The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:05 pm

Actually, after going back and checking, it turns out Vegetto was blocking all of his hits with his legs and no aura.... :|

still there's nothing he was "nowhere close" to his full power. Just holding back.

Thousands? That fight doesn't need to be a 1000x gap, that's crazy. It could be as low as 2x.
Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hleV
Banned
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by hleV » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm

There's nothing saying he was close to his power. In fact literally everything suggests he wasn't, and that's not involving SEG.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Him avoiding the Kamikaze Ghost attack shows that the gaps not that huge, unless he would've tanked it.
Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hleV
Banned
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by hleV » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:13 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Him avoiding the Kamikaze Ghost attack shows that the gaps not that huge, unless he would've tanked it.
Not convinced. He did many things to annoy Boo and force him to use absorption. Plus nothing indicates Vegetto's stength prior to Vegetto stating that he didn't realize his power at first.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:21 pm

There's no reason for him to go out of his way to avoid it. If he's thousands of times stronger, he would literally just stand there and tank it. And that was after he realized how strong he is.

The stronger you make him, the more ridiculous you make the potara earring boost, which would be ridiculous to make it over 1000x since Kibitoshin's is implied to not be that great.

There's never been a 1000x gap ever in Dragon Ball. A 1.4x gap is enough to slaughter, so why do you need a 1000x gap? That's not even suggested.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:11 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:It probably means Z Vegetto since he has appeared before in the series, there's no point in talking about a hypothetical character. Unless it's trying to say Potara Boost >= SSJ 4 boost, which could be a possibility.
That's how I understand.
Either way, there is literally no reason for Baby Vegeta's comment to not include Vegetto. He said "greatest saiyan power" not "greatest saiyan power besides Vegetto"
Vegetto never appeared in the GT series itself, there is no problem with excluding him.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:15 pm

Baby Vegeta didn't say "greatest saiyan power in GT". He just said "greatest saiyan power."

There's no reason to think it would exclude any saiyan.

Not saying you have to think it includes Vegetto.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:19 pm

I never said it would exclude, just that there is no problem with it.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:36 pm

Somewhat relevant to this topic:

SSJ 4 Gogeta vs. SSJ 4 Vegito

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20539
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:27 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Somewhat relevant to this topic:

SSJ 4 Gogeta vs. SSJ 4 Vegito
SSJ 4 Vegito stomps.

Potara>>>>>>Fusion Dance. Fact.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:29 pm

I know

But SSJ 4 is a potential unlock... and both fusions are made of Goku and Vegeta... so shouldn't they have the same potential ._.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:40 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SSJ 4 Gogeta vs. SSJ 4 Vegito
I would say Vegetto. He doesn't have time limit, he gathers both Goku's and Vegeta's individualities while Gogeta is just someone else. Thus making a greater effect than Fusion.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Bullza » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:23 pm

23rd Budokai Tien vs Mr Popo.

User avatar
Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Oregon, United States

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:26 pm

Bullza wrote:23rd Budokai Tenshinhan vs Mr Popo.
If weighted Goku could take Popo, same applies to Tenshinhan taking Popo since they're about equal.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

singsing
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by singsing » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:49 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Somewhat relevant to this topic:

SSJ 4 Gogeta vs. SSJ 4 Vegito
They either knock each other out or Vegetto wins due to time limit.
Bullza wrote:23rd Budokai Tenshinhan vs Mr Popo.
Tien should take this.

User avatar
hleV
Banned
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by hleV » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:24 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:There's no reason for him to go out of his way to avoid it. If he's thousands of times stronger, he would literally just stand there and tank it. And that was after he realized how strong he is.
No, that's just what you say, unable to back it up by anything.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:The stronger you make him, the more ridiculous you make the potara earring boost, which would be ridiculous to make it over 1000x since Kibitoshin's is implied to not be that great.
Kibito and Kaioshin weren't rivals.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:There's never been a 1000x gap ever in Dragon Ball. A 1.4x gap is enough to slaughter, so why do you need a 1000x gap? That's not even suggested.
There's no reason why an "end-game" character like Vegetto wouldn't have a tremendous power like that. SEG, which was supervised and approved by Toriyama, states his power is as if Goku and Vegeta's battle powers were multiplied together. Nothing whatsoever contradicts this. So it's all the suggestions and statements that Vegetto is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boo versus your uncomfort with Vegetto being that strong.

Oh and the Vegetto possibly > SS4 statement comes from anime-based guidebook and does not necessarily touch manga Vegetto.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Lol calm down bro
It's not uncomforting, it's obviously just ridiculous.
And if I'm correct, the guide says it's like multiplication, not just flat out multiplication.

Why didn't Vegetto tank the ghost attack? That would anger Buu more by showing him how much stronger he is. Avoiding it shows there's not a huge gap.

User avatar
hleV
Banned
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by hleV » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:34 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Lol calm down bro
I am absolutely calm. You calm down.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:It's not uncomforting, it's obviously just ridiculous.
Yes, it is obviously ridiculous to you.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:And if I'm correct, the guide says it's like multiplication, not just flat out multiplication.
It says that Potara fusion is as tremendous as a multiplication (unknown of what kind). Thenin the context of character powers and battle power units, there is Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta. It is covered in Kanzenshuu Battle Power guide, though there the AxB formula is mistakenly applied to the Potara fusion as a whole instead of acknowledging that it is the formula of Vegetto in particular (unless it's been corrected? Haven't checked in a while).
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Why didn't Vegetto tank the ghost attack? That would anger Buu more by showing him how much stronger he is. Avoiding it shows there's not a huge gap.
Because Vegetto was enjoying himself. Standing there doing nothing is not as enjoying as playfully shooting down all opponent's attempts to hurt you.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Yeah...

It took Vegetto transforming and fight Gohan-Buu for a couple of minutes to finally realize he's thousands of times stronger...

and Goku and Vegeta's potara was boost was thousands of times stronger than Kaioshin and Kibito's just because they have a rivalry...

lol ok buddy

User avatar
hleV
Banned
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Lithuania

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by hleV » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:42 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Yeah...

It took Vegetto transforming and fight Gohan-Buu for a couple of minutes to finally realize he's thousands of times stronger...
I don't have to explain this. It is there. Vegetto says it himself. One does not necessarily catch up with such a tremendous power. Boo, with Gohan and Piccolo absorbed, didn't realize that Vegetto's so much more powerful than him neither until he got his ass handed to him.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:and Goku and Vegeta's potara was boost was thousands of times stronger than Kaioshin and Kibito's just because they have a rivalry...
Correct. Elder Kaioshin words Goku and Vegeta's rivalry as a separate factor from them being really strong that made Vegetto this powerful.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:lol ok buddy
This will get you nowhere. Learn to lose an argument.

I suggest you do some research instead of continuing a debate where you are wrong and are given all the reasons why.

Post Reply