The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm

New match:

- Broly vs. Moro (both fully powered)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:37 pm

Noah wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm New match:

Moro7-3 was said to be the strongest ever, so Prime Moro can't be that far off. But even if he is not as strong as Broly, his magic and the fact that Broly is a mindless beast, wins it for Moro.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:42 pm

Krillin (23rd Budokai) vs Goku (22nd Budokai). Who ya got?
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:09 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:42 pm Krillin (23rd Budokai) vs Goku (22nd Budokai). Who ya got?
Considering how 18 y/o Krillin can fly and fight against Piccolo Jr. for a relatively long period, I think he has a large chance of beating a 15 y/o Goku
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:28 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:09 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:42 pm Krillin (23rd Budokai) vs Goku (22nd Budokai). Who ya got?
Considering how 18 y/o Krillin can fly and fight against Piccolo Jr. for a relatively long period, I think he has a large chance of beating a 15 y/o Goku
Everyone goes in with the aim of winning so I don't know if they were still weaker than previous gokus it'd even make sense. Kuririn takes it
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:30 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:09 pm
I agree. Idk that flight is the guarantee though, since a lot of people think Chi-Chi around this time would beat Videl, even when Videl could fly. But it's highly likely Krillin had improved to be at least just above Goku around the 22nd. It's just that Goku is usually pretty far above his fellow Turtle students. That said though...everyone in the 23rd who was in the 22nd had massive jumps within the 3 years.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Maybe a trickier one would be 23rd Krillin vs 23rd Yamcha. Or heck, even 22nd Krillin vs 22nd Yamcha. I both of those would be extremely even, but I'd say Yamcha might've taken the 22nd, Krillin the 23rd.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:38 pm Maybe a trickier one would be 23rd Krillin vs 23rd Yamcha. Or heck, even 22nd Krillin vs 22nd Yamcha. I both of those would be extremely even, but I'd say Yamcha might've taken the 22nd, Krillin the 23rd.
Krillin wouldn't have a problem on the 23rd TB considering their gap when Raditz shows up.

22nd TB is indeed trickier. I would still give it to Krillin.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:35 pm

I think Krillin takes it handily -- he and Yamcha were impressed by Tenshinhan and Goku's subdued performance in battle but they could follow it. If anything I would pit this Krillin against Goku from when he fought young Daimou. It's possible the ex-monk will lose but I think he could put up a fight.
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:38 pm Maybe a trickier one would be 23rd Krillin vs 23rd Yamcha. Or heck, even 22nd Krillin vs 22nd Yamcha. I both of those would be extremely even, but I'd say Yamcha might've taken the 22nd, Krillin the 23rd.
23rd Krillin vs 23rd Yamcha - Might be closer than some think. Both Krillin and Yamcha seemed to have mirror similar reactions and perception of Tenshinhan and Goku as they fought. Ultimately Krillin would win but Yamcha would make it difficult, in my opinion.

22nd Krillin vs 22nd Yamcha - Perhaps the closest the two of them ever were, I believe. Krillin seemed the more adaptable and clever during his match with Goku. They both know the Kamehameha so that just might result in a stalemate. It's arguable that Yamcha's attacks would be the more impactful due to greater height and mass. I could see either one of them winning this actually.

How often do stalemates actually happen or could have plausibly happened in fights? You don't see it too often in the manga. Gohan and Kefla is the best example that comes to mind.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:50 pm

Saiyan Saga Yamucha vs. DBZ Movie 1 Garlic Jr

No Immortality
No Dead Zone

Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:53 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:50 pm Saiyan Saga Yamucha vs. DBZ Movie 1 Garlic Jr

No Immortality
No Dead Zone

Who wins?
I've got Yamcha.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:31 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:50 pm Saiyan Saga Yamucha vs. DBZ Movie 1 Garlic Jr

No Immortality
No Dead Zone

Who wins?
Garlic Jr was superior to Goku and Piccolo who were likely in the vicinity of their beginning of Z power levels but not so much that they couldn't overwhelm him when working together. I suppose we could project him anywhere between 600-800? Probably closer to 600.

Yamcha after training with Kami and Popo should soundly take this fight as he was comparable to a Raditz level opponent if not somewhat stronger. I think a closer match up would be Saiyan arc Chaozu against Garlic Jr without his telekinesis. Actually, that sounds like a good match up.

Saiyan arc Chaozu (without telekinesis) vs Garlic Jr (no immortality or Dead Zone)

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:56 am

Noah wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm New match:

Broly would be an all-you-can-eat buffet for Moro.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Lionel wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:31 am

No Immortality
No Dead Zone

Who wins?
Garlic Jr was superior to Goku and Piccolo who were likely in the vicinity of their beginning of Z power levels but not so much that they couldn't overwhelm him when working together. I suppose we could project him anywhere between 600-800? Probably closer to 600.

Yamcha after training with Kami and Popo should soundly take this fight as he was comparable to a Raditz level opponent if not somewhat stronger. I think a closer match up would be Saiyan arc Chaozu against Garlic Jr without his telekinesis. Actually, that sounds like a good match up.

Saiyan arc Chaozu (without telekinesis) vs Garlic Jr (no immortality or Dead Zone)
Still Chaozu just less easily than Yamcha, he is 800 something? and Garlic was like you say was 800 tops. Chaozu is more skilled than that entitled little shit, who only beats Kami up solo, who everyone else except Maaaaybe Chaozu had already surpassed one arc ago.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:40 am

1- Final Form Cooler vs Mecha Freeza

2- 1st form Cell absorbs 19 and 20, how strong does he get? can he beat Super Vegeta or the Broly-ish Super Trunks?

3- Dabura vs 8 Cell Jrs.

4- Namek Vegeta (can go Ohzaru) vs Reecoome, Burta and Jeece.
---what if Ginyu joins the fight?

5- Kid Piccolo Jr. vs Kid Goku (21st Tenkaichi Budokai)
---- what about against 22nd TB Goku?

6- Janemba vs SS3 Goku and SS2 Vegeta, but on Earth (much more drain for Goku, not everything is magically turned into a weapon for Janny)

7- Hoi vs Babidi (one has Hirudegan, the other one has Fat Boo)

8- King Vegeta III vs Saiyan arc Goku (no KK)

9- Buu arc Tenshinhan and Chaozu vs Abo and Kado (they can fuse if they survive)

10- Buu arc Yamcha vs Saiyan arc Vegeta and Nappa

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:40 am 1- Final Form Cooler vs Mecha Freeza

2- 1st form Cell absorbs 19 and 20, how strong does he get? can he beat Super Vegeta or the Broly-ish Super Trunks?

3- Dabura vs 8 Cell Jrs.

6- Janemba vs SS3 Goku and SS2 Vegeta, but on Earth (much more drain for Goku, not everything is magically turned into a weapon for Janny)

9- Buu arc Tenshinhan and Chaozu vs Abo and Kado (they can fuse if they survive)

1. Haven't watched the movies in awhile...but I'll say Final Form Cooler
2. Super Vegeta and Trunks win
3. Dabura
4. Ginyu Force wins
5. Against 21st Goku, Kid Piccolo Jr. Against 22nd? Not sure how strong Kid Piccolo was, but I'm going to assume he wasn't *much* weaker since he ends up surpassing Daimao (and Goku goes way beyond that as well). So I'll still say Kid Piccolo Jr.
6. Janemba
7. Hoi
8. Saiyan arc Goku
9. Never watched the special, so not sure
10. Buu arc Yamcha (I don't follow power levels, but I always assumed even the Earthlings had surpassed the Saiyan Saga villains by the time of the Android arc, or at least after the 3 year timeskip).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:21 am

3- Dabura vs 8 Cell Jrs.

1 It's hard to say Cooler and Freeza both got owned but Freeza was only expecting to beat Namek Goku and with the help of his dad. Cooler got beat by one super Saiyan although did assume he was stronger than someone who beat Freeza. That Goku also got a zenkai. I'm leaning towards cooler.

2. I mean he can't but maybe withe both of them semi cell? Do we ever get 19 and 20 as a fraction of 18?

3. Bura ez he's stronger or at worst equal to spc.

4. If they are allowed to de-tail then them otherwise I can't remember ginyus power level. Ah it's Namek vegeta who's way stronger. Going with him, but if ginyu can steal vegetas body he wins there too.

5. We don't really know how kid piccolos growth rate works.

6.i think they still need fusion. Janemba is in the gulf between Goku and super buu but closer to Goku as he can land hits. Unless Goku gave what would be fatal wounds and he regenerated as a result of his reality warping powers which he wouldn't have here. I can't remember. Leaning Janemba.

7. If they can get stuck in directly babidi wrecks Hoi.
Heru is far stronger than buy but will have a hard time killing him. If they can't absorb candy beam or mind control it then they just bfr him and leave.

8. We don't really know how strong vegeta is in canon. We know he's below 18,000 but adult vegeta was already stronger as a kid. Assuming he was the second strongest Saiyan he'd have to be above Nappa who's 4000ish. So it just depends where he is in that range.

9. All depends on which Freeza form they were compared to and if it was together or fused together.... The humans can't take 2 final form Freezas maybe one teamed up and/or with kiloho.

10. Yamcha thrashes with ease. It's just a case of right after kaios training or android saga as to how soon.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Have there been any fresh and interesting takes on SSJ2 kid Gohan vs. Movie 8 Broly lately?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 pm

3- Dabura vs 8 Cell Jrs.

Cooler easily. He needed a post Yadart SS Goku to beat. I don't even have Mecha Freeza surpassing Namek SS Goku.

Can Cell even get stronger by absorbing them? If he can I doubt he gets the same boost as 17 so he dies.

Dabura kills them the same way Gohan did.

Vegeta is at 240,000+. Too big of a difference for the Ginyu force to do anything unless Ginyu changes bodies with him.

We don't know how strong Piccolo is at birth but the Daizenshuu (Can't remember which one) does say he inherited all of Daimao's power so I always put him at 260. It's kinda neat that way since both him and Goku start their 3 year training at the same power level.

Janemba beats them even easier.

Babidi. Boo is just too OP.

King Vegeta wins with extreme difficulty.

Avo and Cado fought base Goten and Trunks. Boo arc Tenshinhan stands no chance at all. ToP Tenshinhan is another story entirely.

Vegeta and Nappa can both turn Oozaru and Yamaha still one shots them.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:15 pm

3- Dabura vs 8 Cell Jrs.

1. Coolers final form is meant to be a fifth form, which is above freeza’s fourth form. Cooler wins.
2. The Fatty and geezer are weaker than the bratty twins, so Super Vegeta/Trunks could kill him more easily.
3. Dabura is as strong as cell AND has spit that turns stuff to stone. He beats those little shits.
4. Oozaru Vegeta could beat them, but if Ginyu does the CHANGE move, he is boned.
5. Kid Piccolo would beat kid Goku any day, ESPECIALLY pre-Super Divine Water.
6.Janemba, of course. Why the hell did Goku and Vegeta fuse in the first place, then?
7. If Hoi and Babidi are trying to kill each other with their controlled beings, then they might kill each other. If it is Buu vs Hildegarn, then Buu will win a SWEET victory.
8. King Vegeta would beat Goku, but only because he can’t use kaioken.
9. Chaozu can use Telekinesis, tien can use solar flare and other techniques. They can outsmart Abo and Kado if they work together.
10. Yamcha could beat Nappa, but I am unsure about Vegeta (without Oozaru obv).
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san