The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:But its undeniable that he required some time to be able to analyse, whereas other character could do this analysis in a fight.

So Gohan is still less skilled as he couldn't analyse on the fly.

Gohan wasn't a skilled fighter in the cell arc he assumed the Bulked up Super Saiyan forms were a good idea like trunks did.
If Goku could give his son a helping hand, then why wouldn't he? And it's not like he didn't want to fight Cell as well.

"Less skilled than Goku" does not equal "not skilled."

That was at the beginning of his training. Cell Games Gohan is in an entirely different class than he was previously. He'd spent a year being trained by Goku at that point. Do you really think Goku would put all his trust into Gohan if the latter was this completely incompetent fighter?

Hell, even in the Buu Arc, a rusty Gohan who hadn't trained in 7 years was able to hold his own against Dabura. This is not how someone who can't fight would act.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Goku put faith in Gohan because he was aware of Super Saiyan 2.

We were comparing who Gohan could beat in a fight and I was just suggesting that he's one of the least skilled fighters in the group.

Obviously theres an element of skill as he has trained and such.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Goku put faith in Gohan because he was aware of Super Saiyan 2.

We were comparing who Gohan could beat in a fight and I was just suggesting that he's one of the least skilled fighters in the group.

Obviously theres an element of skill as he has trained and such.
Ok, what have, say, Vegeta, or Trunks, or Piccolo, etc, done to prove they are more skilled fighters than Gohan? As far as I can tell, they are all essentially equally skilled. Nothing really indicates otherwise.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:32 pm

On the last page I said that Trunks is the only character I view to be less skilled than Gohan.

Piccolo develops his own techniques able to take down enemies stronger than himself, in Super refers to him as "the strategist of universe 7" he's a teacher to Gohan and also advises Goten/Trunks in battle. Piccolo is obviously more skilled than Gohan otherwise Gohan wouldn't have requested further training from so he wasn't so rusty.

Vegeta spent time developing a way to find a form superior to the regular Super Saiyan form, and also had seen the shortcomings of taking that form further (unlike Trunks). Vegeta develops a lot of techniques too. This man spent his young adult life as a soldier constantly being in battle. He's honed his skill quite evidently. His biggest flaw is being cocky. He was the one to work out Frieza's weakness in the ROF arc.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Goku develops relatively few techniques, and is considered an excellent fighter, so obviously that has little to do with it, otherwise Roshi would be the best fighter in the franchise.

Gohan learned from both Piccolo and Goku, who are both considered to be excellent fighters, and Gohan never requested training from anybody after the Cell Games.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:26 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Hell, even in the Buu Arc, a rusty Gohan who hadn't trained in 7 years was able to hold his own against Dabura. This is not how someone who can't fight would act.
Some sources have described Dabra as being inferior to Gohan, power-wise.
Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Volume 6, Episode 227 Description
With his fighting skills rusty, Gohan has a surprisingly difficult battle against an opponent who clearly possesses inferior power.
That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Gohan's fighting skills.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Goku develops relatively few techniques, and is considered an excellent fighter, so obviously that has little to do with it, otherwise Roshi would be the best fighter in the franchise.

Gohan learned from both Piccolo and Goku, who are both considered to be excellent fighters, and Gohan never requested training from anybody after the Cell Games.
Master Roshi is one of the most skilled fighters in the franchise, he just lacks the strength that other people have at this stage.

Goku as a child would develop techniques on the fly in the world tournament matches. He did this against, Nam, Roshi, Tien, Piccolo junior.

I'm not saying development of techniques is all there is to being a skilled fighter, but its a part of it.

Gohan asks Piccolo to retrain him in the Revival of Frieza arc.

Where has Gohan shown skill in a fight?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Black runs the gauntlet
-Ssj 2 gohan (cell arc)
-majin Vegeta
-fat buu (after separation)
-kid buu
-ssj3 Goku (buu arc)
-super buu
-ssj 3 gotenks
-Base Vegito (anime)
-Piccolo (champa arc)
-Ultimate Gohan
-Buuhan
-Ssj Vegito (buu)

Who does he stop against?

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:41 am

Equal power level fights :

- Kid Boo (can't absorb) vs. Nappa.
- Perfect Cell vs. Vegetto.
- Son Goten (25th Budokai) vs. Krillin (22nd Budokai).
- Super Oob (no Candy Beam) vs. Tenshinhan (ROF).
- Hirudegarn vs. Oozaru Vegeta (Saiyan arc, tail can't be removed).
Last edited by In Brightest Day on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:45 am

Berserker1921 wrote:Black runs the gauntlet
-Ssj 2 gohan (cell arc)
-majin Vegeta
-kid buu
-ssj3 Goku (buu arc)
-super buu
-ssj 3 gotenks
-Base Vegito (anime)
-Piccolo (champa arc)
-Ultimate Gohan
-Buuhan
-Ssj Vegito (buu)

Doesn't make it past Fat Buu, from what we've seen so far.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:56 am

In Brightest Day wrote:Equal power level fights :

- Generally speaking, you need a pretty decent power advantage to be able to put down Boo for good, what with that regeneration and all. Nappa's built like a tank, but seeing as he lacks the means to finish Boo off, it'll just prolong the inevitable.
- This is a hard one. Without the usual power advantages that come with being a Saiyan, There's a very real possibility that Goten loses to the more skilled, experienced, and intelligent Kuririn. On the other hand, this version of Kuririn can barely form a Kamehameha, whereas Goten is already well versed in Ki techniques, including flight. Tough call, but I'm betting on Kuririn outsmarting Goten somehow.
- Without his absurd power advantage or transmutation powers, I don't think Oob can handle Tenshinhan and all his techniques. Really, all Tenshinhan needs is a single Shin Kikoho to win.
- I'm betting that Vegeta's intelligence and cunning let's him figure out Hirudegarn's weakness before the the giant bug can put him down.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Brian4205
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brian4205 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Freeza's death ball that destroyed planet Vegeta vs the death star II's full power beam. Which ones stronger?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:35 am

In Brightest Day wrote:Equal power level fights :

- Turns him to a candy, then eats him & blows up the planet.

- Vegetto beats him quite easily.

- Krillin is too skilled, goten is not even able to properly control his ki.

- If it is a death match, I see tenshinhan kikohoing uub, otherwise uub wins.

- Vegeta is skilled and smart enough to win.
Berserker1921 wrote:Black runs the gauntlet
-Ssj 2 gohan (cell arc)
-majin Vegeta
-kid buu
-ssj3 Goku (buu arc)
-super buu
-ssj 3 gotenks
-Base Vegito (anime)
-Piccolo (champa arc)
-Ultimate Gohan
-Buuhan
-Ssj Vegito (buu)

Clears quite easily
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:17 am

apex_pretador wrote: Krillin is too skilled, goten is not even able to properly control his ki.
Neither can Kuririn. At this point in the story he can barely form a Kamehameha.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:49 am

Honestly, I think superior Ki control is the one advantage Goten would have over a younger Krillin.

That, and good old fashioned Saiyan durability.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:09 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: Krillin is too skilled, goten is not even able to properly control his ki.
Neither can Kuririn. At this point in the story he can barely form a Kamehameha.
Didn't even notice that was kid krillin.

Still going with the human who gave goku hell despite a huge power disadvantage.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:18 am

Brian4205 wrote:Freeza's death ball that destroyed planet Vegeta vs the death star II's full power beam. Which ones stronger?
Well Freeza's death ball vaporized a planet with 10 times the gravity of Earth. Has the death star done anything comparable? I've only seen it blow up "Earth-like" planets.

Brian4205
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brian4205 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:38 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
Brian4205 wrote:Freeza's death ball that destroyed planet Vegeta vs the death star II's full power beam. Which ones stronger?
Well Freeza's death ball vaporized a planet with 10 times the gravity of Earth. Has the death star done anything comparable? I've only seen it blow up "Earth-like" planets.
True that. I'm pretty sure though that by Star Wars movie logic, when they say it could destroy a planet, they mean any planet, but I'm leaning the death ball myself, it was a ball of energy of comparable size to the death star.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Not enough info going by the movies alone. The first Death Star could destroy a planet, and the second was much more powerful, but we don't know to what extent.

Not sure about the new EU.

The old EU, however, had a far weaker Death Star that was able to damage armor designed to ride out supernovas. I'd say the sheer power of the Legends Death Star is greater than Freeza's Death Ball, for sure.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Brian4205
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brian4205 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:48 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Not enough info going by the movies alone. The first Death Star could destroy a planet, and the second was much more powerful, but we don't know to what extent.

Not sure about the new EU.

The old EU, however, had a far weaker Death Star that was able to damage armor designed to ride out supernovas. I'd say the sheer power of the Legends Death Star is greater than Freeza's Death Ball, for sure.
Huh, didn't know that, cool.