The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:35 pm

Next Battle

Anime

Kefla and Goku UI Omen (Second Battle) VS Toppo God and Vegeta SBE
Goku Black Rose VS Broly SSJ (No legendary)
Zamasu Present Line VS Cabba

Crossover

Kaguya (Naruto) VS Pan

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:51 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:35 pm Next Battle

Anime

Crossover

Kaguya (Naruto) VS Pan
Team B wins after a good fight.
Black gets demolished. SS Broly is 50 times stronger than him.
Cabba would need SS2 to win.
Can Naruto characters destroy a planet? I have no idea how strong they are supposed to be.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:13 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:51 pm

Anime

Crossover

Kaguya (Naruto) VS Pan
Team B wins after a good fight.
Black gets demolished. SS Broly is 50 times stronger than him.
Cabba would need SS2 to win.
Can Naruto characters destroy a planet? I have no idea how strong they are supposed to be.
Kaguya, she is the only one who can destroy a dimension where there is at least one planet.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:38 am

Anime

Crossover

Kaguya (Naruto) VS Pan
1) It would be great fight to watch, but eventually Sign would ran out, Geets was withstanding hakai, Sign's attack shouldn't be much trouble. Kefla probably cannot overcome hakai energy. The hakai users win.

2) I'm not sure even if he were to join Goku and Vegeta, that they could win.

3) Anime Zamasu was SS2 level. SS Cabba would be Cell against Gohan.
For the anime, I'm not sure how strong he is supposed to be. Probably on the same realm as in the anime.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Anime

Kefla and Goku UI Omen (Second Battle) VS Toppo God and Vegeta SBE: So much fluctuation went on in the Tournament of Power that I can't even remember all the power ups and second winds the Saiyans got. Kefla was weaker than UIO Goku and Toppo was overwhelmed by SSJBE Vegeta, right? Shouldn't Goku have the advantage here overall thanks to his Omen state? Kefla fought an indeterminately exhausted SSJBKKx20 Goku so who knows how she would have fared if her opponent was fresh.

I'm going to side with the left team if only because of my impressions of Omen.

Goku Black Rose VS Broly SSJ (No legendary): How does Broly lose this fight? Wasn't he forcing Goku and Vegeta on the defensive despite their collective effort? I recall him also brawling with SSJ Gogeta for a moment. Unless Broly is mindless enough to just focus on the clones and not Black himself then he should easily take this in my opinion.

Zamasu Present Line VS Cabba: I think Zamasu would win. Mind you my interpretation of Cabba has him being arguably weaker than base Vegeta due to their mutual battle against Monna; if you can call the prince's repelling Monna a 'fight' to begin with.

Korru

Post by Korru » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:59 am

Anime

Crossover

Kaguya (Naruto) VS Pan
Team A because of Goku's Ultra Instinct. Not sure if this Vegeta after the " family-feels " power during his fight with pseudo-Hakaishin Toppo, but Toppo needs to charge to do his Hakai ( which is basically Hyper Beam from Pokemon )

Broccoli wins. (pretty sure broly will catch-on at some point and finish it quickly)

Zamasu cause he has more fighting experience. And because Cabba (U6 vs. U7 saga) is NOT on par with Vegeta (U6 Vs. U7 saga) - Vegeta lied about that and causally overpowered cabba in this scene below

Meanwhile, for comparison-sake, this video below ( via timestamped at 18:56 - 19:01 ) is how it would actually look like if Vegeta and Cabba were capable during U6 Vs. U7 Saga

https://youtu.be/sDrtkxQpGak?t=1136

DBZ Goku had to use his Kiai whereas dBs Vegeta was just " the-flick-of-wrist " , no effort whatever.
In short, Vegeta lied to Cabba
Liked what you liked ... before it was cool

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 am

Anime

Crossover

Kaguya (Naruto) VS Pan
Kefla & UI Omen Goku (116) vs. God Toppo & SSJBE Vegeta : I'm inclined to say that Toppo and Vegeta take this. There's no definitive comparison between Toppo and Kefla. However, Vegeta does clarify that Jiren (122) was the strongest power he had ever encountered and yet everyone was making it a big deal when SSJB Vegeta started to push Jiren back. Jiren eventually powers up while emitting a red aura and SSJB Goku was capable of putting up some resistance against Jiren. Then, SSJBE Vegeta proves to be 20x stronger than SSJB Goku, which still wasn't enough for God Toppo, and then powers up drastically against God Toppo. The suggested powerchain would be:

SSJBE Vegeta (Post-Rage) > God Toppo > SSJBE Vegeta (Initial) ~ KKx20 SSJB Goku > SSJB Goku ~ SSJB Vegeta > Jiren (122) > Kefla. You could argue that Jiren (122) ended up more powerful than SSJB Vegeta as Vegeta eventually lost but being able to push Jiren back in any capacity would place him above Kefla as Jiren was regarded as the highest power at the time.

SSJR Goku Black vs. SSJ Broly : SSJR Goku Black is irrelevant at this point. SSJ Broly was manhandling both SSJB Goku and SSJB Vegeta simultaneously and those two are way beyond SSJR Goku Black at this point in time. Furthermore, the novelization implicitly makes Broly out to be the strongest mortal Frieza ever encountered which would mean that SSJ Broly is potentially more powerful than Jiren. Goku Black wouldn't stand a chance.

Present Zamasu vs. Cabba : Present Zamasu was relatively close to SSJ2 Goku who was stated to have grown stronger after U6 Tournament according to the filler arc that occurred prior. SSJ Cabba was weaker than SSJ Vegeta as of U6 Tournament in comparison. Zamasu would demolish him. Even at equal powers, Zamasu proved to be a highly skilled fighter whereas Cabba proved to be sloppy which was evident in his initial exchange with Base Vegeta where he tired himself out too quickly.

Kaguya vs. Pan : Is this GT Pan? If so, Pan should be way beyond Kaguya but it's hard to say what she does in response to Kaguya's Truth Seeking Orbs. She can literally envelop the entire world in it and she's practically immortal due to the Shinju tree. The only thing that would stop her is Hagoromo's sealing jutsu and Pan clearly doesn't have it. Kaguya probably wins.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:40 am

Anime

Crossover

Kaguya (Naruto) VS Pan
Team B should win fairly easily, possibly even in a 2v1.

Base Broly one shots. He was keeping up with SSJBs who forced even Merged Zamasu to power up.

Cabba. He’s a fair bit behind Goku and Vegeta in the ToP, but I think he’s improved enough that he can take Zamasu as a SSJ2. Not sure about SSJ1 though.

I don’t watch
Lionel wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:14 pm Zamasu Present Line VS Cabba: I think Zamasu would win. Mind you my interpretation of Cabba has him being arguably weaker than base Vegeta due to their mutual battle against Monna; if you can call the prince's repelling Monna a 'fight' to begin with.
Don’t you think Vegeta just got a cheap shot in? Freeza needing Golden to beat Cabba sounds like he’s not below Base Saiyan level.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:39 am

Freeza vs Frost. Both from the ToP, no golden form or dirty tricks.

Did Freeza really need to trick Frost into trusting him, or was he just being a dick? I mean, Frost fighting SSJ Vegeta in the ToP is a pretty impressive feat.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:13 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:39 am Freeza vs Frost. Both from the ToP, no golden form or dirty tricks.

Did Freeza really need to trick Frost into trusting him, or was he just being a dick? I mean, Frost fighting SSJ Vegeta in the ToP is a pretty impressive feat.
I think Freeza was treated as Frost's senior and superior in both manga and anime. Frost considered him a sort of mentor, and trusted him pretty easily.

Regardless, I'd think they're equal in power in their true forms, both of them can tango with the Super Saiyans competently. If Freeza wins (and I think he would) is because he's portrayed as considerably more experienced, ruthless and downright cruel compared to Frost.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:46 pm

Goku9001 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 am Present Zamasu vs. Cabba : Present Zamasu was relatively close to SSJ2 Goku who was stated to have grown stronger after U6 Tournament according to the filler arc that occurred prior.
He did? Mind giving the episode where it's said?
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:39 am Freeza vs Frost. Both from the ToP, no golden form or dirty tricks.

The way I see it is that they are relevant to each other with Freeza having the lead. Freeza just didn't want to use energy unnecessarily so he tricked Frost for an easy elimination.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:50 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:46 pm He did? Mind giving the episode where it's said?
Certainly. I believe it's stated in episode 45 or 46 where Goku battles Copy Vegeta. He confirms that Vegeta had been training after the tournament and had grown even stronger.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:22 pm

Goku9001 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:50 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:46 pm He did? Mind giving the episode where it's said?
Certainly. I believe it's stated in episode 45 or 46 where Goku battles Copy Vegeta. He confirms that Vegeta had been training after the tournament and had grown even stronger.
I see. He mentions Vegeta as gotten stronger. Nothing about himself which fits what I always thought of Vegeta not being equal to him at the U6 tournament and caught up to him in before the Commeson arc. Making them equals when Black shows up.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:48 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:22 pm
I see. He mentions Vegeta as gotten stronger. Nothing about himself which fits what I always thought of Vegeta not being equal to him at the U6 tournament and caught up to him in before the Commeson arc. Making them equals when Black shows up.
They were equal during the U6 Tournament outside of Kaioken.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:19 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:40 am
Lionel wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:14 pm Zamasu Present Line VS Cabba: I think Zamasu would win. Mind you my interpretation of Cabba has him being arguably weaker than base Vegeta due to their mutual battle against Monna; if you can call the prince's repelling Monna a 'fight' to begin with.
Don’t you think Vegeta just got a cheap shot in? Freeza needing Golden to beat Cabba sounds like he’s not below Base Saiyan level.
More than likely, yes. Vegeta was pretty nonchalant about the brief encounter, though. We've seen base Goku pressure Freeza in his original form to the point where the tyrant felt compelled to unleash his golden form back in ROF. I think that dynamic remained more or less the same going into the TOP. Cabba needed SSJ2 to achieve the same result.

If Cabba is stronger than base Vegeta then I wouldn't put the gap as being too large. It could allow him to win but it's not saying much if he needs SSJ2 to defeat the likes of base Vegeta.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:14 pm

Goku9001 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:48 pm They were equal during the U6 Tournament outside of Kaioken.
Was that stated anywhere?
Lionel wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:19 pm More than likely, yes. Vegeta was pretty nonchalant about the brief encounter, though. We've seen base Goku pressure Freeza in his original form to the point where the tyrant felt compelled to unleash his golden form back in ROF. I think that dynamic remained more or less the same going into the TOP. Cabba needed SSJ2 to achieve the same result.

If Cabba is stronger than base Vegeta then I wouldn't put the gap as being too large. It could allow him to win but it's not saying much if he needs SSJ2 to defeat the likes of base Vegeta.
I don't think it really did. Freeza was stated to be stronger than Frost without Golden and Frost fought SS Vegeta very well the episode before that. His Final form must be SS tier.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:58 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:14 pm
Lionel wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:19 pm More than likely, yes. Vegeta was pretty nonchalant about the brief encounter, though. We've seen base Goku pressure Freeza in his original form to the point where the tyrant felt compelled to unleash his golden form back in ROF. I think that dynamic remained more or less the same going into the TOP. Cabba needed SSJ2 to achieve the same result.

I don't think it really did. Freeza was stated to be stronger than Frost without Golden and Frost fought SS Vegeta very well the episode before that. His Final form must be SS tier.
Really? Well that raises quite the peculiarity then since the amplificative ratio would imply that Golden Freeza should overall be superior to blue and in need of evolved blue and Kaioken supplementation to try and rebalance things. Of course that's assuming the amplifiers for the form remained consistent from ROF and onwards.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:20 pm

Lionel wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:58 pm Really? Well that raises quite the peculiarity then since the amplificative ratio would imply that Golden Freeza should overall be superior to blue and in need of evolved blue and Kaioken supplementation to try and rebalance things. Of course that's assuming the amplifiers for the form remained consistent from ROF and onwards.
Yeah, I thought the same but then found a work around.

The reason Freeza has that severe stamina issue in RoF is because he overclocked his transformation, which gave it a bigger multiplier. Once he trained in Hell, he got used to the form and the multiplier lowered allowing for him to still be SSB tier and not go over it.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:24 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:20 pm
Lionel wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:58 pm Really? Well that raises quite the peculiarity then since the amplificative ratio would imply that Golden Freeza should overall be superior to blue and in need of evolved blue and Kaioken supplementation to try and rebalance things. Of course that's assuming the amplifiers for the form remained consistent from ROF and onwards.
Yeah, I thought the same but then found a work around.

The reason Freeza has that severe stamina issue in RoF is because he overclocked his transformation, which gave it a bigger multiplier. Once he trained in Hell, he got used to the form and the multiplier lowered allowing for him to still be SSB tier and not go over it.
So something akin to Goku amplifying his blue form briefly in the manga against Jiren? It's still a hefty increase for Freeza to go from trading blows with base Goku to being superior to his U6 counterpart who was holding his own against SSJ Vegeta. Overclocking his golden form in this case would have netted him a greater amplification than Super Saiyan Grade 3 without the loss in speed probably.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:59 pm

Full Powered SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Saga) vs. SSJ2 Vegeta (Buu arc)

Vegeta's Final Flash (Cell saga) vs. SSJ1 Goku's Kamehameha (Cell Caga)