see any of them getting to the higher ups at the first Budokai.

Of course, this is all assuming that Hiko doesn't simply OHKO everyone with his badassness. But that wouldn't be fair to the Dragon Ball characters :wink:
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Angelus
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:21 am

But Saito can stab a huge hole through a thick metal door and Sano could blow up boulders with punches. XD

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:22 am

Bardock and his squad all gang up and go Oozaru on Freeza's first form. Who comes out on top?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Angelus
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:45 am

If you mean Bardock from the TV special, then him and his crew gets slaughtered by first form Frieza. Bardock at best was had a power level of 10,000. If for example, he healed up and got a zenkai from that Battle on Planet Meat, where he got mouth-beamed by Dodoria, he would need that zenkai to bring him to at least a power level 53,000 so that going Great Ape would bring him to equal footing with first form Frieza.

If you mean the current Bardock, where he went SSJ, but stayed in base and turned Great Ape then.. I don't know. lol