The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 am

DestructoDisc wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:22 pm Ultra Instinct Raditz vs Post-King Kai Training Goku
Chiaotzu (Cell saga) vs Oozaru Vegeta (Saiyan saga)
Semi-Perfect Cell vs Krillshinhan (Fusion of Krillin and Tenshinhan)
Mr. Satan vs John Cena
GT Pan vs base Goten (Buu saga)
Namek Saga Frieza (after training for 10 days) vs SSJ Goku (Namek saga)
Radish
I'd say jiaozi, i like to highball
Crilshinhan via shin kikoho if He's cell saga
Satan?idk
Pan easily
Freezer in base

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:02 am

DestructoDisc wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:22 pm Ultra Instinct Raditz vs Post-King Kai Training Goku
Mr. Satan vs John Cena
- Raditz one-shots.
- I do not think Chiaotzu, in his entire life, has ever came close to Saiyan arc Vegeta. I'm not even sure he's surpassed Nappa yet.
- Pass.
- Pass.
- GT Pan easily.
- Still Goku.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:36 pm
  • Super 13 VS Semi-Perfect Cell
  • Android 13, Android 14, Android 15 VS Piccolo (Kami Absorbed), Vegeta (Super Saiyan Grade 1,post RoSaT)
  • Metal Cooler (Peak) VS Goku (Super Saiyan Grade 4)
  • Broly (A-type Super Saiyan) VS Gokua (Full Power state), Bido, Bujin
  • Broly (C-type Super Saiyan) VS Bojack (Final Form)
  • Super Android 13, Imperfect Cell, Bojack (Base) VS Broly (B-type Legendary Super Saiyan, Maximum Power)
  • Mecha Freeza (Full Power), King Cold (2nd Form), Cooler (4th Form) VS Android 19, Android 20
  • Android 17, Android 18 VS Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Grade 3, no speed drawback)
  • Goku (False Super Saiyan), Turtles (1 Fruit from the Tree of Might consumed), Lord Slug (Giant Namekian Form) VS Freeza (2nd Form)
  • Hatchiyak (Base Form) VS Perfect Cell (Power Weighted Form)
- I think even Imperfect Cell has a chance.
- Piccolo one-shots them all at the same time, no need for Vegeta to interfere.
- I think those three, with their powers, can definetely put up a fight, and maybe win.
- Broly always.
- Broly stomps them all.
- If they avoid letting them absorb their ki's, then I think each of the trio can solo on their own.
- Is this a joke? Trunks literally breathes and they die instantly.
- The team, but Turles dies.
- I don't think Perfect Cell would've lost to the Z fighters. He wins.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Mr. Satan vs John Cena
Logically Raditz should massacre.
Vegeta. Vegeta would stomp Yamcha as well.
I guess the fusion.
Skip.
Pan stomps.
Freeza stomps.
Zamasu55 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:02 am
- I do not think Chiaotzu, in his entire life, has ever came close to Saiyan arc Vegeta. I'm not even sure he's surpassed Nappa yet.
IIRC current Chaozu's telekinesis is strong enough to restrain current at the time Goku in Ep.42 of Super. He trained a year on Kaio's and trains just as much as Tenshinhan so I don't see why he couldn't have at least surpassed Nappa.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 pm

- Which is the strongest DB character that could wreck Saint Seiya, One Piece and Naruto universes?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 pm - Which is the strongest DB character that could wreck Saint Seiya, One Piece and Naruto universes?
Don't you mean the weakest character?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 am

Mr. Satan vs John Cena
Ultra Instinct would likely bring Raditz to a point he could swiftly dodge Goku's attempts. This goes to Raditz.

Chaozu would reach only the few tens of thousands by then according to my estimations. We haven't seen anything from him, and I don't think he can compete with Oozaru Vegeta, weakened though he was.

If we take Super into account and its implications of Tenshinhan and by extent Kuririn being at least above Freeza by a pretty good margin, then the fusion might take this as it's stated a fusion can take someone to a level said someone couldn't hope to accomplish on their own. Discounting Super though, I don't think the top earthlings can make it.

Mr. Satan, in my opinion.

GT Pan's feat of knocking Rild on his ass, an opponent stated to be above Boo, when Rild wasn't totally off guard goes way beyond what a Saiyajin from the Boo arc could hope to accomplish (Chibi Trunks knocked Boo away, but this latter was unaware of his presence, Trunks was a SSJ, plus we've seen how little effective base Goku's attack on Gero was when this latter was aware about Goku, but not that he was charging at him).

Err... considering how much Freeza has increased his power alongside four monthes, I'd say it's possible that with one day he'd close the not-large gap between him and Goku :D

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:53 am

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 pm - Which is the strongest DB character that could wreck Saint Seiya, One Piece and Naruto universes?
For saint seiya, I think we have to come up with someone from heroes, really.

One piece I'd say strart of z goku, for prime whitebeard is needed vegeta saga Goku (kaioken) imo

For naruto verse, an anddtoisrsaga ssj or pre fusion piccolo should be enough, not counting the haxes

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:45 am

Tsuburi runs a Z gauntlet!

So for those who have been following the current's Super arc, Tsuburi is the warrior formed by the assimilation of many Namekians made to stop Moro. He was one-shotted in a brutal way, but considering this Moro has already ability surpassing that of a SSJG, the Namekian warrior's power remains a mystery.

How far do you think he gets in the Z world?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:33 am

ahill1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:45 am Tsuburi runs a Z gauntlet!

So for those who have been following the current's Super arc, Tsuburi is the warrior formed by the assimilation of many Namekians made to stop Moro. He was one-shotted in a brutal way, but considering this Moro has already ability surpassing that of a SSJG, the Namekian warrior's power remains a mystery.

So, I think that the Namekians learned from their mistakes with Freeza and thus depending on a single warrior with great PL to take out enemies wasn't very efficient (Nail).

I will say that Tsuburi was chosen to perform this task due to him being already a strong fighter. No reason for the Nameks to grow stronger over the years. I would place him equal to Nail at base.

Then we know that he fused with dozens of other Namekians who could be warrior-type only or a mix. Their powers would usually be at the level of 3,000 to 10,000 BP. The Savior has a PL of around 40,000.

Let's say that 36 Namekians with an average PL of 6,500 fused with the Savior. That would result in their total power being that of 234,000.

If Piccolo had a PL of around 35,000 when he visited Namek (I will use the numbers of sir Kaboom for this) and with Nail with 42,000 they produce a warrior of 1,500,000 then they produce a warrior roughly 20 times stronger than the sum of their powers via assimilation.

So, given that our Savior does that, then the total power of the Nameks who fused with him and his own power together would measure up to a PL of 274,000. Half the power of 1st Form Freeza. But, this number is then multiplied by 20 for a total of 5,480,000. Stronger than any of Freeza's suppression forms and even stronger than a certain percentage of his Final Form's power.

Saonel and Pirina are unknown as to with how many Nameks they fused and if they shared massive PLs themselves. I might be lowballing, but even if the Savior was up to their level, he shouldn't be able to do much against Moro, let alone the entire Z.

Let's give the savior one more chance though. Let's apply into the equation the Super Namekian powers. When a Namekian fuses with other Namekians he eventually enters a new level of power and consciousness, allowing him to become a Super Namekian at will, with him producing powers nearly 100fold superior according to King Kai from the movie Lord Slug.

So, we are generous and say that out Savior can turn into a Super Namekian and gets 100 times stronger. He is always in this state. So his PL jumps up to 548,000,000. Now this is a high number. Definitely stronger than Freeza at 100% Final, Collier at his Fourth Form, Super Saiyan Goku until he entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and even stronger than some Androids.

Now let's say that the savior didn't put everything against Moro. He should be able to go a little further. I am being generous. Let's say that he has the ability of Giantification. Just like Piccolo and Garlic Jr. his PL is multiplied by 1.5× and gets slightly taller and more muscular. His new PL is 822,000,000.

Of course there is no indication of all these happening and I lowballed his initial PL. He nearly as strong as Perfect Cell now. Hmmmm, how to power him up a little more?

Meh for the sake of madness and fun, I will also say that his potential was unlocked by some Namekian Elders prior to the battle. So we have to change the numbers. From 40,000 PL he gets to 400,000 PL from the potential unlocking, thus the resulting a warrior with a PL of 634,00, who gets the assimilation multiplier of 20 for 12,680,000 BP, who then is a Super Namekian for a PL of 1,268,000,000 and finally gets a Giantification Amp of 1.5× for a total of 1,902,000,000 BP.

Stronger than Broly, Hatchiyak and Super Perfect Cell (always according to Daizenshuu) perhaps in the league of Good Buu (after the split). That's how far my fantasy can take him. If he survives until the Buu saga, then he will most certainly die by it's starting.
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:25 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:33 am

So, I think that the Namekians learned from their mistakes with Freeza and thus depending on a single warrior with great PL to take out enemies wasn't very efficient (Nail).

I will say that Tsuburi was chosen to perform this task due to him being already a strong fighter. No reason for the Nameks to grow stronger over the years. I would place him equal to Nail at base.

Then we know that he fused with dozens of other Namekians who could be warrior-type only or a mix. Their powers would usually be at the level of 3,000 to 10,000 BP. The Savior has a PL of around 40,000.

Let's say that 36 Namekians with an average PL of 6,500 fused with the Savior. That would result in their total power being that of 234,000.

If Piccolo had a PL of around 35,000 when he visited Namek (I will use the numbers of sir Kaboom for this) and with Nail with 42,000 they produce a warrior of 1,500,000 then they produce a warrior roughly 20 times stronger than the sum of their powers via assimilation.

So, given that our Savior does that, then the total power of the Nameks who fused with him and his own power together would measure up to a PL of 274,000. Half the power of 1st Form Freeza. But, this number is then multiplied by 20 for a total of 5,480,000. Stronger than any of Freeza's suppression forms and even stronger than a certain percentage of his Final Form's power.

Saonel and Pirina are unknown as to with how many Nameks they fused and if they shared massive PLs themselves. I might be lowballing, but even if the Savior was up to their level, he shouldn't be able to do much against Moro, let alone the entire Z.

Let's give the savior one more chance though. Let's apply into the equation the Super Namekian powers. When a Namekian fuses with other Namekians he eventually enters a new level of power and consciousness, allowing him to become a Super Namekian at will, with him producing powers nearly 100fold superior according to King Kai from the movie Lord Slug.

So, we are generous and say that out Savior can turn into a Super Namekian and gets 100 times stronger. He is always in this state. So his PL jumps up to 548,000,000. Now this is a high number. Definitely stronger than Freeza at 100% Final, Collier at his Fourth Form, Super Saiyan Goku until he entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and even stronger than some Androids.

Now let's say that the savior didn't put everything against Moro. He should be able to go a little further. I am being generous. Let's say that he has the ability of Giantification. Just like Piccolo and Garlic Jr. his PL is multiplied by 1.5× and gets slightly taller and more muscular. His new PL is 822,000,000.

Of course there is no indication of all these happening and I lowballed his initial PL. He nearly as strong as Perfect Cell now. Hmmmm, how to power him up a little more?

Meh for the sake of madness and fun, I will also say that his potential was unlocked by some Namekian Elders prior to the battle. So we have to change the numbers. From 40,000 PL he gets to 400,000 PL from the potential unlocking, thus the resulting a warrior with a PL of 634,00, who gets the assimilation multiplier of 20 for 12,680,000 BP, who then is a Super Namekian for a PL of 1,268,000,000 and finally gets a Giantification Amp of 1.5× for a total of 1,902,000,000 BP.

Stronger than Broly, Hatchiyak and Super Perfect Cell (always according to Daizenshuu) perhaps in the league of Good Buu (after the split). That's how far my fantasy can take him. If he survives until the Buu saga, then he will most certainly die by it's starting.
Following what nail said to piccolo, in
Qdhis opinion a namecc arc kamiccolo could beat freezer (first form obviously)

So, going by that, I'd say post resurrection piccolo is around 280'000 imo, making assimilation a x5 multiplier on top of the strongest fighter.
Do we know how many namekians this warrior "swollen"?
For starter, I'd say that maybe after freezer namekians started to train more, so maybe tsuburi was like 80'000 instead of nail's 42'000.
Let's say he swollen 5 other namekisns, his power level would be 80'000x5x5x5x5x5= 250'000'000
So, it would be like 90% of future trunks ssj when he killed mecha freezer and king cold (that trunks is 280'000'000 imo)
Anyway, the last part of you comment about the 1,9 billions pl is totally out of the window and nonsense. No way people like broly doesn't surpass the 2 billions power level.
I can see that being a direct consequence of v jump having broly at 1,4 billions, but bro, seriously? That's v jump , it just sucks. Doesn't consider it at all if you want to do good power levels.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:57 am

p-hyvo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:25 am

So, going by that, I'd say post resurrection piccolo is around 280'000 imo, making assimilation a x5 multiplier on top of the strongest fighter.
For starter, I'd say that maybe after freezer namekians started to train more, so maybe tsuburi was like 80'000 instead of nail's 42'000.
Let's say he swollen 5 other namekisns, his power level would be 80'000x5x5x5x5x5= 250'000'000
So, it would be like 90% of future trunks ssj when he killed mecha freezer and king cold (that trunks is 280'000'000 imo)
Anyway, the last part of you comment about the 1,9 billions pl is totally out of the window and nonsense. No way people like broly doesn't surpass the 2 billions power level.
I can see that being a direct consequence of v jump having broly at 1,4 billions, but bro, seriously? That's v jump , it just sucks. Doesn't consider it at all if you want to do good power levels.
Not to worry man. I just used it for sarcasm. After all my debates I have figured as much. We even had some good debates in the past that made me realize that.

:lol: lmao

So your final verdict is that The Hero of the Namekians is at 250,000,000?
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:35 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:57 am

Not to worry man. I just used it for sarcasm. After all my debates I have figured as much. We even had some good debates in the past that made me realize that.

That's true lmao
I do not have a good memory at all and I often fail to recognize sarcasm.

About the namekian: well, assumig he swollen only 5 other namekians, yes. Do we know how many namekians he swollen?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:35 am

That's true lmao

About the namekian: well, assumig he swollen only 5 other namekians, yes. Do we know how many namekians he swollen?
I was 100% sure that there was an image in chapter 46 that showed the Namekian Savior flying and several Nameks fusing with him while he traveled to Moro's location. I couldn't find it though. It might have been my imagination...

There is a statement though. The Elder says that "when several dozen Namekians assimilate..."

If we want to pinpoint an exact number, we can go by definition of the words themselves. According to the Cambridge Dictionary:

Definition of several
"more than two and fewer than many"

Definition of many
"a large number (of), or a lot (of)"

So what we understand from this is that the Elder Namekian probably knew that the Savior would have absorbed more than 2 dozens of warriors but less than 9 (the final first number).

However, given that several is more than 2, then it is safe to assume that the number that the Elder referred to was probably something in between, that being 5 or 6.

So try doing the safe with 5.5 dozens of Namekians fusing, which would result in a number of 66 :wtf: :lol: (as a dozen is 12 and 5.5 dozens is 5×12 + 6) Namekian warriors of let's say the same average PL.
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 pm

That's true lmao

I was 100% sure that there was an image in chapter 46 that showed the Namekian Savior flying and several Nameks fusing with him while he traveled to Moro's location. I couldn't find it though. It might have been my imagination...

There is a statement though. The Elder says that "when several dozen Namekians assimilate..."

If we want to pinpoint an exact number, we can go by definition of the words themselves. According to the Cambridge Dictionary:

Definition of several

Definition of many

So what we understand from this is that the Elder Namekian probably knew that the Savior would have absorbed more than 2 dozens of warriors but less than 9 (the final first number).

However, given that several is more than 2, then it is safe to assume that the number that the Elder referred to was probably something in between, that being 5 or 6.

So try doing the safe with 5.5 dozens of Namekians fusing, which would result in a number of 66 :wtf: :lol: (as a dozen is 12 and 5.5 dozens is 5×12 + 6) Namekian warriors of let's say the same average PL.
So, lowballing it should be like 80'000x5^36(?)
That makes 1'150'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000 (rounded)
Lol
1,15 nonillions. In the anime I can see such power level, it isn't even that much. But not in the manga

It is like 70% of late shadow Dragons saga base goku, Imo. So translated in dbs it doesnt go further than base Goku (early ToP anime)

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:42 pm

That's true lmao

Definition of several

Definition of many

Lol
1,15 nonillions. In the anime I can see such power level, it isn't even that much. But not in the manga

It is like 70% of late shadow Dragons saga base goku, Imo. So translated in dbs it doesnt go further than base Goku (early ToP anime)
So, it has been settled I assume. DBS Base Goku, as in the end of ToP (not taking Broly into account, as tbh, I doubt that anyone but Broly got stronger) is stronger than end of Shadow Dragons Saga GT Goku. At least, they should be on par. Always talking about the DBS Anime.

I may say myself that Super Goku (Anime) probably broke the so-called Z SSJ3 Buu saga limit at Base, by the end of the Future Trunks arc.

Back to the main point though, that's some good power from the Namekian. He could probably hold out if Moro was powered-down in his Elder state with the assistance of Goku and Vegeta. Still, nothing... Lol

But he would tear apart Z
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 pm
p-hyvo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Definition of several

Definition of many

Lol

So, it has been settled I assume. DBS Base Goku, as in the end of ToP (not taking Broly into account, as tbh, I doubt that anyone but Broly got stronger) is stronger than end of Shadow Dragons Saga GT Goku. At least, they should be on par. Always talking about the DBS Anime.

I may say myself that Super Goku (Anime) probably broke the so-called Z SSJ3 Buu saga limit at Base, by the end of the Future Trunks arc.
I tend to lowball gt in regard of super.
I have ssj4 Gogeta < ssbkk20 Goku BoToP
Surely it is due to that thing.
I think like that because ssj4 Gogeta hasn't got any high universal feat like jiren, uio Goku and ssj2 kefla, that shakes an infinite space in the world of void, so I keep him like tied with ssbkk20 Goku because he's the last character that doesn't have such feat in dbs

I have like

Gt Goku 1,15

Early ToP Goku 1

Ssj4 gt Goku 1'840

Ssb Goku 30'000

Ssj4 Gogeta 331'200

Ssbkk20 Goku 600'000

Or anyway something like that, with uio1 Goku being 15'000'000, u7 ToP genkidama 9'000'000, ssj2 berserker kefla at 16'000'000 and BoToP jiren at 14'300'000

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:23 am

True Golden Freeza Vs Black SSJ Rosé / Hit - Black/Hit
Moro Vs Rage Broly - Moro
Vegeta's Final Flash (EP 122) Vs Goku's Genkidama (EP 110) - Goku's Genkidama

Merus vs Ginyu (no Change) - Merus

Ultra Instinct Raditz vs Post-King Kai Training Goku - Raditz
Chiaotzu (Cell saga) vs Oozaru Vegeta (Saiyan saga) - Chiaotzu, probably
Semi-Perfect Cell vs Krillshinhan (Fusion of Krillin and Tenshinhan) - Cell
Mr. Satan vs John Cena - Satan
GT Pan vs base Goten (Buu saga) - Pan
Namek Saga Frieza (after training for 10 days) vs SSJ Goku (Namek saga) - Frieza

Super 13 VS Semi-Perfect Cell - Cell
Android 13, Android 14, Android 15 VS Piccolo (Kami Absorbed), Vegeta (Super Saiyan Grade 1,post RoSaT) - Piccolo and Vegeta
Metal Cooler (Peak) VS Goku (Super Saiyan Grade 4) - Goku
Broly (A-type Super Saiyan) VS Gokua (Full Power state), Bido, Bujin - Gokua, and the others
Broly (C-type Super Saiyan) VS Bojack (Final Form) - Bojack
Super Android 13, Imperfect Cell, Bojack (Base) VS Broly (B-type Legendary Super Saiyan, Maximum Power) - Broly
Mecha Freeza (Full Power), King Cold (2nd Form), Cooler (4th Form) VS Android 19, Android 20 - Freeza's family
Android 17, Android 18 VS Future Trunks (Super Saiyan Grade 3, no speed drawback) - Trunks
Goku (False Super Saiyan), Turtles (1 Fruit from the Tree of Might consumed), Lord Slug (Giant Namekian Form) VS Freeza (2nd Form) - Goku and the others
Hatchiyak (Base Form) VS Perfect Cell (Power Weighted Form) - Hatchiyak

Tsuburi runs a Z gauntlet!

He probably can beat Zverse, IMO.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Z SS3 Vegito (no drain from SS3 or time limit for the fusion) vs GT SS4 Goku

M8 SS4 Broly vs Z Super Vegito

GT Newborn Baby(the one defeated by Pan, Trunks and Goku) vs Saiyan arc Vegeta

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:03 pm Z SS3 Vegito (no drain from SS3 or time limit for the fusion) vs GT SS4 Goku

M8 SS4 Broly vs Z Super Vegito

GT Newborn Baby(the one defeated by Pan, Trunks and Goku) vs Saiyan arc Vegeta

Goku ssj4, vegetto (if anime version) and Pan wins that
Anyway pan would be more like a tie, vegeta can't harm her but at the same time pan can't harm him

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Manga Hit (Champa arc) vs manga Golden Freeza (ROF arc)

Manga Hit (ToP) vs manga Golden Freeza (ToP)
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.