The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Tue May 24, 2022 1:17 pm

Goku9001 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:43 am Keep in mind that Goku had powered up by a ridiculous amount during the fight and was going well beyond his limits at that point. This Goku is not the same one who was fighting Goku Black prior.
No. A power up is never stated.
Lionel wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:17 am Here are some more versus matches.

Cell Games: Grade 3 MSSJ Goku , MSSJ Gohan, SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Trunks, and Piccolo (the Saiyans have Grade 3 and are using the transformation shuffle strategy devised by Vegeta against Goku Black) vs Perfect Cell (after fighting Goku, tired)

Buu arc: SSJ2 Goku, Majin Vegeta, and SSJ Gohan (before Z-Sword) vs Good Buu (the weakened version who fought Kid Buu)

Kibitokai vs Future Zamasu (equal power levels; no immortality)

Krillin, Tenshinhan and Yamcha (all Moro arc) vs 1st form Frost (Champa arc; no poison needle)
1) I can see the team winning with good strategy.
2) Boo is still too much for them. Especially with his regeneration.
3) Zamasu is shown to be a better fighter so he wins.
4) 1st form Frost is even stronger than the Freeza who beat a Super Saiyan in RoF. Their only hope is Roshi's Mafuba.
Last edited by ZombieVito on Tue May 24, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 24, 2022 1:22 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:18 pm

Cell Games: Grade 3 MSSJ Goku , MSSJ Gohan, SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Trunks, and Piccolo (the Saiyans have Grade 3 and are using the transformation shuffle strategy devised by Vegeta against Goku Black) vs Perfect Cell (after fighting Goku, tired)

Buu arc: SSJ2 Goku, Majin Vegeta, and SSJ Gohan (before Z-Sword) vs Good Buu (the weakened version who fought Kid Buu)

Krillin, Tenshinhan and Yamcha (all Moro arc) vs 1st form Frost (Champa arc; no poison needle)
1) So, basically jumping Cell after Goku threw the towel, before the senzu, but with a buffed Goku. I think the team can make Cell retread and power up fully. Cell's FP should still be above everybody. The decrease in speed from the buff SS should be easy pickings for Cell, no matter how tired he might be.
Only Gohan would be standing, and while Goku might be there, Cell should be strong enough to beat them both. It's possible that Gohan unlocks SS2 if Cell ends up killing somebody.

2) Mr. Boo lasted more than Vegeta, against Kid Buu, due to his hax. I actually don't think Mr. Buu can take a SS2, or at least that's where he caps. A SS2 assisted by others is too much for him, I think.

3) In the manga, Future Zamasu was below Trunks, who was SS3 tier. We don't know how strong Kibitokai was, he thought he could go fight Buutenks, but he wasn't as strong of course. Stopped in his tracks by the other Kaioshin.
I think at best, Kibitokai is between Majin Vegeta and Fat Buu. Zamasu is weaker than SS3, so I guess he could very well be around Fat Buu, maybe not as strong. Still, I think Zamasu takes this.

4) Hard to tell. Frost's FP seems to be above 2nd form Cell or around it. If his forms follow they same pattern as Freeza's, then he'd be 4x weaker than his FP in his first form. I think Cell doubled his power after absorbing 17, so 1st form Frost would be around Namek Freeza or SS Namek. I'm not sure they can take somebody as strong. Tenshinhan's Kikoho should deal damage, but I don't think Krilin and Yamcha can create a diversion for such a strong foe.
Who knows? maybe while Frost is knocking down the Kame guys, the Shin Kikoho is landing and seriously damaging Frost.
Isn't the problem for frost that Freeza was doubling each time but then 100% was a whole lot more than that.

Freeza
1,060,000 (“over 1 million”

Yet final form end up at

So 1st form is exponentially weaker hanging in only because frost is stronger than namek Freeza to start with and Goku fucking around.

So Frost's first form is far far more than 4 times less than final form if the multipliers are consistent.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue May 24, 2022 2:08 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:22 pm

1) So, basically jumping Cell after Goku threw the towel, before the senzu, but with a buffed Goku. I think the team can make Cell retread and power up fully. Cell's FP should still be above everybody. The decrease in speed from the buff SS should be easy pickings for Cell, no matter how tired he might be.
Only Gohan would be standing, and while Goku might be there, Cell should be strong enough to beat them both. It's possible that Gohan unlocks SS2 if Cell ends up killing somebody.

2) Mr. Boo lasted more than Vegeta, against Kid Buu, due to his hax. I actually don't think Mr. Buu can take a SS2, or at least that's where he caps. A SS2 assisted by others is too much for him, I think.

3) In the manga, Future Zamasu was below Trunks, who was SS3 tier. We don't know how strong Kibitokai was, he thought he could go fight Buutenks, but he wasn't as strong of course. Stopped in his tracks by the other Kaioshin.
I think at best, Kibitokai is between Majin Vegeta and Fat Buu. Zamasu is weaker than SS3, so I guess he could very well be around Fat Buu, maybe not as strong. Still, I think Zamasu takes this.

4) Hard to tell. Frost's FP seems to be above 2nd form Cell or around it. If his forms follow they same pattern as Freeza's, then he'd be 4x weaker than his FP in his first form. I think Cell doubled his power after absorbing 17, so 1st form Frost would be around Namek Freeza or SS Namek. I'm not sure they can take somebody as strong. Tenshinhan's Kikoho should deal damage, but I don't think Krilin and Yamcha can create a diversion for such a strong foe.
Who knows? maybe while Frost is knocking down the Kame guys, the Shin Kikoho is landing and seriously damaging Frost.
Isn't the problem for frost that Freeza was doubling each time but then 100% was a whole lot more than that.

Freeza

Yet final form end up at

So 1st form is exponentially weaker hanging in only because frost is stronger than namek Freeza to start with and Goku fucking around.

So Frost's first form is far far more than 4 times less than final form if the multipliers are consistent.
Right.
So, if Frost at full power is around 1,200 M (if the androids and 1st form Cell are around 500M, then 2nd form Cell would be 1,000M). His first form would be 50 M.
The team can take this.
But I'm inclined to say Frost is much stronger than Super Vegeta, considering he was above Piccolo, who fought a Cell Jr. So maybe I'd say he is on a Suppressed Perfect Cell's level. In that case, I think 1st form Frost would be around or above Namek SS.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue May 24, 2022 2:54 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:18 pm 4) Hard to tell. Frost's FP seems to be above 2nd form Cell or around it. If his forms follow they same pattern as Freeza's, then he'd be 4x weaker than his FP in his first form. I think Cell doubled his power after absorbing 17, so 1st form Frost would be around Namek Freeza or SS Namek. I'm not sure they can take somebody as strong. Tenshinhan's Kikoho should deal damage, but I don't think Krilin and Yamcha can create a diversion for such a strong foe.
No way he's that weak in the manga. Piccolo would have one shotted a weaken 2nd form Cell fighter.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:59 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:17 pm
No. A power up is never stated.
Enraged Goku was also never stated to have powered up.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 24, 2022 8:10 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:08 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:22 pm

Freeza

Yet final form end up at

Right.
So, if Frost at full power is around 1,200 M (if the androids and 1st form Cell are around 500M, then 2nd form Cell would be 1,000M). His first form would be 50 M.
The team can take this.
But I'm inclined to say Frost is much stronger than Super Vegeta, considering he was above Piccolo, who fought a Cell Jr. So maybe I'd say he is on a Suppressed Perfect Cell's level. In that case, I think 1st form Frost would be around or above Namek SS.
If first form frost was around namek SS goku would need ss to beat him, which he didn't until final form, and even then it was then a stomp.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 24, 2022 11:46 pm

Yeah that was just stupid of me. I meant SSJ2 Gohan, not SSJ in regards to the Good Buu fight. It's too late now to edit.

I think one of the issues with projecting where Frost is on the power scaling is that Goku, his main opponent, had been training previously with Whis and again with Vegeta in the ROSAT for what amounted to three years iirc. Regardless if we're going to discard the visuals and information presented with ROF does anyone truly believe that base Goku, and by extension Frost in his suppressed forms, is still inferior to Freeza or only just as powerful as the tyrant's Namek arc self?

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:43 am

I find it arguable that Goku is weaker than Freeza even before attaining SSJG and training with Whis. Goku > Freeza from RoF and beyond is as clear as Goku > Raditz post Saiyan Saga. Base Goku was taking blows from Hit, Freeza would’ve been turned into dust instantly.

1st form Freeza is stronger than SSJ Gohan. If Base Goku still needs SSJ to beat Namek Freeza, then he’s not much stronger than this piss weak Gohan. Come on now.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed May 25, 2022 12:38 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:43 am I find it arguable that Goku is weaker than Freeza even before attaining SSJG and training with Whis. Goku > Freeza from RoF and beyond is as clear as Goku > Raditz post Saiyan Saga. Base Goku was taking blows from Hit, Freeza would’ve been turned into dust instantly.

1st form Freeza is stronger than SSJ Gohan. If Base Goku still needs SSJ to beat Namek Freeza, then he’s not much stronger than this piss weak Gohan. Come on now.
I don't find it arguable at all. Statement was clear as day, never refuted and even repeated in all 3 continuities.

To be honest we can't take survival feats in a tournament that seriously. Hit can kill base Goku easily if he's allowed to.

I think people are downgrading Gohan too much in RoF, it's true that he couldn't sustain Super Saiyan for long but he still beat Ginyu who was stronger than Piccolo. Even in the movie he one shotted Shisami easily, who was giving Piccolo trouble.

I think these work great IMO:

Freeza:
- Namek: 120,000,000
- 1st form RoF: 5,300,000,000

Goku:
- BoG: 100,000,000
- Super Saiyan: 5,000,000,000

Gohan:
- RoF: 60,000,000
- Super Saiyan: 3,000,000,000

Ginyu: 2,500,000,000
Piccolo|Shisami: 2,000,000,000

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:10 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:38 pm I don't find it arguable at all. Statement was clear as day, never refuted and even repeated in all 3 continuities.

To be honest we can't take survival feats in a tournament that seriously. Hit can kill base Goku easily if he's allowed to.

I think people are downgrading Gohan too much in RoF, it's true that he couldn't sustain Super Saiyan for long but he still beat Ginyu who was stronger than Piccolo. Even in the movie he one shotted Shisami easily, who was giving Piccolo trouble.

I think these work great IMO:

Freeza:
- Namek: 120,000,000
- 1st form RoF: 5,300,000,000

Goku:
- BoG: 100,000,000
- Super Saiyan: 5,000,000,000

Gohan:
- RoF: 60,000,000
- Super Saiyan: 3,000,000,000

Ginyu: 2,500,000,000
Piccolo|Shisami: 2,000,000,000
Well, the statement was butchered in the manga, and the anime adds Beerus saying SSJ Goku isn’t much better. Tagoma calling Base Gohan the strongest warrior and Gohan saying Tagoma is as strong as him after he stomps Piccolo is more than enough to confirm Beerus wasn’t serious about it to me.

1st form Freeza >>> SSJ Gohan >> Ginyu >>> Base Gohan = Tagoma > Piccolo = Shisami for me.

Now I’m not sure if RoF Gohan is on his Post Z Sword level (who was stronger than Boo Saga Goku) or lower. Future Trunks talks about Gohan not giving off the power he used to when they meet, so he might be even weaker than his Boo Saga level here.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu May 26, 2022 6:41 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:10 pm Well, the statement was butchered in the manga, and the anime adds Beerus saying SSJ Goku isn’t much better. Tagoma calling Base Gohan the strongest warrior and Gohan saying Tagoma is as strong as him after he stomps Piccolo is more than enough to confirm Beerus wasn’t serious about it to me.

1st form Freeza >>> SSJ Gohan >> Ginyu >>> Base Gohan = Tagoma > Piccolo = Shisami for me.

Now I’m not sure if RoF Gohan is on his Post Z Sword level (who was stronger than Boo Saga Goku) or lower. Future Trunks talks about Gohan not giving off the power he used to when they meet, so he might be even weaker than his Boo Saga level here.
Well, Beerus is like trillions upon trillions of times stronger than Goku during their first encounter so for him an increase of 50 times would indeed feel small. Imagine a bacteria growing 50 times stronger than you. You wouldn't even register it. At least that's how I see it.

RoF is a little convoluted I will agree but the fact that no one was fighting the army seriously, Tagoma can't sense Ki and Piccolo challenging him right after base Gohan almost died (With Weighted clothes no less) tells me that Gohan is weak without Super Saiyan. Not to mention that it's stated that Gohan only regains his Boo arc level at episode 88 so he has to be weaker than that at RoF.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:47 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:41 pm
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:10 pm Well, the statement was butchered in the manga, and the anime adds Beerus saying SSJ Goku isn’t much better. Tagoma calling Base Gohan the strongest warrior and Gohan saying Tagoma is as strong as him after he stomps Piccolo is more than enough to confirm Beerus wasn’t serious about it to me.

Well, Beerus is like trillions upon trillions of times stronger than Goku during their first encounter so for him an increase of 50 times would indeed feel small. Imagine a bacteria growing 50 times stronger than you. You wouldn't even register it. At least that's how I see it.

RoF is a little convoluted I will agree but the fact that no one was fighting the army seriously, Tagoma can't sense Ki and Piccolo challenging him right after base Gohan almost died (With Weighted clothes no less) tells me that Gohan is weak without Super Saiyan. Not to mention that it's stated that Gohan only regains his Boo arc level at episode 88 so he has to be weaker than that at RoF.
Gohan was made out to be weaker than Ultimate Gohan, not Teen Gohan after having his latent power unlocked way beyond its limits in his respective forms.

I can't remember. Was it Tagoma specifically who stated that Base Gohan was the strongest among the group?

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:50 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:41 pm Well, Beerus is like trillions upon trillions of times stronger than Goku during their first encounter so for him an increase of 50 times would indeed feel small. Imagine a bacteria growing 50 times stronger than you. You wouldn't even register it. At least that's how I see it.

Tagoma’s strategy was that he caught Gohan off guard when he was busy with Shisami. If you take Piccolo’s confidence as a sign he’s > Gohan you’ll also have to say Shisami is weaker than Piccolo since Tagoma killed him, though anime Shisami is featless so it’s not much of a problem.

Gohan regaining his Boo Saga power was clearly about his Ultimate form, not his early Boo Saga power.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:33 am

Android 19 vs Android 20. Both after are post absorptions. Who wins?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun May 29, 2022 1:44 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:33 am Android 19 vs Android 20. Both after are post absorptions. Who wins?
I think #19 absorbed more energy from Goku and Vegeta than #20 did from Vegeta's projectile and whatever suppressed output Piccolo was forced to relinquish. Does that mean the heavyweight pantomime looking android could win? Well Gero stated that he was superior to #19 but I can't help but feel like that was partly motivated by the corner he found himself boxed in. Inherently his body may have been programmed to contain more energy than #19 but his companion had absorbed quite a bit of stamina from both Goku and Vegeta.

Looking at it now I might side with #19. Vegeta and Piccolo both were winded from having their energy absorbed but the Saiyan Prince was the strongest fighter there. #19 likely would have gleaned more from him than Gero with Piccolo. At worst they would be close in power so the outcome might be determined by other factors such as size and endurance. #19 seems like he would have more of those too so I would choose him for a victor.

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Post by GatoF » Sun May 29, 2022 3:10 pm

ToP Piccolo's fully charged Makankosappo vs ToP Android 17's barrier

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun May 29, 2022 7:34 pm

GatoF wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:10 pm ToP Piccolo's fully charged Makankosappo vs ToP Android 17's barrier
17’s barrier could handle Anilaza’s beam, so Piccolo ain’t scratching it.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Mon May 30, 2022 3:20 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:33 am Android 19 vs Android 20. Both after are post absorptions. Who wins?
Android 20 is definitely stronger. Vegeta made the assertion that Android 19's movements were not very impressive. In contrast, Vegeta was actually shocked by Android 20's speed.

Chapter 343 (DBZ 149), P7.4
Vegeta: “I’ve realized by watching your faint movements up to now…That you guys don’t seem as terrible as the rumors made out.”

Chapter: 345 (DBZ 151), P12.3
Context: after No.20 flees
Vegeta: “Damn it all! He’s quicker than I thought…!

Looking at the first statement, Vegeta makes the assertion that both Androids aren't up to snuff based on watching "your" i.e Android 19's movements. This puts into perspective what Vegeta is talking about in his 2nd statement. Vegeta believed Android 20 was unimpressive based on watching Android 19 move. However, Android 20 ended up being faster than he expected. Since Android 20 was initially lumped with 19, that would mean Android 20 was originally expected to be roughly as fast as Android 19. Yet, he proved to be much faster than that. That was well before absorbing Suppressed Piccolo as well.

Toriyama also makes it clear that Android 20 could be a potential threat to Vegeta whereas no implication is ever made about Android 19.

Chapter: 345 (DBZ 151), P14.7
Context: after seeing that Gohan, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and Kuririn had followed him
No.20: “If I collect their energy and add it to my own, I’ll be able to win against Vegeta!

Chapter: 346 (DBZ 152), P8.2
Context: Piccolo wants to fight No.20 without Vegeta's interference
No.20: “Don’t interfere, he says…Kukkukkuh…Alright, if I drain [Piccolo]'s energy again, then [I’ll win] against Vegeta…

I think there's enough information present that places Android 20 as superior to Android 19.
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:34 pm
GatoF wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:10 pm ToP Piccolo's fully charged Makankosappo vs ToP Android 17's barrier
17’s barrier could handle Anilaza’s beam, so Piccolo ain’t scratching it.
17's barrier was also capable of withstanding hits from a Powered-Up Jiren. Piccolo at best, is comparable to Base Gohan who isn't using his Ultimate power so a Makankosappo from him isn't doing anything to Android 17 who was initially close to Blue Goku prior to the Tournament of Power.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue May 31, 2022 6:19 pm

I have the geezer stronger from scratch. But the fat one absorbed the power of two SS, while Gero only a regular blast from Geets and not even all of Piccolo's power.
I'm going with fat Chaozu. He would need to be much weaker to still be below Gero after all of that.
Even Jiren struggled a bit with the barrier. Piccolo is not touching it.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:48 pm

Goku9001 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:20 am 17's barrier was also capable of withstanding hits from a Powered-Up Jiren. Piccolo at best, is comparable to Base Gohan who isn't using his Ultimate power so a Makankosappo from him isn't doing anything to Android 17 who was initially close to Blue Goku prior to the Tournament of Power.
Well it was a game changer in the fight with Saonel and Pirina, so I can see that Makkankosappo scratching the bottom of god tier.