The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Lionel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 am

There's not a lot of feats or information to go off of. All we know is that Tenshinhan is weaker than the kids/Cell Games Cell Jrs as of the Moro arc (*eyeroll*). We also have him avoiding Gero's Bionic Punisher in conjunction with base Goku. What else is there to say? It's just largely guesswork.

I want to say that Tenshinhan could at least take Namek arc Freeza as of the current arc. Buu arc? Probably not strong enough. I don't have anything to argue that point, though.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Is SSJ Gogeta (BR) enough to defeat Moro?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:25 pm

One Saibaman vs 23rd TB top 8 & Roshi (no Mafuba)

SSJ1 Vegeta (Cell Games) vs Piccolo (BoG)

Base Vegito (Buu arc) vs Base Kid Goku (start of GT)

SSJR Goku Black (anime, in his prime with his scythe) vs Hit (ToP anime)

Enraged Base Broly (DBS) vs SSJ Rage Trunks (End of Black arc, no Spirit Sword).

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:56 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 pm Is SSJ Gogeta (BR) enough to defeat Moro?
Powerwise, sure. But Moro's hax has still to show its weakness, considering how much stronger than SSB, Gogeta, was, I'd say he would be faster than Moro's skill. As long as Gogeta knows about the absorption.
Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:25 pm One Saibaman vs 23rd TB top 8 & Roshi (no Mafuba)

Enraged Base Broly (DBS) vs SSJ Rage Trunks (End of Black arc, no Spirit Sword).
1) 8 martial artist vs 1 brainless Raditz show end with some martial artists dead and 1 brainless Raditz dead as well.
2) I don't think pre-U6 Piccolo can take a SS from the Cell Games.
3) Base Vegito is believed to be as strong as SS3 Goku, which also seems to be GT Goku's base, although I might have him a bit below that. If they are even, advantage for Vegito, his brains.
4) Hit can probably time cage Black, and I don't even know if he can outsmart the time skip. Black is definitely stronger though.
5) Trunks. Broly at best was overpowering SS Vegeta, while SSR Trunks has at least some above god level feats to consider him the clear winner.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:50 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:56 pm
Noah wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 pm Is SSJ Gogeta (BR) enough to defeat Moro?
Powerwise, sure. But Moro's hax has still to show its weakness, considering how much stronger than SSB, Gogeta, was, I'd say he would be faster than Moro's skill. As long as Gogeta knows about the absorption.
Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:25 pm One Saibaman vs 23rd TB top 8 & Roshi (no Mafuba)

1) 8 martial artist vs 1 brainless Raditz show end with some martial artists dead and 1 brainless Raditz dead as well.
2) I don't think pre-U6 Piccolo can take a SS from the Cell Games.
3) Base Vegito is believed to be as strong as SS3 Goku, which also seems to be GT Goku's base, although I might have him a bit below that. If they are even, advantage for Vegito, his brains.
4) Hit can probably time cage Black, and I don't even know if he can outsmart the time skip. Black is definitely stronger though.
5) Trunks. Broly at best was overpowering SS Vegeta, while SSR Trunks has at least some above god level feats to consider him the clear winner.
Keep in mind when I say Enraged Base Broly, I mean his pseudo-Great Ape form.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:25 am

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:18 pm Let's have some Piccolo matches.

Piccolo [Cell Games arc] vs SSG2 Vegeta [Post 1st RoSaT].
Piccolo [Cell Games arc] vs SS Goku [Post RoSaT; When he displayed his "around half power" to Korin].
Piccolo [Boo arc] vs Perfect Cell [vs SSG2 Vegeta/SSG3 Future Trunks].
Piccolo [Beerus arc] vs Cell Junior.
Piccolo [RoF arc] vs SS Future Trunks [After killing Future Cell].
Piccolo [U6 arc] vs Shin.
Ah I love Piccolo! Lol.

1 - Piccolo probably wins without problems. The fact that he had a better performance than the tired Super Saiyan Goku should put him in a much higher level than a Vegeta that was defeated with a few hits from a well suppressed Cell.

2 - Now I would say that their powers are even. In fact, I have both exactly the same on the last list I made. In a battle of equals, I would give Son Goku a slight advantage, who I believe has an arsenal of more powerful techniques and a slightly greater experience. Interestingly, Cell also greeted this side of Goku, saying that his way of fighting is different from that of the others.

3 - I usually put this Perfect Cell that easily defeated Vegeta at Goku SSJ's 50% level. Having said that and considering that Piccolo must have gained at least a reasonable amount of power in those 7 years, I think that Piccolo wins without too many problems.

4 - Cell Juniors were slightly superior to Vegeta and Trunks. Giving Piccolo a reasonable gain of power in these 7 years, I do not think it is unrealistic that he has reached the level of a Cell Junior. Add a few more months (or years?) of training to Piccolo and we have a winner.

5 - It is difficult to assess Piccolo's power during that moment. At least the film was anything but generous to him and had him tied with an enemy said to be of the same level as Zarbon... but considering the lack of evidence corroborating a big leap in power from him, I think the future Trunks, after 3 years, would defeat that Piccolo, especially considering how strong Trunks became in the Zamasu saga.

6 - This Piccolo though would defeat East Kaioshin without any problems. Said Piccolo was able to fight evenly with Frost, the same Frost who forced a Vegeta already far superior to the Boo's arc one to use his SSJ form. Kaioshin, who is probably still inferior to Gohan SSJ in the Boo saga and Dabura would have no chance here.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:53 pm

Mireya wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:25 am
ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:18 pm Let's have some Piccolo matches.

Piccolo [Cell Games arc] vs SSG2 Vegeta [Post 1st RoSaT].
Piccolo [Cell Games arc] vs SS Goku [Post RoSaT; When he displayed his "around half power" to Korin].
Piccolo [Boo arc] vs Perfect Cell [vs SSG2 Vegeta/SSG3 Future Trunks].
Piccolo [Beerus arc] vs Cell Junior.
Piccolo [RoF arc] vs SS Future Trunks [After killing Future Cell].
Piccolo [U6 arc] vs Shin.
Ah I love Piccolo! Lol.

1 - Piccolo probably wins without problems. The fact that he had a better performance than the tired Super Saiyan Goku should put him in a much higher level than a Vegeta that was defeated with a few hits from a well suppressed Cell.

2 - Now I would say that their powers are even. In fact, I have both exactly the same on the last list I made. In a battle of equals, I would give Son Goku a slight advantage, who I believe has an arsenal of more powerful techniques and a slightly greater experience. Interestingly, Cell also greeted this side of Goku, saying that his way of fighting is different from that of the others.

3 - I usually put this Perfect Cell that easily defeated Vegeta at Goku SSJ's 50% level. Having said that and considering that Piccolo must have gained at least a reasonable amount of power in those 7 years, I think that Piccolo wins without too many problems.

4 - Cell Juniors were slightly superior to Vegeta and Trunks. Giving Piccolo a reasonable gain of power in these 7 years, I do not think it is unrealistic that he has reached the level of a Cell Junior. Add a few more months (or years?) of training to Piccolo and we have a winner.

5 - It is difficult to assess Piccolo's power during that moment. At least the film was anything but generous to him and had him tied with an enemy said to be of the same level as Zarbon... but considering the lack of evidence corroborating a big leap in power from him, I think the future Trunks, after 3 years, would defeat that Piccolo, especially considering how strong Trunks became in the Zamasu saga.

6 - This Piccolo though would defeat East Kaioshin without any problems. Said Piccolo was able to fight evenly with Frost, the same Frost who forced a Vegeta already far superior to the Boo's arc one to use his SSJ form. Kaioshin, who is probably still inferior to Gohan SSJ in the Boo saga and Dabura would have no chance here.
Shisami was never compared to them in Toriyama's script though. He was a powerful mercenary only seen at Earth.

Also Piccolo never fought Frost evenly. He was always at the defensive during the whole match.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:17 am

Shisami was never compared to them in Toriyama's script though. He was a powerful mercenary only seen at Earth.

Also Piccolo never fought Frost evenly. He was always at the defensive during the whole match.
What do you know it's in Toriyama's script though? All I know is that he wrote most dialogues, not a distinction of what was or wasn't his idea

We might have been considering two different versions of Super then. I'm considering the manga version of the fight at where Piccolo clearly exchanged blows evenly with Frost.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 am

Mireya wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:17 am

What do you know it's in Toriyama's script though? All I know is that he wrote most dialogues, not a distinction of what was or wasn't his idea

We might have been considering two different versions of Super then. I'm considering the manga version of the fight at where Piccolo clearly exchanged blows evenly with Frost.
I have the entire script. Shisami isn't mentioned at all until the army arrives on Earth and it mentions that Freeza recruited powerful mercenaries to it.

I always consider the anime when it comes to Super. Even still, in the manga Piccolo wasn't equal to the weakened Frost. Piccolo needed to burn much more stamina just to be able to fight him defensively.

Anyway this is a fight I was considering for the last few days.

Piccolo vs Base Gohan. Both during the ToP and Gohan obviously can't transform to any from. Who wins?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 pm

Namek Gohan grows his tail back and looks at some Namek's moon just about he is losing it after 2nd form Freeza fatally wounded Krilin.

-Ohzaru Gohan vs 2nd form Freeza
-if the fight is too easy for Freeza due to the ohzaru's loss of control, then:
Ikari Gohan (that is the ohzaru but humanoid like Broly does it) vs 2nd form Freeza

- Namek Gohan after using the DB vs saiyan arc Vegeta and Nappa

- Pui Pui vs saiyan arc KKx3 Goku.
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 am Anyway this is a fight I was considering for the last few days.

Piccolo vs Base Gohan. Both during the ToP and Gohan obviously can't transform to any from. Who wins?
I think Gohan. I'm not sure Piccolo can fight base Goku just like Gohan did.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:55 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 pm Namek Gohan grows his tail back and looks at some Namek's moon just about he is losing it after 2nd form Freeza fatally wounded Krilin.

-Ohzaru Gohan vs 2nd form Freeza
-if the fight is too easy for Freeza due to the ohzaru's loss of control, then:
Ikari Gohan (that is the ohzaru but humanoid like Broly does it) vs 2nd form Freeza

- Namek Gohan after using the DB vs saiyan arc Vegeta and Nappa

- Pui Pui vs saiyan arc KKx3 Goku.
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 am Anyway this is a fight I was considering for the last few days.

I think Gohan. I'm not sure Piccolo can fight base Goku just like Gohan did.
If you are talking about episode 90 then base Goku was never fighting seriously with Gohan since Goku's SS2 matched initial Ultimate Gohan.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:28 am

New fights

1. Prime Moro vs M. Zamasu (no immortality)?

2. G. Frieza (Broly) vs Black (with scythe)?

3. South Kaioshin vs Ssj2 Gohan (cell)?

4. Kid Buu vs Basil?

5. Ssj Vegito vs Base Broly?

6. Light speed Dyspo vs SsjB Goku (U6)?

7. Ult. Gohan (ToP) vs G. Frieza (RoF)?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:42 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:28 am New fights

4. Kid Buu vs Basil?

Zamasu.
Freeza is stronger but not by much. Once Black traps Freeza with his clones, he'll win in no time.
Gohan will need SS3 to beat him.
Basil needed a drug to even be able to give Good Boo a fight. Pure Boo crushes him.
Which Vegetto? If it's Z then Broly wins. SS FT arc Vegetto wins. ToP or Broly arc base Vegetto wins.
Goku will eventually lose to his speed.
Gohan one shots him.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:38 pm

4. Kid Buu vs Basil?

- Zamasu erases him in a heartbeat.
- Black stomps.
- South Kaioshin took Kid Buu on and forced him to use absorbtion, Gohan would get his ass handed to him.
- Basil actually recquired a full-power Kamehameha from Good Buu to get beat. Fact is, Kid Buu is way beyond his good counterpart, so Basil clearly has no chance.
- Be more specific...
- Dyspo stomps.
- Freeza.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:35 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 am

I have the entire script. Shisami isn't mentioned at all until the army arrives on Earth and it mentions that Freeza recruited powerful mercenaries to it.

I always consider the anime when it comes to Super. Even still, in the manga Piccolo wasn't equal to the weakened Frost. Piccolo needed to burn much more stamina just to be able to fight him defensively.

I think it's Tagoma to whom Sorbet refers to then, right? But if Shisami were stronger than Tagoma to the point he'd be a Cell Games more or less relevant warrior, why don't they even reference him considering Sorbet was boasting about the strength of the army?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:29 am

4. Kid Buu vs Basil?

1- Zamasu. He is between SSB level and hakaishin tier, closer to the latter while Prime Moro is closer to SSGod or SSB.
2- Golden Freeza. I don't see what the fuss is all about with Black's Scythe, he couldn't defeat SSB Vegeta, only stall him
3- Kaioshin. He made Kid Buu(SS3 tier), absorb him.
4- Kid Buu. Basil is comparable to Fat Buu
5- Base Broly can only defeat Z Super Vegito. Any other Vegito iteration is too much for him.
6- Dyspo. He was giving Golden Freeza a run for his money. A weaker Goku wouldn't be able to take him.
7- Freeza. I don't see any Gohan defeating a SSB level character, specially Freeza that was above SSB.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Mireya wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:35 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 am

I think it's Tagoma to whom Sorbet refers to then, right? But if Shisami were stronger than Tagoma to the point he'd be a Cell Games more or less relevant warrior, why don't they even reference him considering Sorbet was boasting about the strength of the army?
Because he literally isnt there. He's only mentioned when the 1,000 soldier fight begins.
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:29 am 2- Golden Freeza. I don't see what the fuss is all about with Black's Scythe, he couldn't defeat SSB Vegeta, only stall him
Because he didnt want to. Black tells them he was toying with them so they could get stronger so he himself can get stronger. They can't even escape the clones, Black just leaves.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:48 am

I stand corrected then.

Some new fights:

Piccolo and Trunks SSJ (both from the battle against the androids, pre merge for Piccolo) vs Vegeta SSJ (from the same time period)

Future Trunks SSJ (Cell Games) vs Future Trunks SSJG3 (no speed issues)

Kid Trunks SSJ and Goten SSJ (Boo saga) vs the warriors from the CGs -- how far do they get?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Mireya wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:48 am I stand corrected then.

Some new fights:

Piccolo and Trunks SSJ (both from the battle against the androids, pre merge for Piccolo) vs Vegeta SSJ (from the same time period)

Future Trunks SSJ (Cell Games) vs Future Trunks SSJG3 (no speed issues)

Kid Trunks SSJ and Goten SSJ (Boo saga) vs the warriors from the CGs -- how far do they get?
- Piccolo's just a fly to Vegeta, and Trunks is clearly weaker.
- SsjG3 Trunks was actually stronger than Cell, so if he had no speed issues then he could've defeated him.
- They stomp the Earthlings and beat Piccolo, but Trunks alone would teach them some manners.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:21 pm

Why do so many people in this form think Current Gohan isnt SSB level, despite having MANY SSB levels feats and statements in both the anime & manga?

Its ridiculous to assume ToP Gohan wouldn't even beat RoF Freeza lmao. If he was that weak he wouldn't have done even 25% as good as he did in either version of the ToP.