The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:39 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Yamcha (23rd Budokai) vs. Son Goku (22nd Budokai)?
Goku trashes Yamcha.

Yamcha may not be one-shot material, but Goku could still give his buddy a good beating.

singsing wrote:
Does this include scientific geniuses like Gero and Dr. Brief?

Regardless, I don't think they could quite accomplish the feat of taking down an incredible force like Beerus.
Yes, the human race, good and bad, are all unified in this attempt.
I'm not sure if they could quite create something or someone that would be able to rival the likes of a being like Beerus. At the best, I could see their efforts taking them to the point of developing a fighter who could double the level of power wielded by Buuhan. Or, if you really wanted to get technical, perhaps someone on par with Super 17. However, because the assistance of the non-human mind of Dr. Myuu was required, I wouldn't quite consider the creation of Super 17 a milestone that Gero was able to reach on his own.

Collecting data doesn't necessarily correlate with the end result in my opinion. Their technological brilliance could hit a plateau at some point.

More hypothetical battles:

Krillin (FnF) and Yamcha (EoZ) - Potara fusion vs Final Form Frieza 100% (before training)
Master Roshi vs King Kai (equal power, unlimited stamina for both)
Vegetto and Ultimate Gohan - Potara fusion vs Golden Frieza

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Some people have argued biological weapons could be developed to take him down, since DBZ characters get taken down by biological warfare "all the time".

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:34 pm

supercat wrote:Krillin (FnF) and Yamcha (EoZ) - Potara fusion vs Final Form Freeza 100% (before training)
Master Roshi vs King Kai (equal power, unlimited stamina for both)
Vegetto and Ultimate Gohan - Potara fusion vs Golden Freeza
- Freeza absolutely crushes Krillin/Yamcha potara fused
- This battle could really go either way. On one hand, you could give this to Roshi because he seems just a bit more competent in battle. But King Kai has more experience, so he could also win. I'll put my money on Roshi.
- Golden Freeza still wins quite comfortably.

supercat

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:41 pm

singsing wrote:Some people have argued biological weapons could be developed to take him down, since DBZ characters get taken down by biological warfare "all the time".
We've seen the most scientifically brilliant minds of both DBZ and DBGT fail in multiple instances. Between the Androids, Cell, and even Super 17, technological advancement in DBZ / DBGT hasn't exactly proven itself to be a worthy component in terms of being able to trump sheer power. While it's certainly accomplished some amazing feats (surpassing an evil space tyrant), it always seemed to fall short of fully securing victory.

Another string of hypothetical versus:

Buuhan and SSJ Vegetto - Potara fusion vs Golden Frieza
Ultimate Gohan and SSJ Vegetto - Fusion dance vs Final Form Frieza (FnF)
Nail vs Piccolo (equal power and unlimited stamina)
Nail vs Ginyu (equal power and unlimited stamina) - no switching bodies for Ginyu
Android 17 vs Final Form Frieza 100% (before training, equal power, unlimited stamina)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Golden Frieza (max power does not deplete) vs. 70% Beerus

Golden Frieza vs SSJG Goku (Golden Frieza's power depletes as usual, but SSJG Goku's does not go away as it did in BoG)

Bojack and crew vs 10 Cell Jrs (two per each)

Dabura (no spitting) vs USSJ Future Trunks (no speed decrease)

Dabura w/ sword vs Janemba w/ sword - Samurai standoff in the sunset; equal power; no special abilities. Who slices the other in half?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

supercat

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:46 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Golden Freeza (max power does not deplete) vs. 70% Beerus

Golden Freeza vs SSJG Goku (Golden Freeza's power depletes as usual, but SSJG Goku's does not go away as it did in BoG)

Bojack and crew vs 10 Cell Jrs (two per each)

Dabura (no spitting) vs USSJ Future Trunks (no speed decrease)

Dabura w/ sword vs Janemba w/ sword - Samurai standoff in the sunset; equal power; no special abilities. Who slices the other in half?
-As much as I love Beerus, I'm going to have to say that the space tyrant would likely come out as the winner.

-Hard to tell, but I would imagine SSG Goku could hold out long enough until the ki depletion begins to take a major toll on the tyrant.

-Bojack is close to Super Perfect Cell tier, so he one-shots each Cell Jr. with the utmost ease. As for his henchmen, Kogu likely either gets one-shotted by the combined efforts of two Cell Jrs., or succumbs to the injuries caused by a major beating from one Cell Jr. If Bujin does not leverage his special abilities, he likely gets taken down pretty easily as well. Bido and Zangya have a decent chance, as I have them each marginally above one Cell Jr. However, having to face a duo of miniature cyborgs may prove to be too challenging for the space pirates.

-Dabura makes the young Saiyan cringe in fear at the thought of either having to relive another destroyed future, or having to yet again go back in time and request assistance from Goku and his pals.

-Dabura likely slices Janemba in half. Without a power advantage and/or special abilities, I don't see anything spectacular about Janemba. His amazing feat of trashing Goku, Vegeta, and Paikuhan could be attributed towards his insanely high battle power compared to theirs.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Goku kicks Yamcha's ass.
shonenhikada wrote:Superman
vs
Beerus
shonenhikada, you really need to stop with these large images in this thread. I hate to mini-mod, but you've already been told about this before.

Anyways, Superman wins.
How does he win ?

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Current N52 Superman loses to Raditz :lol:

supercat

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:18 pm

Goku (23rd Budokai) vs Namole
Piccolo (23rd Budokai) vs Namole

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:19 pm

singsing wrote:Current N52 Superman loses to Raditz :lol:
I don't agree with this but Beerus would stomp N52 Supes.

Or did something happen recently that I'm not aware of.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:37 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
I'm not familiar with this version of Superman, but the movie versions I saw recently can lift what looks like to be a city-block when empowered by sunlight and it seems he can adapt to high gravity like in Kaio's realm, but I doubt it would be as easy as with Beerus.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:01 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
The Monkey King wrote:
I'm not familiar with this version of Superman, but the movie versions I saw recently can lift what looks like to be a city-block when empowered by sunlight and it seems he can adapt to high gravity like in Kaio's realm, but I doubt it would be as easy as with Beerus.
When does lifting = to punching power ?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:09 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Goku kicks Yamcha's ass.
vs
Beerus
shonenhikada, you really need to stop with these large images in this thread. I hate to mini-mod, but you've already been told about this before.

Anyways, Superman wins.
How does he win ?
Because he's bloody Superman. That's why.
supercat wrote:Goku (23rd Budokai) vs Namole
Piccolo (23rd Budokai) vs Namole
Everyone in Freeza's Army, even the scrubs, has a BP of at least 2,000. Namole stomps in both matchups.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Because he's bloody Superman. That's why.
Being superman doesn't mean much.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:39 pm

vs

Beerus
Beerus take this easily tbh

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:49 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
Being Superman means he can becomes as strong as he wants to be. His power is essentially limitless.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:
Being Superman means he can becomes as strong as he wants to be. His power is essentially limitless.
If the plot demands it sure anyway heres some matchups base god goku vs ssj vegetto
Ultimate gohan(bog) vs ssj2 vegeta enraged
Yajirobe vs boz goku and piccolo

supercat

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Everyone in Freeza's Army, even the scrubs, has a BP of at least 2,000. Namole stomps in both matchups.
I always thought that some of the lower tiered grunts who rely on the usage of arm cannons in combat were below 1,000. Assumed Namole was among these group of weaklings.

Perhaps they have the brute strength but not the ability to channel their ki into the form of a ki blast?

More hypothetical battles:

Master Roshi (FnF) vs Villager Namekian
Master Roshi (FnF) vs Warrior Namekian
Grandpa Gohan vs Spopovich
Grandpa Gohan vs Yamu

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:53 pm

supercat wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Everyone in Freeza's Army, even the scrubs, has a BP of at least 2,000. Namole stomps in both matchups.
I always thought that some of the lower tiered grunts who rely on the usage of arm cannons in combat were below 1,000. Assumed Namole was among these group of weaklings.

Perhaps they have the brute strength but not the ability to channel their ki into the form of a ki blast?
I agree, Raditz was below 2000 and tried to recruit Goku, who he said would be useful, even though he knew his 4xx power level. Freeza's army for me range from 100 to 4000 before reaching the elite warriors.
supercat wrote: Master Roshi (FnF) vs Villager Namekian
Grandpa Gohan vs Yamu
Having not seen FnF, I say that Roshi trained, sparring with Krilin sometimes, to increase his power to above 500 enough to take care of a random villager Namekian. But still far off the natural superiority of a warrior Namekian.

Grandpa Gohah easily dispatches both humans, they not above peak human by much. And their freak resistance wouldn't be enough to deal with the old man's power.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Perfect Cell vs A perfect block of katchin

Can Cell break it?
supercat wrote:
Master Roshi (FnF) vs Villager Namekian
Grandpa Gohan vs Yamu
Master Roshi easily beats the villager namekian. They're not very strong, while he seems to have raised his PL to the 2000s, at least.

Master Roshi is whupped by the warrior namekian under normal circumstances, but in his max form, he may prevail.

Grandpa Gohan beats the crap out of Spopobitch and Yamu, at the same time.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super