The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by DSB » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm

Anilaza vs Toppo [Anime]

Anilaza vs Kefla [Anime]

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:40 am

DSB wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm Anilaza vs Toppo [Anime]

Anilaza vs Kefla [Anime]
Anilaza loses both fights. He is not hakaishin level nor UI Sign is required to put him down.

Edit: I was thinking of hakaishin Toppo. Vs regular Toppo I can see Anilaza being a tough foe, but eventually Toppo overpowers him. The guys that were holding off Anilaza were saving energy for U11.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:48 pm

Commander Red (utilizing hand to hand combat) versus. Goku (1st arc)

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 pm

Makaioshin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:48 pm Commander Red (utilizing hand to hand combat) versus. Goku (1st arc)
1st arc as in the Pilaf arc? I'd still say Goku.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 pm
Makaioshin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:48 pm Commander Red (utilizing hand to hand combat) versus. Goku (1st arc)
Yeah, Pilaf. Keep in mind Red's incredible official battle power of 100.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Makaioshin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:46 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 pm
Yeah, Pilaf. Keep in mind Red's incredible official battle power of 100.
Hmm...I feel like Goku might be creative enough to find a way to barely win or to at least escape. But it won't be utter dominance like in the RRA arc.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Red had a power level of 100??? WTF
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Goku. He could take bullets while Red was killed by just one.

No RRA human, besides General Blue and Tao Pai Pai can touch Pilaf arc Goku.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:31 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:15 pm Red had a power level of 100??? WTF
Lol well I also saw somewhere that Pilaf had a higher power level than Mai. :wtf:

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:57 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:31 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:15 pm Red had a power level of 100??? WTF
Lol well I also saw somewhere that Pilaf had a higher power level than Mai. :wtf:
Either I am being delirious or...

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:11 pm

22nd TB Krilin vs RRA army. Can he take them all just like Goku did one arc prior? 3 years have passed, does he have what it takes?

23rd TB Krilin vs RRA arc Tao Pai Pai and Sargent Metallic at the same time.

23rd TB Krilin vs Roshi.

Raditz arc Krilin vs Cyborg Tao Pai Pai, Sargent Metallic, and 22nd TB Tenshinhan.

Saiyan saga Krilin vs 23rd TB Piccolo Jr, 23rd TB Goku, Piccolo Daimao.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:11 pm 22nd TB Krilin vs RRA army. Can he take them all just like Goku did one arc prior? 3 years have passed, does he have what it takes?
He was a little under Goku's strength level when they fought at the tournament, so he theoretically should have been able to wreck the place. However, I don't think Krillin would have been fueled by enough rage to go around blindly killing the soldiers.
Krillin should be able to take them down. Sargent Metallic was much weaker than Tao Pai Pai, and 23rd TB Krillin is much stronger than Tao.
23rd TB Krilin vs Roshi.
That was pretty much the point when Krillin and Yamcha definitively surpassed their master.
Raditz arc Krilin vs Cyborg Tao Pai Pai, Sargent Metallic, and 22nd TB Tenshinhan.
I doubt that Sargent Metallic will do anything, but Cyborg Tao might be a bit more challenging for Krillin. It ultimately depends on how diligent he is against Tenshinhan, since he can do a solar flare and take Krilliin off guard. I would say Krillin has a decent chance, though.
Piccolo Daimao would be pretty easy to beat. 23rd TB Piccolo and Goku would be tough to fight, however Krillin has the advantage of knowing the Kienzan, Goku not mastering flight, and Piccolo not knowing the Makankosoppo. With that in mind, he can win, but with great difficulty.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:11 pm 22nd TB Krilin vs RRA army. Can he take them all just like Goku did one arc prior? 3 years have passed, does he have what it takes?

23rd TB Krilin vs Roshi.

All the first 3 clearly go to Krillin. When reading the manga, it definitely felt implied to me that both Krillin and Yamcha had advanced enough that they were confident they could beat Goku...of course discounting just how much more powerful Goku got during the 3 years. Personality quirks aside, purely on a strength level, 22nd TB Krillin would have wrecked the RRA with greater ease than Goku did. Similarly, I don't think 23rd TB Krillin would have any trouble with Tao or Metallic. And a significant aspect of the 23rd is students surpassing their masters, so considering Roshi doesn't even compete, I'd say it goes without question 23rd TB Krillin had surpassed Roshi.

I don't think Raditz arc Krillin would have much trouble with Cyborg Tao, Metallic, or 22nd TB Tenshinhan. While he may not have trained as consistently as Goku, it stands to reason Krillin kept training and got a decent deal stronger over 5 years. I think 23rd Krillin>22nd Tien. So it stands to reason that Raditz arc Krillin>23rd Tien>>22nd Tien. And I just still don't see the other two putting up much of a fight at this point, even working together.

The last one is where things are a bit more interesting. Saiyan Saga Krillin would be a Raditz+ level opponent, facing a Goku and Piccolo Jr. who are weaker than when they fought Raditz, plus Daimao (younger, I'm assuming). Yet we've seen how well Goku and Piccolo Jr. can work together to coordinate a battle plan and bring down a much more powerful opponent. If the three of them across the board work in sync, I think it's possible they bring down Krillin, but not without at least two sacrifices. However...if Krillin gets to use his Scattering Bullet attack...that's a triple KO.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:46 pm

DSB wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm Anilaza vs Toppo [Anime]

Anilaza vs Kefla [Anime]
Anilaza destroys Toppo. It took 5 Toppo's to defeat him.

Kefla beats him without using Super Saiyan 2.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am

I just saw this on the Fan Works Explosion thread. Kinda weird because Broly was already in a controlled ohzaru form, but say he finds a way to go Ohzaru again, how does this fight go about? what can Gogeta do? go SSBE? use KK? Sign Gogeta?

How would this Broly fare against Moro7-3?

Who could put him down? Granolah, UI Goku? Ultra Ego? would Beerus be needed for it?

Mr Perfect Cell

Post by Mr Perfect Cell » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:35 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:40 am 1- Final Form Cooler vs Mecha Freeza

2- 1st form Cell absorbs 19 and 20, how strong does he get? can he beat Super Vegeta or the Broly-ish Super Trunks?

3- Dabura vs 8 Cell Jrs.

4- Namek Vegeta (can go Ohzaru) vs Reecoome, Burta and Jeece.
---what if Ginyu joins the fight?

5- Kid Piccolo Jr. vs Kid Goku (21st Tenkaichi Budokai)
---- what about against 22nd TB Goku?

6- Janemba vs SS3 Goku and SS2 Vegeta, but on Earth (much more drain for Goku, not everything is magically turned into a weapon for Janny)

7- Hoi vs Babidi (one has Hirudegan, the other one has Fat Boo)

8- King Vegeta III vs Saiyan arc Goku (no KK)

9- Buu arc Tenshinhan and Chaozu vs Abo and Kado (they can fuse if they survive)

10- Buu arc Yamcha vs Saiyan arc Vegeta and Nappa
1. Cooler

2. Whether its Pre or Post Cell he still stands no chance

3. Dabura is called the demon king for a reason... he smacks them all

4. One hit from Vegeta and Their gone, but they could just cut off his tail soooo...yeah

5. Idk how strong kid piccolo was so ima pass

6. Goku and Vegeta may Put up a fight with their skillful combat moves but Janemba is just too strong

7. Hois Big Cicada chews them up

8. King Vegeta

9. pass on dat one chief

10.Yamcha flicks them both

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am

23rd TB Krilin vs Roshi.

22TB Kuririn was pretty confident, so he's above all 21TB hitters and probably even Goku after Karin's training. This should be a walk in the park for Kuririn.

Roshi says everyone has surpassed him by the time of the 23TB, so those two fights should be pretty easy to him.

Third one could goes to the team. While Tao is clearly weaker than Kuririn and Yamcha (They could at least keep up with Tenshinhan's suppressed speed), his Super Dodonpa and Tenshinhan's deflection of it had the duo pissing themselves and wanting to give up. Tao also said his Dodonpa aims on it's target, so Kuririn has no hopes unless he finishes Tao off before. Metallic and Tenshinhan just sit off and watch here.

Third one goes to Kuririn obviously.
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:40 am 1- Final Form Cooler vs Mecha Freeza

2- 1st form Cell absorbs 19 and 20, how strong does he get? can he beat Super Vegeta or the Broly-ish Super Trunks?

3- Dabura vs 8 Cell Jrs.

4- Namek Vegeta (can go Ohzaru) vs Reecoome, Burta and Jeece.
---what if Ginyu joins the fight?

5- Kid Piccolo Jr. vs Kid Goku (21st Tenkaichi Budokai)
---- what about against 22nd TB Goku?

6- Janemba vs SS3 Goku and SS2 Vegeta, but on Earth (much more drain for Goku, not everything is magically turned into a weapon for Janny)

7- Hoi vs Babidi (one has Hirudegan, the other one has Fat Boo)

8- King Vegeta III vs Saiyan arc Goku (no KK)

9- Buu arc Tenshinhan and Chaozu vs Abo and Kado (they can fuse if they survive)

10- Buu arc Yamcha vs Saiyan arc Vegeta and Nappa
1) Cyborg Freeza is barely over Namek SSJ Goku, Cooler should take this.

2) Cell can only absorb organic matter, and 19 and 20 are fully mechanical. Even if he could absorb them, he'd still lose to SSJ1 Vegeta/Trunks probably.

3) Dabra. Cell wasn't afraid of Gohan after he killed 7 Cell Jrs and Dabra is on Cell's level. Another Jr won't make a difference.

4) I'm giving it to the team. Oozaru probably doesn't raise speed as much as it does power, so Burta should be capable of cutting his tail.

5) According to Kami Piccolo was already born as strong as the original one. Piccolo destroys Goku here.

6) Janemba. I don't think Janemba is worlds above Goku since the later could still get some good licks in, Super Janemba is probably weaker than Post Rosat Base Gotenks. Still, SSJ3's strain is too much. The duo could take it in the Other World though.

7) Is this like a Pokemon battle or something? I think Hoi would win because Boo's candy beam and absorption can be countered by Hildegarn turning into smoke.

8.) Taking the no longer canon special into account, Bardock is nearing 10k but is still weaker than the King. Vegeta doesn't have much trouble with Goku here.

9) Tenshinhan alone should have no trouble with the unfused duo, though Chaozu would have his hands full against one of them. The merged duo forced Goten and Trunks to fuse though, so not even the overpowered Shin Kikoho can do anything to Aka.

10) Yamcha can take them even as Oozarus.
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am I just saw this on the Fan Works Explosion thread. Kinda weird because Broly was already in a controlled ohzaru form, but say he finds a way to go Ohzaru again, how does this fight go about? what can Gogeta do? go SSBE? use KK? Sign Gogeta?

How would this Broly fare against Moro7-3?

Who could put him down? Granolah, UI Goku? Ultra Ego? would Beerus be needed for it?
So Broly gets another 10x boost? I think Gogeta would need Kaio-Ken for this one.

Moro is apparently even stronger than Broly, plus his magic would make him a solid snack.

Not sure if the folks from the Granolah Saga are 10x stronger than Broly already. I'd say UE Vegeta and FP Granolah can take him. Not UI Goku though.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:18 am

New Hypothetic Question
If Android 35 actually existed, how strong would they be?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:09 am

Seen on another thread: Chaozu vs Chichi at the 23rd TB. Who wins?
Chichi probaly is stronger physically but Chaozu has some techniques even Goku struggled with.

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:18 am New Hypothetic Question
If Android 35 actually existed, how strong would they be?
Androids merging together gives them quite a boost as seen for Cell and android 13. For the anime, probably stronger than Hakaishin Toppo and SSBE Vegeta. Only below Jiren and 3rd Sign Goku.
For the manga, SSBE level.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:47 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:09 am Seen on another thread: Chaozu vs Chichi at the 23rd TB. Who wins?
Chichi probaly is stronger physically but Chaozu has some techniques even Goku struggled with.
On pure physicality, Chi-Chi wipes the floor with Chaozu, as we've never witnessed any physical feats from him (that's not to say he can't fight at all, but I doubt that's his strongest suit). If she is able to confuse him with a math problem, she wins. Aside from that, Chaozu probably wouldn't have to even budge to defeat Chi-Chi with a plethora of his ki energy techniques.