The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TobyS » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:04 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Roshi fought Jiren for longer than 2 sec so I don't know what you're talking about. The power-scaling is pretty garbage in both versions.
Ffs how many times do we have to go over this.
It's a no kill tournament.
The power gap between roshi and Jiren is fucking irrelevant.
Jiren has to inherently throw roshi tier punches in this situation.
Roshi uses psudeo UI to dodge those roshi tier punches.
Jiren throws slightly stronger blows to compensate and knocks him out instantly out never having been in danger himself.

Anime fans have to manufacture this trumped up charge because outside some screwiness with black Vs vegeta the manga power scaling is a trillion times better and they can't just admit they enjoy the visual spectacle and dumber, less toriyama esque version of the story without having to justify it.
Buddy maybe read the post, I said that both anime and manga had garbage scaling, stop lumping me into your pretty categories, I don't fit in any. And why are you replying to me, didn't you tell me in the past that you aren't listening to my posts because I won't blindly hate on anything made by Toei like you do?

Also you speak for nobody but yourself, you don't know why people like the anime, don't pretend you have some superior knowledge and can speak for everyone.
You said it's bad in both versions and cited one piece of imo bad evidence which I argued against.
I think it's dishonest to pretend they are equally bad in that specific regard and I think it's fair to assume the only motivation to go out of your way to disagree with Noah on that would be out of some loyalty to the anime.

Did I say I'd not listen to your posts in the past? I don't know, I have no literally no idea who you are.

I usually only remember people by their Sig and avatar if at all.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:20 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 pm

Jiren throws slightly stronger blows to compensate and knocks him out instantly out never having been in danger himself.

Anime fans have to manufacture this trumped up charge because outside some screwiness with black Vs vegeta the manga power scaling is a trillion times better and they can't just admit they enjoy the visual spectacle and dumber, less toriyama esque version of the story without having to justify it.
Buddy maybe read the post, I said that both anime and manga had garbage scaling, stop lumping me into your pretty categories, I don't fit in any. And why are you replying to me, didn't you tell me in the past that you aren't listening to my posts because I won't blindly hate on anything made by Toei like you do?

Also you speak for nobody but yourself, you don't know why people like the anime, don't pretend you have some superior knowledge and can speak for everyone.
You said it's bad in both versions and cited one piece of imo bad evidence which I argued against.
I think it's dishonest to pretend they are equally bad in that specific regard and I think it's fair to assume the only motivation to go out of your way to disagree with Noah on that would be out of some loyalty to the anime.

Did I say I'd not listen to your posts in the past? I don't know, I have no literally no idea who you are.

I usually only remember people by their Sig and avatar if at all.
Whatever, let's just leave this behind, Anime vs. Manga debates are too tiresome and annoying and plus I'll admit it's out of topic.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:08 pm Who's the strongest character a potential Super Saiyan 3, God and Blue Kefla could defeat?
Manga SS3 Kefla defeats Gohan, Golden Freeza, FP Toppo and Blue Kaioken Goku
Manga SSG Kefla defeats SSBE Vegeta, Sign Goku, forces Jiren to fight seriously, SS Broly and SS Gogeta.
Manga SSB Kefla loses to FP Jiren and UI Goku

For the anime, if we use Gogeta to compare, Kefla needs SS to be on a tired Goku's blue level, while Gogeta already in base is at that well-rested level. So objectively speaking, she should be somewhat weaker than Gogeta. So her SSB probably can't beat FPSS Broly, or it can but at a greater risk.
Based on this, I'd say with SSB she beats everybody but UI Goku, Shirtless Jiren, SSB Gogeta and FPSS Broly.
With SSG she beats everybody but the listed above + 3rd Sign Goku, still-dressed FP Jiren and Vermouth.
SS3 Kefla beats everybody but SS Broly, SS Gogeta, Hakaishin Toppo, SSBE Vegeta and 7-aura Jiren.

--
Considering how much more effective or stronger Goku becomes when using his complete UI, who can RoF UI Goku defeat from DBS?

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:16 pm
Noah wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:08 pm Who's the strongest character a potential Super Saiyan 3, God and Blue Kefla could defeat?
Manga SS3 Kefla defeats Gohan, Golden Freeza, FP Toppo and Blue Kaioken Goku
Manga SSG Kefla defeats SSBE Vegeta, Sign Goku, forces Jiren to fight seriously, SS Broly and SS Gogeta.
Manga SSB Kefla loses to FP Jiren and UI Goku

For the anime, if we use Gogeta to compare, Kefla needs SS to be on a tired Goku's blue level, while Gogeta already in base is at that well-rested level. So objectively speaking, she should be somewhat weaker than Gogeta. So her SSB probably can't beat FPSS Broly, or it can but at a greater risk.
Based on this, I'd say with SSB she beats everybody but UI Goku, Shirtless Jiren, SSB Gogeta and FPSS Broly.
With SSG she beats everybody but the listed above + 3rd Sign Goku, still-dressed FP Jiren and Vermouth.
SS3 Kefla beats everybody but SS Broly, SS Gogeta, Hakaishin Toppo, SSBE Vegeta and 7-aura Jiren.

--
Considering how much more effective or stronger Goku becomes when using his complete UI, who can RoF UI Goku defeat from DBS?
coming from someone who initially disliked the OP nature of the U6 saiyan girls, you are seriously low balling them. I'm gonna have quite a lengthy break down of my logic for this. I don't usually get involved in power scaling disucssions, and if it seems some of my sentences seem patronising it's not intended to its more to keep it simple for my own benefit in making sure my logic is simple. But I am going to explain why a Blue Kefla wins the TOP with so much ease.

SS2 Kefla was laughing about UI sign Goku's punches for a while and even then with his UI dodging skimmed his hair with her final frenzy of blasts suggesting she was almost but not quite fast enough to hit him.

The jump from SS2 to the God forms is an obscene leap in the unfused saiyans.

Kefla's' fusion compatibility managed to put her into striking down Blue Kaioken Goku (yes he was tired, but still majorly strong which I will get to).

Goku seemed to think that Vegito would've been pointless againsnt beerus in BOG which I know is just speculation since they never tried it but you have to think that he probably retained memory of the scope of his fused power, and felt the strength that Beerus had used against him. This reference strength was obviously a very very restrained Beerus.

When he became Beerus and fought against him he forced Beerus into releasing more power. So his SSG performed better than he felt Vegito could've. (his SSG got stronger as the fight went on)

So we have initial SSG Goku > Vegito without god Ki
Likewise we have Kefla without God Ki > SSB Kaioken Goku.

We don't know the multiplier used being used by Goku of the kaioken at that instance. But when he first unleashed it in the U6 tournament he was using 10x, obviously with strain at the time. Roll onto his initial fight against Jiren they have him using Kaioken without any seeming strain on his body, and the big reveal that he was already using x20. In his Later fight against Jiren he was using Kaioken again without it ever showing strain. So I'm going to say it was likely due to his mastery he was using x20 against Kefla.

This would sorta be logical as he had gone all out previously when activating UI the first time. So the picture therefore is more

Kefla without God ki > SSB Kaioken x 20 Goku > Initial Bog SSG Goku > Vegito without God Ki

It's not explicitly stated in the anime how much stronger SSB is to SSG, but guess we have manga U6 as closest point of reference in that Vegeta's blue at 1/10 strentgh was performing worse than SSG goku. So we can presume it to be less than a 10x multiplier. But we can also see it forced Kefla to transform from base when Goku went blue. his blue performance vs SS kefla seemed a bit more balanced than his SSG getting speed blitzed by her base. So probably greater than a 2x multiplier transforming from SSG to SSB.

So for my most outrageous moment in my power scaling feat I'm going to say SSB is about 5 time stronger than SSG due to that better performance of Goku.

So then ignoring all the gains in strength Goku made with his God Ki throughout super we are saying that Kefla without God ki is beating a Goku who is ~ 100x stronger than he was when he first achieved SSG. That SSG puts up a better fight than Goku felt Vegito would be able to. To be fair we will say that even though he was comparing it to his SS vegito instead of the ceiling of what Vegito could've done (SS2/SS3)

We will now address the tired goku angle. I would say that him being able to access blue kaioken would mean that he had recovered greatly. We've seen actual drained Goku unable to transform/drop out of forms (aftermath of Zamasu fight him and vegeta can't sustain blue before calling zeno) so would say based on his recovery to use SSB KKx20 and excitement for battle that he probably had recovered at least half of his stamina back.

So we roughly can say that Kefla in her fusion due to the compatibility of Kale and Caulifla have a fusion boost that puts them at minimum 50x greater than Vegito in equivalent forms. Again this is lowballing due to ignoring all those gains he had made with God Ki in super and it doesn't even address just simply how initially the leap in power when becoming SSG was a realm of power Goku couldn't comprehend.

So we have Kefla who is low balled here with being 50 x greater than Vegito. We also have statements saying that Portara > Fusion dance with regards to power. But to again lowball I will say it is equal strength equivalent.

we then have Kefla being 50 x greater than Gogeta in equiavlent forms. So we are going to say that a SSB Kefla wipes the floor with SSB Gogeta. Broly is just shitting himself 50 x greater than he was when he realised Gogeta's power.

Gogeta was beating up Broly as a regular SS. Broly pretty much shit himself when he realised blue Gogeta's power. Kefla is terrifying him on a whole different level.

Now back to the Tournament of Power with UI Goku and Jiren.

Jiren is regarded to be stronger than Broly by some fans, others have it more equal. The only quantifiers we have is that they were both too strong for Goku and Vegeta fighting together, and also the lines about Jiren > Belmoud and Goku querying whether Broly > Beerus. I think that Jiren is definitely stronger than Broly.

I say because of the mentioned scenes showing SS Gogeta beating up Broly, the SSB portion was complete overkill based on Broly's fear. I don't think I'd expect to see SS Gogeta beat up Jiren in the same way.

So then its down to even if you think Jiren could beat SSB gogeta, it doesn't seem feasible that he would beat up someone at least 50x stronger than that.

UI Goku at the end of the TOP was stronger than Jiren but once Jiren powered up it was still an even fight. so I don't think UI Goku gives the impression of being 50x stronger than Jiren by then. current information with UI in the recent chapters seem to state that he is pretty low down on the UI ladder so it's not quite as incredible and perfect as we initially perceived it to be.

I would probably say that the Gains Goku made with UI in the moro arc would be significant and be able to surpass a SSB Kefla.

but I've been writing this post for a ridiculously long time and it is late so I will stop here. Hopefully my logic sounds reasonable and hasn't been too long/arduous to follow.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:33 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:08 pm Interesting, I may prefer the anime a lot over the manga, but I enjoy how the power scale there is better than the anime. Boohan still a formidable foe to these days, while in the anime SSJ Cabba could probably match Vegetto (almost puked while writing this) :sick:
Roshi fought Jiren for longer than 2 sec so I don't know what you're talking about. The power-scaling is pretty garbage in both versions.

Lol.

There are more issues like Kefla still being inferior to Goku after Kale wasn't that much weaker than him.

But the worse thing it introduces is the stupidity that is Blue's stamina problems. Vegeta couldn't even use 10% of his power just because he transformed a second time and also needed the switch technique to just keep Blue's power from dropping later on. How the hell did Goku outlasted Golden Freeza in RoF with this kind of handicap? Why did Black suffer none of it?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 pm we then have Kefla being 50 x greater than Gogeta in equiavlent forms. So we are going to say that a SSB Kefla wipes the floor with SSB Gogeta.

[...]

Gogeta was beating up Broly as a regular SS. Broly pretty much shit himself when he realised blue Gogeta's power. Kefla is terrifying him on a whole different level.
While I don’t have any problem with someone believing Kafla is stronger than Gogeta in that movie, I question the reason behind such a gap.

If we assume Super Saiyan boosts Gogeta exactly as every unfused Saiyan, that would make Base Kafla as strong as SS Gogeta, wouldn’t it?

Despite that, Base Kafla is portrayed as between SSG and SSB, while SS Gogeta is at least paired with SS Broly, who can beat not one, but two SSB at the same time.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:57 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 am
Krillin1994 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 pm we then have Kefla being 50 x greater than Gogeta in equiavlent forms. So we are going to say that a SSB Kefla wipes the floor with SSB Gogeta.

[...]

While I don’t have any problem with someone believing Kafla is stronger than Gogeta in that movie, I question the reason behind such a gap.

If we assume Super Saiyan boosts Gogeta exactly as every unfused Saiyan, that would make Base Kafla as strong as SS Gogeta, wouldn’t it?

Despite that, Base Kafla is portrayed as between SSG and SSB, while SS Gogeta is at least paired with SS Broly, who can beat not one, but two SSB at the same time.
is the basic SS=50x multiplier a strict rule in this modern age with Mastery of SS being a thing. SS on namek does not equal FPSS during cell games. I took it more that the 50x boost was the initial scope of what the form could do.

Trunks trained his SS2 form more so than other Saiyans and brought out more of it due to them having other available forms.

So I think that we can only really gauge characters from their peak forms rather than comparing like for like.

other examples see

SS Vegeta > SS Cabba due to Vegeta having greater mastery of that form.

Tired Goku base outperforming SS Caulifla for a while

Hence me broadly working on ceiling of powers for the characters rather than all the different forms (hence me ignoring the SS3 Kefla and SSG Kefla aspect only focusing on her peak power in Blue)

I do think Gogeta's performance as SS against Broly would see him win in that form. I take his SSB as a total showing off (in character for canon fusion dance characters and canon for previous fusion of Goku/Vegeta).

So to say that Gogeta could get more of a boost when in initial SS than Kefla would turning SS from base due to having two Saiyans that had spent over a decade totally mastering that form.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 am

I’m not against the idea, but if you think Gogeta has a better command over Super Saiyan than Kafla, wouldn’t that make him stronger in your opinion?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:33 pm

Lol.

There are more issues like Kefla still being inferior to Goku after Kale wasn't that much weaker than him.

But the worse thing it introduces is the stupidity that is Blue's stamina problems. Vegeta couldn't even use 10% of his power just because he transformed a second time and also needed the switch technique to just keep Blue's power from dropping later on. How the hell did Goku outlasted Golden Freeza in RoF with this kind of handicap? Why did Black suffer none of it?
Kale was a lot weaker.
Goku is roughly about golden Freeza level (how battered they both are when he picks him up) and golden Freeza confirms he was sandbagging and didn't need gokus help.
Universe 7 is trying to preserve their ki and stamina throughout the top.
Gohan then stalemates kefla and is still said to be weaker than Blueku.

The stamina thing is fine for three reasons.
1. We don't see how rof played out in the manga at all so that aspect is irrelevant to bring up.
2. All it takes is golds stamina drain to be worse than blues and it's the same difference.
3. It's explicitly said turning blue off and on again was draining. Manga RoF Goku could have just turned it on once.

Black doesn't turn it on and off and he's fucking weird and different as a native god ki user with a kaios soul anyway.

There's no contradiction there you see grasping.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:43 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 am I’m not against the idea, but if you think Gogeta has a better command over Super Saiyan than Kafla, wouldn’t that make him stronger in your opinion?
I think I maybe destroyed my own argument hahaha, I'll need to rethink and get back to you.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:35 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:33 pm

Lol.

Kale was a lot weaker.
Goku is roughly about golden Freeza level (how battered they both are when he picks him up) and golden Freeza confirms he was sandbagging and didn't need gokus help.
Universe 7 is trying to preserve their ki and stamina throughout the top.
Gohan then stalemates kefla and is still said to be weaker than Blueku.

The stamina thing is fine for three reasons.
1. We don't see how rof played out in the manga at all so that aspect is irrelevant to bring up.
2. All it takes is golds stamina drain to be worse than blues and it's the same difference.
3. It's explicitly said turning blue off and on again was draining. Manga RoF Goku could have just turned it on once.

Black doesn't turn it on and off and he's fucking weird and different as a native god ki user with a kaios soul anyway.

There's no contradiction there you see grasping.
Kale wasn't that weaker. Freeza needed to fight seriously to beat her. You don't go serious for someone half as strong as you for example.

The fusion boost should put her above Goku.

RoF film is canon to the manga. No ifs or buts.

The drain for Blue is really bad. Vegeta couldn't even use Blue for longer than a few seconds without losing power (Switch technique). So it outlasting Golden Freeza is ridiculous and clearly a plothole.

Black being a god being the reason why the drain doesn't happen is simply headcanon. The only distinction made was the color of the transformation.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:44 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:35 am The drain for Blue is really bad. Vegeta couldn't even use Blue for longer than a few seconds without losing power (Switch technique). So it outlasting Golden Freeza is ridiculous and clearly a plothole.
The stamina expense of the prolonged use of SSB is nowhere near the expense required to activate the transformation a second time.

We saw SSB Vegeta comfortably facing Black pre and post zenkai without any complaints regarding him losing too much energy, he just ate a senzu after being overpowered and taking damage. The main problem has always been that activating the transformation a second time was a problem (since this act alone seems to prevent the user from benefiting from Blue's absolute full power, but not to the point that he is unable to use the transformation or performing at a high level). We never really saw Black use the SSJ Rosé more than once in the same fight in the manga

Goku and Vegeta could still have outlasted Freeza as long as they kept transformed all the time (in the movie that's what they do btw). Which means that Golden form’s energy expenditure is just worse

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:43 am
Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 am I’m not against the idea, but if you think Gogeta has a better command over Super Saiyan than Kafla, wouldn’t that make him stronger in your opinion?
I think I maybe destroyed my own argument hahaha, I'll need to rethink and get back to you.
It’s okay. I’m trying to figure out what is my current stance in this topic too.

I generally have SS Gogeta in the same vicinity as SS Kafla, because both are portrayed as stronger than SSB Goku, but I can’t decide right now which one is stronger.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:00 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:44 am
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:35 am The drain for Blue is really bad. Vegeta couldn't even use Blue for longer than a few seconds without losing power (Switch technique). So it outlasting Golden Freeza is ridiculous and clearly a plothole.
The stamina expense of the prolonged use of SSB is nowhere near the expense required to activate the transformation a second time.

We saw SSB Vegeta comfortably facing Black pre and post zenkai without any complaints regarding him losing too much energy, he just ate a senzu after being overpowered and taking damage. The main problem has always been that activating the transformation a second time was a problem (since this act alone seems to prevent the user from benefiting from Blue's absolute full power, but not to the point that he is unable to use the transformation or performing at a high level). We never really saw Black use the SSJ Rosé more than once in the same fight in the manga

Goku and Vegeta could still have outlasted Freeza as long as they kept transformed all the time (in the movie that's what they do btw). Which means that Golden form’s energy expenditure is just worse
No.

Vegeta needed to switch between Blue and God because being in Incomplete Blue for a prolonged time will reduced his power significantly. That's the whole point of the switch technique.

Goku even says they can only use the Incomplete Blue's full power for only a short while after activating it. It's a really bad transformation.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:53 pm

Show me a quote from Toyo or Toriyama where they explicitly say
"The rof movie happened exactly the same as the movie even though Base/God isn't a thing ever again in the manga"
And not a generic editors note like "see the rest of the story in the movie in theatres now"
The RoF movie is a direct sequel to the BoG movie and that isn't canon to the manga.

The other user is correct, even if Blues drain is bad, it's still specifically noted that turning it off and on again is exceptionally bad, and again, it still only needs to be better than gold, not great.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:00 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:00 pm
Vegeta needed to switch between Blue and God because being in Incomplete Blue for a prolonged time will reduced his power significantly. That's the whole point of the switch technique.

Goku even says they can only use the Incomplete Blue's full power for only a short while after activating it. It's a really bad transformation.
What brings the Super Saiyan Blue's power down to 10% in the first place is the user activating the transformation in succession more than once. The cost of stamina while the user is just staying in the form is not nearly the same. One of the points highlighted by Goku in CH 22 is precisely the fact that Vegeta is able to do this several times without getting exhausted. The manga reinforces that energy expenditure alone was not the problem for Vegeta (as long as he didn’t activate the form more than once) when his performance facing post zenkai SSJ Black (with SSB activated since the start of the fight, even before Zamasu's arrival) is the same as when he eats the senzu (which regained his power).That would not have been possible if his power had dropped dramatically during the fight

In fact, the true power of Blue (CSSB) is also not achieved by Vegeta even with the switch method, which implies that the act of transforming / releasing the aura (which happened even with him using the form for brief moments) is what prevents the user to use the maximum capacity of this form from the start.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:00 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:00 pm

What brings the Super Saiyan Blue's power down to 10% in the first place is the user activating the transformation in succession more than once. The cost of stamina while the user is just staying in the form is not nearly the same. One of the points highlighted by Goku in CH 22 is precisely the fact that Vegeta is able to do this several times without getting exhausted. The manga reinforces that energy expenditure alone was not the problem for Vegeta (as long as he didn’t activate the form more than once) when his performance facing post zenkai SSJ Black (with SSB activated since the start of the fight, even before Zamasu's arrival) is the same as when he eats the senzu (which regained his power).That would not have been possible if his power had dropped dramatically during the fight

In fact, the true power of Blue (CSSB) is also not achieved by Vegeta even with the switch method, which implies that the act of transforming / releasing the aura (which happened even with him using the form for brief moments) is what prevents the user to use the maximum capacity of this form from the start.
It might not be as severe as 10% but it's still significant enough that Vegeta needs the switch technique to even fight Black.

It's also significant in the Hit fight since Goku refused to use Blue until the moment he knew it was a big opening to do so, why? Because using Blue for long is simply not an option.

This whole nonsense makes RoF impossible to happen the way the movie shows. Nowhere in the film does anyone say Goku or Vegeta are losing power faster than normal in Blue.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:54 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm It might not be as severe as 10% but it's still significant enough that Vegeta needs the switch technique to even fight Black.

It's also significant in the Hit fight since Goku refused to use Blue until the moment he knew it was a big opening to do so, why? Because using Blue for long is simply not an option.
Vegeta was weaker than Black before RoSaT, and that's not even counting SSJ Rosé.

The switch strategy allowed him to maximize Blue's power as close to its 100% as possible by using it for only a brief moment (as Goku said, ''he let it explodes when he needs it''), so the point was never how long he was able to keep Blue (since that was not the reason he was defeated in the previous fight), it was about being able to access more of the form's true power (allowing him to overcome Black). The whole point of their training to improve SSB is based on this principle. He needed the switch thing, but not to prevent the transformation from dropping in the middle of the fight / weakening him too much, it was about him extracting more power from the transformation.

There was also no reason for Goku to use Blue during the fight against Hit, since SSG was more than enough to overcome his strength. SSB was only necessary when Hit used his full power (which was above SSG's power), and Goku himself describes using Blue in the end as the same strategy that Vegeta used against Black (maximizing Blue's power), with the difference that he could only do this once.
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm This whole nonsense makes RoF impossible to happen the way the movie shows. Nowhere in the film does anyone say Goku or Vegeta are losing power faster than normal in Blue.
Obviously this whole thing was created specifically for the manga since the film never implied anything like that. But the point is that even if you take that into account, it is still possible for Goku / Vegeta to be able to outlast Golden Freeza considering that keeping Blue active was never the biggest problem (not like SSJ3, for example). The RoF movie should not be considered at face value for the manga because the movie at its core already has things that inevitably changed in DBS (like Goku and Vegeta being able to defeat Beerus). And since the mechanics of the manga in some ways are significantly different (like how Blue works) and we’ve never seen the full version of RoF in the manga anyway, the most likely conclusion is that things just took a different turn (and it didn't even needs to be that different)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:08 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:54 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm It might not be as severe as 10% but it's still significant enough that Vegeta needs the switch technique to even fight Black.

Vegeta was weaker than Black before RoSaT, and that's not even counting SSJ Rosé.

The switch strategy allowed him to maximize Blue's power as close to its 100% as possible by using it for only a brief moment (as Goku said, ''he let it explodes when he needs it''), so the point was never how long he was able to keep Blue (since that was not the reason he was defeated in the previous fight), it was about being able to access more of the form's true power (allowing him to overcome Black). The whole point of their training to improve SSB is based on this principle. He needed the switch thing, but not to prevent the transformation from dropping in the middle of the fight / weakening him too much, it was about him extracting more power from the transformation.

There was also no reason for Goku to use Blue during the fight against Hit, since SSG was more than enough to overcome his strength. SSB was only necessary when Hit used his full power (which was above SSG's power), and Goku himself describes using Blue in the end as the same strategy that Vegeta used against Black (maximizing Blue's power), with the difference that he could only do this once.
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm This whole nonsense makes RoF impossible to happen the way the movie shows. Nowhere in the film does anyone say Goku or Vegeta are losing power faster than normal in Blue.
Obviously this whole thing was created specifically for the manga since the film never implied anything like that. But the point is that even if you take that into account, it is still possible for Goku / Vegeta to be able to outlast Golden Freeza considering that keeping Blue active was never the biggest problem (not like SSJ3, for example). The RoF movie should not be considered at face value for the manga because the movie at its core already has things that inevitably changed in DBS (like Goku and Vegeta being able to defeat Beerus). And since the mechanics of the manga in some ways are significantly different (like how Blue works) and we’ve never seen the full version of RoF in the manga anyway, the most likely conclusion is that things just took a different turn (and it didn't even needs to be that different)
It was never about getting more power out of Blue. That's Completed Blue and Vegeta only did that after the FT arc.

It's about stamina, Vegeta needed the switch technique so his stamina doesnt decrease because staying in Blue does that. There's no way around this fact.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:15 am

Zamasu vs. Moro