The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:32 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:42 pm ToP Piccolo vs Giant Ribrianne
The anime has a warped projection of power metrics. Piccolo's Chobakuretsumaha couldn't sufficiently overwhelm base Goku yet #18 was capable of defeating an opponent that same Goku had trouble with in Tupper. For Piccolo to win he needs either the Mafuba or his Special Beam Cannon to drill through and destroy Ribrianne's avatar.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:00 pm

Golden Freeza vs. Cell Max

Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:55 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:42 pm ToP Piccolo vs Giant Ribrianne
Piccolo but it's not easy.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:00 pm Golden Freeza vs. Cell Max

Who wins?
Cell Max one shots Golden Freeza.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:08 pm

Cell Max vs..

Tagoma (Need to start off with a canon fodder)
Golden Freeza (RoF)
Hit
Goku Black (Base)
Zamasu (No immortality)
SSjR Goku Black
Fused Zamasu (No immortality)
Jiren
DBS LSSj Broli
Moro
Granolah
Gas (Unlock Potential)

How far does he go?
She/Her

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:41 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:08 pm Cell Max vs..

Tagoma (Need to start off with a canon fodder)
Golden Freeza (RoF)
Hit
Goku Black (Base)
Zamasu (No immortality)
SSjR Goku Black
Fused Zamasu (No immortality)
Jiren
DBS LSSj Broli
Moro
Granolah
Gas (Unlock Potential)

How far does he go?
Ok, so the first thing to note about Cell MAX is where he stands in the power pole, yeah? Supposedly the Gammas (and Ultimate Gohan) are all on the general range of power of Goku and Vegeta (in Blue, perhaps?). With this, it's easy to place him somewhere, because we know that he is considerably stronger than even Orange Piccolo, who can one-shot a Gamma.

In raw power, I would put Cell MAX pretty close to a God of Destruction in power, bizarrely enough.

However, he is mindless, so let's see.

1. He beats Tagoma easily.
2. Freeza finds himself unable to even dent Cell MAX despite his golden form, but he's not helpless either. He'll ultimately still reach his limits and die if he doesn't plan something.
3. Hit should be a great counter against Cell MAX, but he's done for if he gets hit. His TimeSkip should allow him to dance all around the monster, and if he can track and hit it's weak points, who knows?
4 & 5. Goku Black and Zamasu just lose badly.
6. Rosé Black has a much better chance. I imagine he can exploit Cell's mindless nature to gain time for a stratagem.
7. Fused Zamasu, at worst, should be compared to two SSB level characters, so he can last for a while before losing for his arrogance.
8. Jiren would ultimately wins, if he fights seriously from the start.
9. If Broly goes green, he probably beats Cell to the ground.
10. This Cell would be Moro's greatest meal ever, basically.
11 & 12. Well, I assume they both can defeat this Cell by themselves. Not much to say, strongest in the universe, yada-yada.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:44 pm

1st form Freeza [RoF arc] vs Good Boo. No magic or absorption.
Final form Freeza [RoF arc] vs Super Boo [Gohan absorbed]. No magic or absorption.
Base Vegetto [Zamasu arc] vs Base Kefla. No time limit or transformations.
SSB Vegetto [Zamasu arc] vs SSBE Vegeta [Top arc; EP 126].
SSB Gogeta [Broly] vs Beerus. No time limit or Hakai.
Orange Piccolo vs GoD Toppo.
Final Gohan vs UI Goku [Top arc].

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:28 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:44 pm 1st form Freeza [RoF arc] vs Good Boo. No magic or absorption.
Final form Freeza [RoF arc] vs Super Boo [Gohan absorbed]. No magic or absorption.

1. If this is Boo Arc Good Buu, I think Frieza wins. The only trouble would be overcoming his absorption, but the power gap is large and a supernova should do the trick. Frieza, 9/10

2. Final Form Frieza, i think. I have RoF arc vastly above Z in terms of power. One note though, is that Boo is very smart and could absorb frieza or something else. So Frieza, 8/10

3. This is a good match up. I tend to favor Vegito because of his skill, and the rival boost between Goku and Vegeta. But logically Kefla should have slightly more pure power. Vegito 7/10

4. Vegito, I think. I'm rusty on the ToP power scaling, but I rank fusion as much higher than most. Even if Vegeta is more powerful, Vegito is a much better fighter. Vegito 8/10, but I could be convinced otherwise

5. Damn, this is close. I have SSB Gogeta kinda way past the power scale (above ToP MUI, above Moro arc MUI, maybe even above Granolah arc characters), and we haven't seen either of their full powers. So I'd say it's 50/50.

6. Abstain from this one, i know about Final Gohan but not enough about Orange Piccolo till after i watch the movie.

7. As silly as it is, Final Gohan should probably stomp. The movie is post Granolah arc iirc, and the power scale has jumped hugely since the ToP. We have statements about Gohan being the strongest main character; which even if it's not true, being on the same tier as current UI or UE puts him miles above ToP arc MUI. So Gohan 10/10

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:56 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:44 pm 1st form Freeza [RoF arc] vs Good Boo. No magic or absorption.
1. I don’t think first form frieza was that strong. His best feat was taking out a out of shape gohan and piccolo. I don’t think any of them at mr buu’s level. Add in his healing abilities. He should win with some difficulty.

2. Frieza should eliminate him. I have final form frieza around Vegito level. And if buuhan can’t use his tricks. He loses.

3. I think base Vegito is comparable to ssjbs. Since I’m the manga while in base he harmed merged Zamasu who was SsjB tier. Base Kefla should be around Ssj GoD tier. He wins with some difficulty.

4. In power, I think they are close to one another but Vegito is a better fighter. Wins with high difficulty.

5. Since they keep hyping up Beerus. And I personally have UI and UE> Blue fusions. I don’t think fusion in blue would be strong enough to combat Beerus. The god tears him apart.

6. From what I have seen of the clips and heard of from sspoilers. I think they are more or less equals. I think it can go either way. Orange Piccolo wins more than loses the fight, cause he is a more creative fighter. 6/10 in piccolo’s favor.

7. Final gohan easily kills cell max. However the giant had to be put down with piccolo holding him down. And from what I saw or understand. Gohan became arrogant like whenever he gets a new power up. This could work in Goku’s favor. Since in the movie it’s stated that Jiren had reached god of destruction tier with skills and techniques more than just power alone. And if Goku can use his skills and experience to help him compete against gohan. He could score a win.But idk with gohan. I’ll give it to him 7/10-8/10 times. Unless Goku can exploit Gohan’s arrogance and beat him.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:02 pm

1st form Freeza [RoF arc] vs Good Boo. No magic or absorption: Freeza at this stage terrified everyone present with his strength in spite of it being in his weakest form and presumably suppressed at that. In the anime his Death Beam was tearing into SSJ Gohan who seemed to be completely at the tyrant's mercy. The three part manga adaptation contained the lines from Piccolo describing first form Freeza as being from another dimension, strength wise, or something to that effect.

If this is the untrained slothful Good Buu then he's probably not going to get very far here. While I don't believe first form Freeza is many leagues ahead of Buu here, there's likely a gap that exists that puts him at a disadvantage at best and has him utterly helpless at worst.

Final form Freeza [RoF arc] vs Super Boo [Gohan absorbed]. No magic or absorption: Discounting the line of the same base Goku who engaged this iteration of Freeza having gained a level of power that's ascended beyond SSJG, we aren't given much throughout the Super manga to help determine just how powerful the base Saiyans are which is what this rendition of Freeza is comparable to. We do see him weathering the volume of Rumsshi's battle cry which left Shin unconscious; this is a Goku from three arcs after the relevant point in time for Freeza, however.

I think this is very much left up to guesswork. We know Freeza's most suppressed form intimidated everyone who isn't Goku or Vegeta including Gohan and Piccolo. Assuming the power ratios remained the same from the Namek arc, first form Freeza is only 0.4% of his maximum possible strength not counting the recent gold form. If you consider that and use it as a reference point then Freeza may be able to beat Buuhan, particularly if he's able to use his 100% state and quickly dispatches the Majin.

Base Vegetto [Zamasu arc] vs Base Kefla. No time limit or transformations: The anime or the manga? Our only feat from base Vegetto in either format was in the manga when he unleashed an upward ki blast that obliterated part of Merged Zamasu's torso. Although he apparently still felt it necessary to use a transformation that amplifies his power probably by the millions or something. It's the reverse for Kefla whose outing in her normal state is in the anime when she was picking apart a drained SSJG Goku. I guess my verdict here would be for Vegetto; he should technically still have the Kaioken if worst to worst which could give him the leg up he needs.

SSB Vegetto [Zamasu arc] vs SSBE Vegeta [Top arc; EP 126]: Vegetto, I guess? SSJBE at that stage appeared to put Vegeta over Hakaishin Toppo. Vegetto has power that surpasses his component fusees even in his weakest state. I don't think the intermittent training between the Future Trunks and TOP arcs along with the transitional upgrade from SSJB to evolved is going to be enough to bridge this gap.

SSB Gogeta [Broly] vs Beerus. No time limit or Hakai: The fact Gogeta felt it necessary to use his blue state against Broly and not just red suggests to me that it was required or at least more efficient to rely on his strongest available form at the time, discounting SSJBE. Didn't Goku make some remark about Broly surpassing Beerus in strength? I don't know. I guess I'll side with Gogeta here.

Orange Piccolo vs GoD Toppo/Final Gohan vs UI Goku [Top arc]: Can't give an opinion here as I haven't watched the movie and I think the wiki has yet to update its page on them.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:22 am

Buu, like Krillin I believe that Buu would be helpful against this form
Freeza
Vegetto low-mid dif
Vegetto
Beerus
Orange Piccolo mid dif
Final Gohan is very likely stronger than UI Goku from ToP but the overconfidence should once again be an issue... still i give the victory to Gohan

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 pm

Piccolo (Pre-RoSaT; Cell arc) vs. Future Imperfect Cell
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:13 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 pm Piccolo (Pre-RoSaT; Cell arc) vs. Future Imperfect Cell
I would go with Imperfect Cell; he seemed to have a degree of awareness of how the cyborgs stood with respect to strength thanks to the spy bots yet appears to feel confident in his odds. When Trunks killed him it's not as though it were a matter of the Saiyan simply lobbing a basic ki projectile and it obliterating Cell. It looked to be a concentrated finisher type attack which left Trunks sweating afterwards.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:23 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 pm Piccolo (Pre-RoSaT; Cell arc) vs. Future Imperfect Cell
I actually have this Cell a little stronger than Piccolo (350 M vs 325 M). I say Piccolo still wins thanks to skill.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:20 am

Oof, great match-ups.

First form Frieza [RoF] vs. Mr. Buu. No magic or absorption: Unfortunately, there's really not much to go off of. The movie makes it clear that both Gohan and Piccolo were frightened of First Form Frieza's presence. The anime makes it a clear case that Super Saiyan Gohan is vastly outclassed by First Form Frieza when he effortlessly tortured him with death beams. As a bare minimum, he should be stronger than Super Saiyan Gohan by a considerable margin. With that being the only information to go by, Mr. Buu is likely stronger on top of having infinite stamina and regeneration to boot.

Final Form Frieza [RoF] vs. Buuhan. No magic or absorption: In the anime, this is a clear victory in Frieza's favor. In the case of the manga, it's completely different. Even when accounting for the movie's version of Resurrection of F, Base Goku and Frieza being as powerful as they were is clearly not the case in the manga given that one of the major changes made was the removal of Goku's god-powered Base. Beyond being stronger than Super Saiyan Gohan and then being in an entirely different dimension in his Final Form, we don't have enough information to go by. Everyone is floored by his ascension to his Final Form but that doesn't tell us how Frieza compares to past villains. I would say either can win.

Base Vegetto [Zamasu arc] vs Base Kefla. No time limit or transformations: In terms of the anime, I would argue that Base Kefla would win. Super Saiyan Kefla was explicitly compared to the Genkidama combo that crashed onto Goku. The combination didn't just include the Genkidama's energy but the energies of Jiren and KKx20 Blue Goku that caused the Genkidama to expand and burst. I don't think Super Vegetto could reach that level of power so Base Kefla should naturally be stronger.

SSB Vegetto [Zamasu arc] vs SSBE Vegeta [Top arc; EP 126]: SSJBE Vegeta should absolutely be stronger. Jiren [Ep 122] was claimed to be the strongest power ever encountered which includes Vegetto Blue. Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta forced to Jiren to power up even further by using a power that Belmod hadn't seen Jiren use in a long time. Vegeta grew 20x stronger using Blue Evolved on top of the pride boost he received from fighting God Toppo.

SSB Gogeta [Broly] vs Beerus. No time limit or Hakai: Beerus is well established to be stronger than Gogeta Blue based on his superiority over UI Goku and UE Vegeta as well as Granolah and Gas. The anime is a more difficult case since all we have to go by is Broly being stronger than Beerus which by extension, means Gogeta Blue is decisively above Beerus. I have no doubt Beerus would be stronger than Gogeta Blue in the anime continuity had it continued any further. For now, Beerus would lose in the anime but Beerus would easily decimate him in the manga.

Orange Piccolo vs GoD Toppo: No idea. Can't comment on it since I haven't seen the movie.

Final Gohan vs UI Goku [Top arc]: Unsure. Based on what I'm hearing, Final Gohan is likely stronger than Jiren but I would have to watch the movie to have a proper judgement here.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:58 am

Yeah Kuririn thinks they will be fine knowing they have Buu after seeing Gohan look shitty. It's only after seeing Buu doesn't turn up things start to look especially when Gohan reveals he can't beat this Freeza even in SS1.

Ultimate Gohan >> Buu > First From Freeza > SS1 Gohan

The only interesting thing to Note is that Kuririn think Gohan might be able to beat him but Gohan is sure he can't so this presumably implies Gohans at his useable limit and Kuririn was assuming he was going to be able to power up even more, perhaps to SS2 or Ult.

What's interesting is where he and Buu would lie in relation to Freezas other forms.

If he's at the same freshly transformed he was in the manga, buuhan, otherwise Freeza at 100%.
But under the unseen hypothetical post retcon of absorbed god in base IDK.

It depends if Goku goes ss1 or god or if Freeza is scaled down in his lower forms.

Veggetto, his Fusees are stronger in base.

Vegetto. E isn't THAT much more than Blue, Fusion is huge.

Hmm I think you might need UI or UE possibly in a fusion for Beerus, can beat other GODS tho at this point imo.

Piccolo

Gohan.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:48 pm

Probably Boo since Kuririn thinks he’d help a lot, but I can see this going to Freeza when the stronger SSJ Gotenks couldn’t even beat Tagoma.

Freeza one shots. I doubt Gohan-Boo is over 200x Good Boo. Plus considering Freeza and Base Goku might be stronger than SSJG here the gap could be even bigger.

I’m going with Kefla. She was close to Vegetto’s level already without any God forms.

Vegeta should take this. Jiren had the strongest Ki he’d ever felt in ep 122, and SSJB Goku was making him show even more power. Throw in SSJBE and Vegeta’s boost and Vegetto is no trouble at all.

Gogeta should win fairy easily given how he handled Broly.

My money’s on Toppo. Orange Piccolo could be just as strong as Goku’s lower levels of Kaio-Ken.

I’ll say Goku. Gohn might be stronger than him, but so was Kefla and look how she turned out. Sure, Gohan is smarter than Kefla, but UI’s fighting style is too OP.
I think Future Cell is weaker than Present Cell to the same degree the Future Androids are below the Present ones. Meaning Cell should still win, but Piccolo’s Light Grenade might bruise him this time.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:50 pm

Giant Orange Piccolo vs Anilaza
Ultimate Piccolo vs Hit (U6 arc)
Ultimate Piccolo vs SSJR Trunks
Ganma 1 & 2 vs Dyspo and Base Toppo
Kid Pan (no flying) vs Tao Pai Pai

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:17 pm

GatoF wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:50 pm Giant Orange Piccolo vs Anilaza
Ultimate Piccolo vs Hit (U6 arc)
Ultimate Piccolo vs SSJR Trunks
Ganma 1 & 2 vs Dyspo and Base Toppo
Kid Pan (no flying) vs Tao Pai Pai
Piccolo with ease.
Piccolo one shots him just like he did Gamma 2.
Same as above.
Toppo should be able to beat a Gamma while Dyspo keeps the other one busy with his speed. The team then beats the other Gamma.
Pan one shots him.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:42 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:48 pm
Probably Boo since Kuririn thinks he’d help a lot, but I can see this going to Freeza when the stronger SSJ Gotenks couldn’t even beat Tagoma.

Freeza one shots. I doubt Gohan-Boo is over 200x Good Boo. Plus considering Freeza and Base Goku might be stronger than SSJG here the gap could be even bigger.

I’m going with Kefla. She was close to Vegetto’s level already without any God forms.

Vegeta should take this. Jiren had the strongest Ki he’d ever felt in ep 122, and SSJB Goku was making him show even more power. Throw in SSJBE and Vegeta’s boost and Vegetto is no trouble at all.

Gogeta should win fairy easily given how he handled Broly.

My money’s on Toppo. Orange Piccolo could be just as strong as Goku’s lower levels of Kaio-Ken.

I’ll say Goku. Gohn might be stronger than him, but so was Kefla and look how she turned out. Sure, Gohan is smarter than Kefla, but UI’s fighting style is too OP.
I think Future Cell is weaker than Present Cell to the same degree the Future Androids are below the Present ones. Meaning Cell should still win, but Piccolo’s Light Grenade might bruise him this time.
As far as UI vs Gohan; I agree that UI is OP and gives Goku as HUGE fighting style advantage. But shouldn't the power gap between the two be insane? MUI in the Moro arc was magnitudes stronger than ToP MUI. And then the Granolah arc MUI should be quite a lot higher than Moro Arc MUI. And we have statements that Gohan may be even stronger than current Goku and Vegeta. I think that even fighting style difference wouldn't be big enough to close the power gap. I feel like one strong kamehameha or masenko would take Goku down, and since power correlates with speed, I think Final Gohan would keep up with his reflexes. Though that's just my opinion, its hard to say until new more material comes out :P

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 am

Orange Piccolo vs. Golden Freeza (ROF)

Who wins?
She/Her