The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:47 pm

Saiyan007 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm Manga Base TOP Goku vs Super Perfect Cell

SSJ2 Manga Trunks vs Kid buu

Moro 73 Vs Jiren and Broly

Buu saga piccolo vs Cell Games Goku

Manga Zamasu vs Majin Vegeta

SSJ Goku & Gohan Cell Games vs Perfect Cell
1) Goku. RoF still happened in the story so base Goku still battled FF Freeza. At the absolute bare minimum FF Freeza is around Good Boo's level.
2) Trunks one shots.
3) Moro is stronger than both of them but not by that much. The team would win.
4) Piccolo still loses sadly.
5) Zamasu finger flicks.
6) Cell goes FP and one shots them both in a second.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Saiyan007 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm Manga Base TOP Goku vs Super Perfect Cell

Manga Base TOP Goku vs Super Perfect Cell: The implication of Goku's better tolerance for Rumsshi's Battle Roar relative to Shin's implies that he may be stronger than the Kaioshin. It's possible he's stronger or at least equal with Perfect Cell as it is. If you include the Kaioken into the discussion then Goku's chances seem to be good for winning this fight.

SSJ2 Manga Trunks vs Kid buu: Future Trunks, without a doubt. The SSJ2 form he had was powerful enough to startle Goku and prompt him into resorting to his red form. The latter's regular Super Saiyan form was arguably enough to challenge Kid Buu during the BOG arc if certain visual cues and set up are an indication. Trunks at this stage should be much stronger than Kid Buu. It's possible he could take on Super Buu.

Moro 73 Vs Jiren and Broly : Moro 73 was stronger than Ultra Instinct Sign Goku yet inferior to the mastered state. Could we draw a conclusion on this placing Moro above the prior two climactic opponents? Not sure. If nothing else his magical abilities will probably allow him to absorb the ki of his enemies and eventually overcome them that way.

Buu saga piccolo vs Cell Games Goku : Probably Piccolo as he's weaker than Shin and the Kaioshin seems to be weaker than all of the Super Saiyans, including the out of practice Gohan. I don't believe Piccolo became a potential challenge for the MSSJs until the BOG era.

Manga Zamasu vs Majin Vegeta: Future Zamasu was weaker in the manga than his anime counterpart but it's not like he was completely incapable. His magical talents made him a threat to Goku and it was something that the Saiyan needed to be on the look out for. What does that suggest? Majin Vegeta won't have any chance here.

SSJ Goku & Gohan Cell Games vs Perfect Cell : You could make this Gohan from the Cell Games coupled with SSJ Goku from the Buu arc and I don't think they're team up would be enough. Now Buu arc SSJ Goku, Majin Vegeta, and Kid Gohan? They may be able to win this. I don't consider Cell to be all too far ahead of the Buu arc Super Saiyans barring the half Saiyans. They may be able to win though it would be a difficult fight.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:30 am

Manga Base ToP Goku vs. Super Perfect Cell: I think if we acknowledge the story implications made in Resurrection F, then Base Goku should be stronger than Super Perfect Cell as he is shown to be on par with FF Frieza who is undeniably stronger than Good Buu.

SSJ2 Manga Trunks vs. Kid Buu: Trunks by a landslide. Goku is established to be stronger than Gotenks and Gohan during the Battle of Gods. If we take into the narrative implications being made, SSJ Goku is confident in battling Kid Buu and confronting Beerus in battle who he believes is stronger than Kid Buu. He grew significantly stronger during Resurrection F to the point where his Base form can confront a villain stronger than Good Buu and SSJ2 Manga Trunks is on par with SSJ3 Goku. Trunks would absolutely annihilate Kid Buu.

Moro-73 vs. Jiren & Broly: Moro-73 should be stronger than both of them individually if Whis' assessment of both Goku and Vegeta is anything to go by. He confirmed that there was no one in the universe that was stronger than Goku and Vegeta, the latter of which had a notable power disadvantage against Moro-73. Jiren is much weaker than Broly so he would be the weak link of the team and Moro has a variety of tools in his arsenal. His usage of illusions can help in separating Broly and Jiren apart. Broly would more than likely charge in initially and get duped by the illusion. Moro can also absorb their energy and unless they have UI Omen Goku's speed that he displayed against Moro, there's no way they can avoid it. Moro-73 can divert their attention away from them, keep them separated, and suck them dry. All of that, when combined with a decent power advantage at least over the duo, should give him the win here.

Buu Saga Piccolo vs. Cell Games SSJ Goku: Piccolo was blatantly shocked by SSJ Trunks' and SSJ Goten's powers on Kami's Lookout which indicates a significant gap between Piccolo and the Super Saiyan kids. The Super Saiyan kids should roughly be on the level that MSSJ Goku was at and possibly even weaker as well. Therefore, MSSJ Goku would also be much stronger than Piccolo by default.

Manga Present Zamasu vs. Majin Vegeta: Present Zamasu hadn't displayed anything that really places him far beyond the level of the Kaioshins. He views Buu as a benchmark of strength that is likely unobtainable based on how he idolized Goku's body. In contrast, Future Zamasu had abilities that forced Goku to remain cautious and use Super Saiyan God to avoid. Therefore, Future Zamasu should win but I feel Present Zamasu would definitely lose.

SSJ Goku & SSJ Gohan vs. Perfect Cell: Absolutely not. Gohan's rage was the only way for Goku & co. to actually succeed in battling Perfect Cell or else Goku wouldn't have taken the gamble in the first place. Perfect Cell was also revealed to be much stronger than Goku had ever imagined. Full Power Perfect Cell >> Expected Perfect Cell >> SSJ Goku & co. is most certainly the case. Therefore, Cell wins decisively.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:35 pm

Kid Granola vs Kid Raditz
(I guess they should be about the same age)

Adult Raditz vs Adult Granola (Saiyan arc)
(Back then, Granny wasn't as strong as he was before this arc, and he wasn't that remarkable either, like Raditz)

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:54 pm

Ultimate Gohan(Beerus Arc) vs "Ultimate" Gohan(Zen Exhibition Match)
Both version lack the bang, but are stated to be Ultimate, however that obviously isn't synonymous with having access to his full dormant potential.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 am

Gohan's power was explicitly stated to be much lower than it was in the Buu Saga so I would assume Ultimate Gohan prior to Resurrection F would be much stronger.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:34 pm

SSB Goku (Buu saga) vs Syn Shenron

SSB Vegeta (Early Black arc) vs Base Gogeta (U6 arc)

SSJ Rage Trunks (End of Black arc) vs Hit (ToP anime)

And if Piccolo had his Orange form at the Start of Z, who is the strongest character that he could beat?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:59 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:34 pm SSB Goku (Buu saga) vs Syn Shenron

And if Piccolo had his Orange form at the Start of Z, who is the strongest character that he could beat?
1) SS4 and SSG provide similar boosts, but with a much weaker base form in Z, GT SS4 and Z SSB probably are on equal grounds. I think Ih Shenron takes this one, Goku in Z was weaker than Freeza in base, while in GT he was over hundreds of times stronger. I don't think a new form closes the gap between Goku's base forms.

2) Vegeta might have some type of edge, fusion tends to be a little bit stronger than their fusees, so I think the gap might be closed by the next arc. Gogeta with KK would win, without it, I think Vegeta wins after a tough fight.

3) Hit wins, his techniques are too much for Trunks, who isn't exactly the smartest fighter. Time hax, Time Cage, Trunks is not breaking those techniques.
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:54 pm Ultimate Gohan(Beerus Arc) vs "Ultimate" Gohan(Zen Exhibition Match)
Both version lack the bang, but are stated to be Ultimate, however that obviously isn't synonymous with having access to his full dormant potential.
Assuming Gohan's decline started before BoG and not between BoG and RoF, and considering how much weaker he was in RoF, it makes the most sense, I'd say EM Ultimate Gohan should win this.

He had been training with Piccolo on the side and off screen, and while his Ultimate form was locked for him, if he would've unleashed it back then, he would've been probably as strong as his Buu arc self, as mentioned in the anime when he got his groove back.

BoG Gohan was also surpassed by an enraged SS2 Vegeta, and I've read people say that it was stated Goku was the strongest of the bunch by then, which matches what is seen later in RoF: a weakass post-Buu arc Gohan.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:07 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:54 pm Ultimate Gohan(Beerus Arc) vs "Ultimate" Gohan(Zen Exhibition Match)
Gohan wasn't Ultimate until episode 88. So Gohan in the BoG arc wins easily.

1) Goku.
2) I don't think a Goku and Vegeta fusion got to SSB level in base until they unlocked UI and SSBE respectively. Vegeta finger flicks.
3) Trunks only hope is the Genki Sword. He loses badly otherwise.
4) Piccolo solos Z with the exception of Vegetto.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:35 pm Kid Granola vs Kid Raditz

(Back then, Granny wasn't as strong as he was before this arc, and he wasn't that remarkable either, like Raditz)
Kid Granola vs Kid Raditz (I guess they should be about the same age): Do we have any way to determine this? I don't know. Granolah fainted at the sight of Oozaru Bardock whereas Raditz was assigned to the same group as Nappa and Vegeta. We see Monaito incapacitate Granolah with just a kiai. I might side with Raditz given the circumstances of the fight.

Adult Raditz vs Adult Granola (Saiyan arc) (Back then, Granny wasn't as strong as he was before this arc, and he wasn't that remarkable either, like Raditz): Probably Granolah as Raditz's strength was comparable with a Saibaman's. We don't know the power Granolah had at this time but it was probably in the tens of thousands minimum if not higher considering Toyotaro's statement in an interview about pre wish Granolah being comparable with Ginyu and suppressed Namek arc Freeza.

SSB Goku (Buu saga) vs Syn Shenron : Without a doubt this fight will result in Goku's victory. Super Saiyan Blue's amplification is implied to be in the realm of the thousands when going by red's superiority to the maximum output of Vegetto, presumably in a hypothetical SSJ3 state. It isn't like Syn Shenron was all that exceptional compared with SSJ4 Goku.

SSB Vegeta (Early Black arc) vs Base Gogeta (U6 arc): Vegeta may or may not have improved considerably between arcs. I can't remember. Regardless since you didn't stipulate that Gogeta lacked access to the Kaioken he should be able to win this fight without too much difficulty. Vegeta may be stronger but I don't think it's to the point that he's leagues ahead of a fusion of his prior self.

SSJ Rage Trunks (End of Black arc) vs Hit (ToP anime): Interesting match up. During the time of Hit's assignment to kill Goku we see how Goku has progressed to the point that he can sufficiently oppose the assassin with just his blue state. Now how does this blue form compare with SSJ Ikari Trunks? We don't have a way to tell as there isn't much for mutual power precedent between the sagas. Anime Hit is presumably the same in power during the TOP as he was during his contract to kill Goku. What may decisively give this match to Hit are his techniques. From a technical standpoint Hit is very impressive, particularly in the anime. I can't see Trunks being able to anticipate the Time Skip or killing techniques like Goku did after observation and first hand experience.

And if Piccolo had his Orange form at the Start of Z, who is the strongest character that he could beat?: Not sure. Maybe Freeza or the cyborgs/androids at a minimum? It's largely guesswork. I wouldn't go much higher than Cell, however.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:57 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:35 pm Kid Granola vs Kid Raditz

Raditz. AT says Raditz was a Elite Saiyan nowadays, but since Raditz’s piss weak his infancy must have been the only moment he was remarkably strong. Granny, if this is from the time his mom died, is just some kid.

I’ll give it to Granny this time. We don’t know what his power progression was like, but I’ll assume he’s like a normal person and had the bulk of his development in his teens. He should still be way weaker than his pre wish self, but I think he’s closer to that than he is to Raditz’s level. He’d probably take on Nappa easily too.
I’m pretty sure it’s blatantly stated Gohan was not Ultimate in the Exhibiton Match, but I’ll give to this Gohan anyways.

Goku one shots. GT can’t compete with Super.

Could go either way. Vegeta isn’t much different from his U6 self but I’m not sure if Base Gogeta is around or far above his SSJB fusers. I’m giving it to Gogeta.

Hit one shots with his techniques, without it it’s a close fight but I think he still wins. I think Trunks ended his saga as the strongest Saiyan, Hit equaled Goku in their rematch and then got stronger to a unknown degree for the ToP.

I’m not sure how strong Orange Piccolo is exactly, but for simplicity’s sake I’ll say it’s comparable to SSJB: 200,000x base. That places Piccolo above 50% Freeza, but I’d say King Cold still smashes him.
Goku9001 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 am Gohan's power was explicitly stated to be much lower than it was in the Buu Saga so I would assume Ultimate Gohan prior to Resurrection F would be much stronger.
This is the Gohan who fought Lavender. He’s definitely much better than Boo Saga Gohan, more like Gotenks level at least.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:57 pm

Goku glares at him gap us far too massive even SSJG Goku gets the job done

doubt gogeta's base is blue level yet

If trunks has his spirit sword that made him as strong as Vegito blue hit stands no chance

according to the movies the gammas are supposed to be around Goku and vegeta's level and orange piccolo tanked gamma 1s attacks he absolutely clears Z

AtlasFlame18

Post by AtlasFlame18 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:55 pm

1. I'd have to go with Syn Shenron just because I don't think Goku from the Buu arc is strong enough for the boosts of SSB to push him that far. Unless the Kaioken is involved.

2. I'd say Vegeta takes it but it will be a stamina battle as it entirely depends who uses up too much power first.

3. Hit demolishes Trunks. Trunks has no knowledge nor the experience to counter Hit's techniques.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:55 am

Ganma 3 (hypothetical fusion of the androids) vs LSSJ Broly

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:57 pm

GatoF wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:55 am Ganma 3 (hypothetical fusion of the androids) vs LSSJ Broly
Which version? Z Broly or DBS Broly? If it's Z, Gamma 3 stomps. But if it's DBS, I'm not so sure.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:29 pm

GatoF wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:55 am Ganma 3 (hypothetical fusion of the androids) vs LSSJ Broly
They were said to be on Goku's level, so their fusion should be like a SSB fusion I guess. And they should trash Broly (from the previous movie) just like Gogeta did, maybe even more so considering the Gammas have that stamina thing on their favour.
MrGohanks wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:34 pm
Now that I've seen it, he'd be much stronger than a SoZ SSB.
He was at 400PL, with Ultimate he'd be 10-20M at the very least, maybe 80M tops, and as Orange, how knows? Somebody tanking a SSB like he did, should be like 50x stronger or more. Not even SS Broly was just standing there when SSB Goku and Vegeta were landing blows, IIRC he did budge a little, while Big Orange did not.
Well, I think he might be able to stand up to Perfect Cell, not sure if he could win but Cell ain't having a picnic and would need to use his FP. Probably SS2 Gohan is too much for him. It depends on where you have Cell, but Big O should be among the strongest of that arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Gas vs. The Pride Troopers

He fights all them at once. Can they win?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:33 pm

Base Vegito (Granolah arc) vs SSB Kaioken x20 Goku (ToP arc)

SSG Goku (Buu Saga) vs Great Ape Baby

Beast Gohan (Cell Games) vs Golden Freeza (ToP arc)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:59 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:04 pm Gas vs. The Pride Troopers

He fights all them at once. Can they win?
Gas was sandbagging two guy, that were greatly above the strongest Pride Troopers. Gas puts Jiren down with more ease than he took out Granola, and the rest of them are a piece of cake.
MrGohanks wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:33 pm Base Vegito (Granolah arc) vs SSB Kaioken x20 Goku (ToP arc)

1) Vegito should be in base as strong as current SSBE Vegeta, at the very least, if he isn't as strong as UI or UE. And SSBE Vegeta was already above KKx20 at the ToP, by now SSBE Vegeta is above Broly, so Vegito destroys Goku.

2) SS4 and SSG provide similar boosts, and Goku still struggled to beat Baby even though he had a much stronger base form than in the Buu arc. I don't think Goku stands a chance.

3) Hard to say, who knows how strong Beast Gohan actually is. I think he can do it, though.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:17 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:33 pm Base Vegito (Granolah arc) vs SSB Kaioken x20 Goku (ToP arc)

Base Vegito (Granolah arc) vs SSB Kaioken x20 Goku (ToP arc): Since you stipulated how Goku has access to Kaioken but not Vegetto I'm lead to believe that he doesn't possess it. Well Vegetto would be stronger than SSJB Goku even if they were both from the same arc. I could see it taking a Kaioken x2 or 3 for blue Goku to adequately put him ahead of the fusion. Here it's a hypothetical Vegetto from three arcs into the future. I can't see Goku winning this match.

SSG Goku (Buu Saga) vs Great Ape Baby: The red Super Saiyan form is implied to yield a humongous boost in strength. Great Ape Baby was only the superior of SSJ4 Goku from GT. I believe Goku would win this battle. The standards of Super appear to be much larger and more inflationary than even GT's.

Beast Gohan (Cell Games) vs Golden Freeza (ToP arc): I suppose Beast Gohan? If the amplifier is akin to Mastered Ultra Instinct then this Gohan may be able to bridge the gap. The only thing he really needs to worry about is the potentiality of Freeza resorting to environmental devastation and leaving Gohan devoid of an atmosphere to survive in.