The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:55 pm I was browsing the dragon ball subreddit, and this is the first time I’ve heard the concept of “DBS Anime Goku and Vegeta are stronger than DBS Manga Goku and Vegeta” (only while the stories are parallel, like ToP vs ToP).

Where does this come from? I know the anime has a few more forms and asspulls (for lack of a better term), but I don’t see what would make, say, anime ToP Goku significantly more powerful than his manga counterpart?
In the anime, they retained the RoF superstrong base forms, in the manga they did not. Anime base Vegeta fights SS3 Gotenks and beats him up easily. In the manga this never happened nor is implied that it could happen.
Manga Goku also needed SSG to oneshot SS2 Trunks, while in the anime SS3 was enough.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 pm In the anime, they retained the RoF superstrong base forms, in the manga they did not. Anime base Vegeta fights SS3 Gotenks and beats him up easily. In the manga this never happened nor is implied that it could happen.
Manga Goku also needed SSG to oneshot SS2 Trunks, while in the anime SS3 was enough.
Ahh, that’s interesting. I never thought of that, since “Saiyan beyond god” was a thing as early as the RoF movie, and the manga completely skipped the RoF arc altogether.

But I see what you’re saying, and I guess that’s why Goku and Vegeta actually transformed into SSG in the manga, before Goku started doing it in the anime ToP.

BLAST!PROCESSOR

Post by BLAST!PROCESSOR » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 pm
jamiljamtheman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:55 pm I was browsing the dragon ball subreddit, and this is the first time I’ve heard the concept of “DBS Anime Goku and Vegeta are stronger than DBS Manga Goku and Vegeta” (only while the stories are parallel, like ToP vs ToP).

Where does this come from? I know the anime has a few more forms and asspulls (for lack of a better term), but I don’t see what would make, say, anime ToP Goku significantly more powerful than his manga counterpart?
In the anime, they retained the RoF superstrong base forms, in the manga they did not. Anime base Vegeta fights SS3 Gotenks and beats him up easily. In the manga this never happened nor is implied that it could happen.
Well, Trunks in the manga as a SSJ2 was able to boost his power to SSJ3 level without transforming so Goku just quickly used god instead of staying even as SSJ3s. When did Vegeta ever fight Gotenks? If we're talking the Z anime clones, that was filler in which even clone Piccolo could get a hit on a SSJ Vegeta and take out SSJ3 Gotenks. If we're talking Copy Vegeta, that was after the U6 saga and I think the events of resurrection F did happen in the manga they were just glossed over.

I haven't scaled the the manga and the anime separately but I think the anime would probably have stronger versions of the characters based off a guess but I'm not sure if those two specific moments would work for that narrative. Though it is an interesting concept.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 am

BLAST!PROCESSOR wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Well, Trunks in the manga as a SSJ2 was able to boost his power to SSJ3 level without transforming so Goku just quickly used god instead of staying even as SSJ3s. When did Vegeta ever fight Gotenks? If we're talking the Z anime clones, that was filler in which even clone Piccolo could get a hit on a SSJ Vegeta and take out SSJ3 Gotenks. If we're talking Copy Vegeta, that was after the U6 saga and I think the events of resurrection F did happen in the manga they were just glossed over.

I haven't scaled the the manga and the anime separately but I think the anime would probably have stronger versions of the characters based off a guess but I'm not sure if those two specific moments would work for that narrative. Though it is an interesting concept.
Trunks also boosted his SS2 in the anime, but SS3 was still the form to go to oneshot him. Also, manga Goku never absorbed SSG like in the anime and in BoG.

Copy Vegeta is the one I was talking about, I misphrased it, sorry. His base power greatly surpasses SS3 Gotenks, when in the manga, Goku needs SSG to take down immediately someone weaker than SS3 Gotenks (or with power inflation, at the very best, equal to Gotenks).

BLAST!PROCESSOR

Post by BLAST!PROCESSOR » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:27 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 am
BLAST!PROCESSOR wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Trunks also boosted his SS2 in the anime, but SS3 was still the form to go to oneshot him. Also, manga Goku never absorbed SSG like in the anime and in BoG.

Copy Vegeta is the one I was talking about, I misphrased it, sorry. His base power greatly surpasses SS3 Gotenks, when in the manga, Goku needs SSG to take down immediately someone weaker than SS3 Gotenks (or with power inflation, at the very best, equal to Gotenks).
Trunks never boosted his SSJ2 power in the anime that was only in the manga. He did get stronger through training enough to be even with Goku in base power which is why SSJ3 one-shotted him. And who's the "someone" that manga Goku needed SSG to take down? I hope you're not saying it's future Trunks who was definitely stronger than Gotenks who hadn't really shown any increase in power till then, because Future Trunks and Goku had equal base power that were definitely above everyone else's at the time (And Vegeta until he trained with Trunks for a day and both of them got stronger than that).

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:18 pm

How far could a fusion of Raditz and Nappa survive into the Namek saga, if both of their PLs were the same (4,000)? I doubt they'd scratch Frieza, but they'd probably annoy the Ginyu Force.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:21 am

If Raditz also has a power level of 4.000, then Naditz/Radippa (I know there's an official name for a fusion between them but I don't like it) would have a power level of 16.000.000. That's more than enough to beat Freeza third form (or second form, to general people...).

Raditz wouldn't even need to be that strong, as he is (with his 1.500) puts Naditz/Radippa at 6.000.000 power level, also enough to beat that Freeza form.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

BLAST!PROCESSOR

Post by BLAST!PROCESSOR » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:28 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:18 pm How far could a fusion of Raditz and Nappa survive into the Namek saga, if both of their PLs were the same (4,000)? I doubt they'd scratch Frieza, but they'd probably annoy the Ginyu Force.
It's a little hard to say how far could a fusion of Raditz and Nappa survive into the Namek saga, if both of their power levels were the same as 4,000. Most people would probably go say 16,000,000 since fusion boosts are stated to be conceptually like multiplication and Vegito was only stated to stronger than SSJ3 (Goku) being a 400x boost but seeing as El Manga Legendario states that Vegito (due to the rival boost) was likely stronger than the hypothetical potara fusion of Goku and Ultimate Gohan (who likely would've had their own boost of some kind) who Elder Kai said could've beaten Buutenks in their base form who said he could've beaten the hypothetical metamor fusion of Goku and Ultimate Gohan possibly entailing SSJ3 (not to include the Kaioken). We know Ultimate Gohan is stronger than Gotenks who surpassed Goku and Vegeta and have SSJ3, another 400x boost so we could probably say Base Vegito is at least 160,000x stronger than base Goku at an extreme lowball by multiplying the Gotenks SSJ3 boost to by itself considering the hypothetical fusion of Goku and Ultimate Gohan would've been stronger than at least Ultimate Gohan x SSJ3. Plus considering how Nappa and Vegeta didn't really seem to care about Raditz I doubt they'd get some power boost based off their relationship with each other. Either way Buu saga characters are infinitely stronger than Android arc character much less the Saiyan arc characters so they'd likely receive a smaller power boost so I'd probably just approximate the hypothetical fusion of Raditz and Nappa at both a power level of 4,000 to have a power level of 200,000 simply because it's at least stronger as one of them as a SSJ would be. Normally if they were any stronger I'd probably make it so that both of them at a SSJ level couldn't touch their fusion but because they're too weak I can't in good faith give them that much more.

But hey, at least they'd be a little stronger than KKx20 Goku and could easily beat Cooler's Armored Squadron and the Piccolo that faced them, probably singlehandedly beat the Ginyu Force (depending on their level teamwork) and be equal in power to Gohan when he faces Frieza not including his rage-enhanced power though weaker than first form Frieza and the Vegeta that faced him. As a bonus, they'd be weaker than Turles after eating a fruit of the Tree of Might and the KKx10 Goku that fought him. As an Oozaru they'd have a power level of 2,000,000 and could probably defeat both second form Frieza and Nail-fused Piccolo. We don't know where he'd stand with third form Frieza's unknown maximum power level but they'd probably be around that level of power since Frieza's final form is initially at or above Goku's 3,000,000 so stronger than the Vegeta that died to Frieza. He'd be weaker than base Goku who faced final form Frieza. If they could go SSJ which could be possible considering Gotenks could go SSJ2 and SSJ3 after a bit of training, they'd have a power level of 10,000,000. They'd be a little stronger than a KKx3 Goku that fought Frieza but that's it there when it comes to the canon but as another aside, they might be just barely stronger than base cooler and the base Goku that faced him at most. This is because Cooler says base Goku displayed enough power to defeat his brother as he expected (though it's been some time before he's seen him and likely hadn't known of his current power) and then states that he can see why Frieza lost when Goku goes SSJ. Dividing Cooler's final form's power level by 50x gets you barely their fusion's SSJ power level though this is only at most since one doesn't even need to be considering only a 1.25x power difference was between SSJ Goku and Frieza and less then that for Vegeta's and his altercations with Cui, Didoria and Zarbon.

If we want to take it a step forward and assume they could go Golden Oozaru without for having SSJ and Oozaru without needing to have the ability to go SSJ3 (like the saiyan of legend that is now Yamoshi) then they'd have a power level of 100,000,000 making them stronger than KKx20 Goku and 50% Frieza but not 100% or SSJ Goku they could probably hold their better with the former than the latter. As a bonus they like wouldn't beat regular Slug, giant Slug, PSSJ Goku or KKx100 or Cooler's final form or the KK or SSJ Goku that faced him though. And all that's assuming there are no early DBZ zenkai boost or later DBS mid-battle power increases. But other than that I'd say they make it pretty far without becoming too over powered and stay below the maximum power of the Frieza saga but in the top 3's of the saga in terms of power. Luckily power levels being in prevalent in this entire saga make it way easier than constantly gauging if this was any other saga after that. Hope I gave a pretty satisfying answer.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:56 pm

BLAST!PROCESSOR wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:28 am
ZodiacBeast wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:18 pm How far could a fusion of Raditz and Nappa survive into the Namek saga, if both of their PLs were the same (4,000)? I doubt they'd scratch Frieza, but they'd probably annoy the Ginyu Force.
It's a little hard to say how far could a fusion of Raditz and Nappa survive into the Namek saga, if both of their power levels were the same as 4,000. Most people would probably go say 16,000,000 since fusion boosts are stated to be conceptually like multiplication and Vegito was only stated to stronger than SSJ3 (Goku) being a 400x boost but seeing as El Manga Legendario states that Vegito (due to the rival boost) was likely stronger than the hypothetical potara fusion of Goku and Ultimate Gohan (who likely would've had their own boost of some kind) who Elder Kai said could've beaten Buutenks in their base form who said he could've beaten the hypothetical metamor fusion of Goku and Ultimate Gohan possibly entailing SSJ3 (not to include the Kaioken). We know Ultimate Gohan is stronger than Gotenks who surpassed Goku and Vegeta and have SSJ3, another 400x boost so we could probably say Base Vegito is at least 160,000x stronger than base Goku at an extreme lowball by multiplying the Gotenks SSJ3 boost to by itself considering the hypothetical fusion of Goku and Ultimate Gohan would've been stronger than at least Ultimate Gohan x SSJ3. Plus considering how Nappa and Vegeta didn't really seem to care about Raditz I doubt they'd get some power boost based off their relationship with each other. Either way Buu saga characters are infinitely stronger than Android arc character much less the Saiyan arc characters so they'd likely receive a smaller power boost so I'd probably just approximate the hypothetical fusion of Raditz and Nappa at both a power level of 4,000 to have a power level of 200,000 simply because it's at least stronger as one of them as a SSJ would be. Normally if they were any stronger I'd probably make it so that both of them at a SSJ level couldn't touch their fusion but because they're too weak I can't in good faith give them that much more.

But hey, at least they'd be a little stronger than KKx20 Goku and could easily beat Cooler's Armored Squadron and the Piccolo that faced them, probably singlehandedly beat the Ginyu Force (depending on their level teamwork) and be equal in power to Gohan when he faces Frieza not including his rage-enhanced power though weaker than first form Frieza and the Vegeta that faced him. As a bonus, they'd be weaker than Turles after eating a fruit of the Tree of Might and the KKx10 Goku that fought him. As an Oozaru they'd have a power level of 2,000,000 and could probably defeat both second form Frieza and Nail-fused Piccolo. We don't know where he'd stand with third form Frieza's unknown maximum power level but they'd probably be around that level of power since Frieza's final form is initially at or above Goku's 3,000,000 so stronger than the Vegeta that died to Frieza. He'd be weaker than base Goku who faced final form Frieza. If they could go SSJ which could be possible considering Gotenks could go SSJ2 and SSJ3 after a bit of training, they'd have a power level of 10,000,000. They'd be a little stronger than a KKx3 Goku that fought Frieza but that's it there when it comes to the canon but as another aside, they might be just barely stronger than base cooler and the base Goku that faced him at most. This is because Cooler says base Goku displayed enough power to defeat his brother as he expected (though it's been some time before he's seen him and likely hadn't known of his current power) and then states that he can see why Frieza lost when Goku goes SSJ. Dividing Cooler's final form's power level by 50x gets you barely their fusion's SSJ power level though this is only at most since one doesn't even need to be considering only a 1.25x power difference was between SSJ Goku and Frieza and less then that for Vegeta's and his altercations with Cui, Didoria and Zarbon.

If we want to take it a step forward and assume they could go Golden Oozaru without for having SSJ and Oozaru without needing to have the ability to go SSJ3 (like the saiyan of legend that is now Yamoshi) then they'd have a power level of 100,000,000 making them stronger than KKx20 Goku and 50% Frieza but not 100% or SSJ Goku they could probably hold their better with the former than the latter. As a bonus they like wouldn't beat regular Slug, giant Slug, PSSJ Goku or KKx100 or Cooler's final form or the KK or SSJ Goku that faced him though. And all that's assuming there are no early DBZ zenkai boost or later DBS mid-battle power increases. But other than that I'd say they make it pretty far without becoming too over powered and stay below the maximum power of the Frieza saga but in the top 3's of the saga in terms of power. Luckily power levels being in prevalent in this entire saga make it way easier than constantly gauging if this was any other saga after that. Hope I gave a pretty satisfying answer.
Indeed. Thank you!

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:59 am

Enough to give Frieza's second form a challenge imo. Maybe even the third form if he became a giant monke :D

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:02 pm

At 16.000.000, I think that's enough for him to become Super Saiyan, no Oozaru needed. That would put him at 800.000.000. More than enough to beat Freeza base form (or final form, to general people), I think his power level was 120.000.000 as per the guidebooks, if I remember correctly, isn't?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 pm

An army of Metal Cooler that in the movie required two SS to go down... who can take 50 of them? can Perfect Cell do it? Majin Buu? Majin Vegeta? Broly?

And what if the Big Gete star managed to harness the power of Goku and Vegeta, and creates an army of Metal Super Saiyans... like 50 Metal SS, who could take them out??

SS3 Gotenks?
Vegito?
Buuhan?
Super Boo?

picc
Beyond Newbie

Post by picc » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:37 am

Current Android 18 vs

Current Base Goku
Current Base Vegeta
—————————

Current Ssj kid trunks vs Current 4th form freeza
Planet Namek Bred

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 pm An army of Metal Cooler that in the movie required two SS to go down... who can take 50 of them? can Perfect Cell do it? Majin Buu? Majin Vegeta? Broly?

And what if the Big Gete star managed to harness the power of Goku and Vegeta, and creates an army of Metal Super Saiyans... like 50 Metal SS, who could take them out??

SS3 Gotenks?
Vegito?
Buuhan?
Super Boo?
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan should be able to take down all the Coolers. He defeated the Cell Jr's, which seem stronger or comparable?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:29 pm

Master Roshi (Tournament of Power) vs. Semi Perfect Cell

Tien's Tri-Beam (Cell saga) vs. Frieza (Namek)

Gohan (after Z Sword training) vs. SSJ2 Gottenks

Super Perfect Cell vs. 18 and Krillin (Tournament of Power)

Bardock & His Squad (as Great Apes) vs. Dodoria

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:40 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:29 pm Master Roshi (Tournament of Power) vs. Semi Perfect Cell

-Roshi possibly
-possibly Ten (I'm not a power scaler at all, but while I believe Ten here was much weaker than Freeza, the Tri-Beam's power allows him to do damage to much stronger opponents)
-Gohan
-18 and Krillin (18 alone might be strong enough)
-Bardock and Co.
Last edited by Demon Prince Piccolo on Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:44 pm

picc wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:37 am Current Android 18 vs

Current Base Goku
Current Base Vegeta
—————————

-Goku
-Vegeta
-Freeza
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:59 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:29 pm Master Roshi (Tournament of Power) vs. Semi Perfect Cell

Roshi is considerably weaker but can pull the win with skill and extreme luck or just Mafuba Cell's ass.
Freeza. He survived a planets destruction, twice. He should resist Tenshinhan's Shin Kikoho.
I give this to Gotenks.
18 alone finger flicks Cells.
Both versions of Bardock take this as an Oozaru.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 pm An army of Metal Cooler that in the movie required two SS to go down... who can take 50 of them? can Perfect Cell do it? Majin Buu? Majin Vegeta? Broly?

SS3 Gotenks?
Vegito?
Buuhan?
Super Boo?
Well the movie's name suggests there was a thousand Metal Coolers, but I'm not sure how they compare to Goku and Vegeta. It was a off screen fight, and they were clearly worn out. Assuming a linear increase with his "Zenkais" (which took him from below SSJ Goku to needing Goku and Vegeta to be defeated), each Metal Cooler would be somewhat above the androids. Android 16 might put up a fight, but it would take 2nd form Cell or Super Vegeta to take this.

The Big Gete Star took Cooler from a disembodied head (face?) to even stronger than his 5th form was. A similar boost would get those Metal SSJs on at least Boo Saga SSJ2 tier. I think the fat Majin Boo would take this because of this line from Piccolo:
Chapter: 469 (DBZ 275), P5.6-7
Goku: “Damn it! If either Vegeta or Gohan were alive, maybe we could have managed something…”
Piccolo: “…No, it probably wouldn’t matter how many people went at him…He wasn’t at that level…”
picc wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:37 am Current Android 18 vs

Current Base Goku
Current Base Vegeta
—————————

Android 18 seems to somehow have closed the gap between herself and 17, who is SSJB level. She could keep up and sync his attacks with him when fighting Saganbo and Moro. Vegeta was shown in a recent chapter attacking SSJB Goku while in base, so I'd say at least he can take it. Not sure about Goku though.

Freeza can take Trunks in his first form. Trunks doesn't seem to have powered up since the Boo Saga, while Freeza has been keeping up with Goku and Vegeta.

I'm not really sure. Roshi can do better than SSJB Goku against Jiren, but that only in terms of defense. Roshi could win if he manages to use the Mafuba. Anime Roshi probably stomps though.

Tenshinhan could actually hold down Semi Perfect Cell, so Namek Freeza would be obliterated.

Gotenks. Goku wasn't sure of Gohan's chances against Majin Boo, but was sure of Gotenks'. And he didn't even expect him to go above SSJ1.

Nothing suggests Kuririn and 18 got any stronger for the ToP, so Cell stomps horribly. Anime-wise 18 can probably take this, and Kuririn could maybe hold his own.

Bardock's gang, easily. Even if Dodoria knows about the tail weakness, there are too many of them.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Damaged Android 16 vs Super Saiyan Goku pre ROSAT.

SS Goku, SS Trunks, Kamicollo (all pre ROSAT) vs strongest 1st form Cell. (SS Vegeta joins later)