The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote: Going to have to disagree with you there.
It's fact.

Rage mode Broly was ~ SSB Goku and SS Broly is 5 times stronger than his Rage mode since that mode uses the power of Oozaru (10 times base).
Was talking about Super Saiyan Broly.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Ssj Broly would get his ass kicked by Hakaishin Toppo. The latter effortlessly destroyed Golden Freeza, whereas Broly indeed beat him for an hour, but Freeza was nowhere as beaten as in the first occasion.
This is a false analogy, because Golden Freeza in the Broly film>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ToP Golden Freeza (it was stated in the preview guides for the film that Freeza got much stronger after the ToP).

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote: Going to have to disagree with you there.
It's fact.

Rage mode Broly was ~ SSB Goku and SS Broly is 5 times stronger than his Rage mode since that mode uses the power of Oozaru (10 times base).
As did I.

It's simple math really.

SS Broly (50 times base) > SSB Goku ~ Rage mode Broly (10 times base) >> Broly.

That's what the movie represents. Anime Kaioken x10 Blue Goku would one shot SS Broly.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:09 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: It's fact.

As did I.

It's simple math really.

That's what the movie represents. Anime Kaioken x10 Blue Goku would one shot SS Broly.
I doubt that. Sounds like your trying to create a data model. Remember how well that worked for Dr. Gero? Not well at all. But your welcome to believe that. I just don't agree with it is all.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
As did I.

It's simple math really.

I doubt that. Sounds like your trying to create a data model. Remember how well that worked for Dr. Gero? Not well at all. But your welcome to believe that. I just don't agree with it is all.
Rage mode is confirmed as a 10 times increase in the film and Super Saiyan is always been 50. I'm not making anything up, those are facts.

Stay in denial I guess.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:05 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: As did I.

It's simple math really.

Rage mode is confirmed as a 10 times increase in the film and Super Saiyan is always been 50. I'm not making anything up, those are facts.

Stay in denial I guess.
I'm not in denial. I'm just not convinced that Kaioken x10 SSB Goku would one shot SS Broly. As far as I know we don't know Broly's base power level. So how do we know its not high enough to make it so that SS Broly is stronger than SSB x10 Kaioken Goku? And come to think of it. If Kaioken x10 Super Saiyan Blue would one shot Broly, why didn't Goku think to use it instead of working together with Vegeta? If it had surely Goku would have used it against Broly.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

Stay in denial I guess.
I'm not in denial. I'm just not convinced that Kaioken x10 SSB Goku would one shot SS Broly. As far as I know we don't know Broly's base power level. So how do we know its not high enough to make it so that SS Broly is stronger than SSB x10 Kaioken Goku? And come to think of it. If Kaioken x10 Super Saiyan Blue would one shot Broly, why didn't Goku think to use it instead of working together with Vegeta? If it had surely Goku would have used it against Broly.
All we know is base Broly had a level of power similar to that of SSJ Vegeta. But that does not make much difference because Rage Broly is weaker than SSB, and by turning into SSJ he will multiply the power of his base form rather than his Rage / Ikari form (so he would not be able to be 20x any more powerful than the Blue).

Blue Kaioken and SSBE were probably completely ignored for this movie because they were not part of Toriyama's continuity, so we do not see Goku and Vegeta using these transformations, even when they are at a disadvantage.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:11 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: Rage mode is confirmed as a 10 times increase in the film and Super Saiyan is always been 50. I'm not making anything up, those are facts.

Stay in denial I guess.
All we know is base Broly had a level of power similar to that of SSJ Vegeta. But that does not make much difference because Rage Broly is weaker than SSB, and by turning into SSJ he will multiply the power of his base form rather than his Rage / Ikari form (so he would not be able to be 20x any more powerful than the Blue).

Blue Kaioken and SSBE were probably completely ignored for this movie because they were not part of Toriyama's continuity, so we do not see Goku and Vegeta using these transformations, even when they are at a disadvantage.
I never said he would be 20x as powerful as the Super Saiyan Blue. All I said was Broly's Super Saiyan form could be stronger than Kaioken x10 Super Saiyan Blue, that's all. Sheesh...………….

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Hulk10 wrote: I never said he would be 20x as powerful as the Super Saiyan Blue. All I said was Broly's Super Saiyan form could be stronger than Kaioken x10 Super Saiyan Blue, that's all. Sheesh...………….
Goku [Blue]: 100

Broly: 9
-- Rage mode: 90
-- Super Saiyan: 450

It's that simple since we know both multipliers for the forms he uses in the movie, there's no "could" here. He can't be more than 5 times stronger than Goku Blue as a Super Saiyan.

You are just being obtuse.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote: I never said he would be 20x as powerful as the Super Saiyan Blue. All I said was Broly's Super Saiyan form could be stronger than Kaioken x10 Super Saiyan Blue, that's all. Sheesh...………….
Goku [Blue]: 100

Broly: 9
-- Rage mode: 90
-- Super Saiyan: 450

It's that simple since we know both multipliers for the forms he uses in the movie, there's no "could" here. He can't be more than 5 times stronger than Goku Blue as a Super Saiyan.

You are just being obtuse.
I am not being obtuse. We do know the multipliers yes, but we don't know the exact level of Broly's power. Therefore there is a "Could". At least with his Legendary Super Saiyan form, maybe not his baseline one.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:15 am

Hulk10 wrote: I am not being obtuse. We do know the multipliers yes, but we don't know the exact level of Broly's power. Therefore there is a "Could". At least with his Legendary Super Saiyan form, maybe not his baseline one.
For fucks sake.

I'm talking only of his SUPER SAIYAN FORM not Legendary.

Yellow Super Saiyan Broly can't be more than 5 times stronger than Blue Goku in the movie, that's fact.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 am

ZombieVito wrote:
Hulk10 wrote: I am not being obtuse. We do know the multipliers yes, but we don't know the exact level of Broly's power. Therefore there is a "Could". At least with his Legendary Super Saiyan form, maybe not his baseline one.
For fucks sake.

I'm talking only of his SUPER SAIYAN FORM not Legendary.

Yellow Super Saiyan Broly can't be more than 5 times stronger than Blue Goku in the movie, that's fact.
Ok then you win.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:48 am

1) Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Frieza Saga) vs. Fifth Form Frieza (Frieza Saga).

2) Super Saiyan 2 King Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku) vs. First Form Frieza (DBZ: B - TFOG TV Special).

3) Super Saiyan 2 Son Pan (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Bojack (Full Power Hera-Seijin) (Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound) and Barry Kahn (Watagashi-Infected) (Third Stage).

4) Super Saiyan 2 Bulla Brief (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Nappa (Saiyan Saga) and Captain Ginyu (Captain Ginyu Saga of the Emperor of the Universe Arc of Dragon Ball Z).

5) Super Saiyan 2 King Gogeta (Fusion Dance Between Son Goku And King Vegeta) (Son Goku From The Frieza Saga And King Vegeta From The Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father Of Goku TV Special) vs. Sixth Form Frieza (Frieza Saga).

6) Super Saiyan 2 King Vegito (Potara Earring Fusion Between Son Goku And King Vegeta) (Son Goku From The Frieza Saga And King Vegeta From The DBZ: Bardock - The Father Of Goku TV Special) vs. Golden Frieza (Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father Of Goku TV Special).

7) Super Saiyan 2 Brapan (Metamo-Ring Fusion Between Son Pan And Bulla Brief) (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Majin Bojack (Full Power Hera-Seijin) (DBZ: Bojack Unbound) and Majin Barry Kahn (Watagashi-Infected) (Final Form).

8) Super Saiyan 2 Bran (Potara Earring Fusion Between Son Pan And Bulla Brief) (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Baby Nappa (Strongest Form 1) (Saiyan Saga) and Captain Ginyu (Sixth Form King Cold’s Body) (Captain Ginyu Arc).

9) Super Saiyan 2 Gogeta: BR (Dragon Ball Super: Broly) vs. Super Saiyan 2 Kanba (Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Prison Planet Saga) (Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission Arcade Self).

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:56 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Frieza Saga) vs. Fifth Form Frieza (Frieza Saga).

2) Super Saiyan 2 King Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku) vs. First Form Frieza (DBZ: B - TFOG TV Special).

3) Super Saiyan 2 Son Pan (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Bojack (Full Power Hera-Seijin) (Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound) and Barry Kahn (Watagashi-Infected) (Third Stage).

4) Super Saiyan 2 Bulla Brief (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Nappa (Saiyan Saga) and Captain Ginyu (Captain Ginyu Saga of the Emperor of the Universe Arc of Dragon Ball Z).

5) Super Saiyan 2 King Gogeta (Fusion Dance Between Son Goku And King Vegeta) (Son Goku From The Frieza Saga And King Vegeta From The Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father Of Goku TV Special) vs. Sixth Form Frieza (Frieza Saga).

6) Super Saiyan 2 King Vegito (Potara Earring Fusion Between Son Goku And King Vegeta) (Son Goku From The Frieza Saga And King Vegeta From The DBZ: Bardock - The Father Of Goku TV Special) vs. Golden Frieza (Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father Of Goku TV Special).

7) Super Saiyan 2 Brapan (Metamo-Ring Fusion Between Son Pan And Bulla Brief) (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Majin Bojack (Full Power Hera-Seijin) (DBZ: Bojack Unbound) and Majin Barry Kahn (Watagashi-Infected) (Final Form).

8) Super Saiyan 2 Bran (Potara Earring Fusion Between Son Pan And Bulla Brief) (28th World Martial Arts Tournament) vs. Baby Nappa (Strongest Form 1) (Saiyan Saga) and Captain Ginyu (Sixth Form King Cold’s Body) (Captain Ginyu Arc).

9) Super Saiyan 2 Gogeta: BR (Dragon Ball Super: Broly) vs. Super Saiyan 2 Kanba (Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Prison Planet Saga) (Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission Arcade Self).

R1: freezer IMO

R2 : freezer not by much

R3 : mhhh I can we bojack win

R4 : nappa stomps, bulla is not a fighter

R5 : freezer

R6: still freezer

R7 : there i can see the fusion win

R8 : mhh still the fusion

R9 : kamba stomps in base

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:26 pm

p-hyvo wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku (Frieza Saga) vs. Fifth Form Frieza (Frieza Saga).

10) Super Saiyan Blue: 12X Kaioken Son Goku (Universe 6 Saga) vs. Never-Miss Hit (Base Form) (Against SSJB Vegeta).

11) Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super: Broly) vs. Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black (FT Saga) (Physical Prime).

12) Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) (Before Being Hit By The Fusion Spirit Bomb) vs. Young Paragus: BR (Dragon Ball Super: Broly).

13) Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) (After Being Hit By The Fusion Spirit Bomb) vs. Kid Broly: BR (Base) (Dragon Ball Super: Broly).

14) False Super Saiyan Son Gohan (Cell Games Saga) (After Defeating SPC) vs. Akira Toriyama (Infected By The Black Water Mist) and Toyotarō (Infected By The Black Water Mist).

15) False Super Saiyan Son Gohan (Majin Buu Saga) (After Being Defeated By Innocent Buu) vs. Toyotarō (Infected By The Black Water Mist) and Salagir (Infected By Black Water Mist).

16) Eastern Supreme Kai (When Kid Buu Attacked The Kaioshins) vs. Present Zamasu (While Being Hakai’d By Beerus).

17) Eastern Supreme Kai (Majin Buu Saga) vs. Goku Black (After Being Beaten Up By Chou Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku).

18) The Reader (Potential Unlocked By Mr. Grand Elder Guru, Potential Unleashed By Mr. Elder Kaioshin, Or Rather An Equipped Time Breaker Mask Borrowed From Bardock) vs. Full Power Super Saiyan Majin Vegeta (Anime Adaptation).

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Next Battle
Caulifla SSJ VS Zangya
Pikkon VS Katopesla

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:04 pm

Tai Lung wrote:Next Battle
Caulifla SSJ VS Zangya
Pikkon VS Katopesla
Base Caulifla one-shots
Katopesla one-shots

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:47 pm

zarmack wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:Next Battle
Caulifla SSJ VS Zangya
Pikkon VS Katopesla
Base Caulifla one-shots
Katopesla one-shots
This. Caulifla could basically stomp anyone From Z in Base and the same goes for Katopesla in his different modes.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:09 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Hmm...wasn't she defeated by Android 18 though? I don't recall any mention of #18 in Super being noticably stronger than in Z and Pan has feats that place her at least around if not above #18 from Z. I wouldn't be so sure Ribrianne can win this and even if, then totally not "by a mile". Don't forget that Oceanus took direct hit from surprise attack of Pan and got stunned, but it wasn't enough to actually kill her and Goku had to finish it. Oceanus was totally stronger than Pan and powerful enough to harm Goku. Also, his kid base form was enough to take on Rildo who was stronger than Buu and Goku became stronger since then. It's much more close fight than you think.
They didn't told us that c18 is stronger, they just showed it.
C18 was fighting better than base goku against pride troopers, and gave the final blow to super ribrianne
Right, DBS and its non existing power scaling in anime.
#18 didn't train until ToP and sparrings with her weak bald husband so there is really no way for her to be stronger than base Goku if you ask me.
Even in RoF saga he said she is still stronger than anyone that isn't saiyan so even completely nerfed Gohan should be stronger than her back then.

I wouldn't say #18 got some bullshit boost, more like Goku is displayed to be way weaker than he should very often. Struggling with basically anyone, even Roshi if i am not mistaken? He should be able to one shot #18 in his base form.
zarmack wrote:Goku was explicitly stated to be holding back when fighting against Roshi (and Krillin) in the anime. Most people who whine about the anime's scaling constantly ignore dialogue and context.

Android 18 (post-Ribranne fight) is definitely at least slightly stronger than Goku & Vegeta's SSJ1 forms (since Ribranne at peak was around that level).
Sorry it took me so long to respond back, the Holidays Keep me very busy at home and work.

1st I have to Say Sorry about the "Wins by a Mile" comment, after reviewing it not much later I felt that was rude and disrespectful of me in posting as a fan, espically towards Oceanus Shenron and Fans of Oceanus Shenron, not the style of fandom I want to represent, So My apologizes for that Sunsetshimmer.

I am also taking into account other posts on this discussion cause If I where to included all it be series to long of a quoted listed post, LOL! :crazy:

Honestly I agree that in the ToP it was a Mess at many points and hard to add up the levels and the levels of power-ups. I Serious do believe However the Android 18 gained a massive power-up in episode 117 to combat Giant Ribrianne at that moment. I don't know however and sadly the anime may never fully explain it if that power-up was for that moment or has had some lasting either full or partial powering up effects on her.

So I think post Ribrianne fight Android 18 might have the ablity to at least go Well with as Zarmack said, has at least gone beyond current post ToP Goku SSJ-1 form and likely maybe into SSJ-2 levels. I think the power-up was more massive against Giant Ribrianne for a moment then those levels, but likely for a moment then went down abit but had lasting effects. I hope this is the case to get 18 onto a bigger playing field for the future.

Where this stacks Ribrianne, well I have in other posts in the past that Ribrianne did show signs of fatigue from long drawn out fighting in the ToP and losing power fast before going Giant form was made, so I can't say if in 117 she was at her full best or not. But I have a hard time concluding to that cause I don't want to take anything away from Android 18's victory or her fans.

Really getting to how I have staked Ribrianne, It is shown easily in 102-103 that she is at least in her Base and Enraged forms at SSJ-1 levels and I say in Super form is going to SSJ-2 levels likely. In Giant form it is likely, if not tired, with a Genki Dama like power-up like her super form and not fatigued, she can be at least SSJ-3 levels at best scaling after the 102-103 episode fights to start things off.

How GT characters scale with Super IMO has always been hard to say, buy in Super the scaling does go much more insanely higher with GoD Ki added in as we saw it stacking for Base Goku and his SSJ-Levels or at least that is so far how I seem in understand it, I will let other fans more expert on that be the better on info on those points. But with that said, I don't think beyond SSJ-4 that any other forms in GT had such a radical upgrade like the other SSJ levels had in Super.

So that is how and why I came to the conclusion of the contest question.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:15 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:

10) Super Saiyan Blue: 12X Kaioken Son Goku (Universe 6 Saga) vs. Never-Miss Hit (Base Form) (Against SSJB Vegeta).

11) Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super: Broly) vs. Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black (FT Saga) (Physical Prime).

12) Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) (Before Being Hit By The Fusion Spirit Bomb) vs. Young Paragus: BR (Dragon Ball Super: Broly).

13) Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) (After Being Hit By The Fusion Spirit Bomb) vs. Kid Broly: BR (Base) (Dragon Ball Super: Broly).

14) False Super Saiyan Son Gohan (Cell Games Saga) (After Defeating SPC) vs. Akira Toriyama (Infected By The Black Water Mist) and Toyotarō (Infected By The Black Water Mist).

15) False Super Saiyan Son Gohan (Majin Buu Saga) (After Being Defeated By Innocent Buu) vs. Toyotarō (Infected By The Black Water Mist) and Salagir (Infected By Black Water Mist).

16) Eastern Supreme Kai (When Kid Buu Attacked The Kaioshins) vs. Present Zamasu (While Being Hakai’d By Beerus).

17) Eastern Supreme Kai (Majin Buu Saga) vs. Goku Black (After Being Beaten Up By Chou Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku).

18) The Reader (Potential Unlocked By Mr. Grand Elder Guru, Potential Unleashed By Mr. Elder Kaioshin, Or Rather An Equipped Time Breaker Mask Borrowed From Bardock) vs. Full Power Super Saiyan Majin Vegeta (Anime Adaptation).

R10 : goku stomps, poor hit
R11 : goku from broly movie doesn't even needs blue to beat rosè goku black. it's yet a lot if he can't beat him with ssj3 IMO
R12 : vegeta
R13 : kid broly
R14 : just...how do I judge this? Next
R15 : same as upper...wtf
R16 : zamasu negative difficulty
R17 : goku black negative difficulty
R18 : different plan of reality, seen by the characters prospective we are 4D and they cannot interfere with us. Standard human wins in base form