The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:37 pm

Taingo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:32 pm Piccolo fused with Kami vs Future Androids 17 & 18

I think Piccolo takes this one, but with some difficulty.
I don't think that Piccolo (Kami & Nail Assimilated) from the Imperfect Cell Saga would have needed to take off his Weighted Clothing in order to have been able to defeat Future Android 18 and Future Android 17, as Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 would have held back far too much of their very own respective Power Levels from Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 being far too cocky to have taken Piccolo (Kami & Nail Assimilated) from the Imperfect Cell Saga seriously.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:44 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 am Let me offer some more versus matches.

Ginyu arc Goku (maintainable Kaioken x20), Freeza arc Gohan (enraged after final zenkai), and Piccolo (post Nail fusion) vs 3rd form Freeza

Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks vs Vegetto (equalised power levels without transformations or Kaioken)

Champa arc SSJ3 Goku vs Future Zamasu (manga; no immortality)
1) Son Goku had a Power Level of 90,000 in his base form when he had faced-off against most of the members of the Ginyu Force in the Captain Ginyu Saga, a hypothetical Son Goku (20X Kaioken) from the Captain Ginyu Saga's Power Level would have been 1,800,000. Slightly higher than that of Third Form Frieza's Power Level, as I think that Third Form Frieza's Power Level would have been 1,590,000.

Piccolo Junior (Nail Assimilated) from the Frieza Saga with Weighted Clothing on was slightly stronger than Second Form Frieza and Piccolo Junior (Nail Assimilated) from the Frieza Saga without any Weighted Clothing on was slightly weaker than Third Form Frieza, with Piccolo Junior (Nail Assimilated) from the Trunks Saga having been able to surpass Son Goku from the Frieza Saga's Power Level of 3,000,000.

Son Gohan from the Frieza Saga with his rage boost against Second Form Frieza had been able to defeat Second Form Frieza for a very brief amount of time and Son Gohan from the Frieza Saga with a Zenkai from nearly dying at the hands of Second Form Frieza, and then getting an even further power-up through a rage boost from seeing Piccolo being brutally tortured by Third Form Frieza almost had been able to defeat Third Form Frieza for good with a Full Power Masenko.

So in other words, if Son Goku (20X Kaioken) from the Captain Ginyu Saga, Piccolo Junior (Nail Assimilated) from the Trunks Saga, and Son Gohan from his fight with Third Form Frieza in the Frieza Saga would have fought against Third Form Frieza, then Third Form Frieza would have gotten his ass kicked.

2) Vegito would have kicked Potential Unleashed Son Gohan and Gotenks' very own respective asses, as Vegito is very close to be considered an Alpha Male from Vegito being Son Goku and Vegeta combined while Potential Unleashed Son Gohan and Gotenks are way less skilled than when compared to any of the two parts that make up Vegito.

3) Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku from the Hakaishin Champa Saga would have kicked Present Zamasu's snide ass without any trouble at all, as Son Goku from the Future Trunks Saga wouldn't have been much stronger than his very own Hakaishin Champa Saga counterpart and Present Zamasu was weaker than Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku from the Future Trunks Saga.
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:49 pm

SSj3 Cellku (Potara fusion of Buu Saga Goku and Super Perfect Cell) vs. Kid Buu
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:49 pm SSj3 Cellku (Potara fusion of Buu Saga Goku and Super Perfect Cell) vs. Kid Buu
Son Cellku wouldn't have needed to use Full Power Super Saiyan in order for him to defeat Kid Buu (Base Form), as Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku from the Majin Buu Saga was slightly stronger than Kid Buu (Base Form) to begin with and Super Perfect Cell would have been able to defeat Kid Buu (Base Form) with a single use of the Neo Tri-Beam.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:22 pm

Zenkaigoose's Top 10 most powerful women video made want to ask this:

1) Buu arc Videl vs one Saibaiman
-if Videl wins, can she take more than one?

2) Spopovich vs pre-Kaio-sama Goku

3) Spopovich vs Raditz

4) Yamu vs saiyan saga Yamcha

and one nobody answered yet:

5) SSB Gogito (Vegito + Gogeta) vs Daishinkan

zenkaigoose

Post by zenkaigoose » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:22 pm Zenkaigoose's Top 10 most powerful women video made want to ask this:

3) Spopovich vs Raditz

First off thanks for checking out my video ^_^, and second that's a great question omg. I would think Videl could beat Raditz, and if so that's crazy to think about.
Always trying my best to be better

Official Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCFBC2r4eC54ym-QKob3PUTQ

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:57 pm

Thank you Steven Bloodriver for responding to my versus queries. I appreciate the in-depth answers you gave to each one.
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:22 pm Zenkaigoose's Top 10 most powerful women video made want to ask this:

3) Spopovich vs Raditz

1. Videl never seemed to commit herself to intensive training that exceeded the kind of "human limits" we hear Jackie Chun discuss in depth back during the 22nd tournament. She was given a crash course in basic ki manipulation for the purposes of learning how to fly. I doubt her understanding of the human essence and the energy that can be manipulated from it is anywhere near comprehensible standard of practice we see from the average villain subordinate such as Cymbal, the Saibamen or even Freeza's grunts.

I think the only kernel in this apparent... inadequacy of combat training and standards is the fact Videl demonstrated greater aptitutde for flight than Tenshinhan back during the Piccolo Daimou arc. Bukujutsu back then was heavy on the stamina and it wasn't used for long distance travel until the Saiyan arc. Videl was seen travelling thousands of kilometres within a short span of time all on her own. Of course the first and most plausible explanation is that Toriyama simply forgot about Bukujutsu's original intensiveness for using.

2. I'm actually going to side with Spopovich here. We do see him and Yamu producing an aura as they travelled back to Babidi's ship. Aura projection during flight was a residual trait not seen from fighters I believe until we got to the 1000 plus power levels. Individually Goku can't defeat an opponent like this.

3. Difficult to say with this one. We have more feats from Raditz but his power seems like it would be comparable to an enhanced fighter like Spopovich who is battling at a level that's said to exceed one's limits. What might contradict this idea, though, has to do once again with aura emission. I don't think Raditz emitted an aura as he flew. The biggest factor in deciding this match up for myself would be that.

4. The Hakaishin continue to remain enigmatic on the food chain, let alone Daishinkan and his angelic group. I'm definitely of the mindset that Daishinkan would win this without any issues.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:59 pm

3) Spopovich vs Raditz

Saibamen.

Goku

Raditz

Yamcha

The humans just had weird durability, Videl broke his neck.

We don't know the gap between the GP and a regular angel.

I think a single fusion isnºt on whis level but is close to god tier.

A double fusion might be around regular angel tier but I'd get Dai is a tier above that.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:09 pm

Could Jaco defeat a Tenkaichi Budokai winner/runner up?

1)21st TB
Jaco vs Jackie Chun

2) 22nd TB
Jaco vs Kid Goku

3) Jaco vs one Saibaiman
----

4) ToP arc Frost vs Hirudegan

5) We've seen UI Goku put down the strongest foe ever, Moro73, in a couple of blows with a passive approach, hardly trying. We know UI Moro73 is on his level but only for a short amount of time before getting wrecked by his own body.
So, how many big boys could UI Moro defeat in that state before his body fails him? consider that with each blow, Moro's body might be losing precious time in that state, and even steam.

UI Moro73 vs FP Jiren, FP SS Broly, SSB Gogeta, FT arc SSB Vegito
(Can Moro take all of these guys before he runs out of time? how many can he take then? do you think he could also take ToP UI Goku?)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:01 pm

3) Spopovich vs Raditz

1) Lady Videl from the World Tournament Saga would have been comparable to Son Goku from when Son Goku would have met Lady Bulma for the very first time in Dragon Ball, so unless the Saibaman Lady Videl would have been fighting was in fact much weaker than Nappa's very own batch of Saibamen, then Lady Videl would have been killed in an instant by the Saibaman she would have been fighting from the simple fact that the Saibaman Lady Videl would have been fighting would have been very close to being 10 times stronger than her.

2) I really hate the fact that absolutely no one, not even any of the main protagonists, had tried to stop Lady Videl from being beaten to death by Majin Spopovitch in the World Tournament Saga. As it makes all of the Z-Fighters look like a whole bunch of assholes from not even lifting a single finger in order to have stopped an innocent teenage girl from being beaten right into the ground by a very deranged-looking man who would have been very close to being twice her very own size.

However, Son Goku from the Raditz Saga would have been able to defeat Majin Spopovitch without any difficulty whatsoever from the version of Son Goku from the Raditz Saga being more than twice as strong as Majin Spopovitch himself.

3) Raditz would have been able to kill Majin Spopovitch with the absolute most ease and I would have very much enjoyed seeing Raditz beat the everloving snot right out of Majin Spopovitch.

4) Yamcha from the 21st Budokai would have been able to defeat Majin Yamu, so putting an infinitely stronger version of Yamcha up against Majin Yamu would have been overkill beyond imagination.

5) Super Saiyan Blue Gogito would have been hundreds of times stronger than the Grand Priest, so Super Saiyan Blue Gogito would have been able to defeat the Grand Priest with absolutely no problem at all.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:57 pm Thank you Steven Bloodriver for responding to my versus queries. I appreciate the in-depth answers you gave to each one.

3) Spopovich vs Raditz

1. Videl never seemed to commit herself to intensive training that exceeded the kind of "human limits" we hear Jackie Chun discuss in depth back during the 22nd tournament. She was given a crash course in basic ki manipulation for the purposes of learning how to fly. I doubt her understanding of the human essence and the energy that can be manipulated from it is anywhere near comprehensible standard of practice we see from the average villain subordinate such as Cymbal, the Saibamen or even Freeza's grunts.

I think the only kernel in this apparent... inadequacy of combat training and standards is the fact Videl demonstrated greater aptitutde for flight than Tenshinhan back during the Piccolo Daimou arc. Bukujutsu back then was heavy on the stamina and it wasn't used for long distance travel until the Saiyan arc. Videl was seen travelling thousands of kilometres within a short span of time all on her own. Of course the first and most plausible explanation is that Toriyama simply forgot about Bukujutsu's original intensiveness for using.

2. I'm actually going to side with Spopovich here. We do see him and Yamu producing an aura as they travelled back to Babidi's ship. Aura projection during flight was a residual trait not seen from fighters I believe until we got to the 1000 plus power levels. Individually Goku can't defeat an opponent like this.

3. Difficult to say with this one. We have more feats from Raditz but his power seems like it would be comparable to an enhanced fighter like Spopovich who is battling at a level that's said to exceed one's limits. What might contradict this idea, though, has to do once again with aura emission. I don't think Raditz emitted an aura as he flew. The biggest factor in deciding this match up for myself would be that.

4. The Hakaishin continue to remain enigmatic on the food chain, let alone Daishinkan and his angelic group. I'm definitely of the mindset that Daishinkan would win this without any issues.
You're welcome, Lionel.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:09 pm Could Jaco defeat a Tenkaichi Budokai winner/runner up?

1)21st TB
Jaco vs Jackie Chun

2) 22nd TB
Jaco vs Kid Goku

3) Jaco vs one Saibaiman
----

4) ToP arc Frost vs Hirudegan

5) We've seen UI Goku put down the strongest foe ever, Moro73, in a couple of blows with a passive approach, hardly trying. We know UI Moro73 is on his level but only for a short amount of time before getting wrecked by his own body.
So, how many big boys could UI Moro defeat in that state before his body fails him? consider that with each blow, Moro's body might be losing precious time in that state, and even steam.

UI Moro73 vs FP Jiren, FP SS Broly, SSB Gogeta, FT arc SSB Vegito
(Can Moro take all of these guys before he runs out of time? how many can he take then? do you think he could also take ToP UI Goku?)
I think that Jaco would have been able to defeat the absolute most weakest participants of the World Martial Arts Tournament.

1) Jacke Chun would have been able to defeat Jaco with no effort at all.

2) Considering the obvious fact that Son Goku from the Tien Shinhan Saga was stronger than Master Roshi, Jaco would have been defeated in a literal instant by Son Goku from the Tien Shinhan Saga.

3) Jaco would have been killed by the Saibaman he would have been fighting since the Saibaman would have been rivaling Raditz in strength.

4) Phantom Majin Hirudegarn would have been dodging all of Ruthless Final Form Frost's attacks the very exact same way Phantom Majin Hirudegarn would have been able to dodge some of the attacks of the Z-Fighters from Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of The Dragon right until Phantom Majin Hirudegarn would have been able to tire out Ruthless Final Form Frost enough to have been able to defeat the literal fifth-rate knock-off of Fourth Form Frieza.

5) True Ultra Instinct Moro (Seven-Three Absorbed) would have been killed by all of the power he would have been absorbing right when True Ultra Instinct Moro (Seven-Three Absorbed) would have been able to defeat one of the opponents he would have been pitted up against.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Goku (omen) and Vegeta SSBe Vs Moro-73.

Would Goku being there make Vegeta be able to land hits and use spirit fission? Could they win without spirit fission?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:34 pm Goku (omen) and Vegeta SSBe Vs Moro-73.

Would Goku being there make Vegeta be able to land hits and use spirit fission? Could they win without spirit fission?
Mmm, I don't think so.
Moro73 one-shot Vegeta the moment he was "born", he KO'd the blue out of him. Then he toyed with him a little more, and when he applied himself a bit, he defeated him easily with some trolling involved.
The same happened to Sign Goku. It looked like the one doing the UI dodge was Moro, and with just one blow he made Goku 'sign off' (sorry for the awful humour).
I think it's pretty likely that Moro would grab a neck, probably Goku's and copy Sign, making matters worse.

And that was a supressed Moro, the FP he used to try to hit UI Goku would deal with them easier.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:20 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:31 pm
Jack Bz wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:34 pm Goku (omen) and Vegeta SSBe Vs Moro-73.

Mmm, I don't think so.
Moro73 one-shot Vegeta the moment he was "born", he KO'd the blue out of him. Then he toyed with him a little more, and when he applied himself a bit, he defeated him easily with some trolling involved.
The same happened to Sign Goku. It looked like the one doing the UI dodge was Moro, and with just one blow he made Goku 'sign off' (sorry for the awful humour).
I think it's pretty likely that Moro would grab a neck, probably Goku's and copy Sign, making matters worse.

And that was a supressed Moro, the FP he used to try to hit UI Goku would deal with them easier.
While I can imagine it going that way too, Goku/Gohan/Piccolo still managed to pull off a team attack that blew off Moro's arm and caught him off guard. I feel it within the realm of possibility that they can create a situation where Goku gets Moro in a full nelson (the ultimate dragon ball technique :P) and let's vegeta get in some hits and separate 7-3. It could go either way for me.

But yeah without spirit fission it's probably not possible at least.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Young Piccolo Daimao vs. King Vegeta

Rules:
Blance power levels
No outside help
No giant forms

Who wins?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:00 pm Young Piccolo Daimao vs. King Vegeta

Rules:
Blance power levels
No outside help
No giant forms

Who wins?
I really would like to say that Piccolo Daimaō would have been able to win against King Vegeta, since Piccolo Daimaō would have been much more experienced than King Vegeta when it would come right down to Martial Arts experience.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:00 pm Young Piccolo Daimao vs. King Vegeta

Rules:
Blance power levels
No outside help
No giant forms

Who wins?
I think King Vegeta has the experience edge, I don't think any of them has techniques that could put them above the other. For instance, I think Piccolo Jr. would win, but Young Piccolo Daimaoh... not so sure. I'm going with the King's battle history.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:10 pm

Rules:
Blance power levels
No outside help
No giant forms

Who wins?
The biggest issue with answering this question is the lack of information we have on King Vegeta. With Piccolo Daimao, we've seen him fight multiple times, we've seen his techniques, we've seen his fighting style and strategies, etc... We don't have any of that on King Vegeta. We know he was "strong", but we also know his son surpassed him at a very young age, so what does strong mean exactly if a kid surpassed him ?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:03 pm

What if the Tournament of Time in Dragon Ball Legends had included characters from outside of the Dragon World and you had the chance of picking which said characters would make an appearance in the Tournament of Time?

1) Jared Fogle vs. Shao Kahn.

2) Dave Chappelle vs. Godzilla.

3) John Cena vs. Ridley.

4) Masahiro Sakurai vs. Waluigi.

5) Jedi Knight Tauros vs. Darth Matador & Darth Doggo.

6) Ugandan Knuckles vs. Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Tommy Oliver.

7) Wakandan Knuckles vs. Lord Drakkon.

Eight) Bruce Willis vs. Thanos.

9) Ricardo Milos vs. Seto Kaiba.