The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:42 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:New one:

Base Vegetto vs. SSJ Gotenks [post]. SSJ 2 if required.
I'd say Vegetto stomps easily.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:16 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Gohan had to think about if Gohan could take on Boo. For him to even entertain the idea I'm sure Gohan had surpassed Goku in equal forms.
That's because he got caught up in the legend of the sword and since he felt his own gains he wondered if that was the legend and if he could now take on Buu.

Him handling the sword better than Goku is like gravity training. It just means that he is more used to it than goku.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:46 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Base Vegetto vs. SSJ Gotenks [post]. SSJ 2 if required.
To be fair, I think Base Vegetto could hold SS Gotenks for 30 minutes. Base Vegetto is around SS2 Goku/SS2 Vegeta's powerlevel, but without stamina drawbacks and with 2 times the skills. SS Gotenks is at least Good Boo's powerlevel, but apparently with half the brain of his selves.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by singsing » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:00 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
No SSJ2. Goku doesn't just outright say if Gohan fought Boo now he'd for sure lose. So he could suggest SSJ2 Z Sword Gohan could possibly beat Fat Boo. His comments to me mean Gohan probably can't, but Goku's wording seems to imply Gohan wouldn't just be dispatched of easily like last time. So SSJ2 Gohan after Z sword training could be pretty strong, but below Fat Boo. Though only if you follow those implications.
You said it'd depend with SSJ2, then said with SSJ2 he'd stomp without a doubt. What?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Vegetto one-shots

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:40 pm

LSSJ Broly(movie 10) vs SSJ2 Majin Vegeta

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:17 pm

singsing wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
No SSJ2. Goku doesn't just outright say if Gohan fought Boo now he'd for sure lose. So he could suggest SSJ2 Z Sword Gohan could possibly beat Fat Boo. His comments to me mean Gohan probably can't, but Goku's wording seems to imply Gohan wouldn't just be dispatched of easily like last time. So SSJ2 Gohan after Z sword training could be pretty strong, but below Fat Boo. Though only if you follow those implications.
You said it'd depend with SSJ2, then said with SSJ2 he'd stomp without a doubt. What?
The original question was if SSJ Post Z Sword Gohan could beat SPC. I said it's an iffy question, but that if Gohan has SSJ2 and we go by Goku's uncertainty, he could possibly stomp SPC as an SSJ2.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:24 pm

kuartus4 wrote:LSSJ Broly(movie 10) vs SSJ2 Majin Vegeta
I have

Vegeta: 120
Broly: 115

So I think Vegeta could pull it off

ZombieVito
I Live Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:32 pm

I have this at the moment:

Gotenks: 300,000,000
-- SSJ: 15,000,000,000
-- SSJ2: 30,000,000,000

Vegetto: 20,000,000,000

Gotenks would need SSJ2 to win. Vegetto can still pull it off by skill alone and stalling (Gotenks is that dumb).

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Idk, a 1.5x gap is *bleep*ing massive in Dragon Ball. Gotenks would have to be reallyyy stupid. It's possible I guess

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Depends on how you determine the potara. I already said my answer, but personally from the Elder Kaioshin's suggestion and a theory of the Potara I agree with, I believe Base Vegetto is above Bootenks.
Chapter: 502 (DBZ 308), P1.3
Context: Goku asks if he should become a Super Saiyan before merging with the Potara, and Elder Kaioshin advises against it
Elder Kaioshin: “If you’re going to become a Super Saiyan, it’s better to do it after merging. But anyway, even without doing that, you’ll probably be plee~~eenty. The Potara’s power is just that amazing!”
Elder Kaioshin seems to suggest a potara fusion of Gohan and Goku wouldn't even need to use SSJ to beat Bootenks. The theory of potara I believe in is the closer you are to your partner in power, the better multiplication of potara. Goku and Vegeta are equal so their base strength as Vegetto should be better than a hypothetical base Gokan. They also both are seasoned warriors who train and learn the weakness of each other as any martial artist would, so together they'd cover each others weaknesses. I believe this theory as we have Kibito who is around base Gohan level, potara fusing with Kaioshin who is superior to Piccolo, and yet there fusion leads to nothing special that he's below SSJ2 Vegeta. There fusion was more like Kaioshin absorbing Kibito then being a true fusion. So just having two high power levels doesn't mean jack for potara in my opinion. Though since Vegetto needed SSJ to fight Boohan, his base is still below Boohan. That's my two cents.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:38 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Elder Kaioshin seems to suggest a potara fusion of Gohan and Goku wouldn't even need to use SSJ to beat Bootenks.
I take that more like he is suggesting that at least Base Potara > Super Saiyan. The anime even portrays Base Vegetto doing better than SS Goku and SS Vegeta together.
The theory of potara I believe in is the closer you are to your partner in power, the better multiplication of potara. Goku and Vegeta are equal so their base strength as Vegetto should be better than a hypothetical base Gokan. They also both are seasoned warriors who train and learn the weakness of each other as any martial artist would, so together they'd cover each others weaknesses. I believe this theory as we have Kibito who is around base Gohan level, potara fusing with Kaioshin who is superior to Piccolo, and yet there fusion leads to nothing special that he's below SSJ2 Vegeta. There fusion was more like Kaioshin absorbing Kibito then being a true fusion. So just having two high power levels doesn't mean jack for potara in my opinion. Though since Vegetto needed SSJ to fight Boohan, his base is still below Boohan. That's my two cents.
My theory is that Potara focus on the weakest partner. The first examples are an old witch and Kibito. Maybe the strongest partners only serve to power-up the weakest and then it's possible that the fusion might end up weaker than the strongest partner, like when Goku wondered about merging with Mr. Satan. So, if the difference is great (but not so great), you can create someone more powerful, like Kibitoshin. But if one partner is hundreds of times stronger than the other, you would end up like Elder Kaioshin.

I also believe the Elder Kaioshin's methods are more like a custom version of other techniques (like Badidi's ability to unlock hidden powers or Metamorian fusion) than anything to say "original", but he presents them like they are on a whole different level to show off.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 pm

I think like that too. I definitely think the closer in power, the more effective. Explains the vast differenece between Kibitoshin and Vegetto

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:54 pm

SSJ2 Majin Vegeta takes this but Broly goes downs fighting like no Saiyan's business.

mysticboy
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:45 pm

SSJ4 Raditz vs. 1st Form Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:48 pm

mysticboy wrote:SSJ4 Raditz vs. 1st Form Freeza
With my multipliers, even SSJ 3 is enough to take on his 2nd form.

Going by SEG:

Raditz: 1200/60000/120000/480,000 or 1500/75000/150000/600000

Furiza-sama: 530.000

So he needs SSJ 4.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by singsing » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Complete utter overkill sneeze stomp in Raditz favor.
I take that more like he is suggesting that at least Base Potara > Super Saiyan. The anime even portrays Base Vegetto doing better than SS Goku and SS Vegeta together.
Base Vegetto better be stronger than SS Goku and Vegeta... not sure what that is supposed to help imply.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Alright, let's play catch-up again. Big post incoming.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:19 post-absorbtions vs. 20 post-absorbtions
Nineteen probably absorbed more energy than Gero did, but he also started out weaker... meh, I'll give this one to Gero.
goku the krump dancer wrote:Beginning of series Goku vs Jaco
I'd say definitely Jaco. Members of the Galactic Patrol presumably aren't strong enough to handle most Saiyan adults, but Goku was below average, even as a kid. Goku's BP at the start of the series was only a 10, while I'd say Jaco's is at least a hundred or so.
Kakacarrottop wrote:Amond (the big henchman from movie 3), Angila (the henchman from movie 4 with extendable arms) and Tullece (pre-fruit) vs Recoome, Zarbon (base) and Movie 1 Garlic Jr (transformed)

Goku (Namek Saga), Captain Ginyu (no body switch) and Oozaru Vegeta vs Cooler's armored squadron (Neiz, Salza & Dore)

Ssj4 Vegeta, Nuova Shenron and Buuhan vs Super 17, Bebi Vegeta and Kid Buu
— From scaling them against Goku (30,000+), Piccolo (18,000), and Gohan (10,000), I figure all of Tullece's henchmen to average below 10,000 but higher than the humans who'd average at like 5,000. So just Recoome or Zarbon can take this on their own with ease. They would stalemate Garlic Jr, whom they can't kill because he's immortal, but he's too weak (about 1,000 or so in my book) to do any serious damage back to them.

— If Goku's allowed to use the Kaio-Ken, then a combined effort from him and his teammates will probably let them beat the Armored Squad, although he and Vegeta would be doing most of the work. Without it, they might be at a little too much of a disadvantage in average power. I'm going to say the odds are like 60/40 in the Armored Squad's favor.

— Uh... GT is involved. I've got no clue.
TheGmGoken wrote:Vegetto or Broli vs all Pokemon.
A single Raichu hits Broli in the head with a Thunderbolt attack, and the surge of energy is too much for his already overloaded and undersized brain. He dies.

Vegetto spends a whole hour laughing about it, then steps in for his turn. After spending five minutes easily defeating all 700-something other Pokemon (except the Raichu, which he spares and allows to leave the battle), Vegetto stalemates Arceus in a contest of raw power. The Poke-god is so impressed with Vegetto's performance, that it grants him immortality. They then team up and go on to explore the universe and have awesome space-adventures for all eternity.
In Brightest Day wrote:Krillin is caught in the Cultivars suicide attack, as opposed to Yamcha. In revenge, Yamcha attempts to replicate what Krillin accomplished and attacks the remaining Saibamen. Can he pull it off? Also...

Tenshinhan and Yamcha (leg is 100% healed) during the King Piccolo arc (if it has to be clarified) vs. Drum.
— Hmmm... I'm going to say the Saibaimen. Yamcha and Kuririn are similar enough in power, but as far as we've seen, Yamcha doesn't have a big, multi-target attack that he could use to wipe out multiple Saibaimen at once like Kuririn did. He'd most likely have to actually fight all of them at once, and the Saibaimen are powerful enough compared to him that their strength in numbers will probably let them win.

— Yeah, Drum takes this. Tenshinhan was already pretty much helpless, and Yamcha's even weaker than him. Drum murderizes 'em both.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Kuririn [Mecha arc] vs. EoZ Tenshinhan
Kuririn. Given that his power lead over the other humans was apparently so large that he was still the strongest of them in the Boo arc and Battle of Gods, I've got no reason to believe Ten would surpass him in those few extra years before the end of Z, either. Besides, even if he was getting close, the humans aren't Saiyans. They're all no longer in their prime by that point, and they won't be able to gain substantial amounts of power anymore. I suspect the "Kuririn > Ten" ranking will never change.
Hugo Boss wrote:Bio Broli vs 2nd form Cell
I'll give this one to Cell. Even if Broli's a little stronger, he's a mindless blob, while Cell is intelligent and skilled.
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:21st WMAT Great Ape Goku VS. Raditz
Definitely Raditz. Oozaru Goku's probably not stronger than him yet, and even if he was, Raditz knows exactly how to take the transformation away.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Zeta-Sword SSJ Gohan vs. Full Power Perfect Cell
Pre-Ultimate Gohan in the Boo arc was at best only as strong, if not weaker, than his Cell Games self who needed Super Saiyan 2 to defeat full-power Cell. A single day of weight training isn't going to change that. Cell wins.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Base Vegetto vs. SSJ Gotenks [post]. SSJ 2 if required.
Assuming Super Vegetto was something like stronger than Gohan-absorbed Boo, then I think base Vegetto and SS Gotenks would end up closely matched. But only in raw power. Vegetto is faaaaar more smart, skilled, experienced, and all-around competent than Gotenks. So even if he's at a slight power disadvantage, he'll still almost certainly win.
LSS Broli from Movie 10 has a moderate power advantage over SS2 Goku or Vegeta. They could definitely take him out 2-on-1 by working together, but he's probably a bit too much for either of them individually.
Kind of hard to answer since Super Saiyan 4 doesn't have anything close to an official multiplier, but... GT and its guidebooks imply that Super Saiyan 4 is some sort of quick-and-dirty dormant power unlock, in which case we'd have no good way to tell how strong it would make Raditz.

Going by my personal fanon logic, Super Saiyan 4's power is a combination of Oozaru's 10x and the power boost of the Saiyan's highest Super Saiyan form. So... Raditz wouldn't even be capable of SS4 since he's not a Super Saiyan. But assuming he DOES have at least Super Saiyan 1, then SS4 would make him a solid 500x stronger. 1,500 x 500 is 750,000, a good chunk stronger than Freeza's 530,000, which more than likely nets Raditz the victory.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader

We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.
If Super wanted to be "canon," then it should have been good.
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:53 am

Did we get a answer to Young Genkai VS 21st BT Roshi?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:58 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Did we get a answer to Young Genkai VS 21st BT Roshi?
Roshi loses due to being Roshi... least till until he realizes she's flat-chested or old.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.