The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by CatouttaHell » Thu May 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Kaboom wrote:He's talking to Trunks and/or Pan. They've never witnessed or sensed Kid Boo, so that would be a lousy point of reference for them. And again, Mister Boo is the only Boo who still exists. That makes him the most likely candidate by default.

What if Goku had instead compared Rild to Piccolo? Would he mean King Piccolo or Piccolo Junior at the 23rd Budokai, just because those are the ones he fought? No, common sense says that he'd mean the Piccolo who's still chilling back on Earth, and whom Trunks and Pan know and are familiar with. Comparing him to Boo is no different.

Now, I'm not saying he WAS referring to Mister Boo, or any particular form in general. Just pointing out that it doesn't HAVE to mean Kid Boo, and "that's the one Goku fought" is a pretty faulty reason to assume it does.
Well I'm not saying you're wrong or that I'm undeniably right I'm just saying why my interpretation makes sense to me. Either one of us could be right. I think Trunks knew who Chibi Boo was as he should've been able to sense his insane power (suppressed SSjin 3 Goku could be felt in the Kaioshin Realm when he was on Earth after all.) It seemed that He was just talking to Himself anyway IMO. Mr. Boo I doubt ever really fought anybody after he left the Kaioshin Realm so I don't think Trunks or Son Pan, ESPECIALLY Son Pan knew how strong he really was but that's just me.

Your point about Piccolo is a good point but those seem like different scenarios. The Piccolo at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai is just the current Piccolo before he became, far, far stronger. Basically just a former version of the current, relevant Piccolo. Chibi Boo was a big deal as he was the strongest villain in Z (Toei-wise at least) and the guy Goku spent 10 years waiting to fight after he was reincarnated. You have a great point but these just seem like very different scenarios. It's hard to explain. Mr. Boo was very strong too but he wasn't really a fighter and was just some guy who spent the last 15 years chilling with Mr. Satan and not doing much, only fighting in the Budokais to ensure Satan wins. While Chibi Boo will forever be remembered as an insanely strong guy that almost destroyed the universe. It just makes more sense to me that way but I definitely see your point.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Thu May 05, 2011 12:52 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:
Kaboom wrote:He's talking to Trunks and/or Pan. They've never witnessed or sensed Kid Boo, so that would be a lousy point of reference for them. And again, Mister Boo is the only Boo who still exists. That makes him the most likely candidate by default.

What if Goku had instead compared Rild to Piccolo? Would he mean King Piccolo or Piccolo Junior at the 23rd Budokai, just because those are the ones he fought? No, common sense says that he'd mean the Piccolo who's still chilling back on Earth, and whom Trunks and Pan know and are familiar with. Comparing him to Boo is no different.

Now, I'm not saying he WAS referring to Mister Boo, or any particular form in general. Just pointing out that it doesn't HAVE to mean Kid Boo, and "that's the one Goku fought" is a pretty faulty reason to assume it does.
Well I'm not saying you're wrong or that I'm undeniably right I'm just saying why my interpretation makes sense to me. Either one of us could be right. I think Trunks knew who Chibi Boo was as he should've been able to sense his insane power (suppressed SSjin 3 Goku could be felt in the Kaioshin Realm when he was on Earth after all.) It seemed that He was just talking to Himself anyway IMO. Mr. Boo I doubt ever really fought anybody after he left the Kaioshin Realm so I don't think Trunks or Son Pan, ESPECIALLY Son Pan knew how strong he really was but that's just me.

Your point about Piccolo is a good point but those seem like different scenarios. The Piccolo at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai is just the current Piccolo before he became, far, far stronger. Basically just a former version of the current, relevant Piccolo. Chibi Boo was a big deal as he was the strongest villain in Z (Toei-wise at least) and the guy Goku spent 10 years waiting to fight after he was reincarnated. You have a great point but these just seem like very different scenarios. It's hard to explain. Mr. Boo was very strong too but he wasn't really a fighter and was just some guy who spent the last 15 years chilling with Mr. Satan and not doing much, only fighting in the Budokais to ensure Satan wins. While Chibi Boo will forever be remembered as an insanely strong guy that almost destroyed the universe. It just makes more sense to me that way but I definitely see your point.
Sorry for the double-post, I just posted that and that forum bug ate it.

Anyway, copy and pasting from Neoseeker:

SSjin 2 Goku (Movie 12) vs. Boohan

This is not the canon SSjin 2 Goku, this is the one from Movie 12, who bounced back from hits from a guy who one-shotted SSjin 3 Gotenks so hard HE DEFUSED. Keep in mind SSjin 2 Goku did a lot better against Transformed Hirudegarn than Chou Gohan did against Base Hirudegarn. Chou Gohan is implied to be somewhere between SSjin and SSjin 2 Goku in this movie. What do you guys think?
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Fri May 06, 2011 7:12 am

Kuririn vs. Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Chaozu in the Trunks arc.

- Ki-Ko-Ho and Kienzan are both banned

- Winner by knockout or giving up.

Who wins and why?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 06, 2011 10:08 am

The way I figure, Kuririn's still got a definite and considerable power advantage at that point due to the Grand Elder's unlocking (which still gives him the title of "strongest human" by the Boo arc), but the other three might be able to manage something due to outnumbering him. Especially if any of Chaozu's telekenetic tricks will work.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Fri May 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Where do you place the humans at this point, Kaboom? I assume you have Kuririn at 75k, but what about the others in this fight?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 pm

If Kuririn trained really hard during those three years for the Androids, then he might be at like 80-85 thousand.

The other humans... I'd peg them in the 30 thousand range at best, with Tenshinhan the strongest of the three and Chaozu the weakest, as is the usual trend with them. Most of that would come from their training with Kaio. Even accounting for the fact that they're, well, not Saiyan, they still had a lot more time at Kaio's than Goku did, as well as the benefit of training as a group.

So that amount of growth seems reasonable and generous. Kuririn simply got an unfairly large lead due to the Grand Elder's little 'free ride' on Namek.
deviantART
[thread]

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 pm

I have two battles.

The team of Piccolo (post-fusion with Kami), pre-Time Chamber Super Saiyan Vegeta and Goku vs. Android #17 and #18.

- The battle takes place on the same island Piccolo took on #17

- No interference from Cell, #16, Tenshinhan or anyone else.

And:

King Chappa vs. Cui at even power levels.

- Battle takes place on Earth

Who wins both battles and why?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 07, 2011 10:11 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:The team of Piccolo (post-fusion with Kami), pre-Time Chamber Super Saiyan Vegeta and Goku vs. Android #17 and #18.
During 18's battle with Vegeta, who was still her clear lesser, 17 realized that if everyone else joined in and ganged up on her, she couldn't win. And that was just a whole bunch of guys who were significantly weaker than Vegeta.

But here, Piccolo on his own is presumably already strong enough to take out one at a time. With the two Super Saiyans backing him up, they should be able to take both Androids out.
In Brightest Day wrote:King Chappa vs. Cui at even power levels.
Hard to tell. Generally, Earth-fighters have much more going for them in terms of skill and finesse than your typical space-thug. King Chappa was a prior Budokai champion, if I recall, so I'd bet he would take this fight.
deviantART
[thread]

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat May 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Kaboom wrote:King Chappa was a prior Budokai champion, if I recall
More than that, he won every tournament he ever entered without being touched by his opponents. That's some record.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Bussani wrote:
More than that, he won every tournament he ever entered without being touched by his opponents. That's some record.
Oh shoot, that was him? I remember that now.

Then yeah, Kwi is royally f***ed.
deviantART
[thread]

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat May 07, 2011 10:43 pm

LSSjin Broli (Movie 10) vs. Fat Boo (Full Power)

LSSjin Broli (Movie 10) vs. SSjin Gotenks (Pre-RoSaT)

Keep in mind LSSjin Broli in Movie 10 is too strong to be hurt by Enraged SSjin 2 Gohan, and in Movie 10 Gohan is haxed to be stronger than SSjin Goten and Trunks in base. It takes a triple Kamehameha from SSjin 2 Goku, Enraged SSjin 2 Gohan, and SSjin Goten and the sun to take him down.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat May 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Spider-Man enters the 22nd Budokai.

Spidey is capable of lifting 15 tons, has the Spider-Sense, super agility and such. He's just in a cloth uniform, but the eyes of his mask are tinted.

Personally, I consider organic webshooters to be standard Spidey, but I know a lot of people don't, so that's up in the air. If he doesn't have organic webs, then he doesn't have them at all due to the 'no weapons' rule.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Pete gets his ass handed to him. He can barely topple guys like Daken.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 07, 2011 10:52 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:LSSjin Broli (Movie 10) vs. Fat Boo (Full Power)
LSSjin Broli (Movie 10) vs. SSjin Gotenks (Pre-RoSaT)
Broly is the movie equivalent of Super Perfect Cell. He's BARELY on the series' SSj2 tier of power. Both Super Saiyan Gotenks and Fat Boo are at LEAST on the same higher-tier SSj2 level as Goku and Vegeta, if not approaching Goku's SSj3 power.

Broly gets DESTROYED.
Rocketman wrote:Spider-Man enters the 22nd Budokai.
As cool as he is, he gets by mostly on a combination of luck and Spider-Sense, then loses once he's up against people who are powerful enough to blow up the moon.
deviantART
[thread]

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat May 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Kaboom wrote:He's BARELY on the series' SSj2 tier of power.
Even though a Toei-haxed and Enraged SSjin 2 Gohan couldn't do any damage to him?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 07, 2011 11:00 pm

CatouttaHell wrote:
Kaboom wrote:He's BARELY on the series' SSj2 tier of power.
Even though a Toei-haxed and Enraged SSjin 2 Gohan couldn't do any damage to him?
Let's not get into that. You know I just consider the characters in the movies plucked out from the series at some given point.
deviantART
[thread]

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:08 pm

I think both of those guys are at least Super Saiyan 3 tier.

Yeah....uh, Broly has no chance here.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sat May 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Bussani wrote:
Oh shoot, that was him? I remember that now.

Then yeah, Kwi is royally f***ed.
Thats only if Cui lets him get in close. Chappa would wreck him in hand-2-hand, but he has very limited Ki control.

Rocketman wrote:Spider-Man enters the 22nd Budokai.
Peter gets completely speed-blitzed, unfortunately.

He'd destroy everyone other than Roshi prior to the 21st Budokai, though.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat May 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Kaboom wrote:As cool as he is, he gets by mostly on a combination of luck and Spider-Sense, then loses once he's up against people who are powerful enough to blow up the moon.
I dunno, that sounds like selling him short. 15 tons is a pretty good amount of the weight that dead Buu arc Goku had trouble with. He's fast enough to keep up, and has a Spider-Sense where most everybody can't sense ki yet.

Of course, that is part of why I specified it was at the Budokai and not a fight to the death, but still.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Spider-Man isn't even close to being "fast enough to keep up" with guys that make a habit out of using their speed to disappear and create illusions of themselves.