The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SlashHaiden

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SlashHaiden » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:40 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:03 am
From what period in time?
Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant 23 Tenkaichi Tournament.

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 am

Who is the DB strongest character that can Omniman can defeat?

SlashHaiden

Post by SlashHaiden » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:13 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 am Who is the DB strongest character that can Omniman can defeat?
Not sure if characters from other series are allowed, but I'd say Krillin at his peak.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 am Who is the DB strongest character that can Omniman can defeat?
He tank the destruction of Viltrum and can fly across the galaxy in a matter of minutes. He would be at Namek Saga in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:17 pm

SlashHaiden wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:04 pm Piccolo Jr. VS Krillin, Tenshinhan, and Yamcha

Who wins and why?
The gap between Piccolo Jr. and Krillin, Tien and Yamcha during the 23rd Tournament was so big to the point that Piccolo stated that he would kill them easily even when tired.

There is a scene of the 3 wanting to help Goku and Piccolo easily blasts through their way so that they wouldn't approach, and Piccolo even when tired and injured still had enough strength to kill them easily.

So no, they don't have any chance against Piccolo Jr.

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:29 am

Nappa shows up in 616 Marvel Earth. How far does he go?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:29 am Nappa shows up in 616 Marvel Earth. How far does he go?
He would probably blow up major cities inculding New York. Low-mid tier characters such as Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Daredevil, etc would be gone in seconds. The Avengers and Fantastic Four will probably show up to stop Nappa. Thor or The Hulk on their own can stop Nappa in my opinion. Nappa would spam ki blast at The Hulk meanwhile The Hulk gets stronger at anger and keeps on regenerating. Nappa would get end up running low on ki and Hulk will give out the final blow. Thor's god blast can blow up a star which is stronger than anything that Nappa can do.
She/Her

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:20 am

SlashHaiden wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:04 pm Piccolo Jr. VS Krillin, Tenshinhan, and Yamcha

Who wins and why?
I want to say Piccolo, but the Destro Disc, Tri Beam, and Spirit Ball seem like a deadly combo.

I think the team could potentially win in the Saiyan saga (after training), Namek saga, Android saga, and with high difficulty in the Cell games if Tien killed himself using the Tri Beam. Buu and Super? Piccolo stomps.
I don't see him defeating anything above Frieza and King Cold level characters. He has damn impressive speed though.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 am

Drepanosaurus wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:29 am Nappa shows up in 616 Marvel Earth. How far does he go?
Well, low to mid tier heroes can’t do squat to him unless they have some plot armor or special gimmick. Besides that guys like the Thing and higher mid tier heroes can handle him. But Nappa dies horribly against Hulk, Strange, Thor, Sentry, and etc.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:05 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 am
Well, low to mid tier heroes can’t do squat to him unless they have some plot armor or special gimmick. Besides that guys like the Thing and higher mid tier heroes can handle him. But Nappa dies horribly against Hulk, Strange, Thor, Sentry, and etc.
The trouble with this is powerscaling works differently in marvel Vs DB. Weaker characters could never really beat guys like the thing and hulk in a first fight but can get some hits in and won't get speedblitzed.

Whereas in DB you only need to be like 20% stronger than someone to thrash them and characters can straight up tank blows from weaker characters without flinching.

If they ever crossed over, in the same way flash can't use the speedforce in 616 they'd have to say ki works differently, cuz presumably iron fist can't do what they do.

Nappa is a CASUAL wrist flick to destroy cities, hulk has to go worldbreaker to do that.

We also have no idea how psychic powers and magic would effect Nappa. It might be he can beat the sentry but be put down by like a really weak shield psychic.

Worst case scenario they could BFR him chuck him in the dark dimension or something.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:45 pm

7-3 Moro vs Gogeta? Piccolo said fusion was useless against Moro now that he has Spirit Fission, but shouldn't Gogeta be much faster than Moro? Specially if he can use UI Sign, which even nullifies Moro's absorption.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:36 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:45 pm 7-3 Moro vs Gogeta? Piccolo said fusion was useless against Moro now that he has Spirit Fission, but shouldn't Gogeta be much faster than Moro? Specially if he can use UI Sign, which even nullifies Moro's absorption.
Not only that, but Gogeta should logically also be able to use spirit fission to separate Moro from 7-3.

Piccolo's statement made no sense at all to me.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:42 pm

The statement would make sense only if Gogeta was his own character, and we were talking about the same guy from the movie, strenghtwise. With Moro7-3 being stronger than Broly, the implication is he'd be at least able to land some, or one hit on that Gogeta and use SF to disrupt the fusion. After all, Gogeta did have to block one of Broly's attacks.

But a Gogeta from that arc, with how the fusees had improved, SSB Gogeta would probably do to Moro7-3 what UI Goku did. Maybe do even better, maybe not as great, but still strong enough to not let Moro touch him. No need to use Sign or even SF -which he could use to great effect.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:52 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:05 pm
The trouble with this is powerscaling works differently in marvel Vs DB. Weaker characters could never really beat guys like the thing and hulk in a first fight but can get some hits in and won't get speedblitzed.

Whereas in DB you only need to be like 20% stronger than someone to thrash them and characters can straight up tank blows from weaker characters without flinching.

If they ever crossed over, in the same way flash can't use the speedforce in 616 they'd have to say ki works differently, cuz presumably iron fist can't do what they do.

Nappa is a CASUAL wrist flick to destroy cities, hulk has to go worldbreaker to do that.

We also have no idea how psychic powers and magic would effect Nappa. It might be he can beat the sentry but be put down by like a really weak shield psychic.

Worst case scenario they could BFR him chuck him in the dark dimension or something.
…yeah, your in a fantasy land. Comic feats are way more crazier than dragon ball could ever comprehend. Hulk can destroy whole dimensions. Just by slamming his hands together. Sentry is stronger than any hulk that isn’t immortal hulk. Nappa is a joke to these guys.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:52 pm

…yeah, your in a fantasy land. Comic feats are way more crazier than dragon ball could ever comprehend. Hulk can destroy whole dimensions. Just by slamming his hands together. Sentry is stronger than any hulk that isn’t immortal hulk. Nappa is a joke to these guys.
You are doing exactly what editor Tom brevoort says not to do. Take top end feats and use them as a baseline.

I never saw some dumb destroying dimensions hand clap shit, world war hulk was gonna take out the Eastern seaboard after a few heavy steps at his max rage and power. But I jumped off after secret war because marvel is shitty now.

But earlier on Luke cages punches are staggering him.

Dragonball doesn't really have that.

They work in different ways.

I think the one living in a fantasy land is you getting a weird hostile tone about comic book trivia like it matters.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:53 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:14 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:52 pm

You are doing exactly what editor Tom brevoort says not to do. Take top end feats and use them as a baseline.

I never saw some dumb destroying dimensions hand clap shit, world war hulk was gonna take out the Eastern seaboard after a few heavy steps at his max rage and power. But I jumped off after secret war because marvel is shitty now.

But earlier on Luke cages punches are staggering him.

Dragonball doesn't really have that.

They work in different ways.

I think the one living in a fantasy land is you getting a weird hostile tone about comic book trivia like it matters.
I wasn’t using a specific version of hulk. This is base hulk I was talking about. I didn’t mean to upset you but comic feats are way above dragon ball. I am sorry for coming off in a “hostile” tone. Still I am sorry. But can’t compare Luke cage to Nappa.

I said people like thing or other characters are above most Db characters. Just because we don’t see them blow or threaten universes, every day. Doesn’t mean they can’t. Comics are meant for American audiences who prefer a sense of realism and character development over mindless destruction in most cases.

However that said, guys like Thor, hulk, strange, sentry, Odin, and etc can stomp Db verse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm

Bardock vs. Young Piccolo Daimo

Rules:
Blance power levels
No giant forms
No outside help

Who wins?
She/Her

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm Bardock vs. Young Piccolo Daimo

Rules:
Blance power levels
No giant forms
No outside help

Who wins?
Saiyans beat namekians all the time if they at least have equal strength. Legendary Warrior race vs warriors of a peaceful race.

ToP SSBE Vegeta vs ToP Hit

[Anime version not manga.]

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm Bardock vs. Young Piccolo Daimo

Rules:
Blance power levels
No giant forms
No outside help

Who wins?
The edge would be Bardock's experience, which of course could be retconned next month if he ends up being not that experienced.
DSB wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 pm ToP SSBE Vegeta vs ToP Hit

[Anime version not manga.]
SSBE beat a God of Destruction, Hit can't overcome that. Also, with that power, Vegeta was doing decently against a much stronger Jiren than the one that rung out Hit. If 'decently' is not the right word, at least, he was doing much better than Hit.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:04 am

So, we have SS3 Goku, SS2 Vegeta, Ultimate Gohan, SS Goten, SS Trunks, SS3 Gotenks and SS Vegito. All from Z.

Who can take them all at the same time, on their own, from GT? and from the earlier arcs of DBS, except Beerus of course?

Could RoF SSB Goku take all of them? would SS Rose Black be needed? or SSG Goku from BoG should be enough?