The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Tenshinhan's Kikoho on Nappa vs Gohan's Masenko on Nappa. Beam struggle.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:57 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Tenshinhan's Kikoho on Nappa vs Gohan's Masenko on Nappa. Beam struggle.
Gohan because the Masenko was treated as a bigger deal than the Kikoho.

Pan (28th Budokai) vs. Perfect Cell

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Analytic wrote:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Tenshinhan's Kikoho on Nappa vs Gohan's Masenko on Nappa. Beam struggle.
Gohan because the Masenko was treated as a bigger deal than the Kikoho.

Pan has feats in GT that put her in SSJ2 Buu saga range.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Android 21 (Cell absorbed) vs SSJ Rose Black (scythe)

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: 1. How strong would a Golden Frost be, and who would be the strongest person he would defeat?
Weaker than Golden Frieza. He would probably be able to beat Buu saga ssj Vegito or initially SSG Goku.
2. How strong would Krillin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Android 18 be if they had trained with Whis? I'd imagine 18 and Krillin being the strongest of the four, but would Yamcha and Ten be at least, at the very least be stronger than most Buu Saga characters? First talk about Krillin, then 18, then Yamcha, then Ten.
I think the humans would be right below current base Goku and 18 would reach SSB tier.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm

kn83 wrote:
Analytic wrote:Pan (28th Budokai) vs. Perfect Cell
Pan has feats in GT that put her in SSJ2 Buu saga range.
Yes, but I believe he's talking about 4 years old Pan who is featless, so I don't see why she is being compared to Perfect Cell.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Analytic wrote:Pan (28th Budokai) vs. Perfect Cell
I'd say EoZ Pan has absolutely no chance. Her "feat" is comically beating EoZ Goten (base form), who most likely isn't all that strong himself (still at his post-time chamber Buu arc level or maybe lower due to not taking training seriously). Namek Frieza would be one hell of a challenge for her, never mind Perfect Cell.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:27 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Yes, but I believe he's talking about 4 years old Pan who is featless, so I don't see why she is being compared to Perfect Cell.
Is it really so unreasonable? Goten and Trunks with minimal training were almost as strong as Teen Gohan, who was astronomically stronger than Goku at that age. Don't forget that she's the daughter of Ultimate Gohan, and even trains with Goku.

(Not saying any of that is proof of her strength, but I don't think her being at Perfect Cell's level is so much of a stretch, either.)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:42 pm

Analytic wrote:Is it really so unreasonable? Goten and Trunks with minimal training were almost as strong as Teen Gohan, who was astronomically stronger than Goku at that age. Don't forget that she's the daughter of Ultimate Gohan, and even trains with Goku.

(Not saying any of that is proof of her strength, but I don't think her being at Perfect Cell's level is so much of a stretch, either.)
Base Goten and Trunks would probably lose to Teen Gohan. Being the daughter of 'Ultimate' Gohan doesn't mean much, Pan was never treated as a child prodigy or to have inherited her father potential. It's a lot of stretch for her being at such level with just 4 years old.

by Doctor.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:52 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Base Goten and Trunks would probably lose to Teen Gohan. Being the daughter of 'Ultimate' Gohan doesn't mean much, Pan was never treated as a child prodigy or to have inherited her father potential. It's a lot of stretch for her being at such level with just 4 years old.
Goten alone provided a near even match for Gohan in their sparring sessions, and Gohan feared being outstripped by Goten and Trunks. And that’s with almost no training. Pan actually trains with Goku, and would have a lot of potential just by virtue of being a Saiyan/Earthling hybrid (stated by Vegeta to be a powerful combination). I think it’s more of a stretch to argue that Pan barely inherited any potential from her father than to argue that she is as strong as Perfect Cell (who’s not even a relevant power by the End of Z).

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:45 am

Analytic wrote: Pan (28th Budokai) vs. Perfect Cell
Pan is completely featless and her only statement is Goku saying she would go far on the 28th Budokai. She is strong, but Perfect Cell is too much for her. I think she definitely would beat Freeza though.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:I think she definitely would beat Freeza though.
That's also a bit of stretch, Freeza is durable as hell, can trap her with his psychokinetic powers and could simply blow her up alongside the planet.
Analytic wrote:Goten alone provided a near even match for Gohan in their sparring sessions, and Gohan feared being outstripped by Goten and Trunks. And that’s with almost no training. Pan actually trains with Goku, and would have a lot of potential just by virtue of being a Saiyan/Earthling hybrid (stated by Vegeta to be a powerful combination). I think it’s more of a stretch to argue that Pan barely inherited any potential from her father than to argue that she is as strong as Perfect Cell (who’s not even a relevant power by the End of Z).
Oh sorry, when you said "Teen Gohan" I thought you meant Cell Games Gohan, when he was on his peak, but anyway we don't know how much Pan have trained with Goku and how much potential she has (only taking into account the original manga), and it's not a strech to argue that, because there's no source providing otherwise.

Perfect Cell battle power is not revelant when we take Super into account, for years fans still thought that Base Saiyans were far from that level, even in EoZ.

by Doctor.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:*New Fights*

1. GoD Toppo vs Ssj2 Kefla?
2. Kkx20 Goku vs Aniraza?
3.SSBE Vegeta vs Goku Black and Golden Frieza?
4. Bergamo vs SS17?
5. Goku (GT, After Fusing Dbs, 100 years later) vs Ssjgod Goku?
- In a death match, God Toppo destroys her easily. If he fought her in the tournament, I am not entirely sure he'd win but it'd be likely.
- Goku wins.
- Vegeta one-shots them both at the same time.
- SS17?
- No idea.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Analytic wrote:
Cell casually one shots. Pan has done nothing but beat a rusty base Goten who may or may not of been serious.
jeffbr92 wrote:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:I think she definitely would beat Freeza though.
That's also a bit of stretch, Freeza is durable as hell, can trap her with his psychokinetic powers and could simply blow her up alongside the planet.
Exactly. There is no reason to say she could beat Frieza other than power creep. I've seen people say the snake in ep1 of Super can beat Raditz because it gave Goten and Trunks trouble. That clearly isn't supposed to be the case, and same thing here.

Pan<<<<<base BoG Goku<Frieza<<<Cell

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Tenshinhan's Kikoho on Nappa vs Gohan's Masenko on Nappa. Beam struggle.
Masenko most likely wins if it's the weaker one-handed Kikoho that we saw in the actual series.

Kikoho wins if it's a hypothetical full-power version from when Tenshinhan still had both his arms intact.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:48 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:That's also a bit of stretch, Freeza is durable as hell, can trap her with his psychokinetic powers and could simply blow her up alongside the planet.
That means nothing if your opponent can blink you away though. There is almost nothing talking about her power though, that was only a educated guess. I'm inclined towards Pan being quite strong since she is Gohan's daughter.
dragon boss z wrote:Exactly. There is no reason to say she could beat Frieza other than power creep. I've seen people say the snake in ep1 of Super can beat Raditz because it gave Goten and Trunks trouble. That clearly isn't supposed to be the case, and same thing here.

Pan<<<<<base BoG Goku<Frieza<<<Cell
EoZ Base Goku held off Oob, who has Pure Boo's power. Even SPC would be one shoted into oblivion by thia Base Goku, let alone Freeza.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:EoZ Base Goku held off Oob, who has Pure Boo's power. Even SPC would be one shoted into oblivion by thia Base Goku, let alone Freeza.
Assumption only. Putting Super aside, there's no proof that the Base Saiyans got stronger than Cell, let alone Oob who couldn't control his own power being already Kid Boo level.

by Doctor.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
EoZ Base Goku held off Oob, who has Pure Boo's power. Even SPC would be one shoted into oblivion by thia Base Goku, let alone Freeza.
EoZ Goku could kill Pan by breathing so I don't see why bringing him up helps your case. And just because Uub is Buu's reincarnation doesn't mean he starts out with all of his power, though it's possible.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 pm

jeffbr92 wrote: Assumption only. Putting Super aside, there's no proof that the Base Saiyans got stronger than Cell, let alone Oob who couldn't control his own power being already Kid Boo level.
Goku was expecting Oob to be at least stronger than Mr Boo:

Chapter: 518 (DBZ 324), P6.5
Goku: “…But someone besides us and Boo might win.”
Satan: “Hahhahhah, now really! There’s no way that could happen, right?”

This is also some evidence of Base Goku > Mr Boo as the "No Super Saiyan rule" should still be a thing.

At the Budokai, Goku fights Oon and taunts him to make him use his true power. After the fight Goku says this:
Goku: "You’re exactly the person I thought you were. As amazin’ as I expected. But you don’t know how to use your power."

He was expecting someone absurdely powerful, even stronger than Mr Boo is, and he confirms Oob is the strong person he was looking for after fighting him in base.
dragon boss z wrote:EoZ Goku could kill Pan by breathing so I don't see why bringing him up helps your case. And just because Uub is Buu's reincarnation doesn't mean he starts out with all of his power, though it's possible.
I'm actually responding to the chain were you said EoZ Goku was still weaker than Freeza. Pan indeed is far, far weaker than Goku, but this wouldn't make her weaker than Freeza. There is a lot of room between Freeza and EoZ Goku.

He doesn't start with all of his power, but he can acess it via rage boosts. Gohan was doing the same as a kid the whole time.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:11 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Goku was expecting Oob to be at least stronger than Mr Boo:

Chapter: 518 (DBZ 324), P6.5
Goku: “…But someone besides us and Boo might win.”
Satan: “Hahhahhah, now really! There’s no way that could happen, right?”

This is also some evidence of Base Goku > Mr Boo as the "No Super Saiyan rule" should still be a thing.

At the Budokai, Goku fights Oon and taunts him to make him use his true power. After the fight Goku says this:
Goku: "You’re exactly the person I thought you were. As amazin’ as I expected. But you don’t know how to use your power."

In the first stance Goku was expecting Oob to be stronger than him and the others.

There's no evidence, just another assumption of yours, IIRC the "No SSJ rule" was not mentioned in the final chapter.

In the second stance Goku confirms that Oob is the person he was looking for: the reincarnation of Boo, but yet doesn't know how to use his power. (Meaning he might be far from Boo full power).

by Doctor.