The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:41 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:V-Jump put Final Form Cooler at 470,000,000. That is just under 4x Freeza's 120,000,000. Not 40x.
V-Jump also said that Super Gogeta had a power level of 2.5 billion, which would about less than twice as strong as a Namek saga SSJ 3 Goku....
The power levels they make are for promotional purposes.
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote: Before Cooler transformed he stated that Freeza was stronger than him up until he reached his 5th transformed state. So we know his 4th form is weaker, but how much is the question. He could actually be 10-20x weaker than 100% Freeza in 4th form. We don't have any evidence to the contrary after all.
That's a dub line.
Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:42 am

Alright.. some pre-bedtime (lol) versus:

Kibito VS King Cold
[No blowing up of planets]

Nam VS Major Metallitron

Average Yardratian VS Yajirobe with sword (First appearance)

Drum VS 22nd WMAT Tien, Goku, Jackie Chun, Yamcha, Chiaotzu and Krillin
[No dodon ray/kamehameha/tribeam/evil containment wave]

East Kaioshin VS SSJ Goten
[No paralysis or materialization magic ]

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:55 am

Angelus wrote:Alright.. some pre-bedtime (lol) versus:

Kibito VS King Cold

Nam VS Major Metallitron

Drum VS 22nd WMAT Tenshinhan, Goku, Jackie Chun, Yamcha, Chiaotzu and Krillin

Cold wins fairly easily. Kibito was stated to be able to give base Gohan (Pre Z Sword) a decent fight. Considering the base Saiyans never passed Freeza, and that Cold isn't too far from Freeza in power, Cold should win with low difficulty.

Major Metallitron stomps. Nam really isn't that special. He's weaker than 21st WMAT Goku.

I don't know, probably a Yardrat. We really didn't see much of anything about the Yardrats other than the instant transmission. I'm sure they have enough clever moves to take Yajirobe.

Drum stomps. You took away any hope by removing their techniques.

Probably Kaioshin, considering he is way stronger than Piccolo (25WMAT).
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:29 am

Kibito VS King Cold

Nam VS Major Metallitron

1. No idea how powerful Kibito is besides that he's a good deal weaker than base Gohan, but I think he might be able to pull off a win here if he makes good use of his Kai Kai technique.

2. Namu wins the same as Son did. He was about as powerful as 21st TB Goku, and I don't think Son got his RRA arc Zenkai until after Muscle Tower.

3. No clue.

4. Drum is an absolute beast considering he tanked and three-shotted Tenshinhan. Though I think the 22nd TB team would pull of a win somehow considering Drum doesn't seem to be an exceptionally skilled fighter.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Kibito VS King Cold

Nam VS Major Metallitron

a) Cold wins easily.

b) While Nam is stronger I see no way he could destroy Metallitron. He losses by exhaustion.

c) We didn't even see them. I guess they could be stronger than 1,000 since the Ginyu force was going to invade them after all.

d) Drum one shots everyone except Goku and Tenshinhan. Both of them could manage something with their techniques but since they can't use them they lose.

e) I have Goten a little bit stronger than Kaioshin and since he is incompetent he loses.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Kibito VS King Cold

Nam VS Major Metallitron

Cold one-shots. He is only somewhat weaker than 100% Freeza according to Daizenshuu 7, while the same book labels Kibito as somewhat weaker than base Buu arc Gohan. Unless, of course, Kibito just teleports Cold into the middle of nowhere space. Cold might be arrogant enough to fall for that.

Metallic. He seemed to give Goku a much harder time.

In a universe where Goku at 416 is considered strong enough to wipe out entire civilizations, I doubt the Yardratians are sporting power levels even close to Yajirobe's. He was the third strongest martial artist on Earth, not counting gods and demons. Heck, I doubt they're superior to regular humans at all, as we've received no indication that they are. Well, unless you count that one video game. In which case they have warriors stronger than 100% Freeza.

Ten wasn't instantly defeated and could make Drum bleed, so I think they can drown him in numbers. It'd be like a gauntlet, where Drum fights Ten and Goku, beats them, fights Roshi, beats him, and then finally fights Krillin, but is weakened enough that Krillin can win. Yamcha and Chaozu are both dispatched immediately Nappa-style before the real battle starts, so Drum can make a point.

East Kaioshin, pretty easily. Piccolo's "different dimension" comment implies a very hefty gap between them... I don't think SS Goten is superior enough to Piccolo that he can beat him with one punch, but I do think Kaioshin is there.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:12 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:1. No idea how powerful Kibito is besides that he's a good deal weaker than base Gohan, but I think he might be able to pull off a win here if he makes good use of his Kai Kai technique.
Gohan said he didn't look like an easy opponent, with a worried look on his face. I think he felt the need to transform before Kabito said anything. He made mention there he didn't like the idea of transforming since his costume was the whole point of hiding his identity (some of it was missing..). That tells me he planned on transforming for the fight originally. Plus, with a 50x multiplier here, I don't see what's wrong with putting Kabito 2-3x higher than Base Gohan. SSJ Gohan would then still be much stronger.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Kibito VS King Cold

Nam VS Major Metallitron

1. King Cold wins pretty easily.

3. Yardration are far more technical and for them to use such technique they have some exceptional strength.

4. The latter could win if they work together.

5. East Kaioshin underestimates Goten and almost loses but wins in the end because SSJ Goten lacks technique.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Majin Buu (one who fought Majin Vegeta) vs. Janemba (infant)

Piccolo (when he fought 17) vs. Meta Cooler

Super 13 vs Android 16

Mecha General Tao vs Master Roshi (when he fought Tien)

Bojack and gang vs Perfect Cell at 100% (not Super Perfect Cell)
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:27 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Majin Buu (one who fought Majin Vegeta) vs. Janemba (infant)

Super 13 vs Android 16

Mecha General Tao vs Master Roshi (when he fought Tenshinhan)

Goku said Fat Janemba was stronger than Fat Buu. However, I think Buu would win with the Candy Beam. Janemba is an enormous target and wouldn't know to dodge/deflect it.

We already saw this. Cooler won.

According to Daizenshuu 7, Android 16 is stronger than Super Android 13. So he wins. Barely.

Probably Cyborg Tao.

The gang. Bojack was beating SS Gohan easily. So was Cell, but neither seemed to be in different dimensions than Gohan. I think they're equals. Cell would win one on one due to better skills, but Bojack's gang tips the scale in his favor here.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:42 pm

not sure what an infant Janemba is.
Coola blinks him out of existence.
Super 13 vs Android 16
16 easily.
FP Bojack = FP Cell. Bojack and his gang take it with that wire stuff.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:47 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
not sure what an infant Janemba is.
Janemba's large fat form. It's usually referred to by some as infant or baby Janemba.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Literally the first time I've ever heard of that.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 pm

Really? My local anime group and I, as well as others I know have always called fat Janemba, Baby Janemba. :shock:

Huh well ya learn new things everyday I guess! :)
Last edited by voltlunok on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Worn out Perfect Cell(post barrier) vs CG SSJ Vegeta

SSJ Pre-Majin Vegeta vs Power up Perfect Cell(real speed)

SSJ kid Trunks(pre roast) vs Buu arc Piccolo

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:26 pm

1) Cell would easily win. When Goku's talking about a warrior stronger than Cell, Vegeta says no one else can win. So yes, even without a senzu, Cell would destroy Vegeta.
2) I think Super Saiyan Majin Vegeta has more than enough power to handle this version of Cell.
3) Not sure. Piccolo thought the kids were the planets only hope against Boo before he knew of the fusion technique. Piccolo would likely win.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:36 pm

1. Vegeta, for the reasons the guy above me brought up.
2. I think SS Vegeta can handle even full power Perfect Cell. True-speed Cell wasn't all that far above SS Gohan, who was as strong as SS Gohan in the Buu arc, who was weaker than SS Vegeta prior to the Majin spell, who was weaker than SS Vegeta after the Majin spell.
3. SS Trunks stomps Piccolo. While, technically speaking, there's nothing outright saying Piccolo is weaker than him, pretty much every bit of evidence which compares them directly or indirectly has SS Trunks with a very clear lead. His power-up made Piccolo panic, Piccolo said he and Goten were Earth's last hope (before he knew about fusion), he was able to give SS Vegeta trouble while Piccolo was piss-scared at the mere thought of fighting someone much weaker than SS Vegeta, etc.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 am

Super 13 vs Android 16

Mecha General Tao vs Master Roshi (when he fought Tenshinhan)

It took a SSJ3 Goku to beat this Janemba. Same SSJ3 Goku that could have beaten Fat Buu. I'll go with Buu because Janemba is a bigger target and I don't think Janemba shown any attacks that could completely wipe out Buu.

It depends on where you place the Meta Cooler movie to be in. If you place it in the 10 days before the Cell Saga, then Cooler stomps. If not, then Piccolo stomps.

Android 16 was known to be the most powerful android of Gero, according to some guide.

I say Tao, based on Roshi's reaction to Tao's super dodon ray.

Bojack's gang. Those wire things plus you have Bojack already around Cell's level. Kogu gets one-shotted early on though.
kuartus4 wrote:Worn out Perfect Cell(post barrier) vs CG SSJ Vegeta

SSJ Pre-Majin Vegeta vs Power up Perfect Cell(real speed)

SSJ kid Trunks(pre roast) vs Buu arc Piccolo
Meh, still Cell. Cell was even confident with himself to let Goku take a senzu.

I'd say Vegeta. Goku even said that Cell wouldn't have been a problem during the Buu saga. Vegeta would be superior to Cell with just SSJ and still superior to SPC with SSJ2. Not by much but enough for a sure win, IMO.

Oh no, when was Trunks roasted? Kidding. I'd say Piccolo due to experience. SSJ Goten can't even control where his Ki shots go. And I'm one of those that think that Piccolo > the kids because of his clothing appearing on Super Buu when SSJ3 Gotenk's time ended... although that could just have been AT's artistic expression to signal that, obviously, the kids' fusion time was over. Also, if either kid Trunks or Goten was truly more powerful than Buu arc Piccolo, then they could have one-shotted #18 with a kick or a punch, the same way Buu arc Piccolo would be very much able to. Even if you consider Buu saga Piccolo to be as weak as Cell Games Future Trunks, that level of power can easily one-shot #18.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:10 am

Angelus wrote:Oh no, when was Trunks roasted? Kidding. I'd say Piccolo due to experience. SSJ Goten can't even control where his Ki shots go. And I'm one of those that think that Piccolo > the kids because of his clothing appearing on Super Buu when SSJ3 Gotenk's time ended... although that could just have been AT's artistic expression to signal that, obviously, the kids' fusion time was over. Also, if either kid Trunks or Goten was truly more powerful than Buu arc Piccolo, then they could have one-shotted #18 with a kick or a punch, the same way Buu arc Piccolo would be very much able to. Even if you consider Buu saga Piccolo to be as weak as Cell Games Future Trunks, that level of power can easily one-shot #18.
To be fair, the only reason they didn't one-shot 18 is because they were in base, and in a restricting outfit. No one's trying to argue Base kids > Piccolo, just SSJ Kids > Piccolo. Also, Trunks almost did one-shot No.18 with not even his full power.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:12 am

But didn't they transform, which led to #18 recognizing them?